GREAT OUTDOOR COVERAGE

I bought NBC Sports Gold and I am glad that I did. Getting live or recorded access to practice, and, full motos. Weege, Grant and Georgia are just so wonderful to have. I wish the supercross coverage was done with these people, and, was so easy access.
|
motosurf
6/24/2017 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 4:11pm
I'm glad I didn't buy it and watched the motos 5 minutes after they happen for free on YouTube. But that 50 dollar app, bitchin!
tickleme20
6/24/2017 3:17pm
Coverage was actually the best ever I've seen it today, consistent and less buggy than in past weeks. Really is a great app, have enjoyed it.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/24/2017 6:25pm
motosurf wrote:
I'm glad I didn't buy it and watched the motos 5 minutes after they happen for free on YouTube. But that 50 dollar app, bitchin!
Lots of you guys on this site lately. Bitter much ?

The Shop

6/24/2017 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 6:38pm
motosurf wrote:
langhammx wrote:
I'm with motosurf, hell I even watched the races live without paying for it. The app is great for those of you who asked for it, but I had no problem with the old system and I don't agree with having to pay for it. IMO making people have to pay for something is not making it more accessible, and I believe that is a backwards notion in terms of growing the sport.

Not bitter at all I'm happy for everyone who paid for it and enjoys it.
NHtoWA421
6/24/2017 6:56pm
motosurf wrote:
langhammx wrote:
I'm with motosurf, hell I even watched the races live without paying for it. The app is great for those of you who asked for it...
I'm with motosurf, hell I even watched the races live without paying for it. The app is great for those of you who asked for it, but I had no problem with the old system and I don't agree with having to pay for it. IMO making people have to pay for something is not making it more accessible, and I believe that is a backwards notion in terms of growing the sport.

So by that logic, you think that everybody should get to go to the race for free?
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/24/2017 7:40pm
motosurf wrote:
langhammx wrote:
I'm with motosurf, hell I even watched the races live without paying for it. The app is great for those of you who asked for it...

To be clear, I watch the races LIVE too, without the APP. But that's not the point here. Some people can't do that and for $50, it seems like a deal to me to be able to see the first Moto's in HD. Let alone being able to watch practice too.

So my point is that sometimes it's better to not post, if you're just going to be negative. Too much negativity on this forum, it's getting OLD fast !
TXDirt
6/24/2017 7:41pm
Not going to bag on guys who can't afford $50 for what amounts to a want and not a need. Been there. But please don't pretend that it's somehow superior to watch YouTube videos after the race is over. That's just lame.

If you have the money then obviously the NBC Gold Sports app is superior. Live practice and all motos all HD and commercial free.

If you can't afford it then yes there is always YouTube after the fact.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/24/2017 7:46pm
TXDirt wrote:
Not going to bag on guys who can't afford $50 for what amounts to a want and not a need. Been there. But please don't pretend...
Not going to bag on guys who can't afford $50 for what amounts to a want and not a need. Been there. But please don't pretend that it's somehow superior to watch YouTube videos after the race is over. That's just lame.

If you have the money then obviously the NBC Gold Sports app is superior. Live practice and all motos all HD and commercial free.

^^ This ^^
tickleme20
6/24/2017 7:50pm
TXDirt wrote:
Not going to bag on guys who can't afford $50 for what amounts to a want and not a need. Been there. But please don't pretend...

Exactly this. And it's great to see everything live, as it happens. Did the YouTube thing for SX and I really don't miss having to scout out unreliable, often crappy quality uploads. Not to mention trying to avoid spoilers until I find the right ones. NBC Gold is the freaking tits.
6/24/2017 8:08pm
People will spend $50 on a couple trips to the movies or eating out at restaurants, but can't spare $50 to have all-access, no-hassle coverage of the sport they love, lol.

I, for one, was sick of squinting when looking for motos on YouTube, trying to block out potential spoilers from screenshots of the post-race interviews with the winners... Surely I can't be the only one who's gone through that shit before.
DPR250R
6/24/2017 8:39pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I would have paid $100 for it!
If they raise the price next year it's your fault.
6/24/2017 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 10:24pm
langhammx wrote:
To be clear, I watch the races LIVE too, without the APP. But that's not the point here. Some people can't do that and for $50...
To be clear, I watch the races LIVE too, without the APP. But that's not the point here. Some people can't do that and for $50, it seems like a deal to me to be able to see the first Moto's in HD. Let alone being able to watch practice too.

So my point is that sometimes it's better to not post, if you're just going to be negative. Too much negativity on this forum, it's getting OLD fast !
I agree 100%, the app seems great and I will probably end up buying it because I believe you can only watch older motos with it as they took them off the promotocross site and I'm dumb and enjoy watching older races. Truth be told I didn't buy it because I did not expect to be home on the weekends like I have.

The thing I like most about the app is that it's what a lot of people have asked for for awhile now and the people in charge listened to us fans and made it happen, which I will always appreciate.
DF313
Fantasy
2460th
6/24/2017 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 10:36pm
People will spend $50 on a couple trips to the movies or eating out at restaurants, but can't spare $50 to have all-access, no-hassle coverage of...
People will spend $50 on a couple trips to the movies or eating out at restaurants, but can't spare $50 to have all-access, no-hassle coverage of the sport they love, lol.

I, for one, was sick of squinting when looking for motos on YouTube, trying to block out potential spoilers from screenshots of the post-race interviews with the winners... Surely I can't be the only one who's gone through that shit before.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who squints while looking up races in YouTube to avoid the thumb nail spoilers. Also, glad I bought the gold package, as stated before, it really is DD. I'd buy it for supercross as well if they offered it, I might even pay double.... But that's just me.
JM485
6/24/2017 10:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 10:49pm
All they had to do was keep the free stream for everyone with a cable log in, and offer the payed stream for those who don't have one. Everyone would have been happy, but they decided to flip a lot of us the bird, so for me it's YouTube races.

Edit: Regardless of the BS NBC pulls, the broadcast team is absolutely on it! You don't realize how bad supercross is until you listen to Grant, Weege, and Georgia get the job done.
mxtech1
6/25/2017 8:39am
I watched the entire Live stream of the Lima, OH flat track race last night on Facebook. It was actually really good. The picture quality of course wasn't super high def, and there are breaks in the stream based on delays, track prep, etc. but I kept telling myself "this is so awesome why can't MX do this" and i'm not even a huge AFT fan

But for a free live stream event, it was awesome. They had multiple cameras getting all the shots and a good crew switching them around. No over-bearing announcers - just the same announcer on the PA promoting the show, that was cool to hear the race from a promoter's point perspective.

I wish we could get away from this NBC bullshit and standard broadcasting and utilize new technology to just live stream the entire day.
gharmon
6/25/2017 10:19am
People will spend $50 on a couple trips to the movies or eating out at restaurants, but can't spare $50 to have all-access, no-hassle coverage of...

You surely are not the only one. And no matter how hard you try you usually have some inkling to who place where. If I want to do something on a Sat now and watch the races later or if I have to work on Sat I have to be real careful with twatter notifications. I have had those ruin it for me. Sometimes I do it before I even realize I've open the notification. I love the app.
ledger
6/25/2017 10:23am
The Holeshit Holeshot was worth a few giggles.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
6/25/2017 10:50am
It saved me this weekend. Stuck in hotel. Fired up the laptop boom buffer free hd live . Worked great.

Post a reply to: GREAT OUTDOOR COVERAGE

The Latest