GL on Gypsy

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/17/2021 11:07am
Opening round finishes to demonstrate the 2002-2004 field (Stewart missed opening rounds 2003)

RAD60
9/17/2021 12:06pm
Yep when I was listening to the podcast and he made the statement about Jett & Stewart my first thought was is he just saying crazy shit to get people to talk about his podcast ? Next day on Vital I have my answer.

The Shop

ocscottie
9/17/2021 12:20pm
Here's another clip he just put up about making $$$.

Crossup
9/17/2021 12:48pm
felpro wrote:
I remember Jett being some 13 (Edit: 11) seconds in the lead at some Supercross (Edit: 2020 Anaheim 2) He actually had the fastest times of...
I remember Jett being some 13 (Edit: 11) seconds in the lead at some Supercross (Edit: 2020 Anaheim 2) He actually had the fastest times of the night even compared to the 450s. I think everyone was yelling slow down slow down slow down. At that time he was James Stewart revisited.
I was at A2, and in a very short amount of time, Ferandis reeled him in. Not a great example. Jett is talented and I am sure will go far, but his current results are not enough to predict beating the greats in the support. Lets see how he does in the next five years.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/17/2021 1:56pm
RAD60 wrote:
Yep when I was listening to the podcast and he made the statement about Jett & Stewart my first thought was is he just saying crazy...
Yep when I was listening to the podcast and he made the statement about Jett & Stewart my first thought was is he just saying crazy shit to get people to talk about his podcast ? Next day on Vital I have my answer.
Ah, the Geoff Meyer school of clicks
felpro
9/17/2021 2:49pm
felpro wrote:
I remember Jett being some 13 (Edit: 11) seconds in the lead at some Supercross (Edit: 2020 Anaheim 2) He actually had the fastest times of...
I remember Jett being some 13 (Edit: 11) seconds in the lead at some Supercross (Edit: 2020 Anaheim 2) He actually had the fastest times of the night even compared to the 450s. I think everyone was yelling slow down slow down slow down. At that time he was James Stewart revisited.
Crossup wrote:
I was at A2, and in a very short amount of time, Ferandis reeled him in. Not a great example. Jett is talented and I am...
I was at A2, and in a very short amount of time, Ferandis reeled him in. Not a great example. Jett is talented and I am sure will go far, but his current results are not enough to predict beating the greats in the support. Lets see how he does in the next five years.
Not a great example and maybe the wrong race.Maybe not. I did post before doing the due diligence, a Vital error ??

I rewatched A2. Ferrandis hit Craig. Jett was up 11 seconds and came off in the whoops. Dylan caught up and that's when Jett did his nose wheelie after Dylan passed him. Intense exciting battle for a straight or two.

In the current US racing hiatus, I'll rewatch the races and try to get my facts right.

Seems like ages ago with Craig and Ferrandis in the 250's.
fanger
9/17/2021 4:00pm
fanger wrote:
Don't think anybody actually tried to listen to his point on the jett/Stewart segment. So I'll ask, with everybody today having their programs sorted. Would Stewart...
Don't think anybody actually tried to listen to his point on the jett/Stewart segment.

So I'll ask, with everybody today having their programs sorted. Would Stewart win by the same margin he did back then? Probably not.

He even said we'll probably never get another phenom like Stewart due to the level being so high and everybody being on solid programs.

I'll dumb it down again.... jett and James probably have the same amount of talent. It's just their competitors are on different levels so jett doesn't seem as good.

How is it that hard to understand? It's a pretty good point he makes.
brimx153 wrote:
Reed, Brown , Langston, Hughes, fonseca, preston, ward, sellards, antunez, jesseman, Hepler, Millisaps , Tedesco, Walker are "WORST" competition ! Than Cooper , HLaw, RJ ,Shimoda...
Reed, Brown , Langston, Hughes, fonseca, preston, ward, sellards, antunez, jesseman, Hepler, Millisaps , Tedesco, Walker are "WORST" competition !

Than Cooper , HLaw, RJ ,Shimoda, Forkner, Mosiman , Vohland, Schwartz etc etc .

This is so stupid, Cooper and Martin where his only tough competition. And imo had Martin not been riding injured he would of won nearly every race

My point exactly, the guys from Stewart's generation didn't have the facilities and training structures behind them that this current generation do. The sport progresses apparently.

When everybody is on the "best" program and as fit as they can be it closes the gap.
S.A. Weave
9/17/2021 8:39pm
How old was Martin when he won the title in 2014? The guy that's about a generation older beat Jett in alot of the motos they were both in, the old guy did crash out trying to catch the youngster though.
9/17/2021 9:33pm
G-man wrote:
I thought this thread was about my buddy Grant--he's the best and will be missed. :unsure: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/17/510474/s1200_20161228_122218.jpg[/img] https://youtu.be/_VBU73y9O18
I thought this thread was about my buddy Grant--he's the best and will be missed. Unsure

https://youtu.be/_VBU73y9O18

Yeah Grant,s a Great guy and very well spoken. His story and rise to the top to become the 125 world champ is a good one. I watched the 99 and 2000 125 series races countless times. I ordered a 03 kx125 pipe for my cr125,s Doma and hgs from Langston motorsports in 2011 got a great deal. His Dad sounded pretty cool. modded the hgs pipe to fit all the bikes and pipes where stolen. I never had a chance to mod the Doma to fit. It looked in between a pc and hgs would have been sick. Grant ran Doma pipes in Europe and America On his Ktm 125.

Post a reply to: GL on Gypsy

The Latest