GPs chat ....

mohammed
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2014 3:08pm
Welcome to a new mxgp season, It should be a very exciting one. Can cairoli keep his position at #1? its going to be tough, paulin and desalle are his toughest competition but i see a healthy frossard and bobryshev who can be up there also. Its great to see frossard back in action, van horbbek is looking real strong in the off season and his second year riding MX1 he will be better and faster in the yamaha. Tyla and searle dont really now what to expect , tyla hasnt been so fast in the warm up races and searle is on and off, i hope he can be a contender also. nagle , simpson, phillieaparts, strijbos are out of the top 5 to me.

How you guys think waters and tyla will do? its great to see most of the top guys going into the season healthy, Except dedycker who is expected to miss a round or two? also a threat when hes on it.

motervachi races epic battle
https://youtu.be/6wQ2e9thmr4
|
nytsmaC
2/24/2014 9:51am
Watching the GP's is like watching the WNBA.
MotoX85
2/24/2014 10:45am
nytsmaC wrote:
Watching the GP's is like watching the WNBA.
Agree!!!!!!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/24/2014 11:03am
Looking forward to some outdoor motocross, although Qatar may seem like an SX double header given the night show.

I don't see anyone challenging AC. I am inclined to think Tyla will struggle, though I hope he has great success for himself and the Husky effort. Hope the other 450 guys stay healthy.
2/24/2014 11:06am
mohammed wrote:
Welcome to a new mxgp season, It should be a very exciting one. Can cairoli keep his position at #1? its going to be tough, paulin...
Welcome to a new mxgp season, It should be a very exciting one. Can cairoli keep his position at #1? its going to be tough, paulin and desalle are his toughest competition but i see a healthy frossard and bobryshev who can be up there also. Its great to see frossard back in action, van horbbek is looking real strong in the off season and his second year riding MX1 he will be better and faster in the yamaha. Tyla and searle dont really now what to expect , tyla hasnt been so fast in the warm up races and searle is on and off, i hope he can be a contender also. nagle , simpson, phillieaparts, strijbos are out of the top 5 to me.

How you guys think waters and tyla will do? its great to see most of the top guys going into the season healthy, Except dedycker who is expected to miss a round or two? also a threat when hes on it.

motervachi races epic battle
https://youtu.be/6wQ2e9thmr4
Bobryshev, a top contender ???

No way !

The Shop

Astor
2/24/2014 11:08am
A healty Frossard should be a threat for top 3 imo.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
2/24/2014 11:11am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2014 11:13am
I think the Middle Eastern Night GP is gonna be sorta neat to watch(I'm looking fwd to watching it).
I think it's neat that they're trying something a little different.
I just hope they get a good Saudi turnout,better then the Turkish GP.
2/24/2014 11:24am
If Tony is injured then it's going to be a tall order, though you can certainly never bet against him down the stretch. Reading one of Gautier's interviews in DBR the other day - I think he sounds the most determined he's ever been. The guy is NOT happy playing second fiddle to anyone this year and believes his fitness is where it needs to be.... so we'll see how that works out. But yeah, he sounded to me like he meant business.

I think Tyla may be a top 5-10 ish rider right away, and then once again as the season goes on, a podium contender. I don't personally think that he will win the title and/or beat the likes of Desalle, Paulin and Searle.
2/24/2014 11:29am
people can hype up the gps all they want,,,

fact is its a 2 man show , cairoli and herlings!!
mohammed
2/24/2014 11:39am
If Tony is injured then it's going to be a tall order, though you can certainly never bet against him down the stretch. Reading one of...
If Tony is injured then it's going to be a tall order, though you can certainly never bet against him down the stretch. Reading one of Gautier's interviews in DBR the other day - I think he sounds the most determined he's ever been. The guy is NOT happy playing second fiddle to anyone this year and believes his fitness is where it needs to be.... so we'll see how that works out. But yeah, he sounded to me like he meant business.

I think Tyla may be a top 5-10 ish rider right away, and then once again as the season goes on, a podium contender. I don't personally think that he will win the title and/or beat the likes of Desalle, Paulin and Searle.
I think paulin is the guy to take it tony, he is also a good starter.
mohammed
2/24/2014 11:41am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2014 11:59am
FastEddy wrote:
I think the Middle Eastern Night GP is gonna be sorta neat to watch(I'm looking fwd to watching it). I think it's neat that they're trying...
I think the Middle Eastern Night GP is gonna be sorta neat to watch(I'm looking fwd to watching it).
I think it's neat that they're trying something a little different.
I just hope they get a good Saudi turnout,better then the Turkish GP.
I dont see a good fan turnout, but i dont think luongo cares, he already got his money for the event.
MotoX85
2/24/2014 11:48am
mototed 82 wrote:

And KTM pays good money to keep it that way. Hence the only reason I will watch it is I will set my DVR to record it and in about 2 days after I have watch this weeks SX 4 or 5 times. I will watch the GPs cause it is outdoor MX. I hate SX, but would still watch it over GPs.

In America we like winners, ones that step off the porch and play with the big dogs, not hide in the closet with sand in their manginas. You can make whatever excuses make you feel better or comment on whatever it takes to stay in ggod ass sucking standard with certain teams, the simple point is "you are champion of nothing except the "support" class until you step up and race with the big boys. Until that happens it will always be a fourth rate series, as I would rather watch Endurocross, GNCC, off-road truck racing before watching the GPs. And now matter how many titles KTM likes to claim and pay for, I will never buy a KTM on the basis of "Race wins" As I would never buy any brand of bike on how many titles they have (bought) because when I buy it, the riders throttle hand and talent does not come with the bike.
2/24/2014 11:57am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2014 11:58am
"I would never buy any brand of bike on how many titles they have (bought) because when I buy it, the riders throttle hand and talent does not come with the bike." - MotoX85

Shame, would be cool to see you run with the best MX riders in the world like Cairoli, Herlings and roczen Wink
They didn't just buy the titles though, only takes a few DNF's or a bad bike to lose and they obviously have championship winning equipment, the same cant be said of all manufacturers right now. These guys also help develop the bikes they ride don't forget. Bikes which end up very similar to those you can buy, especially with KTM.
DP#201
2/24/2014 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2014 12:28pm
mototed 82 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:
And KTM pays good money to keep it that way. Hence the only reason I will watch it is I will set my DVR to record...
And KTM pays good money to keep it that way. Hence the only reason I will watch it is I will set my DVR to record it and in about 2 days after I have watch this weeks SX 4 or 5 times. I will watch the GPs cause it is outdoor MX. I hate SX, but would still watch it over GPs.

In America we like winners, ones that step off the porch and play with the big dogs, not hide in the closet with sand in their manginas. You can make whatever excuses make you feel better or comment on whatever it takes to stay in ggod ass sucking standard with certain teams, the simple point is "you are champion of nothing except the "support" class until you step up and race with the big boys. Until that happens it will always be a fourth rate series, as I would rather watch Endurocross, GNCC, off-road truck racing before watching the GPs. And now matter how many titles KTM likes to claim and pay for, I will never buy a KTM on the basis of "Race wins" As I would never buy any brand of bike on how many titles they have (bought) because when I buy it, the riders throttle hand and talent does not come with the bike.
I don't get it… Why would you comment on the GP serie if you hate it that much.. Why don't you just STFU with your bad karma.. You like winners?? You are clearly a pretty big looser your self.. with a grudge….

EDIT: reed - you are a looser, not america…
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
2/24/2014 12:26pm
MotoX85 wrote:
And KTM pays good money to keep it that way. Hence the only reason I will watch it is I will set my DVR to record...

The Rock
2/24/2014 1:04pm
"I would never buy any brand of bike on how many titles they have (bought) because when I buy it, the riders throttle hand and talent...
"I would never buy any brand of bike on how many titles they have (bought) because when I buy it, the riders throttle hand and talent does not come with the bike." - MotoX85

Shame, would be cool to see you run with the best MX riders in the world like Cairoli, Herlings and roczen Wink
They didn't just buy the titles though, only takes a few DNF's or a bad bike to lose and they obviously have championship winning equipment, the same cant be said of all manufacturers right now. These guys also help develop the bikes they ride don't forget. Bikes which end up very similar to those you can buy, especially with KTM.
Based on KTM sales figures last year it is safe to say MotoX85 is in the minority when it comes to how people feel about making a KTM purchase.

The title buying stuff and the only two guys stuff is just bait so I will pass on those hooks.
mrpip
2/24/2014 1:23pm
wow motox85, you've confused the shit outta me!
you hate SX but watch this weeks race 4 or 5 times? but as a true MX fan, you'd rather watch truck racing than a GP? strange stuff right there.
so if say, the top 5 GP riders all moved over here to race and prove their worth to you, then the new replacing top 5 in the GPs would all be weak ass second rate riders? so really the only solution for you is to shut down their whole series over there and move them all here. that'd make true men of them right?
jeez!
MotoX85
2/24/2014 1:30pm
"I would never buy any brand of bike on how many titles they have (bought) because when I buy it, the riders throttle hand and talent...

What... Did you read my post. It means the riders talent is what made the championship, not the brand of bike. Whatever you typed after that, I have know idea. You foreigners need to get you translation handbook out.
MotoX85
2/24/2014 1:32pm
mototed 82 wrote:

MotoX85 wrote:

DP#201 wrote:
I don't get it… Why would you comment on the GP serie if you hate it that much.. Why don't you just STFU with your bad...
I don't get it… Why would you comment on the GP serie if you hate it that much.. Why don't you just STFU with your bad karma.. You like winners?? You are clearly a pretty big looser your self.. with a grudge….

I dont' hate the GPs, but you cannot consider yourself a viable series if you let manufacturers sandbag classess so they can say their riders are champions. And then have all the nut swingers rant on about KTM this and that.
MotoX85
2/24/2014 1:33pm
MotoX85 wrote:

[img]https://www.ftemoto.com/othergalleries/goofs/images/zz4310928972_2fde693bfe.jpg[/img]
Lol! But my post is correct, whether you agree or not.
philG
2/24/2014 1:35pm
MotoX85 wrote:

You like winners ???

Is that why you all stay home , but still call everything 'World Series' ... so you can win.

I love that fact that your guys come here and get beat by guys they never freaking heard of....

GP's are a man's game , 2 days of hard work with a schedule that is as hard as anything in the US ... you need to watch to see who the next guy to whup your asses is gonna be.
mohammed
2/24/2014 1:37pm
Come on lets talk gp racing dont bother with that idiot motoX.
MotoX85
2/24/2014 1:42pm
mrpip wrote:
wow motox85, you've confused the shit outta me! you hate SX but watch this weeks race 4 or 5 times? but as a true MX fan...
wow motox85, you've confused the shit outta me!
you hate SX but watch this weeks race 4 or 5 times? but as a true MX fan, you'd rather watch truck racing than a GP? strange stuff right there.
so if say, the top 5 GP riders all moved over here to race and prove their worth to you, then the new replacing top 5 in the GPs would all be weak ass second rate riders? so really the only solution for you is to shut down their whole series over there and move them all here. that'd make true men of them right?
jeez!
Ok, I'll clarify. I do not care for SX, I prefer MX, but will watch it in the winter as there is not other racing on. When the GPs start up you would think this would serve as my fix, however, since KTM has bought and paid for the 2 championships it has become so boring and uninteresting that I will watch SX over it (says how bad it is) and even other soprts before I watch GP MX.

No clue what you put in the second paragraph, you have to put your ear to your 5 th point of contact, cause that is what you are talking out of.

No, KTM should not get the rules changed and degrade a once great series so they can control both classes. Riders should have be moved up to compete with the faster riders instead of letting KTM sand bag a class, thus destroying any chance of a good up and coming rider getting noticed and possibly getting a support ride for the "support" class. Instead we have a crying whine baby sand bagging the "support" class so KTM can claim they won 2 championships instead of putting both racers is the premiere class.

I don't think any racers should move anywhere, GP riders are good in GP and Americna riders are good in America. By saying we like winners, I am saying that we strive to MOVE UP and race the faster riders instead of sitting on porch claiming we are the "fastest in the world" without racing one race in the premiere class.

Do yo ufollow yet.

A lot of people seemed to not like my comments................. must have been pretty close to the truth....

Also just so you know, my rider in the states is Ken Roczen so please leave your Euro bashing crap at the door ( I am half German though).
themrtoad
2/24/2014 1:49pm
I Think Frossard is a dark horse. Fast as hell but he never seems to make it a full season. It will be a lot of fun anyway to see what happens behind AC222. KDD will obviously be happy to play second behind AC222, but I Think Frossard will challenge GP21.

Desalle comes in under the radar as well after injury, but it's a long serie so if he can keep in the top 5 and Tony rides with an injured ancle things can stay exciting.

I don't see anyone challenging Herlings...Maybe Fevbre and Tonus can get Close sometimes but not on a regular basis.
2/24/2014 1:54pm
themrtoad wrote:
I Think Frossard is a dark horse. Fast as hell but he never seems to make it a full season. It will be a lot of...
I Think Frossard is a dark horse. Fast as hell but he never seems to make it a full season. It will be a lot of fun anyway to see what happens behind AC222. KDD will obviously be happy to play second behind AC222, but I Think Frossard will challenge GP21.

Desalle comes in under the radar as well after injury, but it's a long serie so if he can keep in the top 5 and Tony rides with an injured ancle things can stay exciting.

I don't see anyone challenging Herlings...Maybe Fevbre and Tonus can get Close sometimes but not on a regular basis.
De Dycker is actually injured and will probably miss the 1st two rounds.

And Desalle just won the Lacapelle International race with style.
zook11
2/24/2014 2:02pm
I can't wait to see what Fossard can do. I remember watching a race in 2011 or 2012 just blown away how good he rides when he is on. Gonna be a really good season in the GPs.
visser62
2/24/2014 2:19pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I dont' hate the GPs, but you cannot consider yourself a viable series if you let manufacturers sandbag classess so they can say their riders are...
I dont' hate the GPs, but you cannot consider yourself a viable series if you let manufacturers sandbag classess so they can say their riders are champions. And then have all the nut swingers rant on about KTM this and that.
I will remind you that Davalos won the 250 class in Atlanta.
2/24/2014 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2014 2:25pm
MotoX85 wrote:

DP#201 wrote:
I don't get it… Why would you comment on the GP serie if you hate it that much.. Why don't you just STFU with your bad...

MotoX85 wrote:
I dont' hate the GPs, but you cannot consider yourself a viable series if you let manufacturers sandbag classess so they can say their riders are...
Sandbag classes. what like RC and RV did? Or Stewart, or anyone else who won in the smaller class more than once? Herlings is still young has a lot to learn. If he wins this year he will be a three time MX2/125 champion just like Rahier, or Harry Everts, or Chiodi. If you think those guys are sandbaggers you know little about the sport.
MotoX85
2/24/2014 2:31pm
MotoX85 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
I will remind you that Davalos won the 250 class in Atlanta.
And..........how does this apply to what is being discussed. Are you saying that Pro Circui Kawasaki, a Kawasaki support team, has riders in the SX support class and THAT is comparable to factory KTMs rule changing sandbagging. If you want to use YOUR comparison. Where is Tomac, Hahn, Roczen, Barcia, Canard, Villopoto, etc, etc, Oh, they got moved up, they are in the 450's now, not sandbagging the "support" class
Glory
2/24/2014 2:32pm
The GPs TV broadcoast really suck. Hope Eurosport will make it better than Motors TV did, more like the AMA broadcast
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/24/2014 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2014 2:34pm
This got off-topic quicklyPinch

Post a reply to: GPs chat ....

The Latest