Future of World SX

Sondy132001
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:33am
|
KAWboy14
8/6/2008 4:20pm
the ama outdoors will soon suffer the fate that the Gold Cup and Winter Am's did back in their day!

UNLESS: they sweeten the purses by gigantic proportions and that might not help!
mcphilly
8/6/2008 4:21pm
I think its good the way it is right now ..........Say good bye to the privateers if that happens lol
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2008 4:24pm
Interesting. I wonder how it affects the GP riders who have elected not to do Supercross and would have to put the GP series off until Supercross ends, at least as I read the FIM guy's thoughts. He seems to want SX and GP's to mesh like SX and the Nationals do now, one after the other. You'd be looking at no outdoor pro motocross until June anywhere.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2008 4:30pm
If you read that article and the earlier piece in that issue with the same guy about the FIM's concerns with the AMA, you get the feeling that the FIM is planning to simply disregard the AMA altogether in addressing racing in the US.

The Shop

KAWboy14
8/6/2008 4:38pm
If you read that article and the earlier piece in that issue with the same guy about the FIM's concerns with the AMA, you get the...
If you read that article and the earlier piece in that issue with the same guy about the FIM's concerns with the AMA, you get the feeling that the FIM is planning to simply disregard the AMA altogether in addressing racing in the US.
now you know why TFS has been positioning himself........

its been obvious they have disregarded the ama, when they positioned themselves in the position they did with LN
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2008 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:55pm
Except that Steve despises LN as much, if not more, than DC. Unless Dorna, who has the World SX rights (not YS) runs it or sells its rights in some deal that takes both it and LN out

Running it up the flag pole at the OEM's in Japan is just asking them to rob peter to pay paul. It's not like they're going to cough up more money for dirt bike racing; if the FIM wants to take SX worldwide and make it MotoGP for dirt bikes, it's going to cost both outdoor series.

Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad, maybe it's a miscalculation and actually presents an opportunity here.
BobbyM
8/6/2008 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2008 4:55pm
If you read that article and the earlier piece in that issue with the same guy about the FIM's concerns with the AMA, you get the...
KAWboy14 wrote:
now you know why TFS has been positioning himself........ its been obvious they have disregarded the ama, when they positioned themselves in the position they did...

its been obvious they have disregarded the ama, when they positioned themselves in the position they did with LN
TFS said adding more rounds and going global for sx was stupid and wouldn't happen. what side was he on back then?

i am old school and would love to see a real world championship too. bring back the prestige of old world mx and possibly expand it to sx sounds like a great goal.
KAWboy14
8/6/2008 4:56pm
Except that Steve despises LN as much, if not more, than DC. Unless Dorna, who has the World SX rights (not YS) runs it or sells...
Except that Steve despises LN as much, if not more, than DC. Unless Dorna, who has the World SX rights (not YS) runs it or sells its rights in some deal that takes both it and LN out

Running it up the flag pole at the OEM's in Japan is just asking them to rob peter to pay paul. It's not like they're going to cough up more money for dirt bike racing; if the FIM wants to take SX worldwide and make it MotoGP for dirt bikes, it's going to cost both outdoor series.

Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad, maybe it's a miscalculation and actually presents an opportunity here.
i thought steve was always in bed more with LN than the ama?

to me the thing thats good is competition......if i'm wrong then i'm wrong but when LN thought Jam was on its way.....they made many changes to "prove" they were the better series.
KAWboy14
8/6/2008 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2008 4:57pm
KAWboy14
8/6/2008 4:57pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
now you know why TFS has been positioning himself........ its been obvious they have disregarded the ama, when they positioned themselves in the position they did...

BobbyM wrote:
TFS said adding more rounds and going global for sx was stupid and wouldn't happen. what side was he on back then? i am old school...
TFS said adding more rounds and going global for sx was stupid and wouldn't happen. what side was he on back then?

i am old school and would love to see a real world championship too. bring back the prestige of old world mx and possibly expand it to sx sounds like a great goal.
dude TFS doesnt know what he wants.....all he knows is he is hungry!
Pdub
8/6/2008 5:08pm
KAWboy14 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
TFS said adding more rounds and going global for sx was stupid and wouldn't happen. what side was he on back then? i am old school...

I'm with you, Bobby. I'd love to see all the best riders in the world in the same series, as long as I can drive to at least one of the races!
Slow ~ Pro
8/6/2008 5:21pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
the ama outdoors will soon suffer the fate that the Gold Cup and Winter Am's did back in their day! UNLESS: they sweeten the purses by...
the ama outdoors will soon suffer the fate that the Gold Cup and Winter Am's did back in their day!

UNLESS: they sweeten the purses by gigantic proportions and that might not help!
Purse money, has nothing to do with the turn out of racing Motocross.

Do you ride only for money ?

The only people crying about purse money, are the guys that can't make the top 20.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2008 5:44pm
"to me the thing thats good is competition......"

I agree. I think in the long run it's a good thing that YS sets up an office here and tries to run some races. It'll be better for the fans and the racers, I think, if the people putting on races have to push each other. It's the principle reason I did not want YS to take over the nationals. And why would they want to do that when they already have the rights to do the GP's anywhere in the world? That's one helluva franchise. There's no reason why YS can't dominate Supercross and the Nationals if they wanted to.

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2008 5:47pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
the ama outdoors will soon suffer the fate that the Gold Cup and Winter Am's did back in their day! UNLESS: they sweeten the purses by...

Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Purse money, has nothing to do with the turn out of racing Motocross. Do you ride only for money ? The only people crying about purse...

The only people crying about purse money, are the guys that can't make the top 20.
Disagree -- the emphasis in Scott's post is on "gigantic." Talent follows the money, and attention follows the talent, and sponsorship money follows the attention, and talent follows the money . . .
Sondy132001
8/6/2008 6:03pm
Disagree -- the emphasis in Scott's post is on "gigantic." Talent follows the money, and attention follows the talent, and sponsorship money follows the attention, and...
Disagree -- the emphasis in Scott's post is on "gigantic." Talent follows the money, and attention follows the talent, and sponsorship money follows the attention, and talent follows the money . . .
Exactly it's a business, it's all about the mighty dollar ! ok throw in TV too !!

S
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/6/2008 6:13pm
Money may not buy love or happiness, but it solves all business problems where you have to bid against someone.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/6/2008 6:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2008 7:06pm
Stickied as the thread of the day.

Even back when Amp'd Mobile was the primary sponsor of the series, LN had said that they want to expand globally.

Will the talent pool change much? I wouldn't think that it would much, and especially not immediately. You'd have the same pool of SX1 guys that we already have here, plus the imports that we've already had.

Is this for SX1 only? What about SX2? Does that get full World Championship status as well? Or is it (as Steve Whitelock called it a while back) a "development series."

I think it'd be different in the SX2 class...you have to work the global talent up through the system. Would we have to change the East/West series that it currently is, to a North/South (hemisphere)?
WORCSRacer
8/6/2008 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:56pm
The FIM is going for the control of everything like the UCI did to Bicycle racing. Its a bad plan.

The AMA did about the only thing they could have done get rid of the series and give it to the people who are positioned to fight back, DMG and the NPG. The US Distributors are not just idle by standers and the Japanese will do what they asked to do not the other way around. Over 50% of all dirt bikes are sold here in the USA and everyone knows this is where the best riders are. Why would they move off these shores? If and it is a big if Stewart were to sign a WSX contract only and left the Outdoors, would that help or hurt the series? IMO, it would be awesome because its damn boring now. Bring on WSX it will end up bankrupting LN/Youthstream.

Larry
8/6/2008 7:29pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
i thought steve was always in bed more with LN than the ama? to me the thing thats good is competition......if i'm wrong then i'm wrong...
i thought steve was always in bed more with LN than the ama?

to me the thing thats good is competition......if i'm wrong then i'm wrong but when LN thought Jam was on its way.....they made many changes to "prove" they were the better series.
Being in bed with LN is like lying down with a rattle snake. The only thing you can count on is getting bit.
KAWboy14
8/6/2008 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2008 7:39pm
KAWboy14 wrote:

Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Purse money, has nothing to do with the turn out of racing Motocross. Do you ride only for money ? The only people crying about purse...

Disagree -- the emphasis in Scott's post is on "gigantic." Talent follows the money, and attention follows the talent, and sponsorship money follows the attention, and...
.....and nobody invests in a turd, so they will polish it, refine it, make it entertaining and pound the competition into the dirt! or disappear.
ProMed
8/6/2008 8:07pm
Hell yeah, I am all for a TRUE World SX Championship.
8/6/2008 8:25pm
I am all for it. We need a true World Championship with all the riders around the world.
Bronson905
Fantasy
503rd
8/6/2008 9:25pm
i think that this is a stupid idea. just keep the ama supercross here in the u.s. i dont think many factory teams will be down for it and im sure no privateers will do it.
Mod Killer
8/6/2008 10:27pm
explain to me why ''true privateers'' belong in any world championship series?

u want privateers go watch local races.

I'm all for a true world championship. whether sx is considered real mx is always up for debate.

we already have the mxgp's as the true world title. but unfortunately its the ''world title'' in name only.

a hybrid series of mx/sx would be the best solution we can hope for. it will bring mx to the same spotlight sx gets, and in the end, true fans will gravitate towards mx and maybe down the road it will win out.

the ama outdoors series will automatically be the premier u.s. series by default no? I so, its a win win for everyone.
8/7/2008 2:04am
Youthstream, the company that runs the FIM World Motocross and Supermoto Championship Series, announced at a press conference before the start of the Belgian Grand Prix of Motocross, that they have opened a new division of the company, called Youthstream USA, with new offices located in the high tech business center area of Irvine in Southern California.

Youthstream USA has been formed to expand Youthstream's worldwide operations, and bring world-class events to the USA and other markets. This includes future Motocross and Supermoto Grand Prix events, and the prestigious Motocross of Nations.

This announcement follows the statement made in Beverly Hills, California, in January, by Youthstream President Giuseppe Luongo for Youthstream to establish a presence in the United States. Mr. Luongo made the announcement of the new Youthstream USA offices in front of the worldwide media in attendance for the Grand Prix of Belgium in Lommel.

In his announcement, he named Mr. Mario Marini as the Youthstream USA General Manager. Mr. Marini has extensive experience in many aspects of motorsports promotion, and has been involved intensively in the USA motocross and supercross business since 1992.

Mr. Luongo went on to say "Today Youthstream is making another important step forward, as we are officially starting our operations in the United States from our new offices in Irvine, California.

"Mr. Mario Marini will be our General Manager in the US at Youthstream USA, and will take a full-time position with us. With Yousthstream USA we are extending the Youthstream philosophy, spirit, and knowledge of how we run motocross worldwide into the USA.

"This is another step into making the FIM MXGPs become the world's number one off-road sport."

Mr. Marini added, "Over the past few months, we have been working continuously, and have met with all the manufacturers and key industry personnel in the USA, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.

"This is the right time for this project. Youthstream brings a global vision, energy, and fresh ideas that are truly needed for the sport to achieve mainstream status, and provide growth and opportunity for everyone involved.

"Youthstream USA will also support Youthstream's extension of the FIM Motocross World Championship over the next few years to other key markets such as Asia, Oceania and South America."

From www.mxlarge.com
8/7/2008 2:05am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2008 2:05am
GuyB wrote:
Stickied as the thread of the day.Even back when Amp'd Mobile was the primary sponsor of the series, LN had said that they want to expand...

Even back when Amp'd Mobile was the primary sponsor of the series, LN had said that they want to expand globally.

Will the talent pool change much? I wouldn't think that it would much, and especially not immediately. You'd have the same pool of SX1 guys that we already have here, plus the imports that we've already had.

Is this for SX1 only? What about SX2? Does that get full World Championship status as well? Or is it (as Steve Whitelock called it a while back) a "development series."

I think it'd be different in the SX2 class...you have to work the global talent up through the system. Would we have to change the East/West series that it currently is, to a North/South (hemisphere)?
Northen Hemisphere, smokes those lilly Southern Hemisphere chumps!!!
Whitey
8/7/2008 3:57am
GuyB wrote:
Stickied as the thread of the day.Even back when Amp'd Mobile was the primary sponsor of the series, LN had said that they want to expand...

Northen Hemisphere, smokes those lilly Southern Hemisphere chumps!!!
Haha and what Hemisphere does the current SX Champ come from??? You do know Australia is down south right? Just helping incase you didnt.

I, like most here would love to see a true world champion, but at what cost are we going to pay for this????
dano
8/7/2008 5:49am
Money may not buy love or happiness, but it solves all business problems where you have to bid against someone.
Im guessing you never picked up some coke and a couple hookers.
jndmx
8/7/2008 6:25am
dano wrote:
Im guessing you never picked up some coke and a couple hookers.
My grandfather always used to say;
"Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you a boat big enough to sail up alongside happiness and take a good long look."

Post a reply to: Future of World SX

The Latest