From RX, Roczen vs Herlings

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 2:49am
Pretty neat article really, comparing the career paths of these 2 and how after one season racing each other their paths haven't crossed. With all the hype surrounding the Herlings v Tomac battle Roczen has been forgotten.

How awesome would it be to see Roczen, Tomac and Herlings all at 100% at Red Bud? Who knows, maybe Kenny gets a couple good starts and maybe that arm is feeling a little better, what a statement that would be if he returns to the top while racing against foes from past and present!

https://racerxonline.com/2018/09/25/450-words-herlings-v-roczen-finally…
|
9/25/2018 10:05am
I remember in one of the old "moto" movies Herlings says that him and Kenny aren't friends and they show him Winning. You can just see Kenny hated it when both were on the podium together.....
HusqFan3
9/25/2018 10:25am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 12:54pm
bh84 wrote:
Pretty neat article really, comparing the career paths of these 2 and how after one season racing each other their paths haven't crossed. With all the...
Pretty neat article really, comparing the career paths of these 2 and how after one season racing each other their paths haven't crossed. With all the hype surrounding the Herlings v Tomac battle Roczen has been forgotten.

How awesome would it be to see Roczen, Tomac and Herlings all at 100% at Red Bud? Who knows, maybe Kenny gets a couple good starts and maybe that arm is feeling a little better, what a statement that would be if he returns to the top while racing against foes from past and present!

https://racerxonline.com/2018/09/25/450-words-herlings-v-roczen-finally…
It’s a really good point that i hadn’t given much thought to until now but wholeheartedly agree. People forget Kenny is only a few years removed from demonstrating the same type speed and dominance we’re currently seeing from Tomac.

That said, while KRoc unquestionably improved throughout the season, he was still a click or two off Tomac’s pace at season’s end which we’re only a few weeks removed from. It’s possible he’s experienced miraculous improvement over the course of the past few weeks but not likely.

I also believe ET3 would still be a tick better even if both we’re at 100%. Although to your point, Kenny has been nailing his starts all year and while ET3 would easily catch and pass him early in the race at the beginning of the year, Kenny definitely put up more and more of a fight, deeper and deeper into races as the season progressed. Can he take another step before taking the gate at Redbud in a couple weeks? Only time will tell. Agree with the notion he’s probably being overlooked/under appreciated as a potential dark horse/spoiler to the Tomac/Herlings showdown grabbing all the headlines.

The only thing i know for certain is i can’t freakin wait to see it all play out in 12 days. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates. I’d be nothing short of devestated if we finally got all these guys on the same track and relatively healthy only to see it ruined by a mudder... Thinking positive though!
jeffro503
9/25/2018 10:34am
Kenny was getting stronger and stronger through the MX season. He's also a great starter. Where he really shines is in his race craft. With a bad start , the guy can slice through about 10 guys in a half a lap and be fighting toward's the front. One thing that always amazed me about him. I know all the talk is about Tomac and Herling's , but gawd dang , we can't forget about Either Kenny or AC either at this race. May shock some people.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
9/25/2018 10:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
Kenny was getting stronger and stronger through the MX season. He's also a great starter. Where he really shines is in his race craft. With a...
Kenny was getting stronger and stronger through the MX season. He's also a great starter. Where he really shines is in his race craft. With a bad start , the guy can slice through about 10 guys in a half a lap and be fighting toward's the front. One thing that always amazed me about him. I know all the talk is about Tomac and Herling's , but gawd dang , we can't forget about Either Kenny or AC either at this race. May shock some people.
Yep, never seen anyone who can pick his way through quite like Ken, tbh Tomac could learn a lot watching him in that regard.

The Shop

ctbale
9/25/2018 11:09am
Kenny was pretty strong on that zook a few years back. Went to the front within two laps after the start. If you watch the 2nd Washougal moto from this year MM was about 4 seconds behind KR a good chunk of the race. MM was all over the place trying to stay with kenny (after he got his forks changed too) And if you watch Kenny he never had his wheels slide out or anything, was just rolling that track. Looked like he was at 70% I think KR is just brilliant on this comeback. He knows he needed to put down one solid season after those injuries. Once he is 100% he will be mixing it up with tomac for sure. But I think its too soon for this next showdown. But I am rooting for him!!! Gunna be an AWESOME RACE!!!!!!
ledger
9/25/2018 11:28am
Roczen had a great outdoor season, considering that he wasn't sure if he should have lined up at Hangtown due to his past injuries. I think he'll be a serious threat come SX and it's still frikken amazing that the Doc's saved his once shattered arm. Looking fwd to the ...Big Event.
honda341
9/25/2018 12:50pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Kenny was getting stronger and stronger through the MX season. He's also a great starter. Where he really shines is in his race craft. With a...
This is Des Nations we are talking about. You can forget about AC. ; )
HusqFan3
9/25/2018 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 3:23pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Not sure AC has enough left in the tank to battle with this group if they bring their A game. The guy’s a legend no doubt but come race day, all that matters is what you can do, not what you’ve done. I get JH84 is on another planet right now but judging by the GP results, he’s no longer an elite level rider in my book. Still better than 95% of guys out there no doubt but we’re talking about the crem della crem here...
9/25/2018 1:00pm
jeffro503 wrote:
honda341 wrote:
This is Des Nations we are talking about. You can forget about AC. ; )
Ok so to kill time and to keep me hyped during the off season I’ll go watch old MXDNs or old GPs. Certainly I can’t be the only one that thinks AC or Italy in general has HORRIBLE luck at this race? I mean it seems like every MXdN available to watch on YouTube usually has some sort of catastrophic issues for the Italians.
FuzzyLogic
9/25/2018 1:36pm
I'm interested in seeing how AC does at this race. All we have really seen from him this year is that he is not as fast as Herlings, but he is faster than anyone else in the GP's pretty consistently. I don't necessarily think its the case, but he could be right there with Tomac for all we know.
wreckitrandy
9/25/2018 4:33pm
ctbale wrote:
Kenny was pretty strong on that zook a few years back. Went to the front within two laps after the start. If you watch the 2nd...
Kenny was pretty strong on that zook a few years back. Went to the front within two laps after the start. If you watch the 2nd Washougal moto from this year MM was about 4 seconds behind KR a good chunk of the race. MM was all over the place trying to stay with kenny (after he got his forks changed too) And if you watch Kenny he never had his wheels slide out or anything, was just rolling that track. Looked like he was at 70% I think KR is just brilliant on this comeback. He knows he needed to put down one solid season after those injuries. Once he is 100% he will be mixing it up with tomac for sure. But I think its too soon for this next showdown. But I am rooting for him!!! Gunna be an AWESOME RACE!!!!!!
Agree with every word. Also, KR not racing the MC is proof to me of his singular focus. He's laying it up for the '19 SX season. I feel his approach to this years outdoor season was brilliant in it's conception and, execution. I don't see him risking much in the desNations.
bsharkey
9/25/2018 7:27pm
Honestly will have to see if Kenny can get back to his pre-injury status he still doesn't scrub and do some things like he used to before his injury so I think he still has some limitations. Its pretty amazing how far he has recovered
str8line
9/25/2018 8:37pm
Kenny's speed at the end of the Nationals was fairly close to 100%. He mentioned on his Instagram about a week or two ago that his arm is feeling very good. I think it will be Herlings, Tomac and Kenny running up front and wouldn't bet too much against Kenny pulling off an upset.
make1go
9/25/2018 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2018 8:55pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Not sure AC has enough left in the tank to battle with this group if they bring their A game. The guy’s a legend no doubt...
Not sure AC has enough left in the tank to battle with this group if they bring their A game. The guy’s a legend no doubt but come race day, all that matters is what you can do, not what you’ve done. I get JH84 is on another planet right now but judging by the GP results, he’s no longer an elite level rider in my book. Still better than 95% of guys out there no doubt but we’re talking about the crem della crem here...
oh my dear me..

."not elite but better than 95%"??

..I can safely say' ask any of his direct competitors of the last 10 yrs, this year included...."AC? elite? of course, what a fcking stupid question"

you just won "dumbest post of this thread" award and we're still 10 days out, now thats really something..
jemcee
9/25/2018 8:47pm
Ok so to kill time and to keep me hyped during the off season I’ll go watch old MXDNs or old GPs. Certainly I can’t be...
Ok so to kill time and to keep me hyped during the off season I’ll go watch old MXDNs or old GPs. Certainly I can’t be the only one that thinks AC or Italy in general has HORRIBLE luck at this race? I mean it seems like every MXdN available to watch on YouTube usually has some sort of catastrophic issues for the Italians.
Yep he seemed to get boned everytime by the des Nations.. but I think Australia takes the gold in the shitty luck category
make1go
9/25/2018 8:51pm
Agree with every word. Also, KR not racing the MC is proof to me of his singular focus. He's laying it up for the '19 SX...
Agree with every word. Also, KR not racing the MC is proof to me of his singular focus. He's laying it up for the '19 SX season. I feel his approach to this years outdoor season was brilliant in it's conception and, execution. I don't see him risking much in the desNations.
yep, fer sur...

he wants US titles bad..

his injuries have cost him 1 possibly more if he were able to ride out those series in his best form...imo
HusqFan3
9/25/2018 8:52pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Not sure AC has enough left in the tank to battle with this group if they bring their A game. The guy’s a legend no doubt...
make1go wrote:
oh my dear me.. ."not elite but better than 95%"?? ..I can safely say' ask any of his direct competitors of the last 10 yrs, this...
oh my dear me..

."not elite but better than 95%"??

..I can safely say' ask any of his direct competitors of the last 10 yrs, this year included...."AC? elite? of course, what a fcking stupid question"

you just won "dumbest post of this thread" award and we're still 10 days out, now thats really something..
I guess we’ll find out here in a week and half now won’t we...
DoubleA
9/26/2018 12:59am
mxmasta wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/25/289478/s1200_A00618A9_628E_49DB_9778_98F38FF1C94F.jpg[/img]

Picture taken at Hawkstone?
9/26/2018 1:12am
mxmasta wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/25/289478/s1200_A00618A9_628E_49DB_9778_98F38FF1C94F.jpg[/img]

DoubleA wrote:
Yep, 2009 EMX250 championship
9/26/2018 2:30am
mxmasta wrote:

DoubleA wrote:
What a great event that was..."The Handlebar Festival". Watching these two that weekend was an absolute pleasure. Jeff barely 14 and Ken barely 15, saw Ken playing on his BMX in between motos was kind of surreal and brought it home that he was still just a little kid.

Christophe Charlier won the overall that weekend. The track looked so good for that race, the best it has since the 80's/90's and has never looked as good since. Massive shame.
DeStouwer
9/26/2018 2:49am
FuzzyLogic wrote:
I'm interested in seeing how AC does at this race. All we have really seen from him this year is that he is not as fast...
I'm interested in seeing how AC does at this race. All we have really seen from him this year is that he is not as fast as Herlings, but he is faster than anyone else in the GP's pretty consistently. I don't necessarily think its the case, but he could be right there with Tomac for all we know.
Personally, I don't expect that much of Cairoli. He doubted to go as he needs surgery on his knee when the season is over and planned this initially right after Imola. I just think he isn't that motivated to perform as he should be. Just like last year: he just became champion - so a bit less of training due festivities - and didn't want to hurt himself in the British mud.

Herlings - Tomac - Roczen will be the leading men of the weekend.
Ing
9/26/2018 3:45am
DoubleA wrote:
Thought I knew that fence Laughing
I recognized the tree.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/26/2018 7:48am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 7:50am
DeStouwer wrote:
Personally, I don't expect that much of Cairoli. He doubted to go as he needs surgery on his knee when the season is over and planned...
Personally, I don't expect that much of Cairoli. He doubted to go as he needs surgery on his knee when the season is over and planned this initially right after Imola. I just think he isn't that motivated to perform as he should be. Just like last year: he just became champion - so a bit less of training due festivities - and didn't want to hurt himself in the British mud.

Herlings - Tomac - Roczen will be the leading men of the weekend.
I'm not counting out Barcia in that last moto either... For fuel to throw on the fire, just go watch moto 2 from Red Bud this year.

Maybe Roczen has better endurance now? Either way, what more could the fans ask for? Well, could ask to add Musquin to the mix...
gabrielito
9/26/2018 9:10am
I think mentally Kenny is focused on A1. However, if he gets back to 100% he will give those guys all they want. His time in America certainly has given him that extra edge of greatness that Euro's can't ever seem to reach otherwise.
ATKpilot99
9/26/2018 9:21am
gabrielito wrote:
I think mentally Kenny is focused on A1. However, if he gets back to 100% he will give those guys all they want. His time in...
I think mentally Kenny is focused on A1. However, if he gets back to 100% he will give those guys all they want. His time in America certainly has given him that extra edge of greatness that Euro's can't ever seem to reach otherwise.
WoohooGrinning
9/26/2018 9:27am
gabrielito wrote:
I think mentally Kenny is focused on A1. However, if he gets back to 100% he will give those guys all they want. His time in...
that extra edge of greatness that Euro's can't ever seem to reach otherwise ?? LaughingLaughing solid dude
Aryen
9/26/2018 1:47pm
gabrielito wrote:
Oh no, this guy again....

I sure hope Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser and Febvre go to the US to find that missing piece of greatness...

Post a reply to: From RX, Roczen vs Herlings

The Latest