capeway215 wrote:

Where do they end up?

Lawrence Brothers - staying honda 250
Craig - star
Jmart - PC
Shimoda - ?
Mumford - ?
Yoder - ?

Some of the podcasts suggest Shimoda at Phoenix Racing, Mumford at FXR Chap Honda (both with Honda direct support). Not sure about Yoder.

|

10/13/2020 12:23 PM

Interesting you bring up Phoenix racing. Will they be the next 250 effort for a Honda ?

|

10/13/2020 12:26 PM

Speaking of Phoenix racing, I just saw Jace Owen left and is on a ClubMX bike now. I'd like to see if he can get some top 10s

|

10/13/2020 12:30 PM

How does Honda support work now? Were they giving that much money to Gieco? You'd hope that they could supply that many riders with bikes / resources, just spread across different teams now.

|

10/13/2020 12:55 PM

Carson Mumford showed some serious speed and really surprised me this season. I hope something works out for him. Would there be room for him on PC?

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

10/13/2020 2:40 PM

There was word of Penrite Honda stepping in and getting some support from Honda.

|

10/13/2020 2:42 PM

Wow, what a bummer. So much talent potentially left on lesser equipment due to the team shutting down (no disrespect to teams like Phoenix racing, but we can all agree it isn't Rockstar, Star, TLD, etc)...

It makes you wonder how long the team knew about this since they have so much young talent and even amateur riders on board like Hunter Yoder. Is it entirely due to covid?

|

10/13/2020 4:01 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Wow, what a bummer. So much talent potentially left on lesser equipment due to the team shutting down (no disrespect to teams like Phoenix racing, but we can all agree it isn't Rockstar, Star, TLD, etc)...

It makes you wonder how long the team knew about this since they have so much young talent and even amateur riders on board like Hunter Yoder. Is it entirely due to covid?

My guess is a little due to covid, a little due to potential front fender graphics, and a lot due to a new CEO.

|

10/13/2020 4:35 PM

Saw this in another thread (mxking809)

J-Mart to PC
Jett and Jo to HRC
Hunter to FC lite
Mumford to JGR

|

10/13/2020 5:59 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

davis224 wrote:

My guess is a little due to covid, a little due to potential front fender graphics, and a lot due to a new CEO.

Front fender graphic? Alias?

|

10/13/2020 6:11 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

davis224 wrote:

thefactorypilot wrote:

Alias is now a CBD company

|

10/13/2020 6:41 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

davis224 wrote:

thefactorypilot wrote:

Take a scroll through Mike Grondahl's Twitter feed. May have to go back a bit to find it, but there is a lot of... stuff... to sift through. He posted screenshots of exchanges with someone from Geico insisting he rethink his plan to put a certain slogan on the bikes, since as a company they choose not to get behind anything they feel is political.

|

10/13/2020 7:03 PM

davis224 wrote:

thefactorypilot wrote:

davis224 wrote:

Take a scroll through Mike Grondahl's Twitter feed. May have to go back a bit to find it, but there is a lot of... stuff... to sift through. He posted screenshots of exchanges with someone from Geico insisting he rethink his plan to put a certain slogan on the bikes, since as a company they choose not to get behind anything they feel is political.

Sounds like they may have rolled the dice and lost. I’m pretty sure Alias CBD can’t stroke the check that Geico did.

|

10/13/2020 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2020 7:06 PM

MB109 wrote:

J-Mart to PC
Jett and Jo to HRC
Hunter to FC lite
Mumford to JGR

That’s was a few beers deep guess lol

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

10/13/2020 7:17 PM

Mumford is testing pc bike with the next couple of weeks.

|

10/13/2020 7:21 PM

MB109 wrote:

J-Mart to PC
Jett and Jo to HRC
Hunter to FC lite
Mumford to JGR

MxKing809 wrote:

That’s was a few beers deep guess lol

I think you're pretty close but expect Mumford to stay on red for one of the Honda support teams unless another team rolls out the carpet and dollars. He had a great showing at Pala and definitely one to watch with proven AM results and FCR AM team coaching. He's also been riding a 4 stroke longer than most kids.

I bet both ML's and Konsky's phones has been running hot.

|

10/13/2020 7:52 PM

The boys should raid the shop for some a-kit and race engines for next season

|

10/13/2020 8:22 PM

skankhunt69 wrote:

Where’d you see or hear of this. I would love for PC to run 6 guys and bring on both J Mart and Mumford. Or maybe bring on A Mart

|

10/13/2020 8:30 PM

While it is a shame that this team is going away, I think we will see some different approaches going forward from this in the 250 class. Look at the guys who had factory bikes in 2020 needing a ride: Hartranft, Drake, Shimoda, Mumford. Garrett Marchbanks already signed for ClubMX. Perhaps this is the beginning of some changes where teams will start pulling away from signing the amateur phenoms and guaranteeing them pro deals. Maybe some guys coming up end up in a more normalized position for where a rookie should start?

Again, it really sucks that FC Honda is leaving the sport but at the same time the current model of amateur to pro is totally flawed. IMO a kid like Jordan Bailey or Mitchell Falk, maybe it serves them better to be turning pro and not ending up on a factory bike with all the pressure that comes along with it. Put them on a ClubMX, Gas Monkey, AJE, or Phoenix and maybe in 2 years they are further ahead than where they've ended up.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/13/2020 9:08 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

While it is a shame that this team is going away, I think we will see some different approaches going forward from this in the 250 class. Look at the guys who had factory bikes in 2020 needing a ride: Hartranft, Drake, Shimoda, Mumford. Garrett Marchbanks already signed for ClubMX. Perhaps this is the beginning of some changes where teams will start pulling away from signing the amateur phenoms and guaranteeing them pro deals. Maybe some guys coming up end up in a more normalized position for where a rookie should start?

Again, it really sucks that FC Honda is leaving the sport but at the same time the current model of amateur to pro is totally flawed. IMO a kid like Jordan Bailey or Mitchell Falk, maybe it serves them better to be turning pro and not ending up on a factory bike with all the pressure that comes along with it. Put them on a ClubMX, Gas Monkey, AJE, or Phoenix and maybe in 2 years they are further ahead than where they've ended up.

I don't really agree with that train of thought.

I fail to see how Jordan Bailey or Mitchell Falk achieve better results on a non factory bike, with minimal testing, no access to test tracks, no financial stability, no trainer, no Mitch Payton's experience to guide them etc. Best case scenario they put out the same results, But that's not getting them the call up to a factory spot, so they fall further down the pecking order the following year and before you know it they're gone from the sport.

I feel the ideal situation is that Bailey and Falk don't get on a factory team until they turn pro, no amateur factory contracts. Would free up some money for the mfg's to put on more riders. But that has issues as well. More of the less affluent stars may tap out from the sport before even making the pro ranks if they had to fund it all the way through.

|

10/14/2020 12:14 AM

hamncheeze wrote:

Along with that, isnt it possible that Honda splits its support to 2-3 smaller team rather than dumping a shitload on the Geico team?

|

10/14/2020 1:04 AM

I feel like all of this is a great opportunity for Pro Circuit to get back to there winning ways! They used to be where everyone wanted to be regardless of dollars (within reason) and Mitch dominated when it came to scooping the winning racers and he has always produced a winning bike the only thing that has changed is 2 other highly professional teams being able to scoop the winning racers. Star is still at the top of the heap thanks to the YZF250 but as far as I know PC has Austin, McAdoo (Whackers) and JMart (Hopefully) I am thinking there is budget for at least one more A level athlete who do we think that is ?

|

10/14/2020 1:58 AM

Sounds like Jmart to PC is not 100%......Although I will be suprised if he doesnt go green - Maybe he wants the HP numbers from Mitch first laughing

|

Roczen slander bloodhound...

10/14/2020 5:17 AM

Bjorn645 wrote:

Sounds like Jmart to PC is not 100%......Although I will be suprised if he doesnt go green - Maybe he wants the HP numbers from Mitch first laughing

J-Mart analyzing the Dyno sheets from Star and PC

Photo

|

10/14/2020 5:18 AM

skankhunt69 wrote:

yurcho44 wrote:

Where’d you see or hear of this. I would love for PC to run 6 guys and bring on both J Mart and Mumford. Or maybe bring on A Mart

The person works at pc. I’d think that’s a pretty reliable source. It’s just a test I’m sure he won’t be the only one getting to test the bike.

|

10/14/2020 5:28 AM

skankhunt69 wrote:

yurcho44 wrote:

skankhunt69 wrote:

The person works at pc. I’d think that’s a pretty reliable source. It’s just a test I’m sure he won’t be the only one getting to test the bike.

I’m also sure PC is hedging their JMart bet if he decides to pick Star over them

|

10/14/2020 9:00 AM

yurcho44 wrote:

skankhunt69 wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

I’m also sure PC is hedging their JMart bet if he decides to pick Star over them

I'd love to see Jmart on a kawi, but I would think if Star offers him a ride, it'd have to be too tempting. He won two outdoor titles on a Yamaha, and got beaten by a Star Yamaha. To me, it makes sense to go on a proven bike.

|

10/15/2020 5:12 PM

Photo
|