GET has received more advertisement...

LB
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:30pm
in the last 8 hours than in the past 3 years or so they've been in the motorcross industry.

All someone has to do is to make a claim that James Stewart is doing something illegal or just say the team is cheating and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

I'm happy everyone knows who GET is now and it only took negative press and the moto world is jumping on their web site and trying to find out more about them and what we were using on our bikes.

The best part of is, 99% of the people that are commenting about GET's data system and have no clue what it is or what it does. All people want to do is talk negative about James and the team. All this system does is downloads data on what's going on with the engine.

I see other team's don't even know what it does and it sounds like the team that started this ridicules rumor of cheating is the team that everyone thinks is so smart. Wow, maybe someone learned something. I sure hope so. Ha Ha Ha.
|
jeffro503
1/16/2011 1:39am
Well Larry...........I for one knew it wasn't a traction control device.....as i stated a few times earlier in some other threads ( 1 I think ). But some people are just looking for anything and everything.

BTW..........Great friggin' race tonight man! James rode really good and kept his head on strait!

Gonna be a great year.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
1/16/2011 1:43am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2011 1:43am
Sounds like a great advertisement! I hope they sell more product because of this. Congratulation's on tonight's win!!!Cool
kongols
1/16/2011 1:45am
Yeah, like you know anything. Another insider.WhistlingWink
Preset
1/16/2011 1:46am
I find it amazing that a team manager felt the need to come here and deny cheating.
Classic stuff right there.

The Shop

jeffro503
1/16/2011 1:51am
Preset wrote:
I find it amazing that a team manager felt the need to come here and deny cheating.
HAHA!!....Wow....really?
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
1/16/2011 1:51am
Preset wrote:
Why? Good advertisement for a sponsor.
WhKnuckle
1/16/2011 2:19am
It's one thing for a bunch of Internet bozos to think a team would cheat with a system that you can see out there hanging on the rear wheel, it's another for a guy who's supposed to be some kind of moto genius to think that. IF a team was going to use traction control, they'd put the sensors inside the engine, not out on the rear wheel in plain sight.
purpleNurple
1/16/2011 2:21am
It makes no sense for JGR to go after the factory Yamaha team. It was clear they were talking about what was on the bike. But it was not them saying anything about cheating. They were pointing out the system on the bike, perhaps for them to explore in the future.
felpro
1/16/2011 2:32am
I think it was out of line for Erin to ask the question the way she did. I think LB and James are smart enough to know the device would be seen and some info up front might have been a good idea if they find the chatter is upsetting. I doubt they are obliged to do that. They could be a bit more proactive with the PR, however.

Data acquisition is fine as long as it is not transmitted. That's smart. Traction control is cheating, and that's dumb.

These guys are smart. They will be busy too. They have a front end washout deal to sort out.
1/16/2011 2:45am
the thing is the device is capable of traction control and they had it on there bike.
it's like saying i'm running 500cc in the 450 class but i will only use 3/4 throttle
1/16/2011 2:48am
HPUM is the new programmable ECU by GET for off-road fuel-injected 4-stroke single- cylinder battery-less engines.
Designed for the tuner that want play with a high-level product and a series of accessories. Fuel injection map not included.

ECU main functions:

• Set injection times and advance

• Set rev limiters

• Set throttle position derivative (power-jet) and injection phase

• Set injection and advance maps, gear by gear (with sensor only)

• Set quick shifter , cut-off times and time out

• Set start strategies

• Set all input and output parameters

• Aux. inputs for speed sensors (mandatory for traction and launch con- trol strategies)

• Input for map switch (switch is optional)

• CAN BUS line for connecting to data acquisition systems.

tobz
1/16/2011 3:17am
Preset wrote:
How weird right. This guy shouldn't be giving a shit about what a few threads say on a shit hole forum. He keeps making his team real easy to root against though. Go RV!
FroDiddy
1/16/2011 3:22am
felpro wrote:
I think it was out of line for Erin to ask the question the way she did. I think LB and James are smart enough to...
I think it was out of line for Erin to ask the question the way she did. I think LB and James are smart enough to know the device would be seen and some info up front might have been a good idea if they find the chatter is upsetting. I doubt they are obliged to do that. They could be a bit more proactive with the PR, however.

Data acquisition is fine as long as it is not transmitted. That's smart. Traction control is cheating, and that's dumb.

These guys are smart. They will be busy too. They have a front end washout deal to sort out.
Erin was out of line. She accused James and San Manuel of cheating rather than questioning him specifically about the device. This is what happens when you give a pretty face a journalist's job.
R-acer
1/16/2011 3:29am
LB wrote:
in the last 8 hours than in the past 3 years or so they've been in the motorcross industry. All someone has to do is to...
in the last 8 hours than in the past 3 years or so they've been in the motorcross industry.

All someone has to do is to make a claim that James Stewart is doing something illegal or just say the team is cheating and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

I'm happy everyone knows who GET is now and it only took negative press and the moto world is jumping on their web site and trying to find out more about them and what we were using on our bikes.

The best part of is, 99% of the people that are commenting about GET's data system and have no clue what it is or what it does. All people want to do is talk negative about James and the team. All this system does is downloads data on what's going on with the engine.

I see other team's don't even know what it does and it sounds like the team that started this ridicules rumor of cheating is the team that everyone thinks is so smart. Wow, maybe someone learned something. I sure hope so. Ha Ha Ha.
Thanks for the info LB.
It's funny how Stewart has been effortlessly beating every one of these riders on the track since he has been racing them, and all of a sudden some of these haters are acting like he needs to cheat to win? LOL
"What will they think of next"?
Hank_Thrill
1/16/2011 3:31am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2011 3:36am
This couldn't have come at a worse time... Sad Part of me feels bad for James because I know how personal he takes criticism, but on the other hand, he is making more money racing a main even than many family's in America see in a year. I know that won't help the way he feels now, but instead of focusing on all the negative energy over Erin Bate's comments, I would just stay focused on the positive. Five years from now this won't even matter in his life, so I suggest taking the long view and don't sweat it.

Whatever the hell that thing is, it didn't helped him blitz the whoops twenty consecutive laps, clear the triples from the inside of the corners, or do those insane rhythm section combinations him and RV2 were pulling off.
R-acer
1/16/2011 3:40am
I don’t think James if hurt over it. In fact I think he was messing with Erin with his response. To me, I just saw sarcasm from James.
James knows how to deal with hate....he's had to deal with it his entire racing career, and I think it motivates him.
jndmx
1/16/2011 3:44am
So someone finally asks a question that isn't the usual canned stuff and all of the sudden it is an accusation of cheating?
ayearinmx
1/16/2011 3:59am
motoRcross? no wonder they've been getting no advertisements.... they've been in the wrong industry Blink
AUS_Twisted
1/16/2011 4:05am
the thing is the device is capable of traction control and they had it on there bike. it's like saying i'm running 500cc in the 450...
the thing is the device is capable of traction control and they had it on there bike.
it's like saying i'm running 500cc in the 450 class but i will only use 3/4 throttle
Yeah regardless if it was/wasn't used in the heat or main I think any such devices (whether they had all or part of it on the bike) should not be allowed on the bike during a race. I didn't see it properly on Speed as I was watching with a crappy internet feed and was only going by what Jeff, RC and the guys at JGR were saying.
jndmx
1/16/2011 4:33am
They did a segment on it before the heat where the J-Bone was talking to the JGR crew about " # 7 had a rear wheel speed sensor on his bike again this weekend".

Then they talked about it Fro made some comments and they talked about it being in a "grey area" and said if they were using it for traction control then it would be a illegal.

So if a bunch of folks from another team are talking about it and then the commentators talk about the device and show it during a segment I'm not sure how Erin was the one being accusatory.
That was a legit question and it more likely came from the producers than Erin.

Wouldn't it be better advertisement for GET to have James just give a canned "just somehting new we are using that for our EFI tuning" or something like that?
Acting like there was "nothing to see here" was foolish and will certainly only fan the flames of speculation.

Clearly the bike had to go through tech inspection and if it was something that was illegal I don't see how it would have been allowed on the bike so I wouldn't be rushing off to call anyone a cheater.

This is more on LB than James, typical vague "it's none of your business and how dare you ask" type of answer that he has been giving since the Reed days on L&M.
sileighty
1/16/2011 4:54am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2011 5:00am
Is L&M really the only team screwing with A/F Maps electronically, if thats the case the other teams better catch up......
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/16/2011 4:59am
"GET has received more advertisement in the last 8 hours than in the past 3 years or so they've been in the motocross industry. "

Looks like you're doing your job. Wink

Just as an FYI to everyone...the San Manuel Red Bull Yamaha truck isn't the only one in the pits sporting a GET logo.

I talked a bit with two Italian gentlemen from GET after the race, and will try and type up some notes later on.
jndmx
1/16/2011 5:21am
Exactly my point Steve.....Reed has one of the GET logos on his bike and someone else I don't remember who.

Why not just say "oh yeah that is a little thing that does blah bl;ah blah some of the teams are using it"...it seems foolish to act like there was nothing there.
3D
1/16/2011 5:27am
LB wrote:
in the last 8 hours than in the past 3 years or so they've been in the motorcross industry. All someone has to do is to...

Just curious, why check engine data at the rear wheel? Serious question, not being a dick.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
1/16/2011 5:59am
GuyB wrote:
"GET has received more advertisement in the last 8 hours than in the past 3 years or so they've been in the motocross industry. " Looks...
"GET has received more advertisement in the last 8 hours than in the past 3 years or so they've been in the motocross industry. "

Looks like you're doing your job. Wink

Just as an FYI to everyone...the San Manuel Red Bull Yamaha truck isn't the only one in the pits sporting a GET logo.

I talked a bit with two Italian gentlemen from GET after the race, and will try and type up some notes later on.
Surely your notes will say it is a data acquisition device. But the bigger question is whether it is capable of traction control, and who monitors how it is actually being used? Seems like once you have the sensors in place it would be awfully easy to utilize traction control under the guise of data acquisition. Is the AMA going to have to start going through the teams' computers to see what they are actually doing?
SRP33
1/16/2011 6:16am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2011 6:17am
Hey Larry

Every time james goes on the track its cheating because he is so much faster than anyone else its just not right the dude is amazing he's lucky I am retired

You need to be running Slater Skins and the Slater Shield we cant see any sponsor on your

bike
Sawblade
1/16/2011 6:28am
The question was worded poorly from Erin (or the dude in her ear that told her to ask the question) and LB should have had a prepped answer for James instead of there's nothing to see.
rpk191
1/16/2011 6:32am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2011 6:44am
Doesn't chad reed have the same system? He has a GET logo on his bike.......

Oh and ktm?
WhKnuckle
1/16/2011 6:33am
Overall, the notion that anyone can design a traction control system that would manage all the variables in motocross - front locking over braking bumps, intentionally spinning the rear over jumps, intentional wheelspin out of corners to avoid using the clutch, and an overall operating system in which neither wheel is hooked up 100% very much of the time - it sounds like the kind of thing that might be good for data acquisition but would be a nightmare for a rider. Riders need the bike to do the same thing the same way in the same circumstances, every time - they don't need or want another variable to guess about or another copilot to out-think. The only practical application would be launch control, and even that would be questionable because as soon as you hit the gate, the front comes up and the rear is driving, and you immediately have a mismatch between the wheels - the last thing you'd want is for the traction control to cut power suddenly. Hello, 20th place, when you get closed out by everyone on both sides.

Surely Albrecht knows all this if he's half the moto genius he's supposed to be. The whole accusation is silly.

Post a reply to: GET has received more advertisement...

The Latest