GH 2 stroke convo..all tidbits here please

4/21/2019 6:55am
crowe176 wrote:
Did anyone win/run that dudes big bore kit that was paying a bonus to the winner?
8686 wrote:
I did just read that Wageman’s YZ was “punched out”. Was it an ESR Kit???
ML512 wrote:
I was told it was an Athena Kit. I asked if anyone saw that ESR guy and no one found him. Alessi tried to contact him...
I was told it was an Athena Kit. I asked if anyone saw that ESR guy and no one found him. Alessi tried to contact him after he put up that big bonuses if you raced one of his bikes and he said he wouldn’t answer their calls/never called back.
That's pretty shitty..
brocster
4/21/2019 8:04am
CivBars wrote:
Video?
Video?
crc245 wrote:
Thats Timmy Weigand on the Supermini bottom right in the red fly gear. 1st moto he and A Ray went at it for a few laps around the 6th place spot. Wageman was cool to watch definately has outdoor style thats for sure. All two stroke event was tits!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/21/2019 8:06am
8686 wrote:
I did just read that Wageman’s YZ was “punched out”. Was it an ESR Kit???
ML512 wrote:
I was told it was an Athena Kit. I asked if anyone saw that ESR guy and no one found him. Alessi tried to contact him...
I was told it was an Athena Kit. I asked if anyone saw that ESR guy and no one found him. Alessi tried to contact him after he put up that big bonuses if you raced one of his bikes and he said he wouldn’t answer their calls/never called back.
That's pretty shitty..
I’m actually not surprised. Probably a way to try and sell kits and didn’t expect anyone to actually do well on them
F1prerun
4/21/2019 8:16am
I raced the +30 intermediate class. Moto 17 or 17 the track was un real rough. Haven’t ridden a 2 smoke in over 18 years. I took a few days of vacation from work to build my bike this past week.

The Shop

SoCalMX70
4/21/2019 8:17am
Wageman's style is something to behold. It was like art on that rough track. Alessi looked good (as anyone should expect), but trashed his rear wheel in the first moto. Bell was catching the front little by little then just rolled off the track. Someone later said "his carb fell off", to which I laughed, because who knows how possible that scenario is... So not sure what really happened.

My slow ass went 16-16 in +30 Novice, but I had a blast! Roughest track I've ever ridden (and I've ridden GH plenty). Learned a bit every time I was out there and felt like I started to put things together at the end of the day. It just made me want to ride that track more!

Such a cool day. Record breaking turn out and huge gates for most of the SEVENTEEN races. Nothing but 2 stroke sound. I hope some Suzuki reps were there paying attention...
gasser303
4/21/2019 8:31am
RexEasely wrote:
Durham?
No Durham today.
RexEasely wrote:
But he was practicing on Thirsday at GH
Saw Durham at Lojak's open house in PA on Friday night, not there unfortunately...…
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/21/2019 8:50am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Wageman's style is something to behold. It was like art on that rough track. Alessi looked good (as anyone should expect), but trashed his rear wheel...
Wageman's style is something to behold. It was like art on that rough track. Alessi looked good (as anyone should expect), but trashed his rear wheel in the first moto. Bell was catching the front little by little then just rolled off the track. Someone later said "his carb fell off", to which I laughed, because who knows how possible that scenario is... So not sure what really happened.

My slow ass went 16-16 in +30 Novice, but I had a blast! Roughest track I've ever ridden (and I've ridden GH plenty). Learned a bit every time I was out there and felt like I started to put things together at the end of the day. It just made me want to ride that track more!

Such a cool day. Record breaking turn out and huge gates for most of the SEVENTEEN races. Nothing but 2 stroke sound. I hope some Suzuki reps were there paying attention...
Dude, the guy that won your class was a sand bagger!! He was turning top 3 30 intermediate lap times! I can’t believe they didn’t do anything about it. He was like 5-10 seconds a lap faster than 2nd
SoCalMX70
4/21/2019 9:02am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Wageman's style is something to behold. It was like art on that rough track. Alessi looked good (as anyone should expect), but trashed his rear wheel...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude, the guy that won your class was a sand bagger!! He was turning top 3 30 intermediate lap times! I can’t believe they didn’t do...
Dude, the guy that won your class was a sand bagger!! He was turning top 3 30 intermediate lap times! I can’t believe they didn’t do anything about it. He was like 5-10 seconds a lap faster than 2nd
Haha I honestly don't even let it get to me... That's every race. Even when "One Day" guys sign up for OTHG races (non members), almost all of them are down a class from where they should be.

I'm just out there to have fun and dice with the guys around me, whether that's the front or back of the pack. Cool
rongi#401
4/21/2019 9:48am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2019 9:50am
I went 8-4 for 4th overall in 125 novice, made a few mistakes and lost a few spots, was third most of moto 2, haven’t raced a big race in about 12 years, and after racing 4 strokes always, and now racing all 125s, fuck four strokes!!!! It was so sick! We need more of these races. So many people showed up, it was like a mini national!!

I can’t express how fun this event is, and how cool it was to watch the pro class, shoemaker and Justin hoeft were murdering the track in their 125s, And the open pro class....dude, honestly a series like this could replace the ama nationals if you got enough top guys to show up, fuck supercross too yesterday was way too sick!
brocster
4/21/2019 10:18am
Hoeft was on the fuggin gas down Mt. St. Helen and through the switch back sand section he was feet on the pegs wfo on that 125. Such a cool event.
cmotodad
4/21/2019 10:27am
After 2 turn tip overs and a stall. it was tough in the short motos have a good finish. This event is so much fun no matter the results. Seemed like every race had battles all the way back in the pack. All the pros in each class were fighting for every position. I'm ready for more 2stroke only races. Track was rough but in a 2stroke way.
flykay
4/21/2019 12:26pm
F1prerun wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/21/340772/s1200_14B4668D_297E_4922_B5A8_E758AC18EA89.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/21/340769/s1200_2E23C072_8DCE_45E7_B256_4A8CEA34768D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/21/340771/s1200_88D30059_367B_4302_B64D_A6901347060F.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/21/340770/s1200_C09CC666_2B7B_41EC_839B_085DCA4120B6.jpg[/img]

F1prerun - nice CR you got there! Is it Polisport plastics on a 06-07?

PS. Isn't there a way to reply without re-posting the pictures?
F1prerun
4/21/2019 12:40pm
flykay wrote:
F1prerun - nice CR you got there! Is it Polisport plastics on a 06-07?

PS. Isn't there a way to reply without re-posting the pictures?
Yes it’s a polisport kit and it’s an 04
etccb
4/21/2019 2:03pm
ML512 wrote:
That's pretty shitty..
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’m actually not surprised. Probably a way to try and sell kits and didn’t expect anyone to actually do well on them
Not what he was doing at all. He was all in and on site and he even provided Carlen Gardner with the bike that he was racing. He wasn't near his office phone at the end of the week obviously with traveling to the event and being there on Friday as he said in the bonus announcement. They were there and that #805 seemed to be running pretty good. It's definitely not fair to start attacking them.
kijen
4/21/2019 2:24pm
That's pretty shitty..
mattyhamz2 wrote:
etccb wrote:
Not what he was doing at all. He was all in and on site and he even provided Carlen Gardner with the bike that he was...
Not what he was doing at all. He was all in and on site and he even provided Carlen Gardner with the bike that he was racing. He wasn't near his office phone at the end of the week obviously with traveling to the event and being there on Friday as he said in the bonus announcement. They were there and that #805 seemed to be running pretty good. It's definitely not fair to start attacking them.
Its how it is today, throw shit on the wall and see what sticks, also notice that anyone saying crap wont man up for being wrong. Actually funny and sad. There are a few with credability though.

Did PC or FMF, DEP, Bills, Gore, Athena, Morgan or any other vendor have any bikes out there? Would have thought FMF with Albertson would have been well received
Kyle_McNab
4/21/2019 2:39pm
Coty schock deserves some recognition, hell of a rider. Same class as cooper and hartraft in the amateurs, he could be on their level with the right support
4/21/2019 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2019 3:44pm
ML512 wrote:
Here's over ten minutes of RAW footage from the first open pro moto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybuYpXS1Fpw&feature=youtu.be
Nice. Brought back some memories from when I rode the track in 2015. Can tell the hills are steep when a 250 2 stroke looks like its struggling.

1:40 was close.
Premixed112
4/21/2019 4:05pm
It’s not letting me upload a few of my favorites! I guess the file size is too big...
Sluggo77
4/21/2019 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2019 4:16pm
lostboy819 wrote:
KTM and Husky not doing well against the old Japanese technology.Cool
8686 wrote:
While I’m assuming you are saying this at partially in jest, it has always been about the rider, especially in events like these. It’s like when...
While I’m assuming you are saying this at partially in jest, it has always been about the rider, especially in events like these.

It’s like when RC wins the premier SX title on a two stroke in 05, and the next year every writes them off as not competitive.
kiwifan wrote:
Yes mostly it is the rider, but it is still/weird strange not to see KTM and Husky not dominating in the 250's.... given their advantages than...
Yes mostly it is the rider, but it is still/weird strange not to see KTM and Husky not dominating in the 250's.... given their advantages than the much older bikes, especially the Hondas, Kawasakis and Suzukis
What are the significant technological advantages that KTM/Husky 2 strokes have over Japanese 250s?
kiwifan
4/21/2019 7:16pm
8686 wrote:
While I’m assuming you are saying this at partially in jest, it has always been about the rider, especially in events like these. It’s like when...
While I’m assuming you are saying this at partially in jest, it has always been about the rider, especially in events like these.

It’s like when RC wins the premier SX title on a two stroke in 05, and the next year every writes them off as not competitive.
kiwifan wrote:
Yes mostly it is the rider, but it is still/weird strange not to see KTM and Husky not dominating in the 250's.... given their advantages than...
Yes mostly it is the rider, but it is still/weird strange not to see KTM and Husky not dominating in the 250's.... given their advantages than the much older bikes, especially the Hondas, Kawasakis and Suzukis
Sluggo77 wrote:
What are the significant technological advantages that KTM/Husky 2 strokes have over Japanese 250s?
As I said over the older bikes such as fuel injection, modern suspension, modern chassis, modern power valve systems, availability of parts ...unless are you implying a 2007 CR250R/RM250/KX250 will compete on par with a 2019 KTM250SX?

Post a reply to: GH 2 stroke convo..all tidbits here please

The Latest