GPS Bike Loacator Devices

Taxman10
Edited Date/Time 4/22/2019 5:45am
Does anyone here use a GPS Bike Locator Device? Here in S. Louisiana we have had a significant number of bikes stolen. I sold my bike to a guy Monday and it was stolen from his house on Tuesday. If anyone uses one, post which one you use and with pictures if possible. Also, state how you connect them and how durable they are. Thanks guys.
|
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
4/20/2019 7:03am
I don't use a GPS locator...I have good insurance. Sorry to hear about the guy that bought your bike though...that sucks.
Last year I bought a brand new bike...I had insurance coverage on it before I even picked it up from the dealer. That way if it came out of my truck bed, or I got carjacked, whatever, it was covered
RACERX69
4/21/2019 6:16am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2019 6:17am
Sold my kids KTM 65 to a guy who drove 6hrs with his wife and kid from Lubbock Tx.
We did the transaction and he mentioned stopping for a bite to eat before making the 6 hour trekk back to Lubbock. He called me 45 min after we parted ways and told me the bike was stolen off his trailer while they were at the restaurant. He owned it for a total of 30 min!! Fuggin thieves!! I felt horrible for his kid. Dad really should’ve known better than to leave it out of his sight. A GPS tracker would’ve definitely come in handy.
brocster
4/21/2019 8:41am
GPS pet finder, key finder, alzheimer patient etc. are small enough to hide somewhere on the the bike. Don’t look for one specifically for bikes...

The Shop

Meister
4/21/2019 10:19am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2019 10:32am
I started looking due to this post. I do have insurance but this could be cool too. Most I found for pets only have a 7 day battery life.. I came across this tho thats a couple years or better.

https://gpsandtrack.com/gps-asset-tracking-device/
Taxman10
4/22/2019 4:48am
The sad part about this whole ordeal, is I had insurance on this bike until a week or so before I sold it. The insurance was not that expensive, about $140 every six months. Still feel bad for the guy, he had three bike stolen from a small town, Addis, LA. Everybody know each other in this town, so somebody knows something.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
4/22/2019 4:59am
Taxman10 wrote:
The sad part about this whole ordeal, is I had insurance on this bike until a week or so before I sold it. The insurance was...
The sad part about this whole ordeal, is I had insurance on this bike until a week or so before I sold it. The insurance was not that expensive, about $140 every six months. Still feel bad for the guy, he had three bike stolen from a small town, Addis, LA. Everybody know each other in this town, so somebody knows something.
Yup that’s terrible. My buddy had insurance and had his bike stolen. Got 5 grand + a bunch of money for aftermarket stuff as long as he showed receipts. Actually worked out for him got way more then it was worth
oldman59
4/22/2019 5:45am

I have this gps locator. A little bigger than a box of matches. Works really well. I'll put it in the tool tube of my DR650 and track my ride when I get home. It comes with a plastic box with very powerful magnets. The battery lasts about a week. I put it underneath my daughters XR100 when we're out of town. If it gets stolen, I just pull up the app and see where they are and call the cops to go get it. I'm very happy with it. Look on Amazon. The company is Optimus.

155hk
4/22/2019 6:09am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2019 6:10am
I had an idea recently which will be pretty much perfect for bike theft, install a gps chip in the frame from the factory before they weld it to the lower half of the frame around where you legs are.. another pro is if they try to remove it it'll be obvious that it was stolen. But I cant see this happening because its too logical.

Post a reply to: GPS Bike Loacator Devices

The Latest