Fros focus

Related:
Create New Tag

2/13/2018 3:28 PM

He talks about focus here...laughing

|

2/13/2018 3:41 PM

BobbyM, you're a complete dickhead. Always have been, always will be.

|

2/13/2018 3:50 PM

wildbill wrote:

Wow-- a little harsh, no ?

|

2/13/2018 3:57 PM

wildbill wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:

Perhaps. And I still love him. wink

|

2/13/2018 4:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2018 4:12 PM

I don't even listen to them closely.......I'm not bothered by them at all, they are not much more than background noise to me. I don't care who's talking....I'm not really listening.

I consider myself a student of this sport even at 50 years old. I watch nothing but the racing from start to checkers through my DVR , and I spend a lot of time rewinding and looking at stuff again and again that interests me, then back to the race again. I can personally watch a racer rail a perfect corner at speed 10 times.

I've been doing this long enough that I don't need anyone to opine on,or tell me what is going on out on the track. I like to think I've been around long enough to know what I'm watching and why.

I do miss Bailey and how he used to comment when a rider did something really special and cool, he'd tell the audience to pay attention to the replay and explain how what was commented on was next level special. He had real enthusiasm that you can't fake. He sounded truly amazed when someone did something no one else did. IMO

|

2/13/2018 4:22 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

I remember Weedge saying that during the Nationals he and Langston each got in trouble for talking about things that weren't ...more

Bingo. We have no idea what Ralph and Fro are dealing with from the production masters. I can almost guarantee the big boys don't hand them a mic and tell them to, "let 'er rip fellas". Who here hasn't had a job that you knew could done better but the boss wants it done "his" way. My point is, maybe the fault isn't all theirs.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/13/2018 4:37 PM

GuyB wrote:

I see a lot of mental error in these threads. wink

Where'd that thread go with a chance for people to provide their own sample ...more

Sigh...Such a reoccurring popular topic, should have it's own forum for folks who want to complain about Fro, Ralph and Miss Supercross.

|

2/13/2018 4:41 PM

wildbill wrote:

I hope you didn't think you were insulting Bobby. You just confirmed his life goal and stroked his ego. You LOSE, sir.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/13/2018 4:42 PM

plowboy wrote:

Bingo. We have no idea what Ralph and Fro are dealing with from the production masters. I can almost guarantee the big boys ...more

If people didn't notice how sarcastic Fro sounded at Marv's take out attempt.....

I believe his stuttering gets worse when he has to think about what he has to say.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

2/13/2018 4:46 PM

mooch wrote:

Sigh...Such a reoccurring popular topic, should have it's own forum for folks who want to complain about Fro, Ralph and Miss ...more

Yeah. I actually asked Ralph if he'd be up for a Forum QNA, and he was all for it. Not sure it'd be worth subjecting him to the wolves.

|

2/13/2018 4:49 PM

wildbill wrote:

plowboy wrote:

I hope you didn't think you were insulting Bobby. You just confirmed his life goal and stroked his ego. You LOSE, sir.

I know. I saw him at Hangtown cruising by on a Honda 90, and I didn't even respond. wink

|

2/13/2018 5:00 PM

wildbill wrote:

OldPro277 wrote:

wildbill wrote:

Perhaps. And I still love him. wink

Wassup wild Bill?

|

2/13/2018 5:05 PM

GuyB wrote:

Yeah. I actually asked Ralph if he'd be up for a Forum QNA, and he was all for it. Not sure it'd be worth subjecting him to ...more

That's too bad. I know he loves the sport but I wouldn't want to put him in the position of defending himself by throwing his employer under the bus. He does seem pretty thick skinned though. If you or the other admins were quick to flush the real turds....he might be ok with "real" questions. It'd be interesting.

|

2/13/2018 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2018 5:16 PM

DownSouth wrote:

The most hilarious part of last weeks broadcast was when Marv ran it in on Anderson after the whoops on lap one and Emig ...more

That was ridiculous!!! I thought to myself, WTF race series have you been watching!!!!

Weege was off the hook on this exact incident during the race review podcast.

|

2/13/2018 5:21 PM

Why would Ralph want to deal with the shit show some of the poster bring here?

|

2/13/2018 5:29 PM

DownSouth wrote:

The most hilarious part of last weeks broadcast was when Marv ran it in on Anderson after the whoops on lap one and Emig ...more

BobKerr wrote:

That was ridiculous!!! I thought to myself, WTF race series have you been watching!!!!

Weege was off the hook on this exact ...more

Yeah I caught that too and had a similar reaction.

|

2/13/2018 6:01 PM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

This shit is getting old. Fro and Ralph do an excellent job making the sport relatable to new fans and casuals. Sorry they ...more

There is obviously a balance but appealing to the lowest common denominator isn't usually the best tactic. Hockey isn't as a big because it can be hard for a new fan to understand the game and the rules at such a fast pace. I don't hear the announcers explaining what icing and offsides is though. I do explain it to friends who watch it with me or go to the game when asked. I think when new fans and casuals are mentioned, we assume they are watching/attending with zero friends who know the sport at the most basic level, which is probably wrong 99% of the time.

As far as the Barcia deal goes, I'd rather hear Jeff say "I'm not sure what is going on, name off a few likely scenarios, let's see if we can get more info" and then have the sideline reporter do their job. That beats making up some dumb reason out of the blue and then having the entire viewership think Barcia is back to his old ways. Imagine a football game where a QB breaks a finger and then throws a couple interceptions and Joe Buck says "he must be losing focus".

Ralph always says "hang on" whenever there is a crash. It may make sense live when the outcome is unknown, but on a replay when you already know the guy hit the deck? Bowers was flying through the air and during the replay, Ralph said it. First, you already know he crashed. Why are you saying hang on like you are surprised by the incident and hopeful for the outcome? Second, what is he supposed to hang on to? These guys just say stuff to say stuff. They don't introduce thoughtful content. They add very little value. Maybe their hands are tied to some extent but they have a lot of room for improvement, like thinking before they talk.

|

2/13/2018 6:02 PM

Let's just call it Frocus and move on.

|

James

2/13/2018 6:25 PM

GuyB wrote:

Where'd that thread go with a chance for people to provide their own sample ...more

This^

After constantly seeing all the bitching threads on here about their commentating I decided I was going to really pay attention to them last weekend while watching the race. They both do a damn good job are have a sense of humor. That part where Emig was stating that the exhaust blow back was blowing peoples hair around in the VIP thing, then he noticed it was windy out had me cracking up. You commentator nazis are a bunch of fucking strokes.

|

2/13/2018 6:28 PM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

This shit is getting old. Fro and Ralph do an excellent job making the sport relatable to new fans and casuals. Sorry they ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

There is obviously a balance but appealing to the lowest common denominator isn't usually the best tactic. Hockey isn't as a ...more

I'd be trying to hang onto Jesus if I was in Bower's shoes 2 weekends ago.

|

2/13/2018 6:40 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Emig is a terrible announcer, hesitation between words and even between words. Just listen to him.

Quiet down peasant.

|

2/13/2018 6:43 PM

I don't think anyone would be very successful. Take a look at the infomercials between the races. IMO Ralph/Fro are being told to dumb down their call so much, that it actually affects their ability to speak. They are motor sport announcers with their own version of a restrictor plate. IMO.

|

2/13/2018 7:44 PM

GuyB wrote:

Fourth_Floor wrote:

This^

After constantly seeing all the bitching threads on here about their commentating I decided I was going to really pay ...more

Thanks for bringing this up. It's proves some of our points. Ralph is such an idiot. Emig had to bite his tongue. Anyone got the clip?

|

2/13/2018 7:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2018 8:03 PM

If all you do is focus on the negative that’s all you’re going to see.

You all do realize you’re getting to watch a race thousands or hundreds of miles away in your home, right? The fact televisions were invented is ****ing incredible.

You all do realize you’re not having to call 1-800-Pro-Race, or listen to the race on the radio like it’s 1930, or even a webcast like we did 10 years ago, right?

You all do realize the race is not being aired in America at 2:00 AM on ESPN Thursday mornings? Two weeks after the event and one week after you already heard about it on MotoWorld.

You all do realize people who air the race, even the announcers, are human and make mistakes? There are no second takes at this stuff and Feld/Fox do not have a crystal ball to my knowledge allowing them know exactly who to film at any given moment. This is more difficult than, “film whoever has the ball,” type of events.

Finally, if you don’t like the announcing do us all a favor and mute your television instead of posting about it, which does absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Or learn a foreign language and stream the broadcast from overseas.

There is a lot to be greatful. Suck it up.

|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

2/13/2018 8:01 PM

Get Rob Warner, and be done with it.

|

2/13/2018 8:50 PM

If you want accurate reporting then the teams need tog st their shit together and relay pertinent information to the booth. Such as a simple text/radio that states Barcia has lost his rear brakes. Instead the fans and commentators just assume that he faded due to his recent contract signing or that he is out of shape. Communication is the key once sports reach the “professional” level. The riders are pros but everything else is very amateurish. Especially injury reports

|

2/13/2018 10:17 PM

How many decades are they going to dumb the announcing down? They have a core audience, it might grow or shrink week to week but it won't be by huge amounts. Quit feeding us pablum and give us a enthusiasts race call. Oh yeah, get new announcers too.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

2/14/2018 3:38 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

It is literally the only reason Jeff pretty much states for everything- "mental error."
I was listening to the Super Bowl to ...more

Oh yeah?

I never heard the superbowl guys give us ANY cat info.....

|

2/14/2018 3:45 AM

stiksandstones wrote:

Get Rob Warner, and be done with it.

Fuck No!

Those that know of him, will know how appropriate my response is with regard to the 'Fuck' part of it.w00t .

But, I'm serious with the No.

He's still got a lot of growing up to do (though he's well into his 40s now, I think) / growing out of the DH "too cool" bullshit that I so despair of with my other major sport and business involvement . But, he seems to getting better, ever so slowly.

|

2/14/2018 4:39 AM

KennyT wrote:

If you want accurate reporting then the teams need tog st their shit together and relay pertinent information to the booth. ...more

I was absolutely SHOCKED at how they didn't mention anything about Barcia all of the sudden going backwards until about 10 laps later. It was blatantly obvious that something was wrong (flat tire, lost brake etc). Of course we now know it was the rear brake. Lost focus, LOL! WTF?

|