Futures not part of night show

mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
Edited Date/Time 1/15/2022 8:30am
If this is true.. which i heard it is... that they will be racing at 4pm ...are they atleast going to tape it and show the race during the tv broadcast or are they going to maybe give them a one minute highlight segment like the ktm jrs.get.. Exactly how i thought it would be when they announced the futures being involved ..
|
TeamGreen
1/9/2022 10:08am
mjones7212 wrote:
If this is true.. which i heard it is... that they will be racing at 4pm ...are they atleast going to tape it and show the...
If this is true.. which i heard it is... that they will be racing at 4pm ...are they atleast going to tape it and show the race during the tv broadcast or are they going to maybe give them a one minute highlight segment like the ktm jrs.get.. Exactly how i thought it would be when they announced the futures being involved ..
I was told, last night, by some TV folk, that it's part of the night show...

Did this change?
Motodave15
1/9/2022 10:10am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2022 10:11am
Futures did not race yesterday.... their schedule is this

Northwest Premiere RingCentral Coliseum, Oakland, CA Saturday, January 15, 2022

West Premiere Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA Saturday, January 29, 2022

Southwest Premiere State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ Saturday, February 5, 2022

South Central Premiere AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX Saturday, February 26, 2022

South Premiere Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA Saturday, April 16, 2022

Northeast Premiere Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA Saturday, April 23, 2022

All Supercross Futures AMA National Championship Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT, Saturday, May 7, 2022
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/9/2022 10:11am
TeamGreen wrote:
I was told, last night, by some TV folk, that it's part of the night show...

Did this change?
I guess because nothing was shown on the broadcast. Not even a mention of it.
Jack_Wagon
1/9/2022 4:23pm
The rules and details change daily. We probably won't know the exact specifics until Friday.

The Shop

BMc914
1/9/2022 4:34pm
Jack_Wagon wrote:
The rules and details change daily. We probably won't know the exact specifics until Friday.
AMA "Never Change"
mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
1/10/2022 10:12am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2022 10:14am
They practice in OAKLAND on Friday along with timed practice on Friday then they have one timed practice on Saturday for gate picks, then they have one 10min race at the end of the pro qualifying at 450pm...so to even watch them u need to have Peacock ..i personally think this has turned into a joke. I thought they were suppose to get the experience of racing in front of the crowd etc....We will see if they atleast tape it and show the complete race during the tv broadcast but you know they wont they will get lucky if they show a 2min highlight clip of their race...Hell even the ktm jr 7yr olds get to race in front of the crowd
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
1/10/2022 10:14am
Jack_Wagon wrote:
BMc914 wrote:
AMA "Never Change"
I think this would be more on feld than the ama wouldn’t it ?
clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
1/10/2022 10:20am
They need to do a futures at every round. Ditch the ktm junior race and them playing weird hype videos on the big screen
JazzyJJ
1/10/2022 10:26am
They need to do a futures at every round. Ditch the ktm junior race and them playing weird hype videos on the big screen
The KTM stuff is useless to us but it allows them to do track work while the kids ride on a portion of the track. They rebuild the whoops and fix ruts while the kids ride. If they put futures in that spot not only would they lose that track work time, but the futures would make the issues worse. I would way rather watch futures than a 5 year old on a 50, but it seems like its more out of necessity than what we want.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
1/11/2022 12:15pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
The KTM stuff is useless to us but it allows them to do track work while the kids ride on a portion of the track. They...
The KTM stuff is useless to us but it allows them to do track work while the kids ride on a portion of the track. They rebuild the whoops and fix ruts while the kids ride. If they put futures in that spot not only would they lose that track work time, but the futures would make the issues worse. I would way rather watch futures than a 5 year old on a 50, but it seems like its more out of necessity than what we want.
Futures aren’t running whoops…that’s the only section KTM kids didn’t run. They have plenty of time to fix the two burms they do. It’s not so much for fans, but you’d think the guys running the show would want the actual future of there sport riding the track.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
1/11/2022 12:23pm
Futures aren’t running whoops…that’s the only section KTM kids didn’t run. They have plenty of time to fix the two burms they do. It’s not so...
Futures aren’t running whoops…that’s the only section KTM kids didn’t run. They have plenty of time to fix the two burms they do. It’s not so much for fans, but you’d think the guys running the show would want the actual future of there sport riding the track.
This just sounds like someone that doesn’t work in tv and events telling people how to do their job.
1/11/2022 12:26pm
mjones7212 wrote:
They practice in OAKLAND on Friday along with timed practice on Friday then they have one timed practice on Saturday for gate picks, then they have...
They practice in OAKLAND on Friday along with timed practice on Friday then they have one timed practice on Saturday for gate picks, then they have one 10min race at the end of the pro qualifying at 450pm...so to even watch them u need to have Peacock ..i personally think this has turned into a joke. I thought they were suppose to get the experience of racing in front of the crowd etc....We will see if they atleast tape it and show the complete race during the tv broadcast but you know they wont they will get lucky if they show a 2min highlight clip of their race...Hell even the ktm jr 7yr olds get to race in front of the crowd
I think it's more about racing an AMA supercross track. I have peacock so I will get to see it.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
1/11/2022 12:30pm
soggy wrote:
This just sounds like someone that doesn’t work in tv and events telling people how to do their job.
It would just make sense to put the futures class in the night show instead of electric 50’s. Guarantee they could do 5 laps in the same time kids roll around it. They’re not running whoops just like the KTM kids aren’t. Really no excuse to keep these amateur kids in the dark
wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
1/11/2022 1:38pm
They do a 10min race before Opening Ceremonies
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
1/11/2022 1:45pm
soggy wrote:
It would just make sense to put the futures class in the night show instead of electric 50’s. Guarantee they could do 5 laps in the...
It would just make sense to put the futures class in the night show instead of electric 50’s. Guarantee they could do 5 laps in the same time kids roll around it. They’re not running whoops just like the KTM kids aren’t. Really no excuse to keep these amateur kids in the dark
And you think they didn’t think about that? they would they could. Whatever the reason is for them scheduling it the way they do. You didn’t just come up with some idea no one ever thought of.
mx313
1/11/2022 2:34pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
The KTM stuff is useless to us but it allows them to do track work while the kids ride on a portion of the track. They...
Futures aren’t running whoops…that’s the only section KTM kids didn’t run. They have plenty of time to fix the two burms they do. It’s not so...
Looking at the track map surely they have to run the smaller set on the left. Theres no way to skip them.
And how would they skip the set on the right.

LungButter
1/11/2022 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2022 2:51pm
It would just make sense to put the futures class in the night show instead of electric 50’s. Guarantee they could do 5 laps in the...
KTM pays good money to have those kids out on the track, so from a promoters standpoint, it does make sense.

There is also a lot less chance of one of the KTM kids stacking it up and requiring medical assistance ....that would further slow down the show.
RG1
1/12/2022 1:22am
On the Pulp show yesterday Matthes said that all futures races will take place before the night show apart from the last round which will be part of the night show.
1/12/2022 6:09am
Yall ever watch group B and C practice? Those guys are way more advanced than most of these "future" guys and often look super goon out there. It should be entertaining to say the least.
Jardo
Fantasy
2053rd
1/12/2022 6:57am
Yall ever watch group B and C practice? Those guys are way more advanced than most of these "future" guys and often look super goon out...
Yall ever watch group B and C practice? Those guys are way more advanced than most of these "future" guys and often look super goon out there. It should be entertaining to say the least.
I dont know, I'd say Hymas and Ryder D would smoke most of group B and C.
wardy
1/12/2022 7:38am
it's about time they did something to bring in the new riders and get them acclimated to this kind of track. I am just betting they will adjust and tweak the process a bunch this year, and in years to come.
50cc class set up won't go any where, it's worked a long time.
the only way it gets more hype (futures) is if a big sponsor steps up.

1/12/2022 7:51am
Yall ever watch group B and C practice? Those guys are way more advanced than most of these "future" guys and often look super goon out...
Jardo wrote:
I dont know, I'd say Hymas and Ryder D would smoke most of group B and C.
For every Hymas and Ryder D there will be 10 dues who wouldn't make the night show.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
1/12/2022 9:00am
I think it has a lot to do with tv time and a good chance a futures rider crashes and gets hurt. While there will be 4 decent kids out there, there will be 15 more that probably havent ridden a sx track before. At least the final round you will have all legit kids out there
lestat
1/12/2022 6:41pm
Isn’t the point about riding the pro SX tracks ? Now you want night show tv time ? Lol … some people are never happy …
MO 23
1/12/2022 8:04pm
I love the part of the F1 Broadcast when they show amateur racing.....oh yeah, they dont.
How good is watching some amateur football during a broadcast?.......oh yeah, they dont broadcast it

Lets keep the broadcast for the big names in the sport.

The KTM thing is basically an ad, KTM pay for that, its not on the broadcast becuase folks at home want to see who is the fastest kid on a 50 out of a small group chosen.
mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
1/13/2022 5:46pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
they are supposedly running the exact same track as the pros thats what its all about ..so they are doing the whoops
mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
1/13/2022 5:52pm
i cant wait to see where the top futures riders stack up with the pros during qualifying...im thinking some or a couple would have top 20 maybe even top 15 times
1/13/2022 7:02pm
If they run the whole track, like a Anaheim 1, there will be a lot of broken futures and broken bones.
1/14/2022 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2022 5:33pm
Ouch. Was excited about this but apparently not many are showing up…

Looks like it will be Ryder D…then everyone else.

Post a reply to: Futures not part of night show

The Latest