From the Beginning: The Story of Dean Ferris

jemcee
Pretty cool little vid on Dean's early years to now (only goes for 10ish minutes)

|
jemcee
1/22/2019 8:57pm
Also if you guys wanna know more about him or go into way more detail about it all, give this a listen..
The broken femur story is prob worth it alone haha
https://youtu.be/DNPk8BnZk08
PJRAUS
1/23/2019 3:05am
Oh good, i just watched this and someone has already started a thread.?
I really enjoyed the video, really well done and a great story.
Im so happy that Dean has decided to avoid supercross and focus instead on the outdoor nationals in the USA.
No idea where he's gonna land, seems to be all about sx over there, but if he hasn't already got a ride lined up, no doubt there will be teams lining up to sign him for the nationals after they get to the end of sx series and a goodly proportion of the factory team riders are on the couch recovering from their injuries...just seems to be the same every year now...
Bearuno
1/23/2019 3:10am
I've not listened to / watched the GT podcast, yet, so I'm not sure if he got into one of the main reasons I hold him pretty high in my estimations.

That being: he went to Europe, a few times, on his own money, to check out the GPs. I think for a couple of years, he did a few GPs as a privateer, and that's what got him the first Ice One ride. They skipped over that on the short Vid Jemcee put up first.

I admire people that get off their arses, and go off, away from where they've always been, and have pretty much 'sorted', to Have A Go, and Ferris has done just that over the years. Not sitting back in a 'comfort zone', racking up the dollars. He's made a reasonable amount of money over the years, and has never been scared to back himself. And, he's doing it again.

Good on him.
jemcee
1/23/2019 4:18pm
Apparently no, you guys don't wanna know more about him haha

That's cool you can revisit this thread when he's surprising everyone at Hangtown haha

The Shop

mwr
1/23/2019 6:13pm
I don't want to know more about Ferris badly enough to endure that Gypsy Tales prat.
JB479
1/23/2019 9:22pm
If he has factory support, hes a top 5 rider outdoors. Ferris is a bad dude.
wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
1/23/2019 10:27pm
He has the best agent in the game so no doubt Lucas will have something lined up for him...
1/23/2019 10:53pm
Could end up with a Husky ride but I'd like to see him on Yamaha's. He's learned a lot about setting up those bikes with CDR race team in Aussie
jemcee
1/23/2019 11:59pm
He's been on the Yamaha for a very long time and obviously agrees with it, so yeah a Yam ride would probably be best case scenario.. Whatever ride he gets I hope he gets it early enough to not have to worry about struggling with getting to know a new bike!
chump6784
1/24/2019 12:33am
Dean is such a cool guy. At jimboomba sx before the night started he was standing in front of us watching practice. I said to my 6 year old son "there's Dean Ferris" my son asked if he could go say hello and i said yes. My son walked up to him and just started chatting and Dean squatted down to the same height as my son and talked to him for a couple of minutes. My boy came back so excited, wishing Dean all the best
1/24/2019 6:38am
I had the pleasure to meet Dean at the Talavera GP when he was racing for Husky Wilvo.
I started following him since 2013 or so, but I knew he was a great guy when I started following an instagram fan page about him so I decided to go and say hi!
Even tho he told me my English was very good, it wasn't that perfect to have a super fluid conversation, but definitly meeting him was the best part of the weekend. He was with his brother I believe and they didn't hesitate to have me around them at the end of the races. He was very kind with me, I definitly have a great memory from that day.

I wish all the best to him in this new adventure!
PJRAUS
1/25/2019 12:51am
Somehow I have the feeling that Dean has signed a deal and isnt allowed to even mention it...hes still practising on a Yamaha, surely if he was going to another brand, he would be riding that bike now..
I just figure he must have something cooking with Yamaha, somehow, some way...they must have been very impressed with his performance at that one US national he raced..., they did loan him a bike for that..so its not like he isnt on their radar...what are the chances that Barcia and Plessinger are both going to be fit and ready for the nationals? With how crazy sx is now and thd ever mounting casualty list...
Yamaha would be crazy not to have struck a deal with him to be their secret weapon , primed, ready and motivated to go from round 1 of the nationals...
I know absolutely nothing...just surmising for the sake of it..
Crisp
1/25/2019 1:17am
PJRAUS wrote:
Somehow I have the feeling that Dean has signed a deal and isnt allowed to even mention it...hes still practising on a Yamaha, surely if he...
Somehow I have the feeling that Dean has signed a deal and isnt allowed to even mention it...hes still practising on a Yamaha, surely if he was going to another brand, he would be riding that bike now..
I just figure he must have something cooking with Yamaha, somehow, some way...they must have been very impressed with his performance at that one US national he raced..., they did loan him a bike for that..so its not like he isnt on their radar...what are the chances that Barcia and Plessinger are both going to be fit and ready for the nationals? With how crazy sx is now and thd ever mounting casualty list...
Yamaha would be crazy not to have struck a deal with him to be their secret weapon , primed, ready and motivated to go from round 1 of the nationals...
Sounds good though ??
jemcee
1/25/2019 1:48am
PJRAUS wrote:
Somehow I have the feeling that Dean has signed a deal and isnt allowed to even mention it...hes still practising on a Yamaha, surely if he...
He is still on a Yamaha but I'd assume that Yamaha Australia are pretty happy to keep supplying him bikes while he's putting shit on social media.. It'll be interesting to see what he does when gets to the US though..
PJRAUS
1/25/2019 2:55am
PJRAUS wrote:
jemcee wrote:
He is still on a Yamaha but I'd assume that Yamaha Australia are pretty happy to keep supplying him bikes while he's putting shit on social...
He is still on a Yamaha but I'd assume that Yamaha Australia are pretty happy to keep supplying him bikes while he's putting shit on social media.. It'll be interesting to see what he does when gets to the US though..
Yes it surely will. Ferriss is no fool...hes for sure not just going on a wing and a prayr...
Stevehrc
1/25/2019 3:39am
Ferris is a bad ass, big fan of his. Following him closely on his adventure.

Post a reply to: From the Beginning: The Story of Dean Ferris

The Latest