Future for Shane McElrath

thorns
Anyone have any ideas where he lands in the future for 450s?

Always hear everyone talking about Forkner/Ciancarulo/Plessinger and so on are already lined up for a 450 ride for Team XYZ, but Shane always seems to fly under the radar a bit even though he is pretty solid and his results are pretty impressive.

I've given up trying to work out who has to step up from 250 to 450, but believe he might have another year in 250s?
Does he slot straight into the KTM Red Bull 450 program, or is he more likely to find himself at a second tier 450 team?
|
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/29/2018 6:40pm
He has at least another year of eligibility in 250s.

But he could end up on Redbull KTM in the future. His Supercross resume is growing, I think Roger wants to see more outdoors, Shane has had flashes of brilliance outdoors and it’s only a matter of time.

So far though no one has matriculated from TLD KTM to Factory Redbull KTM. TLD is the factory 250 effort so I’m sure KTM is waiting for that talent pool to develop a future 450 racer. Jessy Nelson would have been the first graduate until his racing career was cut short.
level
4/29/2018 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 7:04pm
Shane is way way under rated. They don’t give him the respect and media attention like the others. So bummed he almost had this championship in the bag. He reminds me of dungey.
Jesse Nelson was the other golden boy that was underrated also and hate what happened to him.
hamncheeze
4/29/2018 7:06pm
Shane will have another year of eligibility on the 250. He does need to show a bit more outdoors, but he's a great SX racer.
4/29/2018 7:06pm
level wrote:
Shane is way way under rated. They don’t give him the respect and media attention like the others. So bummed he almost had this championship in...
Shane is way way under rated. They don’t give him the respect and media attention like the others. So bummed he almost had this championship in the bag. He reminds me of dungey.
Jesse Nelson was the other golden boy that was underrated also and hate what happened to him.
I wonder how Jesse is doing? Haven't heard anything in a bit.

The Shop

Sully
4/29/2018 7:30pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Shane will have another year of eligibility on the 250. He does need to show a bit more outdoors, but he's a great SX racer.
I'm kind of wondering if that crash at Southwick in '16 didn't do a number on his outdoor confidence. He was going so damn fast when that happened, that I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did.
thorns
4/29/2018 7:43pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Sully wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if that crash at Southwick in '16 didn't do a number on his outdoor confidence. He was going so damn fast when...
I'm kind of wondering if that crash at Southwick in '16 didn't do a number on his outdoor confidence. He was going so damn fast when that happened, that I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did.
Forgot about that crash, just youtubed it and man that was nasty alright.

Hopefully he can get back up to speed and build some solid results this outdoors, would be such a good pickup if he can match his outdoors pace with his indoors pace.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
4/29/2018 8:33pm
Would be a great to see him at RM KTM with Baggett. I think he will surprise some on the 450.
racerx317
4/29/2018 9:59pm
Shane has always been a better 450 rider... someone will be wise to pick him up. I’m sure 1 more year on 250s and then hopefully he’ll score a 450 ride. Solid rider.
Question
4/30/2018 5:49am
From the gopros and rides in 250 I have seen this year, he looks the most in control. He picks up nice lines, does few mistakes and doesn't seem to overide at all. That is why I think he could do very well in 450, while at the same time staying healthy. I hope he gets his feet wet at the Monster Cup.

There is a big if though : Outdoor it would help him to show he is top 3 top 5 material, because he reminds me a lot of Seely or Anderson results wise when they were the 250 class. That also shows results can be turned around.
kb228
4/30/2018 5:52am
I think hes not ready for a 450 ride. If he does get one id assume its a support rider under RM ktm or redbull ktm.
mx295
4/30/2018 9:06am
level wrote:
Shane is way way under rated. They don’t give him the respect and media attention like the others. So bummed he almost had this championship in...
I wonder how Jesse is doing? Haven't heard anything in a bit.
From what it looks like on his Instagram he hooked up with Polaris and will be racing side by sides.

Post a reply to: Future for Shane McElrath

The Latest