Jmart

Kyle_McNab
6/24/2018 8:06am
It was an accident but your smoking crack if you don’t think cooper cross jumping caused that. He stayed left as much as he could. Shit luck for him these last two weeks he was gonna go on a run and now mxon out of the cards now
hititpind
6/24/2018 8:51am
That was scary. Glad he's going to be able to walk
6/24/2018 10:17am
Everyone saying it was a cross jump....I highly doubt you guys have raced at a high level. Being in traffic like that is chaotic at best. Watch the Garmin footage. Martin did NOT stay as far left as he could, and that's totally fine other than Cooper also moved slightly left making this the over-used but usually correct "racing incident."
You idiots screaming cross jump need to stay in that perfect world you live in and be careful watching any more moto because if you actually pay attention to where these guys take off and land on every jump, they "cross jump" every damn time.
This was an unfortunate accident which was NOT due to anyone doing anything wrong.

The Shop

scootch
6/25/2018 10:53am
Looks to me like Jmart drifted into Cooper more than Cooper drifted into Jmart. That said, this was a racing accident. Period. Neither is to blame.

6/25/2018 10:57am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
It was an accident but your smoking crack if you don’t think cooper cross jumping caused that. He stayed left as much as he could. Shit...
It was an accident but your smoking crack if you don’t think cooper cross jumping caused that. He stayed left as much as he could. Shit luck for him these last two weeks he was gonna go on a run and now mxon out of the cards now
Watching jmarts go pro, I was surprised he didn't stay more left, just out of precaution. From what I watched, there weren't any massive line changes by cooper, maybe he drifted but you'd think Jmart would adjust accordingly. Disgusting to see either way, no doubt!

Love Jeremy, represents the sport with the utmost integrity!
scootch
6/25/2018 10:59am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
It was an accident but your smoking crack if you don’t think cooper cross jumping caused that. He stayed left as much as he could. Shit...
Watching jmarts go pro, I was surprised he didn't stay more left, just out of precaution. From what I watched, there weren't any massive line changes...
Watching jmarts go pro, I was surprised he didn't stay more left, just out of precaution. From what I watched, there weren't any massive line changes by cooper, maybe he drifted but you'd think Jmart would adjust accordingly. Disgusting to see either way, no doubt!

Watch the video i linked to above. It's from directly behind the jump.
6/25/2018 11:09am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2018 11:11am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Watching jmarts go pro, I was surprised he didn't stay more left, just out of precaution. From what I watched, there weren't any massive line changes...

scootch wrote:
Thanks for that. Although, I don't think cooper moved any more left, than martin did right. It looked very slight in my opinion. Jmarts whip didn't help.. Regardless, I'm not looking to point blame. If they're good with a "racing incident" so am I..

But damn, that was scary to watch...
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
6/25/2018 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2018 2:44pm
swatdoc wrote:
Unless you can ride with an airbag or 2 feet of absorbent foam on your butt, there really is no protective gear that will prevent a...
Unless you can ride with an airbag or 2 feet of absorbent foam on your butt, there really is no protective gear that will prevent a vertebral burst fracture. It's caused by excessive "axial loading" - basically the force is going straight up your spine - usually from landing on your butt. There just isn't anything other than a few inches (more for some) of fat and muscle to absorb some of the impact. In Doug's case, he didn't land directly on his butt - he was still on his bike - but once the suspension bottomed out, his bike became almost as solid as the ground - hence the same type of injury. It's just a risk we take. Fortunately with most of our crashes, we can either absorb some of the impact with our legs, or we can roll with the impact to spread it out a bit.
I’ll just leave this here....I’ve posted it multiple times in the past. We are indefinitely nearing the point that this technology being reappropriated for Moto is...
I’ll just leave this here....I’ve posted it multiple times in the past. We are indefinitely nearing the point that this technology being reappropriated for Moto is necessary IMO

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKeqmjAzv9E

TXDirt wrote:
He didn't hurt his head. So what good would this have done. Helmet technology has made more advances in the last 5 years then in all...
He didn't hurt his head. So what good would this have done. Helmet technology has made more advances in the last 5 years then in all of the previous 30 years.
It’s an airbag capable of being used for a multiple body parts. Neck and spine specifically
6/25/2018 3:45pm
scootch wrote:
Looks to me like Jmart drifted into Cooper more than Cooper drifted into Jmart. That said, this was a racing accident. Period. Neither is to blame...
Looks to me like Jmart drifted into Cooper more than Cooper drifted into Jmart. That said, this was a racing accident. Period. Neither is to blame.

I'm not sure how you even see that. If you look at Cooper at :04 and then where he is when they collide....
Kyle_McNab
6/25/2018 4:06pm
Kyle_McNab wrote:

scootch wrote:
I saw that many times ... I’m just bummed for him
6/25/2018 4:14pm
I’ll just leave this here....I’ve posted it multiple times in the past. We are indefinitely nearing the point that this technology being reappropriated for Moto is...
I’ll just leave this here....I’ve posted it multiple times in the past. We are indefinitely nearing the point that this technology being reappropriated for Moto is necessary IMO

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKeqmjAzv9E

TXDirt wrote:
He didn't hurt his head. So what good would this have done. Helmet technology has made more advances in the last 5 years then in all...
He didn't hurt his head. So what good would this have done. Helmet technology has made more advances in the last 5 years then in all of the previous 30 years.
It’s an airbag capable of being used for a multiple body parts. Neck and spine specifically
I thought about something like avalanche tech - along the spine neck butt area - which is similar to the Swedish helmet but to translate to motocross you’d need someway of automating it - I think I’ve got it figured out actually - a tether to the bike that causes deployment - and yes if you washout as Amart did Saturday it would deploy - but if you’re a practice rider that needed to work on Monday and you come off the bike and it deploys and actually helps why would you care? Have to make it easily repackable and light as well
tempura
6/25/2018 5:43pm
There doesn’t have to be any blame in this incident. It just happens in racing from time to time, they were all tightly packed coming into that section.
Let’s hope Jmart has a successful surgery. This sport sure can be brutal and the price to pay for incidents can be great.
BigMX
6/25/2018 8:00pm
TXDirt wrote:
I thought about something like avalanche tech - along the spine neck butt area - which is similar to the Swedish helmet but to translate to...
I thought about something like avalanche tech - along the spine neck butt area - which is similar to the Swedish helmet but to translate to motocross you’d need someway of automating it - I think I’ve got it figured out actually - a tether to the bike that causes deployment - and yes if you washout as Amart did Saturday it would deploy - but if you’re a practice rider that needed to work on Monday and you come off the bike and it deploys and actually helps why would you care? Have to make it easily repackable and light as well
A similar technology already exists. The leathers that MotoGP riders wear have air bags in them. They’ve been around a few years. I haven’t been watching MotoGP much lately, so not sure how far the technology has advanced in the last couple of years, but I know they have the air bags in the shoulder area for sure. Maybe other areas by now. It’s controlled by a computer the uses several data points to determine when you are actually crashing. In the early stages of development, they often inflated when a rider was about to crash but somehow saved it. They have refined the algorithms enough that they don’t deploy until you are about to hit the ground. It’s remarkable technology. It could possibly be adapted to moto, but would add bulk and weight. Riders don’t even want to wear a neck brace or chest protector, so not sure they would ever consider something like this.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
6/25/2018 8:38pm
I thought about something like avalanche tech - along the spine neck butt area - which is similar to the Swedish helmet but to translate to...
BigMX wrote:
A similar technology already exists. The leathers that MotoGP riders wear have air bags in them. They’ve been around a few years. I haven’t been watching...
A similar technology already exists. The leathers that MotoGP riders wear have air bags in them. They’ve been around a few years. I haven’t been watching MotoGP much lately, so not sure how far the technology has advanced in the last couple of years, but I know they have the air bags in the shoulder area for sure. Maybe other areas by now. It’s controlled by a computer the uses several data points to determine when you are actually crashing. In the early stages of development, they often inflated when a rider was about to crash but somehow saved it. They have refined the algorithms enough that they don’t deploy until you are about to hit the ground. It’s remarkable technology. It could possibly be adapted to moto, but would add bulk and weight. Riders don’t even want to wear a neck brace or chest protector, so not sure they would ever consider something like this.
Yes
milliebays
6/25/2018 8:52pm
scootch wrote:
Looks to me like Jmart drifted into Cooper more than Cooper drifted into Jmart. That said, this was a racing accident. Period. Neither is to blame...

75/25 jmart/jcoop?

hard to admit b/c you would expect maybe the opposite if anything.
slipdog
6/25/2018 9:53pm
^^Looks like Cooper drifted into Martin to me.
VRR7
6/26/2018 10:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2018 10:17pm
VRR7 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/24/270034/s1200_jmart.jpg[/img] Cooper way sideways https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Cross-Jumping,1304250
Question wrote:
Please rewatch it again: Cooper moved 50 cm left when JMart moves almost 1 meter right. It is a racing incident and I am really bummed...
Please rewatch it again:
Cooper moved 50 cm left when JMart moves almost 1 meter right. It is a racing incident and I am really bummed for JMart, but it is also necessary to stay fair and not throw someone under the bus especially if it is not justified.
Watched it again Cooper came from the extreme right hand side of the track almost lost it as his direction change was so extreme . Jmart was always on the inside line and followed the rut . Law of physics with regards to projectiles dictates coopers energy was from right to left and jmart was pretty much in a straight line apart from his crossed up fender which is deceiving. As can be seen Cooper whole bike is about 20 degrees to the left of directly forward and only Jmarts fender was pointing 20 degrees to the right not the whole bike -
That been said - IMO it was a racing incident Cooper was not intentional in crossing over in front of Jmart it was a function of his mistake in the corner before where he nearly lost it that made him drift hard left. Unlucky for Jeremy re Championship - Lucky for Jeremy as it could have been worse - Speedy recovery !
VRR7
6/26/2018 10:25pm
slipdog wrote:
^^Looks like Cooper drifted into Martin to me.

The actual drift !!!

Note which side of track plus the angle and direction of his drive and projection - This was an mistake/recovery by Cooper , I do not see it as intentional . IMO racing incident ..
VRR7
6/26/2018 10:40pm
scootch wrote:

I'm not sure how you even see that. If you look at Cooper at :04 and then where he is when they collide....
Yes Cooper went from extreme right of track to centre of the bottom of the table top to the left on top - Jmart was pretty much straight down the left. Cooper was out of control unfortunately for Jmart - Unfortunate racing incident.

tek14
6/26/2018 11:59pm
How can people still talk whos drifted more into others line... lets hear how Jmart is doing after surgery. Racing accident and hope both will make full recovery.
grunkster
6/27/2018 7:04am
yes waiting for an after surgery pic of him up and walking!!
mac3-d
6/27/2018 8:04am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2018 8:09am
L2 compression fracture snowboarding Feb 14th. I think I landed on coccyx , never experienced pain like it , thankfully after 30 mins very little pain , lay on back for 2 days, surgery was not recommended for me, corset measured 15th & fitted next day, then allowed to walk about.

12 weeks kept corset on now swimming to build up muscles in back, it's going to be long. I should be back to work September, that's 7 months.
I hope JM makes a full recovery he's a lot fitter & younger than me & most likely better treatment & rehab. My consultant didn't offer any physio just told me to go swimming or take a Pilates class.
mac3-d
6/27/2018 8:16am
We were this run 2 days before accident
Motoxdoc
6/27/2018 11:44am
VRR7 wrote:
Yes Cooper went from extreme right of track to centre of the bottom of the table top to the left on top - Jmart was pretty...
Yes Cooper went from extreme right of track to centre of the bottom of the table top to the left on top - Jmart was pretty much straight down the left. Cooper was out of control unfortunately for Jmart - Unfortunate racing incident.

"Cooper was out of control".....Going for a tear off, looking over to the left, all relaxed.....he looked to be in perfect control to me....right up until the collision.
7/2/2018 8:45pm
mac3-d wrote:
L2 compression fracture snowboarding Feb 14th. I think I landed on coccyx , never experienced pain like it , thankfully after 30 mins very little pain...
L2 compression fracture snowboarding Feb 14th. I think I landed on coccyx , never experienced pain like it , thankfully after 30 mins very little pain , lay on back for 2 days, surgery was not recommended for me, corset measured 15th & fitted next day, then allowed to walk about.

12 weeks kept corset on now swimming to build up muscles in back, it's going to be long. I should be back to work September, that's 7 months.
I hope JM makes a full recovery he's a lot fitter & younger than me & most likely better treatment & rehab. My consultant didn't offer any physio just told me to go swimming or take a Pilates class.
Thanks for sharing. That is a long long recovery, back to work in 7 months. All of our sports we love have risk.
Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
7/2/2018 8:52pm
mac3-d wrote:
L2 compression fracture snowboarding Feb 14th. I think I landed on coccyx , never experienced pain like it , thankfully after 30 mins very little pain...

My cousin was paralysed waist down due to wanting to be like Shawn White, really good too, she under rotated a backflip and crushed some of her vertebrae, now she's making the Olympic wheelchair basketball team. That tells you just not to give up.

Post a reply to: Jmart

The Latest