GNCC to add eMTNB Racing to program

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2018 1:05 PM

Photo
America's Premier Off-Road Racing Series Adds Fantic eMTNB Racing to the Action
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (April 30, 2018) - The AMSOIL Grand National Cross Country Series (GNCC), an AMA National Championship, is pleased to announce the addition of Fantic eMTNB bicycle races to the already action-packed weekend schedule at the following four rounds:

May 25: The John Penton, Millfield, OH
June 22: Snowshoe, Snowshoe, WV
Sept. 28: Mason-Dixon, Mt. Morris, PA
Oct. 26: Ironman, Crawfordsville, IN
Photo

Fantic eMTNB races will take place Friday afternoon at four GNCC rounds in 2018.
Fantic eMTNB races will take place Friday afternoon at four GNCC rounds in 2018.
- Courtesy Fantic
The Fantic eMTNB races will be held Friday afternoon and will feature 6 classes, with no pre-qualifying: Pro, Schoolboy (12-18), Junior (19-29), Vet (30-39), Senior (40-49), Masters (50+) and Women. Races will be one hour events, with laps approximately three miles in length. The race course will be challenging, featuring many traditional GNCC-style obstacles, i.e., hills, rocks, woods sections, etc.

Class 1 Pedal Assist Bicycles with a motor powered speed of 20 mph and motor wattage of
|

5/1/2018 1:09 PM

Photo
|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/1/2018 1:13 PM

6 classes is very ambitious out of the gate. They don't discriminate against money in GNCC, if you pay you can play.
ATV's, SXS's, and a hundred classes. Go DC! Other Promoter's don't even copy him, to their own detriment. They will probably add Exteme Fitness races and Horse's on Wed. and Thurs. Bring it.

|

5/1/2018 2:02 PM

Pretty cool and I bet they'll get a ton of entries.

Will be interesting to see how they police the powertrains. Claiming rule?

|

5/1/2018 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2018 2:24 PM

That a good idea especially on the fridays. Won’t tear up the track nearly as bad

|

5/1/2018 2:25 PM

That is a great idea! I wish I lived closer to the races...

|

5/1/2018 7:03 PM

Will these bikes be legal for Loretta Lynns?

|

5/1/2018 9:16 PM

Spizzy wrote:

Will these bikes be legal for Loretta Lynns?

No, they are electric....and they don't stand a chance against tricked out razors for pit transportation because you can only fit one, maybe two preteens with no adult supervision.

|

5/2/2018 5:34 AM

A few weeks ago there was a partnership announced with the E-bike company and GNCC to display them and use them around the track and pits to get the crew around. It progressed rapidly, I guess the guys saw how cool it was. Maybe Alta should get them some bikes to use for the crew at the AMA nationals?

|

5/5/2018 3:59 PM

I bought a Kona Process 134.

No e-motor, no worries!

The able-bodied should pedal and also walk when playing golf. Rant over, for now...

|

"Thank God my father wasn't rich."
-Hurricane

"You wouldn't take clay to Southwick, so why take sand to Red Bud?"
-DV

"I ride a two-stroke because I am Weigandt-level cheap"
-Me

5/5/2018 4:18 PM

Love it.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

5/5/2018 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2018 4:36 PM

Bry145 wrote:

I bought a Kona Process 134.

No e-motor, no worries!

The able-bodied should pedal and also walk when playing golf. Rant ...more

Hey ! I walk when I golf ! Pisses me off the drink cart can't pull up onto the green !

Dammit !!! angry

|