GL is Good

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2020 6:11 PM

I really enjoy listening to Grant Langston commentating the Nationals he is super insightful and today he was empathising with the racers in the mud he knows exactly what it is like to be in that situation both him and Weege compliment each other even Zak Osbourne is a fan like he said GL has almost won in every division in both AMA and MXGP. Just wanted to give credit where it is due GL keep it up mate.

|

8/22/2020 6:26 PM

Agreed , Informative and easy to listen too !

|

8/22/2020 6:26 PM

Other than Art Eckman and David Bailey, Weege and Langston are by far my favorite commentator duo! Those guys mesh well and seem to have a great flow, like you said GL can relate to pretty much anything these guys experience on the track!

|

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

8/22/2020 6:27 PM

Plus his aunt has balls! How great is that? Haha

|

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

8/22/2020 6:28 PM

X3- I was enjoying his insight today. He's got pretty deep knowledge and a quick mind so his comments are usually on point.

|

8/22/2020 6:29 PM

I thought it was funny toward the end of the first moto when Barcia went down, GL said something along the lines of "watch, he's out in front by over thirty seconds and he'll still check behind him out of habit," then Barcia looks back over the next jump, lol. I really wish we could get these two in the booth for Supercross, him and Weege both do a great job.

|

8/22/2020 8:50 PM

Him and Weege are so much more natural on the mic. It’s a nice break from Ralph

|

8/22/2020 8:52 PM

ElliotB16 wrote:

Well at least Ralph lets you know yamahas are blue

|

8/22/2020 9:18 PM

ElliotB16 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Well at least Ralph lets you know yamahas are blue

But the Factory Yamahas are black... blink

|

8/22/2020 9:21 PM

GL is greateness!

|

8/22/2020 9:28 PM

Langston did his best work today on the qualifier broadcast, rapid fire analysis was pretty good.

|

8/23/2020 2:10 AM

GL is great to listen too, Weege and GL are a great combo

|

8/24/2020 8:02 AM

I have always like GL seems like he sharpened up his game a bit over the off season

|

8/24/2020 8:10 AM

I loved that he said the fuel pumps on KTM and Huskies are a weak spot, and cited his firsthand dealer experience to back it up. I'm sure someone got all up-in-arms about it, but right on, GL!!

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

8/24/2020 8:13 AM

I disagree heavily with GL when it comes to politics (sorry guys), but I'll be goddamned if I can't put that aside for his commentating. He is an absolute natural in the booth, and probably the best color commentator we've had in the sport since Bailey.

|

8/24/2020 8:56 AM

I like is commentating on the broadcast a lot more than on the whiskey throttle show. He does a good job going back and forth with Weege and not interrupting. Sometimes on the podcast it feels like he is talking over people.

|

8/24/2020 9:22 AM

1 David Baily
2 Emig / GL tie
3 Art Eckman
4 Ralph

|

8/24/2020 9:33 AM

spimx wrote:

1 David Baily
2 Emig / GL tie
3 Art Eckman
4 Ralph

Sorry but emig doesn’t even come close to GL

|

8/24/2020 9:49 AM

spimx wrote:

1 David Baily
2 Emig / GL tie
3 Art Eckman
4 Ralph

1 is Paul Malin without a doubt.

|

8/24/2020 9:52 AM

GL is good. I agree with the previous post about him being much better on TV than he is on Whiskey Throttle.

I am in the extreme minority but I think Eckman was a terrible announcer.

I watched some older nationals recently and really liked Pingree as an analyst.

Bailey was great but a little robotic.

I've always been an Emig fan and really liked him in the booth.

Carmichael is good but held back by Ralph.

Larry Maiers and Dave Despain were entertaining but it's hard to really know how good they were because it was so scripted.

Ralph is just awful. Seems like a good guy but he's better suited as a track reporter than the main announcer.

Daniel Blair could be a great announcer or analyst.

Weege is good. I'd take him and GL for Supercross as well.

|

8/24/2020 10:10 AM

GL is on point. The evidence is clear, we need a combo like Weege/GL for SX.

|

8/24/2020 10:26 AM

Langston is doing a great job!

|

8/24/2020 10:41 AM

He was my very first favorite rider. Had a KTM 65 #111 and his replica gear and M2R helmet with the Zebra on it. Always been a fan.

|

8/24/2020 4:15 PM

Poppin wheelies and calling races. The dude is crushing it!

|

8/24/2020 4:57 PM

USA wrote:

I loved that he said the fuel pumps on KTM and Huskies are a weak spot, and cited his firsthand dealer experience to back it up. I'm sure someone got all up-in-arms about it, but right on, GL!!

Yes he's correct, mine failed the first lap of REM practice last year.

I was yelling at my TV during LL2 qualifying that Osbourne's mechanics should check the fuel pump when his bike wouldn't start, but they didn't hear me for some reason...

|

8/24/2020 7:15 PM

LL cool G. Always a fan and his insight is on point. Also love the transparency in his comments and his silky way to let it out. No harm, no foul.

Understand the mechanics were in a panic but watching them was driving me crazy. Spark, fuel, air

|

8/24/2020 7:53 PM

spimx wrote:

1 David Baily
2 Emig / GL tie
3 Art Eckman
4 Ralph

Weege
GL
Malin

Ricky can be good with someone other than ralph.

|

8/24/2020 8:02 PM

When will we see MA800 in the booth?

|

8/24/2020 10:03 PM

GL after a good few Tito's.....

Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/25/2020 3:44 AM

Agreed, him and Weege do a fantastic job.

|