Full race coverage..?

mxtryon231
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:16am
I am thankful that MX has "made it" to NBC, but why do we only get the second motos and get a crock or a highlight from the first moto? I am fully aware that the first motos are online, and archived as well..but the reason I DVR the races is because I am not able to sit by a computer every saturday at the exact time of the races. It is annoying to have to go watch moto one on a computer and then set aside time to watch my recording on the TV. Say what you will, but we need both motos..

/end rant

Happy Fourth of July
|
DC
7/4/2010 5:48am
I wish I could figure a way out to get both live on TV, but when one the first one starts at 1 pm and the second at 3:30, and the motos are maybe 35 minutes, that leaves a nearly two-hour halftime. And it makes the time on TV well over three hours, which is ridiculously expensive. If we want live TV right now or event same-day, this is the best we can do. But as TV production costs come down and the growth of online viewing goes up, it will happen sooner or later. Motocross, with two motos, and a long time in between motos, just doesn't work as easily as SX or a one-hour road race does on TV.

So we have the inconvenience of switching channels or platforms in the middle of the day, but it's still a heckuva lot better than it ever was for outdoor moto. Obviously we still have a long way to go, point taken for sure.

DC
MX Sports
jamma10
7/4/2010 5:54am
I dont understand why the 250 class is not given more recognition? Broadcasting two 250 and 450 races back to back would negate the gap inbetween. I'm probably being very naive, but wouldn't a few motorcycle based companies be interested by placing some advertising before, during and after the races to help you out?
SteveS
7/4/2010 5:58am
Seems like the first moto could be taped and then the show put together from 3 pm-4:30 pm or something thereabouts.
bobby397
7/4/2010 6:06am
SteveS wrote:
Seems like the first moto could be taped and then the show put together from 3 pm-4:30 pm or something thereabouts.
good point

The Shop

DC
7/4/2010 6:07am
TV networks don't like that idea of showing some content live and free before airing it, so that scenario would likely mean we couldn't show the first motos online. But the 250450 moto two set is what we are after moving forward. When they show same-day or live back-to-back in a two-hour block (which will be tight) we will be better off, and I believe that's coming soon.

DC
MX Coombs
davis224
Fantasy
138th
7/4/2010 6:20am
I'd rather have the first moto taped and broadcast in its entirety than it streaming online. I haven't seen one first moto besides a few glimpses as I walk past a computer at work this year.
MrMJS
7/4/2010 6:36am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2010 6:37am
DC wrote:
I wish I could figure a way out to get both live on TV, but when one the first one starts at 1 pm and the...
I wish I could figure a way out to get both live on TV, but when one the first one starts at 1 pm and the second at 3:30, and the motos are maybe 35 minutes, that leaves a nearly two-hour halftime. And it makes the time on TV well over three hours, which is ridiculously expensive. If we want live TV right now or event same-day, this is the best we can do. But as TV production costs come down and the growth of online viewing goes up, it will happen sooner or later. Motocross, with two motos, and a long time in between motos, just doesn't work as easily as SX or a one-hour road race does on TV.

So we have the inconvenience of switching channels or platforms in the middle of the day, but it's still a heckuva lot better than it ever was for outdoor moto. Obviously we still have a long way to go, point taken for sure.

DC
MX Sports
Seems to me for LIVE MX to really work on TV there needs to be a change in the format. What that change is I do not know, I'm sure it has been discussed... Maybe each class gets one 45 minute moto or something????

mxtryon231
7/4/2010 10:38am
Thanks for shedding some light on the subject Mr. Coombs. I am thankful for the progression the sport has been showing these past couple seasons! I would trade in the "live" tv for a recorded 1st moto mashed together with the second all in the same day. Having "live" TV seems to only make things more stressful for the crew. Either way, it is what it is and we all love moto!

Post a reply to: Full race coverage..?

The Latest