Edited Date/Time 1/19/2021 5:35pm
Star yamaha brought Goat farm?
Any truth?
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
11/18/2020 9:15pm
Yes, Goat Farm will be the new Yamaha training facility.
AxlBundy
11/19/2020 3:37am
Bought the property, or rights to train there?
tek14
11/19/2020 9:08am
They are just riding at California now. When they will move to new place or just for eastcoast home?

The Shop

jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
11/19/2020 12:18pm
Bought. The land that all the factory practice tracks were located on was sold. Expect many teams to relocate in the coming years. CA has to be one of the worst states to own/operate a race team from.
ElliotB16
12/4/2020 7:23am
clmartin22 wrote:
Not the goat farm but very close by we saw this place just north of I-10 on our way back from the Mini O's...does anyone know...
Not the goat farm but very close by we saw this place just north of I-10 on our way back from the Mini O's...does anyone know who's place this is?

https://goo.gl/maps/DTxjSyyAagYTwkux7

Luke Renzlands. Called dream land
xrmark
12/4/2020 5:35pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Bought. The land that all the factory practice tracks were located on was sold. Expect many teams to relocate in the coming years. CA has to...
Bought. The land that all the factory practice tracks were located on was sold. Expect many teams to relocate in the coming years. CA has to be one of the worst states to own/operate a race team from.
Such a bummer. Growing up in Elsinore it was always so cool knowing just a few exits down, the fastest dudes in the world were testing
hubbardmx50
12/4/2020 5:41pm
Wow, no more test tracks in Temescal Canyon? Every single one of them or just Yamaha?
numbers
12/4/2020 5:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2020 5:52pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Bought. The land that all the factory practice tracks were located on was sold. Expect many teams to relocate in the coming years. CA has to...
Yep. The money their gonna save will allow more to be towards racing and possible more riders on the teams. California is slowly losing the MX hub.
Johnny Depp
12/4/2020 5:46pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Huge News. Deserves it's own thread...
USA
Fantasy
507th
12/4/2020 5:53pm
jhansen510 wrote:
I cant believe this went under the radar. Huge news if true! Somebody call Matthes or Gypsy Tales to get the scoop Silly
numbers
12/4/2020 6:25pm
jhansen510 wrote:
USA wrote:
I cant believe this went under the radar. Huge news if true! Somebody call Matthes or Gypsy Tales to get the scoop Silly
Wait another decade and Glen Helen will be Condos. Once the main Moto Groups leave to Florida and other South Eastern states the Tracks will sale for profit.
Silas444
12/4/2020 7:10pm
California seems like Mars to just about anybody who lives anywhere else. The southeastern States becoming the new hub? Sounds good to me, for a whole host of reasons.
outerlimits
12/4/2020 7:43pm
jhansen510 wrote:
numbers wrote:
Yep. The money their gonna save will allow more to be towards racing and possible more riders on the teams. California is slowly losing the MX...
Yep. The money their gonna save will allow more to be towards racing and possible more riders on the teams. California is slowly losing the MX hub.
California is slowly losing everything. Apparently the legislators here are doing their absolute best, and succeeding, at chasing any and all businesses away. I wonder what happens here when there is no more taxable revenue coming in.
Brent
12/4/2020 7:47pm
jhansen510 wrote:
USA wrote:
Jeff Wards’s father in law owned all the land the factory practice tracks are on near Temescal canyon.
AngryBear
12/4/2020 8:40pm
clmartin22 wrote:
Not the goat farm but very close by we saw this place just north of I-10 on our way back from the Mini O's...does anyone know...
Not the goat farm but very close by we saw this place just north of I-10 on our way back from the Mini O's...does anyone know who's place this is?

https://goo.gl/maps/DTxjSyyAagYTwkux7

ElliotB16 wrote:
Luke Renzlands. Called dream land
sorry to derail thread, but one cannot mention dreamland without posting this vid.

Dimblewambie
12/4/2020 8:56pm
jhansen510 wrote:
USA wrote:
Brent wrote:
Jeff Wards’s father in law owned all the land the factory practice tracks are on near Temescal canyon.
I did some quick research on the OnX app, all the land is owned by the corona clay company, they own several different plots, and their main address is the building/land that the Kawi track is on, west side of the 15. Not surprised to hear a business is no longer doing business here in CA, and likely selling off the land to developers to quickly become residential and commercial. Gotta love CA...
brocster
12/4/2020 9:24pm
WOW. Just took a site seeing trip up Temescal a couple of weeks ago to check out the test tracks. Crazy that, that land would be attractive to anyone. It shares the road and entrance to the local landfill. Also, being from the South I find it odd that the factories are moving where tracks get washed away on a weekly basis from all of the rain. Surely the cost to constantly rebuild adds up to nearly California lease rates by the dump....or maybe not.
AngryBear
12/4/2020 9:34pm
as well as a good track area map via ml512 a while back...

mxnick
12/4/2020 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2020 11:47pm
jhansen510 wrote:
USA wrote:
Brent wrote:
You are correct, Jeff Ward is married to Jerry Deleo's daughter, and for whom was the owner of the land that all the above factory tracks sit on. Or, as EJ would say "high in the sun baked Corona hills...".

Both BJ Smith (wewentfast.com) and Eric Johnson (Racer X) wrote long form articles on Jerry and his property.

Here is a link to the full story from BJ:

https://www.wewentfast.com/2019/11/20/the-old-man-and-the-clay/

Jerry passed away in late June of 2020, but I would be surprised if the family sold off that part of his land. It is possible it could be a "estate sale" with assets being moved around within the family, as I understand that Jerry owned a TON of land and real estate in that area.

If that proves to be true and the new owners are not keeping the test tracks, then there will be many teams looking for new space. I dont see that happening right now, but I could be wrong....
slumpstone
12/5/2020 6:10am
I read the whole article and it doesn’t say anything about Jeff ward
resetjet
12/5/2020 6:30am
Lets see. Florida has no income tax, its somewhat friendly to build, land is cheap inland, weather is warm, soil is great. Most top riders already live here...cali can keep the moviestars the tech mogals and the homeless.
DonM
12/5/2020 6:55am
resetjet wrote:
Lets see. Florida has no income tax, its somewhat friendly to build, land is cheap inland, weather is warm, soil is great. Most top riders already...
Lets see. Florida has no income tax, its somewhat friendly to build, land is cheap inland, weather is warm, soil is great. Most top riders already live here...cali can keep the moviestars the tech mogals and the homeless.
The Goat Farm is in South Georgia...as are most of the tracks in the area
Detroit Dick
12/5/2020 7:50am
resetjet wrote:
Lets see. Florida has no income tax, its somewhat friendly to build, land is cheap inland, weather is warm, soil is great. Most top riders already...
Your ignorance is showing.
LungButter
12/5/2020 7:52am
DonM wrote:
The same Georgia that Yamaha US moved all their corporate operations to?
numbers
12/5/2020 7:56am
DonM wrote:
LungButter wrote:
You did it now 🤣
DonM
12/5/2020 7:59am
DonM wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Well Cairo GA might as well be in a different country compared to Atlanta....nothing around Cairo except old plantation property, farms and MX training facilities...
LungButter
12/5/2020 8:01am
DonM wrote:
Well Cairo GA might as well be in a different country compared to Atlanta....nothing around Cairo except old plantation property, farms and MX training facilities...
I've been to Atlanta....Cairo sounds pretty nice to me Laughing

Post a reply to: GOAT Farm Sold?

The Latest