Future Of St. Louis SX

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2015 7:08 PM

It's not looking good for the future in St. Louis as far as SX goes. With the Rams looking to be headed to Los Angeles, I don't see the SX staying there. Typically, when no major sports are at a venue, all other events there typically die out. It would be unfortunate since it's the only SX near by for many people west of St. Louis. The riders love the dirt, and it has produced some of the best racing since the opener in 96. What do you guys think the future holds? Anyone in the know hear any rumors about it?

|

1/5/2015 7:12 PM

I didn't know the rams are leaving. That would suck for us KC folks to have to drive to Dallas.

|

1/5/2015 7:13 PM

Especially when you see the ticket prices for Dallas they are ridiculous.

|

1/5/2015 7:13 PM

Replace it will Miller Park...for an April race. Just think of the kick ass tailgating!

|

1/5/2015 7:15 PM

This year, we are more concerned about the "protesters" in St. Louis. It may be totally blown over by March, but maybe not also. They've got at least one idiot politician that apparently doesn't want it to die and keeps making inflammatory statements.

|

1/5/2015 7:15 PM

F it! Lets just fill Arrow head with dirt!!tongue

|

1/5/2015 7:20 PM

I don't see why they couldn't do one in Arrowhead or Kauffman if it was later in the schedule.

|

1/5/2015 7:21 PM

crusher773 wrote:

I don't see why they couldn't do one in Arrowhead or Kauffman if it was later in the schedule.

Probably because six people would show up.

|

1/5/2015 7:21 PM

look out below wrote:

It's been there before.

|

1/5/2015 7:22 PM

look out below wrote:

rmgsxr wrote:

It's been there before.

That was long before my time

|

1/5/2015 7:36 PM

plynn41 wrote:

This year, we are more concerned about the "protesters" in St. Louis. It may be totally blown over by March, but maybe not ...more

Agreed! That's what I was wondering about. I wouldn't be to pumped to head down to the stadium if I lived there.

|

1/5/2015 7:38 PM

ST Louis race is not going anywhere, in fact if the Lambs leave in 2016, like everyone in STL hopes they do, the stadium will still be there and with no team playing, I would bet they would actually try to get more events in the Dome, not less.

The jerk off who owns the Rams plays this stupid game to get cities to spend billions building him stadiums. Everyone here is tired of it and there has been a committee in place for at least 3 years now to bring another team to STL.

|

1/5/2015 7:38 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Replace it will Miller Park...for an April race. Just think of the kick ass tailgating!

a big wig from Feld (clear channel at the time) told me in '04 that there would be a race in Miller within the next few years.
so I guess it's not looking good.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

1/5/2015 8:09 PM

look out below wrote:

rmgsxr wrote:

It's been there before.

How was the dirt in Arrowhead?

|

1/6/2015 9:47 AM

We have been wondering about going to STL too with all the crap. I would think that KC would pull just as much as STL. The hardcore people from STL would likely still go. They would pull more from over here I bet it would still be a pretty good turn out.

|

1/6/2015 9:54 AM

Don't think KC has the fan base. In STL and the illinois crowd would just go to Indy. Personally. I could almost make it to Atlanta before KC

|

1/6/2015 9:59 AM

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

1/6/2015 11:42 AM

crusher773 wrote:

We have been wondering about going to STL too with all the crap. I would think that KC would pull just as much as STL. The ...more

I would much rather go to KC than St. Louis. Not only because it's closer, but a better city IMO.

|

1/6/2015 12:13 PM

We can give the Saint Lou round to the "new" stadium in LA. ("Ingelwood up to no good") cool

|

"Welcome to Southern California......the mecca of motocross racing." ~ Jason Wiegant

1/6/2015 12:46 PM

Busch Stadium would be sick for it...Might not happen that close to Cards season though..

|

1/6/2015 3:23 PM

SKlein wrote:

Go into the new Vikings stadium when that's finished
[LINK TO IMAGE].
Source:
...more

That is what will happen. Good for me, 4 hours drive vs 7 hour smile

|

1/6/2015 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2015 3:39 PM

They'll probably move it to the new L.A stadium the Rams will be moving to and just have another race in California.

Photo

|

1/6/2015 3:42 PM

Hey wait a minute!!! How about the Rams leave and STL picks up one of the Anaheim rounds, they have too many anyway. We will trade one football team for one supercross. A STL double header, We have real fireworks. wink

|

1/6/2015 4:06 PM

Steakhead wrote:

Busch Stadium would be sick for it...Might not happen that close to Cards season though..

If it's a later/warmer round in the series that would be nucking fawesome..

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/6/2015 4:06 PM

Steakhead wrote:

If it's a later/warmer round in the series that would be nucking fawesome..

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/6/2015 4:11 PM

I know it's a bit of a drive but, SX is returning to Minneapolis in 2017 when the new stadium opens up.
SKOL

|

Long Live the 2 Stroke!

1/6/2015 4:18 PM

No way Busch Stadium lets anything touch the field. It would be baseball season by the time it was warm enough anyway

|

1/6/2015 5:07 PM

The last thing supercross needs in another fucking race in CA. There are already 5-6 of them!

|

1/6/2015 6:27 PM

SKlein wrote:

Go into the new Vikings stadium when that's finished
[LINK TO IMAGE].
Source:
...more

They forgot the start straight lol....

|

1/6/2015 6:30 PM

Rdubs19 wrote:

They forgot the start straight lol....