Future of electric

Related:
Create New Tag

7/31/2017 9:38 AM

Just thinking out loud
But I wonder if when electric bikes become more common
Which it seems like they will
If in the future some company will make and offer an electric transplant engine/battery combo
That would bolt into an older gas bike?
How cool would that be to buy a blown up 250f
Sitting in someone's garage in the corner
Dust it off. And bolt in an electric power plant.
Possible ??

|

7/31/2017 9:41 AM

Not crazy at all, already being done with vehicles. When I was having problems with my old ranger, I considered buying an electric kit. Someone sells a motor, and adapter to bolt it to the stock 5 speed. I priced it out though and couldnt justify the cost or range. To get the range I need, it wouldve been over 20K. Not worth putting that much cash into a 1991 ranger lol

|

7/31/2017 9:45 AM

Manufacturing new internal combustion engines will be illegal within a few decades- is my prediction. There is just a huge movement that way.
Toyota is getting some attention for its new quick-charging, solid state battery research:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-toyota-electric-cars-idUSKBN1AA035

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

7/31/2017 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 10:08 AM

theyre already doing it, saw it on youtube a while ago

theres a company that sells a kit, idk how it stacks up against the alta battery tho

cant seem to find it tho
|

7/31/2017 10:09 AM

i would love to have a fast electric 110, the noise is the only thing holding me back from building a full mini sx track in my yard...

|

7/31/2017 10:32 AM

Yes, there are people doing conversions, for bikes and full sized cars. However, both are quite costly, and need to be done by someone who has already learned the hard lessons of kV ratings, gearing, etc.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/31/2017 11:12 AM

|

7/31/2017 2:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 2:41 PM

Here you go: EVDrive conversion kit for CRF250's although I don't know what their current status is with these. They had youtube videos out several years ago of their Gen1 conversion.

|

7/31/2017 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 3:25 PM

$$$$$$ is way too high. Of course, I could see the regulators outlaw internal combustion engines and require people to buy electric at an extra high cost whether they can afford it or not. There seems to be a lot of people going this way cool

|