9/30/2012 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 4:22pm
Have been very gracious winners.

Congrats.
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
9/30/2012 1:56pm
Except for the fans booing our riders on the podium.
jmar
9/30/2012 1:58pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I wasn't there so I don't know for sure, but I would bet that it were a few that have had to much to drink.

These boards can be a place for total jackassery, but in general, the winners have been pretty humble.
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 2:07pm
When you say winners you mean Germans right? They're out celebrating a well deserved win, haven't seen that many post.
jmar
9/30/2012 2:11pm
BR_HERO wrote:
When you say winners you mean Germans right? They're out celebrating a well deserved win, haven't seen that many post.
Considering that we have won this event since 2005, this is a win for not only the Germans, it's a win for other Euro Countries also.

The Shop

TMV
9/30/2012 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 2:20pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Stupid people strikes everywhere, remember Pourcel and Canard speach after he got booed? I was so pissed today when I heard it...
Huckster
9/30/2012 2:20pm
BR_HERO wrote:
jmar wrote:
Considering that we have won this event since 2005, this is a win for not only the Germans, it's a win for other Euro Countries also.
Really? They must be a lot like Mets fans. Mets fans would rather see the Yankees lose than see the Mets win.....I get it...
chrisbuehler
9/30/2012 2:22pm
TMV wrote:
Stupid people strikes everywhere, remember Pourcel and Canard speach after he got booed? I was so pissed today when I heard it...
Hell yeah, that was shit. Trey spoke right up
tns
9/30/2012 2:25pm
As a brit with german relatives i am confused i don't know weather to be really pissed the brits choked or happy the germans won but what ever way i look at it all i seem to think is fuck me tc and jh were good today and i was impressed with the way jb calmed down and rode for the team
Dirtydane
9/30/2012 2:26pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Thats so fucking lame!
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
9/30/2012 2:27pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
TMV wrote:
Yep, I remember.

I remember RC being booed by nearly half the stadium in Anaheim one year.

You are correct ' Stupid people strikes everywhere'
jmar
9/30/2012 2:29pm
BR_HERO wrote:
jmar wrote:
Huckster wrote:
Really? They must be a lot like Mets fans. Mets fans would rather see the Yankees lose than see the Mets win.....I get it...
It would be more like if a 2a high school were to beat a 6a high school for a national championship.

This is a big win for many.
johansen
9/30/2012 2:31pm
BR_HERO wrote:
jmar wrote:
Huckster wrote:
You can't really see why? America is the largest country, with the biggest talent pool and is the heart of the motocross industry right now. It's a compliment to you that we root for other countries to win.

"The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”
― Michael Lewis, Moneyball: The Art of Winning
9/30/2012 2:32pm
jmar wrote:
why didnt u win 2004? bad luck in the races??? i am not in mx that long
9/30/2012 2:41pm
They didn't show, due to funding issues I believe.

2003 they won.

2002 was the USA fiasco/Bellpuig year, they weren't there.
2001, was after 9/11.

Pretty much sums up the last decade.
9/30/2012 2:47pm
Those who booed are just muppets not proper fans - theres always a few. The racing was fantastic, congrats to Germany.

Btw - off topic, but what was the main reason for RC being booed? I was too young to fully remember it all.
9/30/2012 2:52pm
brakkeman_ wrote:
They didn't show, due to funding issues I believe. 2003 they won. 2002 was the USA fiasco/Bellpuig year, they weren't there. 2001, was after 9/11. Pretty...

2003 they won.

2001, was after 9/11.

2003 Belgium won
BR_HERO
9/30/2012 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 2:55pm
Those who booed are just muppets not proper fans - theres always a few. The racing was fantastic, congrats to Germany. Btw - off topic, but...
Those who booed are just muppets not proper fans - theres always a few. The racing was fantastic, congrats to Germany.

Btw - off topic, but what was the main reason for RC being booed? I was too young to fully remember it all.
They all get booed, RC,JS,CR,RV, etc etc. Don't know if you have ever been to a race before but that's just the way some fans are, no matter what sport.
bd
9/30/2012 3:01pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
TMV wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Yep, I remember.

I remember RC being booed by nearly half the stadium in Anaheim one year.

You are correct ' Stupid people strikes everywhere'
All of 2002..... specfically from WW and his gang of thugs. In 2003, RC kicks it with him at the MXDN. RC kicks ass.

The bullshit that RC went through in 2002 was uncalled for. Furthermore, JS7 hate is even more disturbing. There is something wrong with people when they cheer for a crash or injury. Wrong.

I am fan of the sport first and love great racing. Then I root my favorites such as Canard, Tomac.
TMV
9/30/2012 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 3:19pm
Nobody won on this forum unless Nagl, Roczen or Schiffer post on this board under secret nicknames...
Baggett and Barcia got lapped, that's a fact. Mohammed is just an asshole. The rest is just a fan thing. I don't really like that kind of game but you know, this is this kind of people than mix everything up and boo riders thinking what fans think are what the riders think, probably what happened today...
hoppsan
9/30/2012 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2012 3:17pm
Broke my heart to hear USA get greeted with nothing but boos (by the sound of it) as they aproached the podium. I fail to see how they have wronged everyone so much by being dominant in this event over the last couple of decades? Yeah I know, this is the case with all sports and the top-dogs etc. But really, through my lousy speakers I could hear absolutely nothing but the boos, f*ck that.
9/30/2012 3:27pm
Those who booed are just muppets not proper fans - theres always a few. The racing was fantastic, congrats to Germany. Btw - off topic, but...

BR_HERO wrote:
They all get booed, RC,JS,CR,RV, etc etc. Don't know if you have ever been to a race before but that's just the way some fans are...
They all get booed, RC,JS,CR,RV, etc etc. Don't know if you have ever been to a race before but that's just the way some fans are, no matter what sport.
Yeah suppose that's just part of sport. Iv been to a few GPs and (British) national races, just sucks that when riders give 100% and risk their own life and limb they're then booed.
adam455
9/30/2012 3:31pm
Probably the main reason the USA got booed is because you guys have a very large fan base, which inevitably includes lots of "winning is everything, we are the best, everyone else sucks and can't take losing" type of people. This pisses off pretty much the entire sport which unfortunately leads to your team being booed for something their "loyal fans" do.
Pretty sad really.
Every country and every sport has them but since you've got a massive population it just means you have maybe more than most.
BKoonts
9/30/2012 3:32pm

RC getting booed was the result of a couple of things. There were people who viewed his move to Team Honda as a strictly financially motivated move. That did not sit well with those people. Also, he REALLY started getting booed after he and Travis Pastrana came together at the Indianapolis SX while battling for the lead. Pastrana went down and the crowd absolutely turned on RC. His podium speech was barely audible over all of the boos. Also, there was a large contingent of Jeremy McGrath fans who could not get over the fact that the torch had been passed to a young buck. I will admit that at that time he was not the most polished speaker. He came off as a cocky kid but the fact is that he was just hyper-motivated to dominate. The booing of Stewart in this country is/was mainly a racial thing, although nobody wants to admit it. American MX fans are a fickle bunch, much like MX fans from all over the world. We are rabid about this sport and that explains why we are so passionate come MXoN time. If we were to meet and have a beer or two during a non-moto event I'm sure we'd all get along just fine :-)
9/30/2012 3:47pm

BKoonts wrote:
RC getting booed was the result of a couple of things. There were people who viewed his move to Team Honda as a strictly financially motivated...
RC getting booed was the result of a couple of things. There were people who viewed his move to Team Honda as a strictly financially motivated move. That did not sit well with those people. Also, he REALLY started getting booed after he and Travis Pastrana came together at the Indianapolis SX while battling for the lead. Pastrana went down and the crowd absolutely turned on RC. His podium speech was barely audible over all of the boos. Also, there was a large contingent of Jeremy McGrath fans who could not get over the fact that the torch had been passed to a young buck. I will admit that at that time he was not the most polished speaker. He came off as a cocky kid but the fact is that he was just hyper-motivated to dominate. The booing of Stewart in this country is/was mainly a racial thing, although nobody wants to admit it. American MX fans are a fickle bunch, much like MX fans from all over the world. We are rabid about this sport and that explains why we are so passionate come MXoN time. If we were to meet and have a beer or two during a non-moto event I'm sure we'd all get along just fine :-)
Plus the 2001 US Open - Ricky was lowered from the roof wearing a kings outfit and carrying a gold septim or staff (I'm not making this up lol) and the crowd clearly took it as a snub to Jeremy (along with what you said about the Team Honda thing) and man... he got booed something awful! On top of Indy in 2002, he also had another run in with TP again at Anaheim 1 in 2003.

But yeah, it's crazy to boo a rider imo unless they REALLY, clearly, blatantly did something terrible. People booing the U.S riders today was disappointing for me as a GP follower and completely unwarranted.
9/30/2012 3:47pm
brakkeman_ wrote:
They didn't show, due to funding issues I believe. 2003 they won. 2002 was the USA fiasco/Bellpuig year, they weren't there. 2001, was after 9/11. Pretty...

2003 they won.

2001, was after 9/11.

109 wrote:
2003 Belgium won
F*ck yeah we did :D

RC kicked our butts though.

(My first ever MXDN btw)
burnside
9/30/2012 3:52pm
I wouldn't read too much into it.. heck. James Stewart gets booed at every SX race and theres no national pride on the line.
SlowMoFo
9/30/2012 3:59pm
I haven't seen one poster from Germany, the winning country, bashing on Americans in this forum yet. There are a lot of dumbasses from other countries that didn't even podium talking trash, that is really funny!

Post a reply to: From what I have seen, our brothers from across the pond

The Latest