GLs account deleted?

12/3/2020 5:39pm
MX114 wrote:
Matthes has gone on record saying that Reed bonused out the entire Yamaha team one year, except him. Was it wrong...no but it might of been...
Matthes has gone on record saying that Reed bonused out the entire Yamaha team one year, except him. Was it wrong...no but it might of been a low ball move I’d say. And I believe you know your stuff Uptite I value your input on anything moto, so if you say there’s top guys today who don’t bonus out then I’m sure it’s true and that’s just the way it is. I mean rumor had it that Tomac never even gave savatgy anything for that Vegas debacle at the monster cup. I’ve met Kyle Bentley a couple times back in the day when he was at PC thru a mutual friend who was a top level pro at the time. Really hard worker and nice guy was how I knew Kyle as from all accounts. That’s why I chimed in cause it must of been a bummer for Kyle to not get treated like he thought he maybe should have after how much he put into it. If care to listen episode 392 pulp mx Kyle gets into the Pourcel bonus subject less than 10 minuites into the podcast and it goes on throughout the show. It’s an interesting off season topic to discuss on vital I guess
Why on Earth would Tomac give Savatgy anything for the Monster Cup? Savatgy made the decision to pull over that's on him
CM_84 wrote:
lol, he pulled over in order to help Eli win a million bucks. whether you agree or disagree, surely you understand Savatgy's frustration? Personally, if somebody...
lol, he pulled over in order to help Eli win a million bucks.
whether you agree or disagree, surely you understand Savatgy's frustration?

Personally, if somebody made a sacrifice in order for me to win a million clams, i would give them something to show my gratitude....but that's just me
True that. I work in outside sales and get leads sent to me all the time from inside sales reps, always take care of them on the back end.
12/3/2020 5:47pm
CM_84 wrote:
lol, he pulled over in order to help Eli win a million bucks. whether you agree or disagree, surely you understand Savatgy's frustration? Personally, if somebody...

Personally, if somebody made a sacrifice in order for me to win a million clams, i would give them something to show my gratitude....but that's just me
This has been discussed at length before, but there are other reasons too, could be seen like match fixing, Eli may not even like Joey, Eli probably thought he was gonna win anyway etc etc
Ted722
12/3/2020 5:55pm
JB 19 wrote:
When I watch Whiskey Throttle podcasts I honestly don't get irritated by GL. I think most of the time he's trying add to the discussion by...
When I watch Whiskey Throttle podcasts I honestly don't get irritated by GL. I think most of the time he's trying add to the discussion by showing that he can relate to the guest when he throws in a quick 2 cents. I really don't think it's him trying to take over the show.
Grant’s a World champion and a National champion. An absolute treasure. The only folks having trouble with his commentary are Pulpies.
CM_84
12/3/2020 7:01pm
CM_84 wrote:

This has been discussed at length before, but there are other reasons too, could be seen like match fixing, Eli may not even like Joey, Eli...
This has been discussed at length before, but there are other reasons too, could be seen like match fixing, Eli may not even like Joey, Eli probably thought he was gonna win anyway etc etc
Yeah i get it, I was mostly just replying to Chris as to "why on earth Tomac would give savatgy something for monster cup" as if Joey pulled over to have a rest.

The Shop

Yeti831
12/4/2020 10:56am
JB 19 wrote:
When I watch Whiskey Throttle podcasts I honestly don't get irritated by GL. I think most of the time he's trying add to the discussion by...
When I watch Whiskey Throttle podcasts I honestly don't get irritated by GL. I think most of the time he's trying add to the discussion by showing that he can relate to the guest when he throws in a quick 2 cents. I really don't think it's him trying to take over the show.
At least you get it.

These guys don’t do interviews. They have organic group conversations centered around a guest. Everyone relating to those experiences is what makes this show great.

If people want interviews, they should stick to SML or Gypsy Tales.

I love WTS and it will never get old or tiresome for me. It’s literally the ONLY podcast I can listen to for hours uninterrupted and stay hooked.
chief_jubs
12/4/2020 11:48am
Cale_Barr wrote:
I took a screen shot because I had a feeling his tweet would get deleted. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/01/462800/s1200_B30FCA84_CA91_4CDF_B506_77024332EEF4.jpg[/img]

I took a screen shot because I had a feeling his tweet would get deleted.

LungButter wrote:
Wow, what a great representative for NBC Sports, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross and Langston Motorsports.

They must be so proud to be associated with him.
Yes, let’s fire him for having an opinion. Everyone must be perfect in order to have a job.
mx317
12/4/2020 11:54am
Yeah, the whole salesman vs mechanic was just an analogy. However I would like to point out that in modern dealerships, if you're a franchise, service...
Yeah, the whole salesman vs mechanic was just an analogy. However I would like to point out that in modern dealerships, if you're a franchise, service pays the bills, if you're an independent, sales pays the bills.
I have found just the opposite having owned both.
Brent
12/4/2020 1:20pm
This thread...

germansxguy
Fantasy
653rd
12/4/2020 1:52pm
Not a fan of GL and his political bullshit, but he is right with Tepia. Have you ever saw a Euro rider crash and needs a public funding? Never because Europe is so many steps ahead of the US when it comes to health insurance and all around that.
I remember that 1 year Tapia was riding in German SX Cup.
Man he had a big mouth and no speed at all, only excuses...
ns503
12/4/2020 2:07pm
Not a fan of GL and his political bullshit, but he is right with Tepia. Have you ever saw a Euro rider crash and needs a...
Not a fan of GL and his political bullshit, but he is right with Tepia. Have you ever saw a Euro rider crash and needs a public funding? Never because Europe is so many steps ahead of the US when it comes to health insurance and all around that.
We don't know that he's right. It was reported more than once in this thread, that he had insurance.
12/4/2020 2:15pm
Not a fan of GL and his political bullshit, but he is right with Tepia. Have you ever saw a Euro rider crash and needs a...
Our health care system might be lacking in many ways, but we care about our fellow moto brothers, whether they are a Euro rider, American rider, or any other rider. Road 2 Recovery set up a fund raiser for Brian Moreau that raised over 100,000 dollars. They have one for Tapia as well. No one wants to see a rider with life altering injuries, and your comments are shameful.
G-man
12/4/2020 2:25pm
Listened to both podcasts on Pulp with GL.

He's great! 👍
plowboy
12/4/2020 3:17pm
I'll totally defer to someone with "actual/factual" knowledge. This is what I based my statement on...the wife and I were buying her a new car. The second time the salesman had to "go talk to the manager"...I had to go to the restroom and saw him drinking coffee and bullshitting with the boys. I could see the manager and the salesman never approached him. He comes back to the cubicle and tells me the manager says so and so. Long story short...we didn't buy from them.
APLMAN99
12/4/2020 3:40pm
plowboy wrote:
I'll totally defer to someone with "actual/factual" knowledge. This is what I based my statement on...the wife and I were buying her a new car. The...
I'll totally defer to someone with "actual/factual" knowledge. This is what I based my statement on...the wife and I were buying her a new car. The second time the salesman had to "go talk to the manager"...I had to go to the restroom and saw him drinking coffee and bullshitting with the boys. I could see the manager and the salesman never approached him. He comes back to the cubicle and tells me the manager says so and so. Long story short...we didn't buy from them.
Sounds like a terrible sales person.

There's a pretty good display of why you don't let sales people know the "bottom dollar" on your inventory in the series "Men of a Certain Age", with Andre Braugher (Brooklyn 99 Chief), Ray Romano, and Scott Bakula.

Braugher's character is a guy whose father owns a dealership, but he's not in line to "run it" because he doesn't have the fire in him, so to speak. But he starts desking his own deals, and suddenly he's the top sales person in the entire store! But then payday comes, and it's about minimum wage because he knew what they owned the iron for and he caved down to that on almost everything.

numbers
12/4/2020 4:57pm
MX114 wrote:
Matthes has gone on record saying that Reed bonused out the entire Yamaha team one year, except him. Was it wrong...no but it might of been...
Matthes has gone on record saying that Reed bonused out the entire Yamaha team one year, except him. Was it wrong...no but it might of been a low ball move I’d say. And I believe you know your stuff Uptite I value your input on anything moto, so if you say there’s top guys today who don’t bonus out then I’m sure it’s true and that’s just the way it is. I mean rumor had it that Tomac never even gave savatgy anything for that Vegas debacle at the monster cup. I’ve met Kyle Bentley a couple times back in the day when he was at PC thru a mutual friend who was a top level pro at the time. Really hard worker and nice guy was how I knew Kyle as from all accounts. That’s why I chimed in cause it must of been a bummer for Kyle to not get treated like he thought he maybe should have after how much he put into it. If care to listen episode 392 pulp mx Kyle gets into the Pourcel bonus subject less than 10 minuites into the podcast and it goes on throughout the show. It’s an interesting off season topic to discuss on vital I guess
Why on Earth would Tomac give Savatgy anything for the Monster Cup? Savatgy made the decision to pull over that's on him
CM_84 wrote:

He was gonna pass him regardless. If you can't see that your wearing blinders.
JB 19
12/4/2020 5:42pm
JB 19 wrote:
Yeti831 wrote:
At least you get it. These guys don’t do interviews. They have organic group conversations centered around a guest. Everyone relating to those experiences is what...
At least you get it.

These guys don’t do interviews. They have organic group conversations centered around a guest. Everyone relating to those experiences is what makes this show great.

If people want interviews, they should stick to SML or Gypsy Tales.

I love WTS and it will never get old or tiresome for me. It’s literally the ONLY podcast I can listen to for hours uninterrupted and stay hooked.
Same here. I love listening to people who have done great things speak. When 2 people who have done great things speak to each other thats a synergy that common people rarely get to experience. I'm listening and thinking that if I can just pick up a few crumbs off the floor of this conversation i get a little insight into how the world of great people operate.

Post a reply to: GLs account deleted?

The Latest