From Broc Tickle

RonJon
4/27/2018 12:26pm
Another thing I would note, I have a few friends that are professionals and you would be amazed at how many times the top guys have been randomly tested multiple times this year. I really find it hard to believe that someone like Broc or Cade would openly cheat with the amount of scrutiny they are all under.and knowing how likely they would be tested multiple times this year.

It would be interesting to see if Broc was tested this season before he failed the SD test. I know at least 2 notable riders were tested at Atlanta and then again in Daytona
4/27/2018 12:40pm
Its absolutely pointless having a statement from the person caught, they will never admit to cheating, especially before the B sample is tested.
peelout
4/27/2018 12:46pm
he's really well spoken, my guess is he is probably telling the truth

The Shop

motosmith
4/27/2018 12:49pm
Its absolutely pointless having a statement from the person caught, they will never admit to cheating, especially before the B sample is tested.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
bowser977
4/27/2018 12:57pm
peelout wrote:
I doubt he wrote that.
4/27/2018 1:02pm
If he has never intentionally... or negligently, ingested a prohibited substance like he claims, then it's awfully strange that he tested positive for one, no?
IWreckALot
4/27/2018 1:03pm
TDeath21 wrote:
So he isn’t allowed to race at all until they test his B sample? I thought normally an appeal meant you race until the B sample...
So he isn’t allowed to race at all until they test his B sample? I thought normally an appeal meant you race until the B sample is tested? Apparently not in this case?
I don't believe the B sample will come back any different. Just a suspicion. I think Broc ingested something with the HA in it unknowingly. The penalty system is beyond excessive and built around athletes that compete every 4 years. Unreasonable. If he is allowed to compete until the B sample is tested, his penalty period starts over. If the B sample tests clean, I'd be suing peoples asses off. That is why I don't think the B sample will be any different. Whether it truly is or isn't.
mxpro252
4/27/2018 1:04pm
kb228 wrote:
Makes sense. Personally i think a 6 month suspension and a year of weekly drug tests should be the penalty. Indefinitely banning a guy is extreme...
Makes sense. Personally i think a 6 month suspension and a year of weekly drug tests should be the penalty. Indefinitely banning a guy is extreme for what he was caught for
Yea including frequent tests could be a decent way to go about it. Would allow someone to prove they're clean or that there was an error while giving everyone peace of mind.
Johnny Depp
4/27/2018 1:12pm
We can find out if we are diabetic and in Ketosis, or women find out if they were pregnant instantly with a pee strip. Something more immediate and transparent would be a nice, so that if a rider popped, they would know immediately and a re-stest could be done in a timely fashion. What about a hair test like employers use? There must be a better way. Guilty until proven innocent with no right to timely due process and defense. Waste of time all together anyway when it takes YEARS later and even then only with TESTIMONY to catch the best like Lance Armstrong. A joke and waste of money.
PabstBR11
4/27/2018 1:14pm
TDeath21 wrote:
So he isn’t allowed to race at all until they test his B sample? I thought normally an appeal meant you race until the B sample...
So he isn’t allowed to race at all until they test his B sample? I thought normally an appeal meant you race until the B sample is tested? Apparently not in this case?
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't believe the B sample will come back any different. Just a suspicion. I think Broc ingested something with the HA in it unknowingly. The...
I don't believe the B sample will come back any different. Just a suspicion. I think Broc ingested something with the HA in it unknowingly. The penalty system is beyond excessive and built around athletes that compete every 4 years. Unreasonable. If he is allowed to compete until the B sample is tested, his penalty period starts over. If the B sample tests clean, I'd be suing peoples asses off. That is why I don't think the B sample will be any different. Whether it truly is or isn't.
Ive been wondering the same.... With no transparency and all the hate going the FIM's way, even if the B sample was clean I have a feeling it wouldn't come back that way.... And as we have seen in this process and others, nothing anyone could do about it. They have all the power and thats just how it is, every step of the way. Super sketchy to me.
peelout
4/27/2018 1:17pm
peelout wrote:
bowser977 wrote:
I doubt he wrote that.
yeah right, are you calling Brock a liar
500guy
4/27/2018 1:24pm
None of us have any idea what happened, I think we all can agree the process is flawed.
Sparkey
4/27/2018 1:25pm
peelout wrote:
bowser977 wrote:
I doubt he wrote that.
peelout wrote:
yeah right, are you calling Brock a liar
I suspect that that was written with a lot of assistance from his attorney. No doubt his thoughts... but I doubt his wording
gnarwhip
4/27/2018 1:38pm
Why do we need the FIM in America?
500guy
4/27/2018 1:41pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Why do we need the FIM in America?
We don't, but when the AMA tried to force their hand with Supercross they screwed the pooch and now it's a bigger shit show than it ever was.

Luongo and SRB run the FIM and that is never going to be good for any USA based racing.
bents
Fantasy
909th
4/27/2018 1:46pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
FIM and WADA need to go. We need to do everything on our own. This is a joke. We lost JS because of them. Cade seems...
FIM and WADA need to go. We need to do everything on our own. This is a joke. We lost JS because of them. Cade seems to be equally as screwed, and now Broc. FIM just keeps proving how unprofessional they really are. They need to gtfo of here.
X2. And I would add the lack of transparency is pretty troubling, not to mention the length of time between tests, and the complete lack of communication in between all of this is so unacceptable. His professional career hangs in the balance, he is being dragged through the mud, with no end in sight without any opportunity to see/test the evidence. MX and SX have to go their own way here. This is a joke and I am gutted for Broc.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
4/27/2018 1:51pm
At least test the B sample before cutting a mans lively hood out. These aren't Olympic athletes, these are hardcore racers that earn a living at this. Drug testing should be done IMO, but at least make it timely and within reason...
logan_140
4/27/2018 2:01pm
When the gate drops Saturday night all the riders should just shut the bikes off. #freebroc
Flip109
4/27/2018 2:02pm
I’d rather have blood doping and HGH in the sport than riders getting banned for pre workout sups. FUCK THIS!
logan_140
4/27/2018 2:02pm
TDeath21 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I don't believe the B sample will come back any different. Just a suspicion. I think Broc ingested something with the HA in it unknowingly. The...
Sample b meaning he hasn’t taken it yet? Drink a shit ton of water and hope for the best
4/27/2018 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 2:08pm
logan_140 wrote:
Sample b meaning he hasn’t taken it yet? Drink a shit ton of water and hope for the best
A sample and B sample are from the same urine collection kit. They just isolate a certain quantity for re-testing purposes against a potential lab error.
dkg
4/27/2018 2:12pm
Madmax31 wrote:
He's having some major issues with the process. Could you imagine being a privateer, with no money and no factory support trying to fight this shit...
He's having some major issues with the process. Could you imagine being a privateer, with no money and no factory support trying to fight this shit.

It's time to move on from Wada!!!
hamncheeze wrote:
It is not WADA's fault here. They lay out the code and the testing is handled in WADA-approved labs. The athletic federation (in this case the...
It is not WADA's fault here. They lay out the code and the testing is handled in WADA-approved labs. The athletic federation (in this case the FIM) is responsible for the suspension and communication with the athlete.

This process is obviously horribly run on the FIM's part. Look at the delays with James, Cade Clason and now this. Other sports under the WADA code can at least get things done at a reasonable pace.

If anything needs to change it's that SX should ditch the stupid FIM sanction and just go full AMA like outdoors. The AMA along with WADA and USADA can at least move things along at a reasonable pace. But I suspect there are some weird money reasons why Feld won't leave the FIM for sanction, and I suspect a big part of it might be the FIM association with a big energy drink company with a giant M.
While there are a few errors in the sponsorship issue, ie. it is AMA Pro Racing, not AMA that sanctions the outdoors, I agree with what you are saying. Most importantly, you may have identified a possible solution. Perhaps some diplomatically worded correspondence fro a bunch of fans to the big “M” would result in changes at the FIM on how they handle this entire process.
mikec265
4/27/2018 2:21pm
Is there a simpler term for what was discovered in his system? Decoster said it wasn't much different than an extra cup of coffee.
Beeby
4/27/2018 2:22pm
They should let him ride and his results be provisional until the second test is done. Announcing it, banning him then doing the test is a bit like guilty until proven innocent
DA498
4/27/2018 2:26pm
logan_140 wrote:
When the gate drops Saturday night all the riders should just shut the bikes off. #freebroc
This or something similar needs to happen.

Post a reply to: From Broc Tickle

The Latest