GP of Argentina: Practice and Qualifying bench racing

machine
3/28/2015 7:57am
machine wrote:
Man...honestly from that video, there's not much to separate the men from the boys...That's what I don't like about GP tracks..too much like freeways. Very scenic...
Man...honestly from that video, there's not much to separate the men from the boys...That's what I don't like about GP tracks..too much like freeways. Very scenic no doubt, but....
Sideways wrote:
I hope you are joking.. GP tracks like freeways? i guess you havent watched many GPs then.
I've seen enough to have that figured out. Rough doe not equal exciting to me, but that's just what i like. I understand Euros like different (safer) tracks. Hell, even the GP riders were complaining about too many jumps at Thailand...
ATKpilot99
3/28/2015 7:59am
Where is ryan37 and the source?
DonM wrote:
Ryan is to busy trying to configure sand track lap times from Facebook videos and the source is waiting for his anti-depresents to kick in...
Ryan is to busy trying to configure sand track lap times from Facebook videos and the source is waiting for his anti-depresents to kick in...
Laughing
kongols
3/28/2015 7:59am
machine wrote:
Man...honestly from that video, there's not much to separate the men from the boys...That's what I don't like about GP tracks..too much like freeways. Very scenic...
Man...honestly from that video, there's not much to separate the men from the boys...That's what I don't like about GP tracks..too much like freeways. Very scenic no doubt, but....
Sideways wrote:
I hope you are joking.. GP tracks like freeways? i guess you havent watched many GPs then.
machine wrote:
I've seen enough to have that figured out. Rough doe not equal exciting to me, but that's just what i like. I understand Euros like different...
I've seen enough to have that figured out. Rough doe not equal exciting to me, but that's just what i like. I understand Euros like different (safer) tracks. Hell, even the GP riders were complaining about too many jumps at Thailand...
It will get better once we`re back in Europe.
machine
3/28/2015 8:00am
Sideways wrote:
machine wrote:
I've seen enough to have that figured out. Rough doe not equal exciting to me, but that's just what i like. I understand Euros like different...
kongols wrote:
ok great..

The Shop

3/28/2015 8:01am
DonM wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Laughing
SmileSmile
jamma10
3/28/2015 8:02am
machine wrote:
Sideways wrote:
machine wrote:
The jumps weren't the problem. The issue was riding a track of that nature in such high temperatures and humidity.
ivanasw1
3/28/2015 8:03am
So they made another track for Villopoto to win?
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
3/28/2015 8:03am
Track looks great from what I can tell from gopro. Not like last two pieces of crap we've had. I'm hoping for a clean sweep of both motos from RV to close this thing up. Looking forward to seeing a decent track at last.
machine
3/28/2015 8:05am
Sideways wrote:
machine wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
The jumps weren't the problem. The issue was riding a track of that nature in such high temperatures and humidity.
I understand that, however, I saw a video where Stribos outwardly complained about the jumps and so did Lupino. This track looks beautiful, but I just don't see anything in that video to separate the field. Maybe i'm missing something, I don't know..Wink
3/28/2015 8:07am
Sideways wrote:
machine wrote:
kongols wrote:
Indeed. In my view it doesn't even start till we get to Europe. These fly-away tracks have no genuine pedigree.
FB
3/28/2015 8:11am
Wait until the track gets rougher and rutted before saying there is nothing to separate the field.
jamma10
3/28/2015 8:11am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2015 8:13am
machine wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
machine wrote:
I understand that, however, I saw a video where Stribos outwardly complained about the jumps and so did Lupino. This track looks beautiful, but I just...
I understand that, however, I saw a video where Stribos outwardly complained about the jumps and so did Lupino. This track looks beautiful, but I just don't see anything in that video to separate the field. Maybe i'm missing something, I don't know..Wink
Strijbos said it was more like a Supercross track than a Motocross track and Lupino said they built a track to suit RV, that was basically the crux of it.

What sort of things do you want to see to help separate the field? At the moment the surface of this Argentinian track seems as flat as a pancake, it seems to have a suprisingly hard base. Hopefully it will start to rut up, but without any support classes Im not sure how rough it will get!? Time will tell I guess.
roughneck
3/28/2015 8:14am
With a name like Kei Yamamoto..on a Honda....Just the name sounds fast..and you would think he would be on a Yamaha..more fitting Smile
machine
3/28/2015 8:14am
jamma10 wrote:
Strijbos said it was more like a Supercross track than a Motocross track and Lupino said they built a track to suit RV, that was basically...
Strijbos said it was more like a Supercross track than a Motocross track and Lupino said they built a track to suit RV, that was basically the crux of it.

What sort of things do you want to see to help separate the field? At the moment the surface of this Argentinian track seems as flat as a pancake, it seems to have a suprisingly hard base. Hopefully it will start to rut up, but without any support classes Im not sure how rough it will get!? Time will tell I guess.
Mainly jump sections that only certain guys can put together and sharper 180 corners, that's exciting to me...other than that, I like the track. Those two things can separate.
Ninurta
3/28/2015 8:17am
Ninurta wrote:
So will RV change things up and say "It's ok to win by 10seconds in quali and save energy fo the races..."Whistling
You have a good point...Saturday racing is for gate pick only. If the weather is favorable I don't think any of the riders will hold back...
You have a good point...Saturday racing is for gate pick only. If the weather is favorable I don't think any of the riders will hold back on getting the best gate pick possible. Unless RV believes he needs to save energy for Sunday I don't see him slowing up whether he's in the lead or not. I know the Euro's are faster than what they show in free practice. It's just a strategy I don't understand unless there is a clear reason like the heat index in round 2.
He certainly has the speed. He had the last 2 GP's to learn the system so this is the perfect moment to dominate the 2 races and go 1-1. Less riders on the track also (No EMX or WMX)... there's only one thing that can stop him this weekend and that's the gate Wink

Just kidding guys Grinning It's been 3 weeks, let's get this show going!!
jamma10
3/28/2015 8:18am
jamma10 wrote:
Strijbos said it was more like a Supercross track than a Motocross track and Lupino said they built a track to suit RV, that was basically...

machine wrote:
Mainly jump sections that only certain guys can put together and sharper 180 corners, that's exciting to me...other than that, I like the track. Those two...
Mainly jump sections that only certain guys can put together and sharper 180 corners, that's exciting to me...other than that, I like the track. Those two things can separate.
You mean a bit more like this? Smile
machine
Sideways wrote:
when is next practice?
Saturday:
MX2 Free Practice 10:45
MXGP Free Practice 11:15
MX2 Time Practice 13:00
MXGP Time Practice 13:35
MX2 Qualifying Race 15:10
MXGP Qualifying Race 16:00

Sunday:
MX2 Warm up 10:20
MXGP Warm up 10:40
MX2 Race 1 12:15
MXGP Race 1 13:15
MX2 Race 2 15:10
MXGP Race 2 16:10

I'm assuming those are US East coast times
jamma10
Sideways wrote:
when is next practice?
Think MX2 times practice starts in about 40 mins
machine
3/28/2015 8:19am
jamma10 wrote:

machine wrote:
Mainly jump sections that only certain guys can put together and sharper 180 corners, that's exciting to me...other than that, I like the track. Those two...
jamma10 wrote:
You mean a bit more like this? :) [img]https://www.motoxaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2014-St-Louis-Supercross-Track-Map.jpg[/img]
You mean a bit more like this? Smile
Why did I know you would go there...Grinning
karsmakers
3/28/2015 8:19am
FB wrote:
Wait until the track gets rougher and rutted before saying there is nothing to separate the field.
No shit...It's just practice and this track will get a lot rougher by race time tomorrow. Remember, they don't groom the track like they do here (in between moto's etc). No one is talking about the rain coming which would be RV's cryptonite. If it doesnt rain I like his chances.
markit
3/28/2015 8:22am
Just paid up is the Qualifying going to be on the mxgp sight today?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
3/28/2015 8:23am
Dudes.... that soil looks like Red Bud....... 'nuff said
karsmakers
3/28/2015 8:23am
DonM wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Laughing
The source is praying for rain as we speak. We all know he would have already been on here if RV sucked in practice. I suspect he will blame the track if it doesn't rain and RV wins.
500guy
3/28/2015 8:24am
That one section looks like Buds Creek . glad to see some spectators there too, it inspires the riders.
rutsmash
3/28/2015 8:26am
How does seperating the field equate to good racing? I've never understood that. If you take that to an extreme and make the track so technical so only one guy can do everything, how does that equal good racing if he wins all the time? It seems to me the track should be technical enough with jumps etc to be fun for riders and fans, but where most riders can do the obstacles. The race win should come down to strategy, line selection and split-second decision making in the race where there are more guys near the lead at any given time.
markit
3/28/2015 8:26am
DonM wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Laughing
karsmakers wrote:
The source is praying for rain as we speak. We all know he would have already been on here if RV sucked in practice. I suspect...
The source is praying for rain as we speak. We all know he would have already been on here if RV sucked in practice. I suspect he will blame the track if it doesn't rain and RV wins.
Pretty much a done deal that the track was hand made for RV, you know he has the pull over there.Smile

Post a reply to: GP of Argentina: Practice and Qualifying bench racing

The Latest