GPs: Dixon/Cosworth Yamaha is now on Kawasakis

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Edited Date/Time 12/3/2014 3:05pm
|
bvm111
11/30/2014 9:20am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2014 9:20am
There is something about Kawasakis that just look bad ass!!!!!

I want those Ohlins forks for my 06 KX250!!!!
wow123
11/30/2014 9:43am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2014 10:00am
strange thread title

uh oh

delete
delete
delete

whoops

note to self; dont post to much after being out on the town!

500guy
11/30/2014 9:43am
I hope they have a great year. Sure would be nice to see Max win some GP's
11/30/2014 9:58am
wow123 wrote:
strange thread title

uh oh

delete
delete
delete

whoops

Steve Dixon is the team owner and manager not a rider.

Why do you always structure your posts with

large spaces and missing

lines where they are not

needed?

I always ask myself

every time I see one of your posts.

The Shop

jstein639
11/30/2014 10:09am
ML512 wrote:
It doesn't look like their bikes have a carbon fiber subframe like many of the other GP bikes.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/30/2014 10:28am
ML512 wrote:
jstein639 wrote:
It doesn't look like their bikes have a carbon fiber subframe like many of the other GP bikes.
I imagine it will come race season. I would take a guess that this was just a display bike at whatever show they announced this at.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/30/2014 10:28am
wow123 wrote:
strange thread title

uh oh

delete
delete
delete

whoops

I guess I missed your initial post.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
11/30/2014 10:31am
Lot's of green at the GP's this coming year. Who else is on blue across the pond?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/30/2014 10:33am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2014 10:33am
Jarid332 wrote:
Lot's of green at the GP's this coming year. Who else is on blue across the pond?
I've lost track a bit, currently I can only think of Rinaldi (Yamaha's main factory effort) and the DP19 team off the top of my head. Can anyone who follows the GP scene more closely tell me if they had another MX2 team this year or are planning to add one?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/30/2014 10:35am
Jarid332 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I've lost track a bit, currently I can only think of Rinaldi (Yamaha's main factory effort) and the DP19 team off the top of my head...
I've lost track a bit, currently I can only think of Rinaldi (Yamaha's main factory effort) and the DP19 team off the top of my head. Can anyone who follows the GP scene more closely tell me if they had another MX2 team this year or are planning to add one?
NVM, answered my own question. Their other MX2 team this year was Kemea Yamaha with Petar Petrov and Luke Styke.
MCR
11/30/2014 10:38am
MX2 Yamaha is now.

Standing Constructs. moving from KTM to Yamaha and getting factory support. Riders, Valentin Guillod and Julien Lieber
Kamea yamaha also got yamaha support. Riders. Damon Graulus, French kid Paturel and Brent van Donick.

All young kids on the yamaha next year in the GP''s. 3 of the 5 riders are frow Belgium. Van Donick will do the European Championships and some GP''s that are not together with the EMX250. Title contender this kid.

That yamaha of Anstie this year in Lommel was unreal. Never have seen a 250 that fast!! HOLY SHIT

MCR
11/30/2014 10:39am
Jarid332 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I've lost track a bit, currently I can only think of Rinaldi (Yamaha's main factory effort) and the DP19 team off the top of my head...
ML512 wrote:
NVM, answered my own question. Their other MX2 team this year was Kemea Yamaha with Petar Petrov and Luke Styke.
Yes, they change the team with new and young riders. Petrov is going to the UK and KTM and Styke is heading back to home.
jeffro503
11/30/2014 11:20am
What's weird is.....Kawi seems to be gaining momentum over in the GP's....and now KTM is gaining momentum here in the states.

Who would of thought that just 2 - 3 yrs ago?

Cool bikes for sure ML and thanks for posting.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
11/30/2014 11:27am
Def going to be the KTM and Kawi show over there
MCR
11/30/2014 11:32am
Jarid332 wrote:
Guillod will be fine. Top 5/Podium contender. Also dont forget Gasjer on the Honda!

KTM must be real happy when they have 2 KTM's in the top 5, because next to Herlings is rookie Jonass. I dont see him running upfront.
11/30/2014 11:35am
MCR wrote:
MX2 Yamaha is now. Standing Constructs. moving from KTM to Yamaha and getting factory support. Riders, Valentin Guillod and Julien Lieber Kamea yamaha also got yamaha...
MX2 Yamaha is now.

Standing Constructs. moving from KTM to Yamaha and getting factory support. Riders, Valentin Guillod and Julien Lieber
Kamea yamaha also got yamaha support. Riders. Damon Graulus, French kid Paturel and Brent van Donick.

All young kids on the yamaha next year in the GP''s. 3 of the 5 riders are frow Belgium. Van Donick will do the European Championships and some GP''s that are not together with the EMX250. Title contender this kid.

That yamaha of Anstie this year in Lommel was unreal. Never have seen a 250 that fast!! HOLY SHIT

guillod will be a force to be reckoned with on a factory backed yam!
CEMX182
11/30/2014 11:54am
ML512 wrote:
I am fairly certain that Standing Construct (Tim Mathy's outfit) will be the new premier Yamaha backed MX2 team. Julien Lieber has been ripping a Yamaha lately, and as of the last few rounds, he was on Standing Construct (KTM).

On a side note, that is pretty crazy to think that Steve switched to Green? He's been the Manager for Yamaha's UK team for over a decade. Kawi will definitely have a strong presence in MX2 this year with CLS and now the Bike It Cosworth team.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
11/30/2014 12:20pm
Jarid332 wrote:
MCR wrote:
Guillod will be fine. Top 5/Podium contender. Also dont forget Gasjer on the Honda! KTM must be real happy when they have 2 KTM's in the...
Guillod will be fine. Top 5/Podium contender. Also dont forget Gasjer on the Honda!

KTM must be real happy when they have 2 KTM's in the top 5, because next to Herlings is rookie Jonass. I dont see him running upfront.
I forgot about Paulin. He should put Honda on the box a few times this coming year as well.
11/30/2014 3:29pm
ML512 wrote:
CEMX182 wrote:
I am fairly certain that Standing Construct (Tim Mathy's outfit) will be the new premier Yamaha backed MX2 team. Julien Lieber has been ripping a Yamaha...
I am fairly certain that Standing Construct (Tim Mathy's outfit) will be the new premier Yamaha backed MX2 team. Julien Lieber has been ripping a Yamaha lately, and as of the last few rounds, he was on Standing Construct (KTM).

On a side note, that is pretty crazy to think that Steve switched to Green? He's been the Manager for Yamaha's UK team for over a decade. Kawi will definitely have a strong presence in MX2 this year with CLS and now the Bike It Cosworth team.
From what I here it's Yamaha that's pulled the support.....perhaps something to do with all then dnfs and problems this year with that fancy cosworth engine.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
11/30/2014 3:33pm
From what I here it's Yamaha that's pulled the support.....perhaps something to do with all then dnfs and problems this year with that fancy cosworth engine.
Cosworth have a long history of making big horsepower in alot of different motorsports, be interesting to see what they do with the KX250F motor if they are still doing the work for Dixon,
TeamGreen
11/30/2014 4:15pm
I'm sure there's a lot of behind the scenes talk; but, I can't help wondering why Yamaha pulled away...?

If they get plenty of help from KRT, they'll be fine.
philG
11/30/2014 4:15pm
Seeing the Pro Circuit stickers on the mudguards makes me wonder how involved Cosworth will actually be.. The great days of Cosworth are long gone, the original owners are long gone, and as far as racing goes at the minute , i dont think they have an engine running under their name in any series , and while they do plenty of R&D , and loads of customer derived stuff, they arent the force they were.

Hopefully with Pro Circuit motors , the y can keep Max at the sharp end for the whole race... no doubt they made those YZF's sing , but they didnt stay together long enough.
11/30/2014 4:23pm
Pro Circuit engines haven't been particularly reliable this year either, just ask Dean Wilson!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/30/2014 4:31pm
philG wrote:
Seeing the Pro Circuit stickers on the mudguards makes me wonder how involved Cosworth will actually be.. The great days of Cosworth are long gone, the...
Seeing the Pro Circuit stickers on the mudguards makes me wonder how involved Cosworth will actually be.. The great days of Cosworth are long gone, the original owners are long gone, and as far as racing goes at the minute , i dont think they have an engine running under their name in any series , and while they do plenty of R&D , and loads of customer derived stuff, they arent the force they were.

Hopefully with Pro Circuit motors , the y can keep Max at the sharp end for the whole race... no doubt they made those YZF's sing , but they didnt stay together long enough.
Pro Circuit was just an exhaust sponsor this past year, I highly doubt they'll be involved in engines in any capacity. When they were involved with CLS fo instance, CLS was purchasing the equipment. With Dixon's team having plenty of experience with engine development, I can't see why they'd start outsourcing beyond their normal partners.
TeamGreen
11/30/2014 4:49pm
In the Moto-Racing-World...

I'd be content with Cosworth or PC motors.

Both companies push the envelope and know how to build race engines.
wow123
11/30/2014 8:03pm
Steve Dixon is the team owner and manager not a rider. Why do you always structure your posts with large spaces and missing lines where they...

large spaces and missing

lines where they are not

needed?

I always ask myself

sorry for the off topic, ha, for which i was recently berated

but in reply

most people often skip or jump lines, mis-read or dont read whole sections when the lines are spaced together

particularly if they have eye sight deficiencies or are poor readers

i was an esl teacher where those things are even more exaggerated so when creating and designing curriculum

you want to minimize that, also makes it much quicker to proof read.

now its a bit of a habit and i can check my posts more easily for stupidities, as in this case

hvaughn88
11/30/2014 8:14pm
Steve Dixon is the team owner and manager not a rider. Why do you always structure your posts with large spaces and missing lines where they...

large spaces and missing

lines where they are not

needed?

I always ask myself

wow123 wrote:
sorry for the off topic, ha, for which i was recently berated but in reply most people often skip or jump lines, mis-read or dont read...
sorry for the off topic, ha, for which i was recently berated

but in reply

most people often skip or jump lines, mis-read or dont read whole sections when the lines are spaced together

particularly if they have eye sight deficiencies or are poor readers

i was an esl teacher where those things are even more exaggerated so when creating and designing curriculum

you want to minimize that, also makes it much quicker to proof read.

now its a bit of a habit and i can check my posts more easily for stupidities, as in this case

Ahh, now I si
Paul333
12/2/2014 5:52am
I'd say this is a smart move. They certainly could not figure out the 2014 Yamaha. They were super fast but had horrible reliability.

ehr400
12/2/2014 6:54am
Funny that there was no mechanicals for Jeremy or Cooper here int he states but the Dixon YZF's grenaded every moto damn near, and not to mention WTF they were running the old bike for the first few races. Something more behind the scenes I am sure happened.
12/2/2014 7:01am
ehr400 wrote:
Funny that there was no mechanicals for Jeremy or Cooper here int he states but the Dixon YZF's grenaded every moto damn near, and not to...
Funny that there was no mechanicals for Jeremy or Cooper here int he states but the Dixon YZF's grenaded every moto damn near, and not to mention WTF they were running the old bike for the first few races. Something more behind the scenes I am sure happened.
Max Anstie also grenaded the old bike in the first moto of the first round whilst he was leading. I'm not sure if that says more about the teams bikes or Ansties riding style.

Post a reply to: GPs: Dixon/Cosworth Yamaha is now on Kawasakis

The Latest