From Broc Tickle

kb228
4/28/2018 3:08am
Helder wrote:
Another example of the stupidity; As Hansel mentioned, Anderson can clinch his first 450SX title this weekend. It won’t be the only thing to watch, though...
Another example of the stupidity;

As Hansel mentioned, Anderson can clinch his first 450SX title this weekend. It won’t be the only thing to watch, though. For years, Anderson has dealt with altitude sickness and has yet to receive a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) for the medicine he would need to take. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna team manager Bobby Hewitt told Aaron Hansel this prior to Thunder Valley last year: 

"What happens, like most riders, [Anderson’s] heart rate elevates in the first couple laps,” Hewitt said. “It happens all the time, and under normal circumstances, he’s able to control his breathing and bring his heart rate back down and finish the moto. When he’s at altitude, he can’t get his heart rate back down, and it continues to climb. If your heart rate is beating 200 times a minute, you feel that, and because he can’t control it and bring it back down like he does at the other races, he starts to get panic attacks. It’s something that’s very serious, and it’s not a joking matter. There have been people who have died from this stuff. Last year, he was leading, but it got to a point where he felt his heart was going to explode in his chest. He was scared he was going to die if he didn’t pull off."

Radical wrote:
Damn! That really sucks.
Nothing gets scarier than when your heart is beating over 200bpm. I have SVT(heart arrhythmia) and it can get to 230bpm and it feels absolutely shitty and is scary as all hell.

Unbelievable that FIM doesnt allow the drug. I feel bad for jason.
TDeath21
4/28/2018 4:16am
TDeath21 wrote:
So he isn’t allowed to race at all until they test his B sample? I thought normally an appeal meant you race until the B sample...
So he isn’t allowed to race at all until they test his B sample? I thought normally an appeal meant you race until the B sample is tested? Apparently not in this case?
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't believe the B sample will come back any different. Just a suspicion. I think Broc ingested something with the HA in it unknowingly. The...
I don't believe the B sample will come back any different. Just a suspicion. I think Broc ingested something with the HA in it unknowingly. The penalty system is beyond excessive and built around athletes that compete every 4 years. Unreasonable. If he is allowed to compete until the B sample is tested, his penalty period starts over. If the B sample tests clean, I'd be suing peoples asses off. That is why I don't think the B sample will be any different. Whether it truly is or isn't.
So why wouldn’t he just appeal it and race until the B sample comes back? A positive test and 4 year ban is the end of his career anyway, so why not race a few more weeks while you’re at it?
FroDiddy
4/28/2018 4:21am
kb228 wrote:
Makes sense. Personally i think a 6 month suspension and a year of weekly drug tests should be the penalty. Indefinitely banning a guy is extreme...
Makes sense. Personally i think a 6 month suspension and a year of weekly drug tests should be the penalty. Indefinitely banning a guy is extreme for what he was caught for
Agreed. This isn't a combat sport where lives are potentially at stake.

6 months for the first offense, 1 year for the second. A 3rd and it's the "death penalty".
4/28/2018 4:57am
kb228 wrote:
What does he mean no evidence? Isnt a failed drug test pretty clear?
I have run laboratories for over a decade. I am sure Broc would like to see the actual data, and might want to know more about...
I have run laboratories for over a decade. I am sure Broc would like to see the actual data, and might want to know more about the individuals running it and their training. False positives and negatives happen for all assays (testing). People have been wrongly convinced or set free based on faulty tests, so it’s perfectly logical to want to audit the lab and it’s practices.
early wrote:
Along those lines, will the B sample be tested in the same lab or a different one?
I don’t know what their procedures are, but it’s a good point you raise. I assume that it will be the same lab, but you’d hope that there would be enough A and B to send to an independent lab. That’s the sort of thing Broc would want to see in addition to the raw data and test report.

The Shop

mxb2
4/28/2018 5:47am
JM485 wrote:
I'm curious, if your work suddenly fell under the same guidelines and scrutiny of WADA testing and if you were found guilty of anything you would...
I'm curious, if your work suddenly fell under the same guidelines and scrutiny of WADA testing and if you were found guilty of anything you would immediately lose your job, what would you do? Would you memorize everything on the absurdly expansive list? Who would you call them before you eat anything to make absolutely sure you aren't ingesting some vaguely known substance that just happens to be on said list and read out every ingredient to them? Seriously, think about how impractical this whole stupid thing is, it's a little beyond the simplicity you're trying to describe it as. I'm not a chemist or a nutritionist, I'd have no clue where to even start or what the hell to do, and I doubt any of you beating the "he knew the rules/ be an adult" drum would know what to do either. At least Broc has Baker in his corner to consult, but a guy like Cade is totally out to lunch trying to figure this out.

I don't care what you take, no substance is going to magically move you up 5 spots each week, and definitely not something as obscure as what Broc got caught with. FIM can suck it, we don't need them and it's pathetic on the AMA's part that they don't take a stand and do what's right, its embarracing that I have to be a member of their useless club to race. They wrote a cute little letter when James was getting screwed over, lets see what they do for Broc. . .
mxb2 wrote:
My job has guidelines and rules,signing the paying contract says the employee understands what they just signed.Not knowing the rules is not an excuse. I was...
My job has guidelines and rules,signing the paying contract says the employee understands what they just signed.Not knowing the rules is not an excuse. I was given a rules and procedure binders. Its up to me to know what is allowed. And what isnt. Do you think he read his $$ contract word for word or didnt take the time to read it all, or just signed it? People like or dislike wada, until.it changes the rules are what they are. Know them or pay the penalty.
JM485 wrote:
You didn’t even attempt to answer my question. Here’s a link for your reference: https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_en.pdf Now, what would you do, or how would you go about...
You didn’t even attempt to answer my question. Here’s a link for your reference:

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_en.pdf

Now, what would you do, or how would you go about understanding each substance and ensuring none of this was entering your body?
Well if i had my job was at stake and a big contract with resources to know what is allowed and what isnt. I would research before i used something different. You posted the information, and tickle has access to it also. He is paid to know . If i was found guilty at my work, i would be fired. I would move along ,get another job. Hopefully learn my lesson. Not complain about the rules, when i had access to know what i could be fired for. I forget todays society, just play the poor me victim card. Have you emailed or sent wada letters? Ever heard the saying, Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
CG118
4/28/2018 6:05am
With all due respect, this is way more complicated than the policies and procedures in a work binder.

Flesh206
4/28/2018 6:14am
I just find it kind of strange that none of the other Aldon Baker ppl failed a test. I don't know but I hope Aldon has a dietitian working for him telling this athletes what to eat and what not to.
kkawboy14
4/28/2018 6:22am
If he has never intentionally... or negligently, ingested a prohibited substance like he claims, then it's awfully strange that he tested positive for one, no?
Exactly!
All he needs to do is post up everything he ate that day. Maybe one of those products was contaminated!

He obviously needs a bigger team of lawyers!
mxb2
4/28/2018 6:33am
CG118 wrote:
With all due respect, this is way more complicated than the policies and procedures in a work binder.

How many lawyers,manfriends, team doctors.manager, resources, $$ does he need to research before using any stuff in doubt.? Dont you think baker had him.on a strict program 24/7? So who is to blame tickle or baker? It sure isnt wada s fault.
kkawboy14
4/28/2018 6:34am
CG118 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
How many lawyers,manfriends, team doctors.manager, resources, $$ does he need to research before using any stuff in doubt.? Dont you think baker had him.on a strict...
How many lawyers,manfriends, team doctors.manager, resources, $$ does he need to research before using any stuff in doubt.? Dont you think baker had him.on a strict program 24/7? So who is to blame tickle or baker? It sure isnt wada s fault.
......unless they got somebody else’s blood mixed up for his!
colonel
4/28/2018 6:39am
Shit show or not, Broc was caught with an illegal product in his system that was on the banned list.

Was it intentional? Who knows.

At the end of the day he is professional and he should know the system being implement.

Thousands of other Pro athletes take the time to educate themselves.

I dont see MXGP riders or fans blaming drug control.

I also dont see this many positives in MXGP in such a short time.

No one but Broc is ruining his career right now, people are doing their job, Broc hasn't done his.
mxb2
4/28/2018 6:43am
colonel wrote:
Shit show or not, Broc was caught with an illegal product in his system that was on the banned list. Was it intentional? Who knows. At...
Shit show or not, Broc was caught with an illegal product in his system that was on the banned list.

At the end of the day he is professional and he should know the system being implement.

No one but Broc is ruining his career right now, people are doing their job, Broc hasn't done his.
Come on man,. Some on vital.dont like facts. Easier to blame someone else. How many people on vital actually wrote a letter or email to Wada?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/28/2018 7:21am
kkawboy14 wrote:
......unless they got somebody else’s blood mixed up for his!
Doubtful and I am sure the B sample will have the same results and the A sample.
APLMAN99
4/28/2018 7:33am
Helder wrote:
Another example of the stupidity; As Hansel mentioned, Anderson can clinch his first 450SX title this weekend. It won’t be the only thing to watch, though...
Another example of the stupidity;

As Hansel mentioned, Anderson can clinch his first 450SX title this weekend. It won’t be the only thing to watch, though. For years, Anderson has dealt with altitude sickness and has yet to receive a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) for the medicine he would need to take. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna team manager Bobby Hewitt told Aaron Hansel this prior to Thunder Valley last year: 

"What happens, like most riders, [Anderson’s] heart rate elevates in the first couple laps,” Hewitt said. “It happens all the time, and under normal circumstances, he’s able to control his breathing and bring his heart rate back down and finish the moto. When he’s at altitude, he can’t get his heart rate back down, and it continues to climb. If your heart rate is beating 200 times a minute, you feel that, and because he can’t control it and bring it back down like he does at the other races, he starts to get panic attacks. It’s something that’s very serious, and it’s not a joking matter. There have been people who have died from this stuff. Last year, he was leading, but it got to a point where he felt his heart was going to explode in his chest. He was scared he was going to die if he didn’t pull off."

Nothing in there suggests that Anderson has even attempted to get a TUE.........
APLMAN99
4/28/2018 7:37am
JM485 wrote:
You didn’t even attempt to answer my question. Here’s a link for your reference: https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_en.pdf Now, what would you do, or how would you go about...
You didn’t even attempt to answer my question. Here’s a link for your reference:

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_en.pdf

Now, what would you do, or how would you go about understanding each substance and ensuring none of this was entering your body?
You should try being an organic farmer.......

You become pretty decent at understanding the concept of banned substances when your livelihood depends on it.
BAMX
4/28/2018 7:38am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
FIM and WADA need to go. We need to do everything on our own. This is a joke. We lost JS because of them. Cade seems...
FIM and WADA need to go. We need to do everything on our own. This is a joke. We lost JS because of them. Cade seems to be equally as screwed, and now Broc. FIM just keeps proving how unprofessional they really are. They need to gtfo of here.
bents wrote:
X2. And I would add the lack of transparency is pretty troubling, not to mention the length of time between tests, and the complete lack of...
X2. And I would add the lack of transparency is pretty troubling, not to mention the length of time between tests, and the complete lack of communication in between all of this is so unacceptable. His professional career hangs in the balance, he is being dragged through the mud, with no end in sight without any opportunity to see/test the evidence. MX and SX have to go their own way here. This is a joke and I am gutted for Broc.
The thing that gets me is the complete lack of urgency from the governing bodies on something that they deem serious enough to ruin a athlete's career. I don't really care for unions but it is obvious that everyone involved on the business side FIM, AMA, FELD etc. are unable to act professionally and one is needed. In my opinion, a failed test should automatically trigger at least one other expedited test at another lab/labs different from the original. I also believe that the riders side should be allowed to get their own sample for testing. We are talking about ending a persons career/livelihood.
JM485
4/28/2018 8:04am
mxb2 wrote:
Well if i had my job was at stake and a big contract with resources to know what is allowed and what isnt. I would research...
Well if i had my job was at stake and a big contract with resources to know what is allowed and what isnt. I would research before i used something different. You posted the information, and tickle has access to it also. He is paid to know . If i was found guilty at my work, i would be fired. I would move along ,get another job. Hopefully learn my lesson. Not complain about the rules, when i had access to know what i could be fired for. I forget todays society, just play the poor me victim card. Have you emailed or sent wada letters? Ever heard the saying, Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Still waiting for you to answer my original question in detail. I understand you're perfect and wouldn't screw up, I want to know how you would systematically go about it since it's so reasonable to ask privateer without any resources to do the same, similarly to us normal joes. . .
motoplook
4/28/2018 8:11am
colonel wrote:
Shit show or not, Broc was caught with an illegal product in his system that was on the banned list. Was it intentional? Who knows. At...

This!! Great post.
motoplook
4/28/2018 8:25am
Nighttrain wrote:
True but what happens after an Adverse Finding is up to the sports sanctioning body, correct? The worlds greatest stage racer in pro cycling had an...
True but what happens after an Adverse Finding is up to the sports sanctioning body, correct? The worlds greatest stage racer in pro cycling had an Adverse Finding for more than twice the allowed amount of salbutamol during the Tour of Spain. He’s going to arbitration and hasn’t missed a race on his program. And Froome will collect a $2,000,000 appearance fee at the Giro d’Italia before his case is heard. FIM is a joke.

#freebroc

And #freebiglenny
Beeby wrote:
Agreed. It should be innocent until proven guilty
he's been proven guilty, he tested positive.

What is this entitlement society you guys live in. He screwed up, he has to deal with it, do whatever he needs to clean his name, and come back when you're done. Sample B will most probably confirm Sample A, as it always does.

His career is over? maybe no, he can go race in Canada with Clayson. But he, willingly or unwillingly, put himself in this situation. Deal with it. What is this :"I run to mommy every time things don't go my way" in the world and 'lets ban all organisations because our guy got caught. "

Clayson kept racing before being given an exemption. #7 cheated the same way (and definitely wasn't the same without Adderall, no BT. Still a very very small numbers of US SX riders get caught (probably because a minority can afford to buy drugs), it's a pretty good number.

Motofinne
4/28/2018 8:31am
Flesh206 wrote:
I just find it kind of strange that none of the other Aldon Baker ppl failed a test. I don't know but I hope Aldon has...
I just find it kind of strange that none of the other Aldon Baker ppl failed a test. I don't know but I hope Aldon has a dietitian working for him telling this athletes what to eat and what not to.
I think that it just points to Tickle taking something that the others haven't taken. Anderson was on the 1 year "surveillance" from WADA where they actually tested him when he was at a restaurant.
Beeby
4/28/2018 8:35am
motoplook wrote:
he's been proven guilty, he tested positive. What is this entitlement society you guys live in. He screwed up, he has to deal with it, do...
he's been proven guilty, he tested positive.

What is this entitlement society you guys live in. He screwed up, he has to deal with it, do whatever he needs to clean his name, and come back when you're done. Sample B will most probably confirm Sample A, as it always does.

His career is over? maybe no, he can go race in Canada with Clayson. But he, willingly or unwillingly, put himself in this situation. Deal with it. What is this :"I run to mommy every time things don't go my way" in the world and 'lets ban all organisations because our guy got caught. "

Clayson kept racing before being given an exemption. #7 cheated the same way (and definitely wasn't the same without Adderall, no BT. Still a very very small numbers of US SX riders get caught (probably because a minority can afford to buy drugs), it's a pretty good number.

I feel like you’ve read a heck of a lot in my post to assume all of that. If there is absolutely no doub he cheated which you seem to be suggesting then fine, throw the man to the wolves.

However the fact that they take a B sample tells me there can be errors or inconsistencies and my point was if there is any doubt he has paid the price regardless
motoplook
4/28/2018 8:48am
Beeby wrote:
I feel like you’ve read a heck of a lot in my post to assume all of that. If there is absolutely no doub he cheated...
I feel like you’ve read a heck of a lot in my post to assume all of that. If there is absolutely no doub he cheated which you seem to be suggesting then fine, throw the man to the wolves.

However the fact that they take a B sample tells me there can be errors or inconsistencies and my point was if there is any doubt he has paid the price regardless
Like I wrote, whether it was intentional or just mindlessly, without knowledge, without trying to know or ask the right questions to the right people, he ended up with a forbidden substance. Without being "intentional" cheating, it is still illegal and needs to be handled alike all non-authorized substances. That's the only way to regulate. The "I didn't know excuse" is the best way to keep having these cases happening.
I can understand Clayson's error in "assuming", I feel he doesn't have the means, the finances, the support, that #7 and Tickle have.

I don't accept BT's excuse, not at his level.
dkg
4/28/2018 8:49am
dkg wrote:
While there are a few errors in the sponsorship issue, ie. it is AMA Pro Racing, not AMA that sanctions the outdoors, I agree with what...
While there are a few errors in the sponsorship issue, ie. it is AMA Pro Racing, not AMA that sanctions the outdoors, I agree with what you are saying. Most importantly, you may have identified a possible solution. Perhaps some diplomatically worded correspondence fro a bunch of fans to the big “M” would result in changes at the FIM on how they handle this entire process.
hamncheeze wrote:
I sort of forgot the nuances in the outdoor sanctioning. Is AMA Pro Racing a separate sanctioning body from the regular AMA? Do the AMA officials...
I sort of forgot the nuances in the outdoor sanctioning. Is AMA Pro Racing a separate sanctioning body from the regular AMA? Do the AMA officials at SX races work for AMA Pro Racing or the regular AMA? Regardless the ultimate solution for SX going forward is to dump the FIM as its sanctioning body. Drug testing is obviously important at this level but so far the FIM has proven 100% inept in dealing with anything that comes up. There are a lot of futures and jobs at stake, it's a shame to see a lousy organization like the FIM effectively holding people hostage.

FWIW I'm up here in Canada where we have our own sanctioning shitshows going on: CMRC, CMA, Jetworx with a mix of FIM. I'm glad I'm long retired....things were a lot more simple in the 80s.
I believe that in 2008 AMA sold to AMA Pro Racing many of the professional racing events. Since then it’s been AMA Pro Racing as the sanctioning body of the outdoors. MX Sports manages and produces the series. I agree the FIM has demonstrated nothing but incompetence in dealing with these drug testing issues. How they can’t even seem to figure out and implement basic concepts of due process is a little mind boggling.

I wish you luck there in Canada. However it works out, let’s just hope that either it excludes the FIM or that the FIM gets its act together.

We’ve been lucky with the outdoors. AMA Pro Racing and MX Sports (mostly MX Sports) have done a great job with the series. As for SX, the FIM not so much.
mxb2
4/28/2018 8:56am
mxb2 wrote:
Well if i had my job was at stake and a big contract with resources to know what is allowed and what isnt. I would research...
JM485 wrote:
Still waiting for you to answer my original question in detail. I understand you're perfect and wouldn't screw up, I want to know how you would...
Still waiting for you to answer my original question in detail. I understand you're perfect and wouldn't screw up, I want to know how you would systematically go about it since it's so reasonable to ask privateer without any resources to do the same, similarly to us normal joes. . .
Never claimed to be perfect, but i can read a rulebook and guidelines. But keep playing the wo is me victim card. Still waiting on your answer, what emails, letter did you send to wada? In the real world people make mistakes and learn from them, like i said he is paid to know the rules, nobody else. Privateers have access to the wada rules and guidelines also. I learn from my mistakes and move on , not cry about bad rules and guidelines.
BikerScars
4/28/2018 11:04am
mxb2 wrote:
JM485 wrote:
Still waiting for you to answer my original question in detail. I understand you're perfect and wouldn't screw up, I want to know how you would...
mxb2 wrote:
Never claimed to be perfect, but i can read a rulebook and guidelines. But keep playing the wo is me victim card. Still waiting on your...
Never claimed to be perfect, but i can read a rulebook and guidelines. But keep playing the wo is me victim card. Still waiting on your answer, what emails, letter did you send to wada? In the real world people make mistakes and learn from them, like i said he is paid to know the rules, nobody else. Privateers have access to the wada rules and guidelines also. I learn from my mistakes and move on , not cry about bad rules and guidelines.
The rules are soooooo over reaching its ridiculous. From a practical point of view it pretty much impossible to comply. You have NO idea what exactly what your putting in your body. As someone who has intimate knowledge of the supplement industry, the labels are NOT accurate. In many cases on purpose.

Understand this: if 100% of the racers were tested 100% of the time, the starting gate would be empty.
4/28/2018 11:06am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2018 11:40am
colonel wrote:

I agree with you 100%, but I think the whole problem is that testing is coming at the expense of riders careers. Should he serve a penalty? Absolutely, but I don't think it should be a four year ban like some speculate it will. Obviously no one knows what will happen but IMO even a year suspension would be detrimental to a riders career.

If the goal was to catch cheaters and penalize them by pretty much destroying their careers then I guess there is no problem and everything is working as intended, I just have a hard time believing that that is what the riders and teams wanted when they asked for there to be testing.
Motofinne
4/28/2018 11:43am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2018 11:57am
colonel wrote:

I agree with you 100%, but I think the whole problem is that testing is coming at the expense of riders careers. Should he serve a...
I agree with you 100%, but I think the whole problem is that testing is coming at the expense of riders careers. Should he serve a penalty? Absolutely, but I don't think it should be a four year ban like some speculate it will. Obviously no one knows what will happen but IMO even a year suspension would be detrimental to a riders career.

If the goal was to catch cheaters and penalize them by pretty much destroying their careers then I guess there is no problem and everything is working as intended, I just have a hard time believing that that is what the riders and teams wanted when they asked for there to be testing.
I somewhat agree with you. The 4 year ban is too much. One year for Tickles "offence"? That is fine in my eyes, maybe 6 months mid season would be better since he is a first time offender. But nothing less than that.

But you could argue for the 4 year ban and why it is a good thing. Your career is basically done if you get caught with something banned. That should scare every single athlete out there. Moto or non moto athlete. The penalty for screwing something up is so incredibly high that no one would make a mistake (unless you're stupid). The majority of the athletes that would get caught of something banned would've probably tried to gain an advantage.

I would be extremely careful if i would be a pro in a sport that has testing. I would be so careful that nothing could slip into my training program. The only way i would get something banned in my system would be if i would want it there.

There are no excuses for factory riders like JS7 and Tickle.
zookie
4/28/2018 11:49am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2018 11:55am
This is not the time for Broc to be playing with a questionable attorney. The attorney he's using went to what is widely known as the worst law school in the states: Cooley Law. http://www.harrisonlegal.net/about_firm.html

Cooley Law is BARELY accredited. They accept over 90% of applicants, and some obscenely low number of graduates never pass the Bar and never work as attorneys.

Additionally, Broc's attorney seems to only have experience in commercial litigation, which is about as far from a drug testing case as you can get.

Long story short, if Broc gives a s**t about his career, he needs to get a real legal team. It won't be cheap, but if he's got real bulldog attorneys who have experience with athletes in cases like this, WADA is much more likely to play along with efficient testing, disclosing lab results and who tested things, etc.

The fact that he's enlisted the help of an attorney who seems to have little experience in this nuance of law, a guy who went to a TERRIBLE law school, and a guy who's only passed the Bar exam in MI but has an address in Murietta (aka he's barely practicing as an attorney), scares me.

MXers aren't the brightest bunch in the world. Evidence in the attorney that Broc hired. Entirely likely he took something and just had no idea what he was taking?

Oy. What a s**t show.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/28/2018 11:49am
How easy would it be to have your food or drink spiked with a banned substance? For a pro athlete could you get roofied and have your career ruined?

Post a reply to: From Broc Tickle

The Latest