GAJSER 243 GUMBY

aroark247
Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 5:46am
Is it just me or does that guy eat it a lot? I mean serious slams into the ground at speed. Reminds me of some James Stewart crashes, and then just bounces up like nothing happened. We need a GT243 crash compilation just to admire the ballsy effort this young gumby
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/15/2019 9:39am
People argued with me on here about the fact that I said he's fast and can win, but needs to stop hitting the ground first. Dude hit the ground how many times this weekend?? I think he can straight up beat Herlings if he could stay on 2 wheels. I'm a huge 243 fan.
line-up
5/15/2019 9:44am
In a recent interview he said he would like to race MEC in Oct and a few SX rounds in Jan, but with his crashing attitude I don't see that ending well. I hope I'm wrong.
JeepnMike
5/15/2019 9:52am
line-up wrote:
In a recent interview he said he would like to race MEC in Oct and a few SX rounds in Jan, but with his crashing attitude...
In a recent interview he said he would like to race MEC in Oct and a few SX rounds in Jan, but with his crashing attitude I don't see that ending well. I hope I'm wrong.
If you remember Gajser's crash at the MEC in 2017, it validates the OPs post.. Nobody can bounce off of the ground quite like Tim and still somehow compete a week later Grinning Eventually, that luck has to run out.

I was thinking the same thing watching the weekend's GP, he is on the ground a lot, but always bounces right back up. I wish he could find a little more consistency, he is the only one that (to me) can week in and week out compete with AC222.
Bearuno
5/15/2019 11:02am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 9:19am
Sometimes he doesn't bounce.

Last year's badly broken jaw was one of them.

I just this evening re-watched this year's Valkenswaard GP. That prang he had there was a vicious one, indeed.

He seems to have been around forever , yet he's only 22, the same age, within a few weeks, as Adam C . He went into MXGP class at 19, I think, straight after winning the MX2 WC. And, won that.

I do hope he gets through healthy to when it's said the male brain matures / settles down- around 24/25. He, Herlings, Prado and a fair few others will make for some pretty full on MXGP class racing for many years to come.

The Shop

BR8ES
5/15/2019 11:04am
Tim has to settle down or odds are not good for longevity.
philG
5/15/2019 11:50am
Bearuno wrote:
Sometimes he doesn't bounce. Last year's badly broken jaw was one of them. I just this evening re-watched this year's Valkenswaard GP. That prang he had...
Sometimes he doesn't bounce.

Last year's badly broken jaw was one of them.

I just this evening re-watched this year's Valkenswaard GP. That prang he had there was a vicious one, indeed.

He seems to have been around forever , yet he's only 22, the same age, within a few weeks, as Adam C . He went into MXGP class at 19, I think, straight after winning the MX2 WC. And, won that.

I do hope he gets through healthy to when it's said the male brain matures / settles down- around 24/25. He, Herlings, Prado and a fair few others will make for some pretty full on MXGP class racing for many years to come.
Exactly this,, Gajser was a double world champ at 20. AC still hasnt won anything 2 years later.

So he did MEC and crashed, big deal. If you dont think he could go and learn SX you are delusional.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/15/2019 11:55am
line-up wrote:
In a recent interview he said he would like to race MEC in Oct and a few SX rounds in Jan, but with his crashing attitude...
as long as he doesn't compete with an outdoor setting on his suspension like he did at MEC...
But yeah it will be a nail biter to watch him
5/15/2019 12:16pm
I have been thinking this exact same thing for a while. However, if he does dial back the speed to where he only wads it up 1x a weekend, is he still a top 3 contender?
5/15/2019 12:19pm
His ride at the British gp after that high speed get off was really impressive with a twisted bike and front plate bothering him
He sure is a tough sob!
Bidirella
5/15/2019 12:31pm
Its crazy that he can finish almost every moto with a big get off. No bike issues or injury. I see allot of riders crash less and have a injury or a bike with no go.

But he is a tough sob, with getting up quick and crash even harder a few laps later haha! Tomac should take a crash practice with him #joke

Hopefully he can battle with Tony for the title, but he lost allot of points this weekend.

kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
5/15/2019 12:40pm
He had the fastest lap times in both motos of this last weekend's GP.. he went 10-6. Consistency is killing him.
agn5009
5/15/2019 1:14pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
People argued with me on here about the fact that I said he's fast and can win, but needs to stop hitting the ground first. Dude...
People argued with me on here about the fact that I said he's fast and can win, but needs to stop hitting the ground first. Dude hit the ground how many times this weekend?? I think he can straight up beat Herlings if he could stay on 2 wheels. I'm a huge 243 fan.
I agree with everything you’ve said except him being able to beat herlings straight up. That simply ain’t happening. Herlings won almost every Moto last year. No one had anything for him most of the time and that includes Cairoli.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/15/2019 1:15pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
People argued with me on here about the fact that I said he's fast and can win, but needs to stop hitting the ground first. Dude...
agn5009 wrote:
I agree with everything you’ve said except him being able to beat herlings straight up. That simply ain’t happening. Herlings won almost every Moto last year...
I agree with everything you’ve said except him being able to beat herlings straight up. That simply ain’t happening. Herlings won almost every Moto last year. No one had anything for him most of the time and that includes Cairoli.
A healthy Tim that doesn't hit the ground can straight up beat Herlings. Definitely not every time, but he can do it.
HenryA
5/15/2019 1:16pm

...and he walked away from that Blink
HuskyEd
5/15/2019 1:34pm
HenryA wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/15/347527/s1200_101478_gajser_crash_mxgp_2015_r05_rx_3021.jpg[/img] [IMG]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/26/88908/s1200_541565_10152963412035805_8019411710496124831_n.jpg[/IMG] ...and he walked away from that :blink:

...and he walked away from that Blink
That is unreal! Shocked
5/15/2019 1:49pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I agree with everything you’ve said except him being able to beat herlings straight up. That simply ain’t happening. Herlings won almost every Moto last year...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
A healthy Tim that doesn't hit the ground can straight up beat Herlings. Definitely not every time, but he can do it.
Tim wasn’t injured at all the races last year & I didn’t see him beating Herlings.
agn5009
5/15/2019 1:58pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Nope. Sorry. I’ll believe it when I see it because it has yet to happen.
kiwifan
5/15/2019 2:17pm
wow just because he crashes you call him a gumby, guess you dont like him eh?

Gumby: Adjective. an alternative word for idiot. an alternative word for stupid. being clumsy.
MarkF
5/15/2019 2:33pm
kiwifan wrote:
wow just because he crashes you call him a gumby, guess you dont like him eh? Gumby: Adjective. an alternative word for idiot. an alternative word...

Gumby: Adjective. an alternative word for idiot. an alternative word for stupid. being clumsy.
I think he meant this Gumby. Pretty much unbreakable.

agn5009
5/15/2019 2:35pm
kiwifan wrote:
wow just because he crashes you call him a gumby, guess you dont like him eh? Gumby: Adjective. an alternative word for idiot. an alternative word...

That’s not what he meant at all. Twist it all you want but you’re the only one who will remain offended.
mysterion117
5/15/2019 2:38pm
kiwifan wrote:

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/15/2019 7:00pm
kiwifan wrote:

gumby like made out of gum
ATKpilot99
5/15/2019 7:06pm
kiwifan wrote:

Yeah no
kiwifan
5/15/2019 7:08pm
kiwifan wrote:

MarkF wrote:
I think he meant this Gumby. Pretty much unbreakable. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/15/347554/s1200_gumby.jpg[/img]
I think he meant this Gumby. Pretty much unbreakable.

well that makes more sense! One can take the meaning either way eh?
YamahaJT1
5/15/2019 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2019 7:19pm

Gumby aboard his trusty steed Pokey, aka CRF450
500guy
5/15/2019 7:23pm
philG wrote:
Exactly this,, Gajser was a double world champ at 20. AC still hasnt won anything 2 years later. So he did MEC and crashed, big deal...
Exactly this,, Gajser was a double world champ at 20. AC still hasnt won anything 2 years later.

So he did MEC and crashed, big deal. If you dont think he could go and learn SX you are delusional.

Surely you are not arguing that he doesn't need to stop crashing and crashing so hard?

incredible talent , just needs to keep it together.
ATKpilot99
5/15/2019 7:26pm
philG wrote:
Exactly this,, Gajser was a double world champ at 20. AC still hasnt won anything 2 years later. So he did MEC and crashed, big deal...

500guy wrote:
Surely you are not arguing that he doesn't need to stop crashing and crashing so hard?

incredible talent , just needs to keep it together.
Yeah and the MEC crash was mild compared to the highlight reel crashes he often has.
YamahaJT1
5/15/2019 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2019 7:42pm
I rarely talk about riders, but his slams are epic... Fortunately he's often going going so fast that the horizontal trajectory negates the vertical impact. Twist it Tim!

There was a get off in IIRC NL where he tucked like a ninja with feet together, rolled out of it and was GTG
mxrudi
5/16/2019 5:02am
agn5009 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Tim wasn’t injured at all the races last year & I didn’t see him beating Herlings.
Tim can beat Herlings on hard pack, last year he wasn't on form coming back from injury (just like Herligs wasn't on the start of the 2017 season).

Post a reply to: GAJSER 243 GUMBY

The Latest