Fused Ankle- Footpegs

TractionMX
Not sure if this was a topic in the past or not but figured I would share! I recently started riding again after a few ankle surgery's which ended up in a fused ankle "no up and down motion on my shift foot" Spent almost 5 years off of a bike building the business.. Recently bought a new YZ450F and started motoing again, I can shift OK but shift foot blows right off my peg in any big braking bumps, Chatter or whoops. Doesn't matter how hard you squeeze bike. Well I just bought a set of pivot foot pegs and only installed the one on the left side of bike. Unbelievable difference in riding now because ankle/foot can move with the bike a little bit now! ANY OF YOU GUYS with a fused ankle that have no up and down motion I urge you to try it! Game Changer for me less pain and more control now especially having the ball of foot being able to stay on peg instead of just the edge of boot contacting edge of peg when you up over the bike.
|
yzken250x
6/7/2020 8:46am
Had my ankle fused for 20 years and just had a full ankle replacement 18 months ago. My riding days are over. The replaced ankle can’t take the pounding. Not even supposed to run with it. Glad you can keep riding. Good luck man .
snape99
6/7/2020 9:51am
Those footpegs sound good, my right ankle is completely fused , zero movement.
And with the ankle replacement, I was thinking of having it done, but I haven’t got any pain , and can ride moto without limits, except using rear brake a bit differently. I’ll wait for a few more years
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
6/7/2020 10:04am
My right ankle is not fused but due to a bad tib fib fracture I have little movement. So riding off the balls of my feet doesn’t happen and braking can be difficult for me at times. I should look into these.
segers
Fantasy
2294th
6/7/2020 10:23am
Thx,Gonna try it after coronatime 👍

The Shop

yzken250x
6/13/2020 8:54pm
snape99 wrote:
Those footpegs sound good, my right ankle is completely fused , zero movement. And with the ankle replacement, I was thinking of having it done, but...
And with the ankle replacement, I was thinking of having it done, but I haven’t got any pain , and can ride moto without limits, except using rear brake a bit differently. I’ll wait for a few more years
Don’t expect to get anymore movement out of an ankle replacement. Mine was fused for 20 years before my ankle replacement. Riding and running is over. The ankle replacement can’t take that pounding. So think twice before you move forward.
OG725
6/14/2020 8:57am
snape99 wrote:
Those footpegs sound good, my right ankle is completely fused , zero movement. And with the ankle replacement, I was thinking of having it done, but...
yzken250x wrote:
Don’t expect to get anymore movement out of an ankle replacement. Mine was fused for 20 years before my ankle replacement. Riding and running is over...
Don’t expect to get anymore movement out of an ankle replacement. Mine was fused for 20 years before my ankle replacement. Riding and running is over. The ankle replacement can’t take that pounding. So think twice before you move forward.
What good is the replacement then, seriously? I’ve got a non-fused, should’ve been fused ankle. They tell me with the fusion, I wouldn’t have the day to day pain.

Post a reply to: Fused Ankle- Footpegs

The Latest