From MCR, regarding Malcolm...

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
“As most of you know, Saturday night in Glendale, while going Mach speed through the whoops pushing to catch the frontrunners, Malcolm had a big get off.”

"While I am super-bummed and disappointed for Malcolm, his family and our group, I am equally grateful and happy that Malcolm's injury is limited to strictly a broken femur of which the doctors performed surgery on Sunday morning. My gratitude and happiness stems from the experience of having one of my guys lying virtually motionless for some twenty minutes, thirty feet away from me (I was in the manager's tower) having no idea the extent of the injury, thinking the worst and having no way to be by Malcolm’s side to support and comfort him. Followed up by Tony and I going to the hospital after the race, only to find Malcolm alert and upbeat, (pain meds may have been working) preparing to eat an In and Out burger, insisting on how he will be back in no time, stronger and better than ever.”

"Unfortunately for Malcolm, his family, MCR, the fans and the whole race community, we are all going to have to patiently wait for Malcolm to recover from his injury and further pursue the excellence he displayed during the first two races of the 2019 season. I wanted to publicly acknowledge how proud I am of Malcolm for the level of commitment and work ethic he has invested into this year's SX series. When looking for a ride this past September he gave Tony and I his word that he was ready to do whatever was required to be prepared to compete at the highest level in the 2019 SX series, all of which he has done to perfection - both on and off the track. To improve his overall fitness and endurance levels, Malcom hired a personal trainer, never missing a training session and constantly pushed himself to reach new fitness levels. Alongside focusing on improved fitness, Malcolm modified his diet and quickly dropped 25 pounds that improved his results on the bike. When it came to testing and riding days, Malcolm was often the first one to the track and handled the rigorous demands the team put on him with a positive and cooperative attitude. Malcolm has been very respectful to work with and brought a lift in our team.”

"So Malcolm won't get the chance to show the world how hard he worked and the results of his efforts, but I feel it's only fair to Malcolm to let the world know how proud I am of him on how he chose to become a better racer, role model and man.”

Mike Genova
|
Motox627!
1/14/2019 12:15pm
Absolutely gutted for Malcom, but its good to see his team be this supportive. I used to have my doubts about anything that had to do with Tony, but they seem to have turned things around. Heal up soon Mook! The series is better with you in it!
MelonFan123
1/14/2019 12:15pm
Very cool. Its great to see that MCR and Malcolm seem to have gelled so well. Looks like he will probably have a home there again after he heals up.

byke
1/14/2019 12:16pm
What a great letter from Genova and also really cool to hear how dedicated Malcolm has been.
JM485
1/14/2019 12:17pm
Way cool of Mike to put out a statement like that. It just sucks we won’t see how good he would have been, if the first races were any indication he was going to absolutely kill it this year.

The Shop

Forty
1/14/2019 12:18pm
That's how a team is managed. Too cool. Malcom is in a great spot....hope for a full recovery.
psg119
1/14/2019 12:19pm
Wow, what a great letter. Awesome to hear how much effort Malcolm has been putting in. I hope he does come back stronger than ever.
milliebays
1/14/2019 12:20pm
guyB's point about the femur being pre stressed from the off season crash is a good one.

you have to wonder.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/14/2019 12:28pm
MCR might be looked at as a second rate team, some would even say outcasts and at times not taken seriously, but no matter what you think you can't deny that Mike and Tony care about their riders probably more than any other team out there.
1/14/2019 12:38pm
Tony was actually sitting behind me at the race in one of the handicap sections and the genuine look of concern on his face was telling about the relationship that Mookie has been able to build with MCR, and the way that MCR is being run. Kudos to a great statement by Genova, wishing Mookie the best.
Tumblin
1/14/2019 12:55pm
Very cool to hear your remarks Mr Genova. Awesome to know the commitment and integrity Malcolm applied coming into the season and what an example he put forth for your team.

But I want to commend you as well for your personal and team statement. Knowing not all teams have the luxury to be owned and supported by an individual with your obvious passion for the sport. Regardless you've set a great example for team support and with that same integrity I can say as well with your own company employees that support and build success top to bottom.
sandman768
1/14/2019 12:58pm
Nice letter......guy seems to genuinely care for his team & riders. Mookie was hauling ass.......sucks to see him get injured. I"m rooting for him to come back strong!
life_of_jaze
1/14/2019 1:00pm
GuyB wrote:
“As most of you know, Saturday night in Glendale, while going Mach speed through the whoops pushing to catch the frontrunners, Malcolm had a big get...
“As most of you know, Saturday night in Glendale, while going Mach speed through the whoops pushing to catch the frontrunners, Malcolm had a big get off.”

"While I am super-bummed and disappointed for Malcolm, his family and our group, I am equally grateful and happy that Malcolm's injury is limited to strictly a broken femur of which the doctors performed surgery on Sunday morning. My gratitude and happiness stems from the experience of having one of my guys lying virtually motionless for some twenty minutes, thirty feet away from me (I was in the manager's tower) having no idea the extent of the injury, thinking the worst and having no way to be by Malcolm’s side to support and comfort him. Followed up by Tony and I going to the hospital after the race, only to find Malcolm alert and upbeat, (pain meds may have been working) preparing to eat an In and Out burger, insisting on how he will be back in no time, stronger and better than ever.”

"Unfortunately for Malcolm, his family, MCR, the fans and the whole race community, we are all going to have to patiently wait for Malcolm to recover from his injury and further pursue the excellence he displayed during the first two races of the 2019 season. I wanted to publicly acknowledge how proud I am of Malcolm for the level of commitment and work ethic he has invested into this year's SX series. When looking for a ride this past September he gave Tony and I his word that he was ready to do whatever was required to be prepared to compete at the highest level in the 2019 SX series, all of which he has done to perfection - both on and off the track. To improve his overall fitness and endurance levels, Malcom hired a personal trainer, never missing a training session and constantly pushed himself to reach new fitness levels. Alongside focusing on improved fitness, Malcolm modified his diet and quickly dropped 25 pounds that improved his results on the bike. When it came to testing and riding days, Malcolm was often the first one to the track and handled the rigorous demands the team put on him with a positive and cooperative attitude. Malcolm has been very respectful to work with and brought a lift in our team.”

"So Malcolm won't get the chance to show the world how hard he worked and the results of his efforts, but I feel it's only fair to Malcolm to let the world know how proud I am of him on how he chose to become a better racer, role model and man.”

Mike Genova
CLASSY
kage173
1/14/2019 1:03pm
So bummed for Mookie and bummed I won't get to see him race this year. I love watching the guy ride.

500guy
1/14/2019 1:05pm
Good luck to Malcolm on a full and speedy recovery.
kiwifan
1/14/2019 1:30pm
These are the kind of thread on Vital that bring a massive smile to my face, well said Mike!!! Lots of awesome positive words, fingers crossed he will be back quickly Smile
VetMX.com
1/14/2019 1:31pm
A Class Act. He was doing really well too, really bummed he was hurt.
TeamGreen
1/14/2019 1:34pm
The entire MCR Team has become an amazing organization.
plowboy
1/14/2019 3:04pm
All my life I've read and heard the term, "respected businessman". I always thought it was an oxymoron. Mike Genova may be the exception that proves the rule. Very heartfelt words sir. Best of luck to your team and get well Malcolm.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/14/2019 3:08pm
Mike and Malcolm are both awesome, still so bummed for Mookie!
Akira
1/14/2019 3:13pm
Is MCR becoming one the fans favorite team? Seems the case for a lot of us. On other notes Mookie "dropped 25 pounds" wow, dude he wasn't joking around. He'll be back!
slipdog
1/14/2019 3:17pm
Man, was I hoping to see Malcolm's first 450 win this year! Everything in that letter seemed very obvious to me from watching the first two races on tv and can't wait to see him back out there.
Question
1/14/2019 3:44pm
That is one of the best statements I have ever read, it is smart, full of empathy, encouraging, etc.

As I said before, it was a big one and I am also glad it is "only" a femur.

It is a real bummer for Malcom and MCR because no doubt they are ready to be upfront.

Get well soon !
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
1/14/2019 3:56pm
GuyB wrote:
“As most of you know, Saturday night in Glendale, while going Mach speed through the whoops pushing to catch the frontrunners, Malcolm had a big get...

Mike Genova
MCR has slowly gone from the joke of the pits to a truly elite team and one of my personal favorites.

Mike and Tony,

Thank you for always treating your riders with dignity and respect.
Thank you for sticking with this experiment through the rough times to show us what can be accomplished.
Thank you for your investment in our beloved but risky sport.
And thank you giving Mookie a chance this year.

Sincerely,

A huge fan.
hyler199
1/14/2019 3:59pm
Dam near brought a tear to my eye. I am gutted we don't get to see Mookie out there but dam was my eyes glued to him. So happy I don't have to worry about what he has to come back to after his recovery, we need him out there!
Calihusky
1/14/2019 4:59pm
Awesome letter as you can tell it’s from the heart and not just a standard PR statement. They clearly stand behind their riders and for that I’m rooting for them. Hopefully Malcolm has a speedy recovery.
dkg
1/14/2019 5:39pm
Classy press release. Disappointed for Mookie and the team. 3-6 months healing time for a broken femur. Hopefully we will see Mookie back next year. It was shaping up to be a great season for him. Great to see a team support the riders like MCR obviously does.

Post a reply to: From MCR, regarding Malcolm...

The Latest