From Broc Tickle

4/27/2018 2:27pm
mikec265 wrote:
Is there a simpler term for what was discovered in his system? Decoster said it wasn't much different than an extra cup of coffee.
I don’t know what cups of coffee he drinks with DMAA in, but I want some. Stuff was awesome in the old pre workouts before it was made illegal
logan_140
4/27/2018 2:29pm
logan_140 wrote:
Sample b meaning he hasn’t taken it yet? Drink a shit ton of water and hope for the best
A sample and B sample are from the same urine collection kit. They just isolate a certain quantity for re-testing purposes against a potential lab error.
Ohhhh thanks for clarifying, was about to say he should be good to go if it’s like 20 days from now lol
logan_140
4/27/2018 2:30pm
logan_140 wrote:
When the gate drops Saturday night all the riders should just shut the bikes off. #freebroc
DA498 wrote:
This or something similar needs to happen.
It’s the only thing that will make the fim listen. They could care less about people bitching on a forum or Facebook comments. But when those bikes get shut off and people start turning the channel that’s where it’s gonna hurt.
peelout
4/27/2018 2:35pm
logan_140 wrote:
When the gate drops Saturday night all the riders should just shut the bikes off. #freebroc
HEADLINE:
Marvin Musquin exits track after White Flag waves

The Shop

okieonayamaha
Fantasy
1246th
4/27/2018 2:47pm
So does SX have a contract to be under FIM rules for a certain amount of years? Or is this something indefinite?
ttugrad1793
4/27/2018 2:49pm
peelout wrote:
HEADLINE:
Marvin Musquin exits track after White Flag waves
there was a great Jay Leno bit one time where he was interviewing NBA guys.
He gets to Tony Parker (very, VERY French) and the question asked courtside was:
"Sometimes, does your Frenchness flare up and you feel like just giving up at halftime?"

Parker glared at him.
That must have been 6 or 7 years ago and I always laugh when thinking about it.

Carry on.
BigDaddyG
4/27/2018 2:56pm
Get the FIM out of our sport!!! We can test our own athletes and hand out common sense punishment for our sport. The FIM is not the correct governing body for our sport.
Sully22
4/27/2018 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 3:03pm
I could see them banning him for the remainder of SX, or sitting out a few rounds. But it's crazy to think an NFL player caught using PED's usually gets a 4 game ban for a first offense....and our sport is nowhere near the level of the NFL, so why would they be banning guys for years, taking away their livelihood? I don't get how banning riders a year, or 2, or 4 or whatever is the right call, when it's a first offense.

From ESPN, 09/17/2014...NFL, union approve new PED policy

A first violation of the PED policy will result in a suspension without pay for up to six games depending on violation:

• Positive tests for diuretics or masking agents will result in a two-game ban;

• Positive tests for a steroid, stimulant or HGH will result in a four-game ban;

• Evidence that an attempt was made to manipulate a test result will result in a six-game suspension.

Players will receive a 10-game suspension for a second violation of the policy, while a third positive test will result in a suspension of at least two years.

EDIT...and yes, I get it,the two sports are entirely different, but I'm using the NFL as an example...
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/27/2018 3:02pm
It was the teams and riders who wanted drug testing in the first place.
Frank
4/27/2018 3:17pm
Bad things happen to good people all the time. Wish Broc the best in his future endeavors or his comeback in 4 years.

As a fan I would be fully willing to go 1-3 years without supercross if it meant getting the FIM out of the sport. This is really on the mcf's. They won't sign a rider unless they race the FIM supercross series.
hamncheeze
4/27/2018 3:30pm
dkg wrote:
While there are a few errors in the sponsorship issue, ie. it is AMA Pro Racing, not AMA that sanctions the outdoors, I agree with what...
While there are a few errors in the sponsorship issue, ie. it is AMA Pro Racing, not AMA that sanctions the outdoors, I agree with what you are saying. Most importantly, you may have identified a possible solution. Perhaps some diplomatically worded correspondence fro a bunch of fans to the big “M” would result in changes at the FIM on how they handle this entire process.
I sort of forgot the nuances in the outdoor sanctioning. Is AMA Pro Racing a separate sanctioning body from the regular AMA? Do the AMA officials at SX races work for AMA Pro Racing or the regular AMA? Regardless the ultimate solution for SX going forward is to dump the FIM as its sanctioning body. Drug testing is obviously important at this level but so far the FIM has proven 100% inept in dealing with anything that comes up. There are a lot of futures and jobs at stake, it's a shame to see a lousy organization like the FIM effectively holding people hostage.

FWIW I'm up here in Canada where we have our own sanctioning shitshows going on: CMRC, CMA, Jetworx with a mix of FIM. I'm glad I'm long retired....things were a lot more simple in the 80s.
PTshox
4/27/2018 3:30pm
AMA pro racing needs to step in now and fix this.

They need to let the FIM know that this is "NOT OK". That the testing needs to be done in 3-7 days, retests in the same time frame, a hearing in 10-14 days after incident, and that the penalitys don't fit the infractions.

THEY NEED TO DICTATE to the FIM what is acceptable to the US series. If the FIM doesn't respond in days, simply inform the FIM that AMA Pro Racing is no longer working with the FIM.

Simple. There is NO benefit to the US series (SX and Moto-X) to have these clowns have this kind of power over the series and riders. So, don't let it happen.

Paging Davey Coombs. Davey, stand up and take a stand. Take control of this situation and don't let the FIM ruin US based racing. Let them screw up their own series!
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
4/27/2018 3:34pm
hamncheeze wrote:
It is not WADA's fault here. They lay out the code and the testing is handled in WADA-approved labs. The athletic federation (in this case the...
It is not WADA's fault here. They lay out the code and the testing is handled in WADA-approved labs. The athletic federation (in this case the FIM) is responsible for the suspension and communication with the athlete.

This process is obviously horribly run on the FIM's part. Look at the delays with James, Cade Clason and now this. Other sports under the WADA code can at least get things done at a reasonable pace.

If anything needs to change it's that SX should ditch the stupid FIM sanction and just go full AMA like outdoors. The AMA along with WADA and USADA can at least move things along at a reasonable pace. But I suspect there are some weird money reasons why Feld won't leave the FIM for sanction, and I suspect a big part of it might be the FIM association with a big energy drink company with a giant M.
Actually, WADA does set the penalties, too. I believe it's up the the FIM to enforce them, but it's all WADA-driven. Back in 2013 they tried to allow cyclists to "explain" any positives by providing any backup info, but I don't know if that ever did anyone any good.

I just know I have the whole drug testing joke that it has become, taking away a guys livelihood and career for something that's not germane to the big-time cheating umbrella that this is all done under (steroids, epo, etc.).
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
4/27/2018 3:45pm
Sully22 wrote:
I could see them banning him for the remainder of SX, or sitting out a few rounds. But it's crazy to think an NFL player caught...
I could see them banning him for the remainder of SX, or sitting out a few rounds. But it's crazy to think an NFL player caught using PED's usually gets a 4 game ban for a first offense....and our sport is nowhere near the level of the NFL, so why would they be banning guys for years, taking away their livelihood? I don't get how banning riders a year, or 2, or 4 or whatever is the right call, when it's a first offense.

From ESPN, 09/17/2014...NFL, union approve new PED policy

A first violation of the PED policy will result in a suspension without pay for up to six games depending on violation:

• Positive tests for diuretics or masking agents will result in a two-game ban;

• Positive tests for a steroid, stimulant or HGH will result in a four-game ban;

• Evidence that an attempt was made to manipulate a test result will result in a six-game suspension.

Players will receive a 10-game suspension for a second violation of the policy, while a third positive test will result in a suspension of at least two years.

EDIT...and yes, I get it,the two sports are entirely different, but I'm using the NFL as an example...
Great post Sully!!!
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
4/27/2018 3:47pm
How do they not automatically test a second sample before announcing a failed test?! This is what makes this whole deal such bullshit and unprofessional..

Unfortunately guys like Ryan Braun and Lance Armstrong have made it nearly impossible for anyone to be taken serious when they claim innocence..
4/27/2018 3:49pm
logan_140 wrote:
DA498 wrote:
Yep
4/27/2018 3:51pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Yet everyone here is trying to blame the system instead of the rider that tested positive. Weird huh?
4/27/2018 3:55pm
Brad460 wrote:
How do they not automatically test a second sample before announcing a failed test?! This is what makes this whole deal such bullshit and unprofessional.. Unfortunately...
How do they not automatically test a second sample before announcing a failed test?! This is what makes this whole deal such bullshit and unprofessional..

Unfortunately guys like Ryan Braun and Lance Armstrong have made it nearly impossible for anyone to be taken serious when they claim innocence..
Because it's not for them to decide to test the B sample. The rider can request they do if he/she disagrees with the positive A sample.
4/27/2018 4:00pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Yet everyone here is trying to blame the system instead of the rider that tested positive. Weird huh?
I don't believe anyone is blaming WADA or the FIM for Broc testing positive...
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
4/27/2018 4:06pm
FIM seems to be an even bigger joke than the AMA.
mb60
4/27/2018 4:14pm
Samething JS7 went through. No reason in the world the FIM should be int MX series in the states.
Helder
4/27/2018 4:17pm
logan_140 wrote:
DA498 wrote:
Agree this would be great!
JM485
4/27/2018 4:27pm
lostboy819 wrote:
You guys really believe that if anyone knew it was going to be this big of a shit show they would have advocated for it? People were under the assumption it would be carried out in a timely and professional manner, not by a bunch of ass clowns trying to stretch their oversight and inflate their egos.

Pdub
4/27/2018 4:41pm
Professional athletes should be able to take any got-damn thing they want. Get rid of "drug" testing across the board, in all sports. If the athletes want to f#$k up their bodies, that's on them. They're supposedly adults, and every other risk they take in order to win at their given sport is their own responsibility, so why limit them?
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
4/27/2018 4:58pm
Brad460 wrote:
How do they not automatically test a second sample before announcing a failed test?! This is what makes this whole deal such bullshit and unprofessional.. Unfortunately...

Because it's not for them to decide to test the B sample. The rider can request they do if he/she disagrees with the positive A sample.
That’s my point...it’s a piss poor process. If there is even a 1% chance of a false positive they should always check the second sample as a matter of due diligence, especially when there is a positive result..
bad juju
4/27/2018 5:16pm
Flip109 wrote:
I’d rather have blood doping and HGH in the sport than riders getting banned for pre workout sups. FUCK THIS!
X2
4/27/2018 5:24pm
Pdub wrote:
Professional athletes should be able to take any got-damn thing they want. Get rid of "drug" testing across the board, in all sports. If the athletes...
Professional athletes should be able to take any got-damn thing they want. Get rid of "drug" testing across the board, in all sports. If the athletes want to f#$k up their bodies, that's on them. They're supposedly adults, and every other risk they take in order to win at their given sport is their own responsibility, so why limit them?
What a stupid idea. If you make it a free for all the guys with the most money and access to the expensive drugs will have a significant advantage over the others, and every single athlete would be forced to be on drugs which may be dangerous to their health. Even though guys still find ways to cheat at least with drug testing there are limitations to what they can do and there is somewhat of an even playing field.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/27/2018 5:32pm
Brad460 wrote:
That’s my point...it’s a piss poor process. If there is even a 1% chance of a false positive they should always check the second sample as...
That’s my point...it’s a piss poor process. If there is even a 1% chance of a false positive they should always check the second sample as a matter of due diligence, especially when there is a positive result..
Its only a bad process when you get caught. Blush

Post a reply to: From Broc Tickle

The Latest