From Broc Tickle

motoplook
4/27/2018 5:45pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Its only a bad process when you get caught. Blush
Exactly!! The process works, WADA is dealing with bigger fish than US SX on a daily basis. Their process is slow for a reason.

Everyone (I mean the majority, apart from a few who are ok with drugs in sport. Probably the same who cry about cost of racing and cost of bikes but are ok with the costly, outpacing, race to better drugs).

Just because a "good" guy gets caught, people go up in arms. So funny. We want testing but we want to make sure our peeps don't get punished. He got caught with a banned substance. He has to deal with the process.

The few short sighted who are all for freedom of drug use, don't forget the devastations of addiction, the devastation of post- PED impact on people's bodies, brain, their families.

Allowing drugs in the sport is allowing a no-limit race towards better, smarter, less visible drugs (alike whats happening in professional cycling).

He got caught, he will have to prove that he was not taking anything and that someone else peed in his pot. And next time, the factory rider with the top trainers, the top bike, the top entourage, will make sure he thinks before he goes to GNC to buy stuff.
Brent
4/27/2018 6:16pm
...regardless about what you think of Broc Tickle being innocent or guilty in regards to taking a banned substance, I find the due process being used by the FIM to be shameful and amateurish.

The AMA had better keep in mind that they themselves could be subject to legal action by a rider whose livelihood is taken away in this manner.

If I was Tickle's lawyer I would be firing off letters to Westerville, Ohio at this point...
Beeby
4/27/2018 6:23pm
Why are people suggesting these officials are not fit to do the job because of the country they are from?! Come on! Would it make the test more fair if someone did it that was from ‘Merica?
Beeby
4/27/2018 6:26pm
And while I am at it, the reason we have the FIM is because they are the governing body for motorocycle sport. Their rules, their process and they give the winner the right to call themselves the world champion.

If they regulate the drugs that are banned and cannot be taken by a world championship competitor that levels the playing field. If someone got caught out it sucks but everyone is subject to the same tests

The Shop

Nighttrain
4/27/2018 6:31pm
motoplook wrote:
Exactly!! The process works, WADA is dealing with bigger fish than US SX on a daily basis. Their process is slow for a reason. Everyone (I...
Exactly!! The process works, WADA is dealing with bigger fish than US SX on a daily basis. Their process is slow for a reason.

Everyone (I mean the majority, apart from a few who are ok with drugs in sport. Probably the same who cry about cost of racing and cost of bikes but are ok with the costly, outpacing, race to better drugs).

Just because a "good" guy gets caught, people go up in arms. So funny. We want testing but we want to make sure our peeps don't get punished. He got caught with a banned substance. He has to deal with the process.

The few short sighted who are all for freedom of drug use, don't forget the devastations of addiction, the devastation of post- PED impact on people's bodies, brain, their families.

Allowing drugs in the sport is allowing a no-limit race towards better, smarter, less visible drugs (alike whats happening in professional cycling).

He got caught, he will have to prove that he was not taking anything and that someone else peed in his pot. And next time, the factory rider with the top trainers, the top bike, the top entourage, will make sure he thinks before he goes to GNC to buy stuff.
True but what happens after an Adverse Finding is up to the sports sanctioning body, correct? The worlds greatest stage racer in pro cycling had an Adverse Finding for more than twice the allowed amount of salbutamol during the Tour of Spain. He’s going to arbitration and hasn’t missed a race on his program. And Froome will collect a $2,000,000 appearance fee at the Giro d’Italia before his case is heard. FIM is a joke.

#freebroc

And #freebiglenny
Beeby
4/27/2018 6:31pm
Brent wrote:
...regardless about what you think of Broc Tickle being innocent or guilty in regards to taking a banned substance, I find the due process being used...
...regardless about what you think of Broc Tickle being innocent or guilty in regards to taking a banned substance, I find the due process being used by the FIM to be shameful and amateurish.

The AMA had better keep in mind that they themselves could be subject to legal action by a rider whose livelihood is taken away in this manner.

If I was Tickle's lawyer I would be firing off letters to Westerville, Ohio at this point...
I’m pretty sure that is exactly what Tickles statement is. It’s a warning shot that he is innocent and he is losing his career and when he proves he is innocent someone will pay.
Beeby
4/27/2018 6:33pm
Nighttrain wrote:
True but what happens after an Adverse Finding is up to the sports sanctioning body, correct? The worlds greatest stage racer in pro cycling had an...
True but what happens after an Adverse Finding is up to the sports sanctioning body, correct? The worlds greatest stage racer in pro cycling had an Adverse Finding for more than twice the allowed amount of salbutamol during the Tour of Spain. He’s going to arbitration and hasn’t missed a race on his program. And Froome will collect a $2,000,000 appearance fee at the Giro d’Italia before his case is heard. FIM is a joke.

#freebroc

And #freebiglenny
Agreed. It should be innocent until proven guilty
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/27/2018 7:45pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Get the FIM out of our sport!!! We can test our own athletes and hand out common sense punishment for our sport. The FIM is not...
Get the FIM out of our sport!!! We can test our own athletes and hand out common sense punishment for our sport. The FIM is not the correct governing body for our sport.
Who is?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/27/2018 7:49pm
logan_140 wrote:
Sample b meaning he hasn’t taken it yet? Drink a shit ton of water and hope for the best
The initial sample (San Diego) was split into an A and B sample.

newmann
4/27/2018 7:51pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Get the FIM out of our sport!!! We can test our own athletes and hand out common sense punishment for our sport. The FIM is not...
Get the FIM out of our sport!!! We can test our own athletes and hand out common sense punishment for our sport. The FIM is not the correct governing body for our sport.
GuyB wrote:
Who is?
According to the email I got years ago from the AMA, MX Sports and DC. Those fuggers dropped everything in his lap. Shocked
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/27/2018 8:15pm
Broc should have immediate, unfettered access to all the evidence used against him. He should be able to have an independent testing body test his "A" and "B" samples on his own dime if he so chooses. Finally, all athletes should be given the opportunity to retain a small portion of their own samples for records purposes. (Or those additional samples should be in the custody of a trusted 3rd-party authority.) These safeguards would prohibit any funny business, if there is any now.

This whole things smacks of "guilty until proven innocent" and "we have to justify our own existence, so let's make somebody guilty every now and then."
APLMAN99
4/27/2018 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 8:29pm
hamncheeze wrote:
It is not WADA's fault here. They lay out the code and the testing is handled in WADA-approved labs. The athletic federation (in this case the...
It is not WADA's fault here. They lay out the code and the testing is handled in WADA-approved labs. The athletic federation (in this case the FIM) is responsible for the suspension and communication with the athlete.

This process is obviously horribly run on the FIM's part. Look at the delays with James, Cade Clason and now this. Other sports under the WADA code can at least get things done at a reasonable pace.

If anything needs to change it's that SX should ditch the stupid FIM sanction and just go full AMA like outdoors. The AMA along with WADA and USADA can at least move things along at a reasonable pace. But I suspect there are some weird money reasons why Feld won't leave the FIM for sanction, and I suspect a big part of it might be the FIM association with a big energy drink company with a giant M.
Pretty sure this is incorrect.

When a sporting body, such as the FIM or AMA, joins in WADA or USADA's testing program, they are bound by the punishments that WADA/USADA issue. The FIM/AMA doesn't have the discretion to assess or alter the penalties that are agreed upon by WADA/USADA/CAS.
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
4/27/2018 8:38pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Pretty sure this is incorrect. When a sporting body, such as the FIM or AMA, joins in WADA or USADA's testing program, they are bound by...
Pretty sure this is incorrect.

When a sporting body, such as the FIM or AMA, joins in WADA or USADA's testing program, they are bound by the punishments that WADA/USADA issue. The FIM/AMA doesn't have the discretion to assess or alter the penalties that are agreed upon by WADA/USADA/CAS.
Respectfully disagree,but I am pretty sure that you are incorrect !!Search superbike WADA.
mxb2
4/27/2018 8:39pm
Brad460 wrote:
That’s my point...it’s a piss poor process. If there is even a 1% chance of a false positive they should always check the second sample as...
That’s my point...it’s a piss poor process. If there is even a 1% chance of a false positive they should always check the second sample as a matter of due diligence, especially when there is a positive result..
lostboy819 wrote:
Its only a bad process when you get caught. Blush
X2, they want rules for everyone, but not their guy. Like. Neighborhoods complain about speeders, lets write tickets. But dont write my family members tickets. Cant have it both ways.
4/27/2018 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 8:43pm
Alright then test everybody. Every race. Every moto.

This random shit is stupid.

Why can’t they allow him to race until after the b sample and hearing. If he’s found guilty strip him if his title and fine him his working contracted salary.

At this rate he won’t be able to race for 2 years even if he’s found innocent
4/27/2018 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 8:52pm
Why is Aldon in hiding? How come he has not come to Brocs defense? Is Aldon not controlling the diet of his riders? Who is? These guys at the Baker Factory are not on their own to mix and match supplements. I think Broc is innocent on a personal level but he got popped for DMAA. It came from somewhere?
mxb2
4/27/2018 8:58pm
Alright then test everybody. Every race. Every moto. This random shit is stupid. Why can’t they allow him to race until after the b sample and...

Why can’t they allow him to race until after the b sample and hearing. If he’s found guilty strip him if his title and fine him his working contracted salary.

Testing is expensive, the random testing should keep.riders on their toes, fear of getting caught. Guess he didnt learn from stewart,clason. His own fault, pretty sure baker knows what his riders eat and drink 24/7. If he took something off schedule ,shame on him. . My work has random drug tests,. I knew the rules when i signed a contract. And the penalty if doing something stupid. Tickle is a grown man.
APLMAN99
4/27/2018 9:10pm
Idp57 wrote:
Respectfully disagree,but I am pretty sure that you are incorrect !!Search superbike WADA.
If WADA didn't determine the length of bans, then who came up with the 4yr basis? Here's a quick article talking about WADA determining bans. WADA isn't a sanctioning body, so it isn't like this is discussing a specific sport......

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2015-wada-code-adds-four-year-bans-for-…
moto9
4/27/2018 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:17pm
I don't understand why we in the USA don't conduct our own testing??...it makes no sense.
A U.S. drug testing system can easily be set in place by a an independent 3rd party using two separate laboratory testing facilities for both mx and sx.
If AMA along with feld, teams and riders sit down they could implement a set of rules that is agreeable to all.
Wada's information sharing, rules and disciplinary actions are just plain redicoulis, I'd go so far as to even question the quality of the testing.
The punishments are basically career ending for sx and mx athletes.
Something needs to be done, NASCAR has it, no reason sx and mx can't do the same.

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/27/2018 9:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:25pm
Alright then test everybody. Every race. Every moto. This random shit is stupid. Why can’t they allow him to race until after the b sample and...

mxb2 wrote:
Testing is expensive, the random testing should keep.riders on their toes, fear of getting caught. Guess he didnt learn from stewart,clason. His own fault, pretty sure...
Testing is expensive, the random testing should keep.riders on their toes, fear of getting caught. Guess he didnt learn from stewart,clason. His own fault, pretty sure baker knows what his riders eat and drink 24/7. If he took something off schedule ,shame on him. . My work has random drug tests,. I knew the rules when i signed a contract. And the penalty if doing something stupid. Tickle is a grown man.
Agree or disagree with the following:

If a rider tests positive for a banned substance, then rider can continue to ride (i.e. work) until the results of the second test results are provided. If both tests come back positive, then sanctions are administered.

Our company (I'm one of the owners) performs random drug testing. I'm a chemical engineer and we work around some potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment on a daily basis. We random drug test for a reason (multiple reasons actually): 1) Legal liability 2) We genuinely care about the safety of our employees and customer's employees - and a person under the influence could be a potentially very unsafe situation for them and the people around them. So it is what it is. But if someone does test positive for something, the first thing we do is PROMPTLY re-test. If the second test comes back positive, we deal with that accordingly.

Being in the industrial chemical industry, we utilize labs on a daily basis to perform special testing of various samples - water and chemical samples as well as deposit and metallurgical samples. I see clear lab mistakes on a bi-monthly basis. We never, EVER take extreme actions without getting a second sample tested and confirmed - ever. My whole beef in this situation is, Broc should still be allowed to do his job until the second set of tests come back - which should happen in
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
4/27/2018 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:34pm
Wow, just read Broc’s letter. He is in the beginning stages of the death of his career and life as he knows it. There is no “due process” in many of these other countries. There’s literally nothing he can do. He had a violation, and that’s it.

And all the US MX mgmt shakes their hands and says “Sorry, nothing we can do.” That is all a complete lie. Meanwhile, they allow the FIM and WADA to flex it’s muscle and power by making examples of AMA riders.
JM485
4/27/2018 9:50pm
mxb2 wrote:
Testing is expensive, the random testing should keep.riders on their toes, fear of getting caught. Guess he didnt learn from stewart,clason. His own fault, pretty sure...
I'm curious, if your work suddenly fell under the same guidelines and scrutiny of WADA testing and if you were found guilty of anything you would immediately lose your job, what would you do? Would you memorize everything on the absurdly expansive list? Who would you call them before you eat anything to make absolutely sure you aren't ingesting some vaguely known substance that just happens to be on said list and read out every ingredient to them? Seriously, think about how impractical this whole stupid thing is, it's a little beyond the simplicity you're trying to describe it as. I'm not a chemist or a nutritionist, I'd have no clue where to even start or what the hell to do, and I doubt any of you beating the "he knew the rules/ be an adult" drum would know what to do either. At least Broc has Baker in his corner to consult, but a guy like Cade is totally out to lunch trying to figure this out.

I don't care what you take, no substance is going to magically move you up 5 spots each week, and definitely not something as obscure as what Broc got caught with. FIM can suck it, we don't need them and it's pathetic on the AMA's part that they don't take a stand and do what's right, its embarracing that I have to be a member of their useless club to race. They wrote a cute little letter when James was getting screwed over, lets see what they do for Broc. . .
Pdub
4/27/2018 10:12pm
Pdub wrote:
Professional athletes should be able to take any got-damn thing they want. Get rid of "drug" testing across the board, in all sports. If the athletes...
Professional athletes should be able to take any got-damn thing they want. Get rid of "drug" testing across the board, in all sports. If the athletes want to f#$k up their bodies, that's on them. They're supposedly adults, and every other risk they take in order to win at their given sport is their own responsibility, so why limit them?
What a stupid idea. If you make it a free for all the guys with the most money and access to the expensive drugs will have...
What a stupid idea. If you make it a free for all the guys with the most money and access to the expensive drugs will have a significant advantage over the others, and every single athlete would be forced to be on drugs which may be dangerous to their health. Even though guys still find ways to cheat at least with drug testing there are limitations to what they can do and there is somewhat of an even playing field.
Every competitive pro athlete is already doing everything they can to enhance their performance to gain an advantage. There will never be an "even playing field" because there will always be those who can afford to pay for the very best equipment, trainers etc, and those that can't. Banning certain drugs (some of which are completely legal) in order to induce parity is ridiculous.

Now, banning certain substances because they're harmful is noble, in a way, but feigning concern for an athlete's health while supporting their participation in an inherently risky activity is ludicrous. Or, you might say, stupid.

All of the sturm und dang that led to widespread adoption of anti-doping rules is about putting lipstick on the pig of unchecked greed in professional sports. NOT by the athletes themselves, but by the owners of these cash cows, trying to placate the ticket-buying public by convincing them their favorite sport is "clean" and they actually care about the welfare of the athletes they "own."
Rdubs19
4/27/2018 10:18pm
Since we have all been informed by our superiors that the earth would literally stop spinning if supercross didn't have the added "legitimacy" and "prestige" of being AN FIM WORRRRLD CHAMPIONSHIP, maybe 1 rider per year should be sacrificed on the steps of the FIM or WADA headquarters to further please the real rulers of the sport.
mxb2
4/27/2018 10:18pm
mxb2 wrote:
JM485 wrote:
I'm curious, if your work suddenly fell under the same guidelines and scrutiny of WADA testing and if you were found guilty of anything you would...
I'm curious, if your work suddenly fell under the same guidelines and scrutiny of WADA testing and if you were found guilty of anything you would immediately lose your job, what would you do? Would you memorize everything on the absurdly expansive list? Who would you call them before you eat anything to make absolutely sure you aren't ingesting some vaguely known substance that just happens to be on said list and read out every ingredient to them? Seriously, think about how impractical this whole stupid thing is, it's a little beyond the simplicity you're trying to describe it as. I'm not a chemist or a nutritionist, I'd have no clue where to even start or what the hell to do, and I doubt any of you beating the "he knew the rules/ be an adult" drum would know what to do either. At least Broc has Baker in his corner to consult, but a guy like Cade is totally out to lunch trying to figure this out.

I don't care what you take, no substance is going to magically move you up 5 spots each week, and definitely not something as obscure as what Broc got caught with. FIM can suck it, we don't need them and it's pathetic on the AMA's part that they don't take a stand and do what's right, its embarracing that I have to be a member of their useless club to race. They wrote a cute little letter when James was getting screwed over, lets see what they do for Broc. . .
My job has guidelines and rules,signing the paying contract says the employee understands what they just signed.Not knowing the rules is not an excuse. I was given a rules and procedure binders. Its up to me to know what is allowed. And what isnt. Do you think he read his $$ contract word for word or didnt take the time to read it all, or just signed it? People like or dislike wada, until.it changes the rules are what they are. Know them or pay the penalty.
mb
4/27/2018 10:19pm
American fans hate the FIM and WADA. The process is a joke, as is the punishment.

To say that what they do is "hard" and that it couldn't be done better by anyone else is simply laughable.
JM485
4/27/2018 10:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
JM485 wrote:
I'm curious, if your work suddenly fell under the same guidelines and scrutiny of WADA testing and if you were found guilty of anything you would...

mxb2 wrote:
My job has guidelines and rules,signing the paying contract says the employee understands what they just signed.Not knowing the rules is not an excuse. I was...
My job has guidelines and rules,signing the paying contract says the employee understands what they just signed.Not knowing the rules is not an excuse. I was given a rules and procedure binders. Its up to me to know what is allowed. And what isnt. Do you think he read his $$ contract word for word or didnt take the time to read it all, or just signed it? People like or dislike wada, until.it changes the rules are what they are. Know them or pay the penalty.
You didn’t even attempt to answer my question. Here’s a link for your reference:

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/prohibited_list_2018_en.pdf

Now, what would you do, or how would you go about understanding each substance and ensuring none of this was entering your body?
Helder
4/28/2018 12:30am
Another example of the stupidity;

As Hansel mentioned, Anderson can clinch his first 450SX title this weekend. It won’t be the only thing to watch, though. For years, Anderson has dealt with altitude sickness and has yet to receive a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) for the medicine he would need to take. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna team manager Bobby Hewitt told Aaron Hansel this prior to Thunder Valley last year: 

"What happens, like most riders, [Anderson’s] heart rate elevates in the first couple laps,” Hewitt said. “It happens all the time, and under normal circumstances, he’s able to control his breathing and bring his heart rate back down and finish the moto. When he’s at altitude, he can’t get his heart rate back down, and it continues to climb. If your heart rate is beating 200 times a minute, you feel that, and because he can’t control it and bring it back down like he does at the other races, he starts to get panic attacks. It’s something that’s very serious, and it’s not a joking matter. There have been people who have died from this stuff. Last year, he was leading, but it got to a point where he felt his heart was going to explode in his chest. He was scared he was going to die if he didn’t pull off."

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
4/28/2018 1:22am
Helder wrote:
Another example of the stupidity; As Hansel mentioned, Anderson can clinch his first 450SX title this weekend. It won’t be the only thing to watch, though...
Another example of the stupidity;

As Hansel mentioned, Anderson can clinch his first 450SX title this weekend. It won’t be the only thing to watch, though. For years, Anderson has dealt with altitude sickness and has yet to receive a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) for the medicine he would need to take. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna team manager Bobby Hewitt told Aaron Hansel this prior to Thunder Valley last year: 

"What happens, like most riders, [Anderson’s] heart rate elevates in the first couple laps,” Hewitt said. “It happens all the time, and under normal circumstances, he’s able to control his breathing and bring his heart rate back down and finish the moto. When he’s at altitude, he can’t get his heart rate back down, and it continues to climb. If your heart rate is beating 200 times a minute, you feel that, and because he can’t control it and bring it back down like he does at the other races, he starts to get panic attacks. It’s something that’s very serious, and it’s not a joking matter. There have been people who have died from this stuff. Last year, he was leading, but it got to a point where he felt his heart was going to explode in his chest. He was scared he was going to die if he didn’t pull off."

Damn! That really sucks.

Post a reply to: From Broc Tickle

The Latest