Gage Linville

Original 44
Wow, what a week he had at Mini O’s. He won 2 B titles in Supercross and swept all 4 B titles in Motocross. Does anybody know what kind of ride he has with Yamaha. Is he signed with Star or some satellite team?
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/30/2021 7:19am
Wow, what a week he had at Mini O’s. He won 2 B titles in Supercross and swept all 4 B titles in Motocross. Does anybody...
Wow, what a week he had at Mini O’s. He won 2 B titles in Supercross and swept all 4 B titles in Motocross. Does anybody know what kind of ride he has with Yamaha. Is he signed with Star or some satellite team?
He was with Yamaha’s amateur program through LL this year (Not Star) and has since gone about his own program aboard Yamahas. He’s not with the Yamaha Factory Am team nor Star.
Crash81
11/30/2021 7:51am
Yeah he's blazing fast, but a bit entitled. I saw him at the Baja Brawl and he was complaining about being dropped 2nd after the 25+ class because he had to deal with passing so many slower 25+ riders. Here's a solution Gage....stop sand-bagging and race the appropriate class. His lap times were better than the A riders.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/30/2021 7:57am
Crash81 wrote:
Yeah he's blazing fast, but a bit entitled. I saw him at the Baja Brawl and he was complaining about being dropped 2nd after the 25+...
Yeah he's blazing fast, but a bit entitled. I saw him at the Baja Brawl and he was complaining about being dropped 2nd after the 25+ class because he had to deal with passing so many slower 25+ riders. Here's a solution Gage....stop sand-bagging and race the appropriate class. His lap times were better than the A riders.
I'm fairly certain that his was his last B event. I believe based on his LL results (should be bumped), he'll be in A class for 2022.

The Shop

Rickyisms
12/1/2021 8:47pm
Wow, what a week he had at Mini O’s. He won 2 B titles in Supercross and swept all 4 B titles in Motocross. Does anybody...
ML512 wrote:
He was with Yamaha’s amateur program through LL this year (Not Star) and has since gone about his own program aboard Yamahas. He’s not with the...
He was with Yamaha’s amateur program through LL this year (Not Star) and has since gone about his own program aboard Yamahas. He’s not with the Yamaha Factory Am team nor Star.
What's the deal with that Yamaha Am team? Just found their Instagram the other day.
philG
12/2/2021 3:05am
Guy rides a class down and wins shocker.
Sacko
12/2/2021 4:18pm
philG wrote:
He likely had to ride a class down. If he wants to stay B for big AM events this year he HAS to ride B even in local events when the competition is much... less. Even though its a local event he could get protested at the AM Nationals if someone were to find out he rode A class at a local event.
philG
12/3/2021 4:19am
philG wrote:
Sacko wrote:
He likely had to ride a class down. If he wants to stay B for big AM events this year he HAS to ride B even...
He likely had to ride a class down. If he wants to stay B for big AM events this year he HAS to ride B even in local events when the competition is much... less. Even though its a local event he could get protested at the AM Nationals if someone were to find out he rode A class at a local event.
Ah.. so local sandbagging so you can do national sandbagging.

But i have never understood AM classes .
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
12/3/2021 4:31am
philG wrote:
Sacko wrote:
He likely had to ride a class down. If he wants to stay B for big AM events this year he HAS to ride B even...
philG wrote:

Some of you guys put too much stock into a letter.
DonM
12/3/2021 5:56am
philG wrote:
Sacko wrote:
philG wrote:

Then why comment like you do…
Crash81
12/3/2021 5:57am
Sacko wrote:
philG wrote:

agn5008 wrote:
You're minimizing what's really being talked about. It's not about 1 class or 1 rider. The sport has a problem with sand bagging and it ends up cascading down to the beginner class. I watched a guy in Michigan this year win race after race in the C class with lap times that would've been 2nd or 3rd in B class and maybe mid pack in A. I think one way to fix this is to make sure that every trophy says "Beginner" for c class riders and "Intermediate" for b class riders. No money or dealer checks. Force these guys to display trophies with that language. Maybe they wont' feel so impressed with themselves after that.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
12/3/2021 6:06am
philG wrote:
Sacko wrote:
philG wrote:

At least you admit you don't understand
philG
12/3/2021 7:00am
GrapeApe wrote:
I dont understand how folk get giddy over a guy winning a class that doesnt have the fastest guys in it.
12/3/2021 7:13am
philG wrote:
I dont understand how folk get giddy over a guy winning a class that doesnt have the fastest guys in it.
Do you not feel anything towards the 250f pro classes? They don't have the fastest guys in them either.

It's all about relative competition and development. The kids in B are competing against the other top kids in B, who will all move to A next year (unless they are 16 and under) and this is the crop where future top pros come from. I'm not defending the way our am system works, but you don't have to agree with the system to enjoy the racing or talent.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
12/3/2021 7:41am
GrapeApe wrote:
philG wrote:
I know you dont, phil.

My daughter won a 7th grade basketball game last night, I was giddy. Nothing wrong with celebrating a kid's success, he'll be thrown to the wolves of professional racing soon enough and judged accordingly.
LungButter
12/3/2021 7:49am
Don't hate the player...hate the game!
This 100% applies to this type of situation.

If these kids wanna make it to the top of the sport they gotta play the game, sometimes that involves a little sandbagging.
12/3/2021 11:40am
I don't think Linville is sand-bagging as much as trying to catch up on the 3 years he didn't as much put a leg over a motorcycle. I really thought that was the end of Linville and i am surprised to see him battling with the fastest riders in the country. I think he is AMA17 and Mini Os was his last B race and we will see what Linville is made of because the A class is stacked and will be some good racing in 22. Just my humble opinion!
12/3/2021 11:41am
Sandbagging shit has been going on since who knows when. The problem will never cease to exist until all the teams agree to stop signing these kids until they r in the A/Pro sport classes. Then at least there will be some incentive to race that class at LL.
dc444
Fantasy
1334th
12/3/2021 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2021 12:20pm
I don’t understand this conversation… His biggest competitors were hurt. Deegan, Ferry and Garib had a big get off in SX. If he was getting 2nd’s and 3rd’s, would the conversation be the same?
Zycki11
12/3/2021 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2021 1:03pm
philG wrote:

agn5008 wrote:
Crash81 wrote:
You're minimizing what's really being talked about. It's not about 1 class or 1 rider. The sport has a problem with sand bagging and it ends...
You're minimizing what's really being talked about. It's not about 1 class or 1 rider. The sport has a problem with sand bagging and it ends up cascading down to the beginner class. I watched a guy in Michigan this year win race after race in the C class with lap times that would've been 2nd or 3rd in B class and maybe mid pack in A. I think one way to fix this is to make sure that every trophy says "Beginner" for c class riders and "Intermediate" for b class riders. No money or dealer checks. Force these guys to display trophies with that language. Maybe they wont' feel so impressed with themselves after that.
The flip side to this, when you hit a national level race you get smoked in those classes. Local is local and doesn’t have the same pace. It’s never going to be perfect, but local racers move up quickly just so they can possibly make a buck to pay for the weekend or a portion of it. That does not include guys hitting local and national races. They have to compete as well and it does not always benefit the rider to just move higher.

Perhaps little Joey has a plan and is executing it? Confidence is key in this sport.
brocsdad
12/3/2021 1:03pm
The 250B Class typically has the fastest lap times at Loretta's. Most of the kids stay in the B Class for the hopes of gaining titles and getting picked up by a team.

If your not a top 3 guy in the B Class it's highly unlikely you will be picked up by a team and groomed for success in the Pro ranks.

As far as sandbagging it happens all the time and that's just the way it is. The kid that won the 250C and 450C Class at the Iron Man Qualifier on a YZ 125 had lap times that would have put him in the top 5 of the A Class.
philG
12/3/2021 1:29pm
mx 219 wrote:
I believe he is 18.
Jesus, we isnt even a kid.
slumpstone
12/3/2021 2:20pm
You do know he is the winningest 50cc rider of all time. Kid has a lot of talent. Some of you act surprised that he’s winning
12/3/2021 3:56pm
GrapeApe wrote:
philG wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
I know you dont, phil. My daughter won a 7th grade basketball game last night, I was giddy. Nothing wrong with celebrating a kid's success, he'll...
I know you dont, phil.

My daughter won a 7th grade basketball game last night, I was giddy. Nothing wrong with celebrating a kid's success, he'll be thrown to the wolves of professional racing soon enough and judged accordingly.
Age limits, are different to Sandbagging.
12/3/2021 3:58pm
slumpstone wrote:
You do know he is the winningest 50cc rider of all time. Kid has a lot of talent. Some of you act surprised that he’s winning
No not suprised he is winning, just suprised he is not in the A Class.
DonM
12/3/2021 9:39pm
mx 219 wrote:
I believe he is 18.
philG wrote:
Jesus, we isnt even a kid.
Why are you still commenting….you admitted that your not an expert but yet you still comment like you know everything….oh wait it’s just Phil shitting on anything to do with MX in the US…
philG
12/4/2021 5:38am
Age limits, are different to Sandbagging.
The fact that he is racing Deegan who is still 15 is what i dont get.. and seeing as nobody can ever explain the classes, they cant both be in the right one.

Post a reply to: Gage Linville

The Latest