From Broc Tickle

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
PR...

As has been widely reported, on April 12, 2018 I was notified by the FIM of an alleged Adverse Analytical Finding for 5-Methylhexan-2-Amine, stemming from a random urine test on February 10, 2018, directly after the San Diego Supercross Event. The notification from the FIM was a complete surprise to me because I have never, intentionally or negligently, ingested any prohibited substance, and specifically, the alleged substance I allegedly had in my system on February 10, 2018. I have never cheated, doped, or tried to better myself by taking the short way; nor, has anyone around me offered or provided to me any substance that is prohibited by the FIM Anti-Doping Code. I have worked too hard throughout my career to put my career at stake by taking any prohibited substance.

I am devastated about this allegation, and really frustrated with the process. The FIM has been less than professional with me regarding timeliness of communication, disclosure of information related to my Sample A test, and request to Test Sample B. After much delay, the FIM finally has informed me that the soonest that my Sample B will be tested is May 16, 2018*, the receipt of results and supporting lab documentation undisclosed. In addition, the soonest I will receive the lab documentation associated with Sample A is 10-15 working days from April 15th, 2018.

At this point, I have filed a Request to Lift the Discretionary Provisional Suspension imposed, but have little faith in this process as it is based solely on written documentation. The soonest that I will have a full blown hearing regarding this allegation will be months from now. I have discovered that the FIM is an organization that possesses ultimate power - to suspend a professional athlete with the stroke of a pen, without any process, opportunity to defend, and no supporting evidence. Consequently, the FIM eliminates the athlete’s source of income, and consequently their financial wherewithal to defend themselves with what little information is provided, all while refusing to timely communicate, and disclose evidence. To say that the process is unfair is an understatement.

Despite this disproportionality, I will do everything possible to fight this allegation, clear my name, and continue with my career. Should anyone have any information that may be relevant to my case, please contact my to my attorney, Brian D. Harrison at harrison@harrisonlegal.net. Thank you.

*Interestingly, shortly after filing of my Request to Lift the Provisional Suspension, the FIM advised me that they contacted the Laboratory to change the date for Sample B testing to May 9, 2018; however, no information was conveyed as to date of receipt of such test, or the lab documentation associated therewith.
|
kb228
4/27/2018 11:30am
What does he mean no evidence? Isnt a failed drug test pretty clear?
Motofinne
4/27/2018 11:30am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 11:31am
It seems like a complete shitshow from FIMs part.

I would never want to see a rider get caught but it would be interesting to see someone get caught in an outdoor race. How would AMA pro racing/MX Sports handle it? The penalty would probably be the same since USADA has basically the same penalties as WADA?

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/27/2018 11:35am
kb228 wrote:
by the sounds, he was not been given the lab reports, testing proceedure etc,
shuggs
4/27/2018 11:35am
kb228 wrote:
I take it he means that all WADA needs is test results.

I think it would be fair to lift the ban until results of B test are known. Fingers crossed for him but it’s WADA we’re talking about here
Donovan759
4/27/2018 11:36am
Wow. that's a shame. Not surprising to me though. Hopefully Broc can fight this and come out on the other side able to continue his career in the near future.

I just keep wondering how this is effecting his future potential with KTM. Decoster can't be thrilled about this situation.
4/27/2018 11:49am
kb228 wrote:
I have run laboratories for over a decade. I am sure Broc would like to see the actual data, and might want to know more about the individuals running it and their training. False positives and negatives happen for all assays (testing). People have been wrongly convinced or set free based on faulty tests, so it’s perfectly logical to want to audit the lab and it’s practices.
bvm111
4/27/2018 11:50am
What a shit show
motomike137
4/27/2018 11:51am
This is such bullshit. It's one thing to test and have penalties but to then drag out the date of the B test and not communicate with the athlete in an expedient manner is ridiculous.
Camp332
4/27/2018 11:52am
Eff these pricks messing with Broc Tickle over some bullshit!

early
Fantasy
2212th
4/27/2018 11:53am
kb228 wrote:
I have run laboratories for over a decade. I am sure Broc would like to see the actual data, and might want to know more about...
I have run laboratories for over a decade. I am sure Broc would like to see the actual data, and might want to know more about the individuals running it and their training. False positives and negatives happen for all assays (testing). People have been wrongly convinced or set free based on faulty tests, so it’s perfectly logical to want to audit the lab and it’s practices.
Along those lines, will the B sample be tested in the same lab or a different one?
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
4/27/2018 11:56am
He's having some major issues with the process. Could you imagine being a privateer, with no money and no factory support trying to fight this shit.

It's time to move on from Wada!!!
Motox627
4/27/2018 11:57am
Remind me again why we need the FIM? I get the fact that legit cheaters need to be caught and punished, but this "i cant eat that granola bar, or else" is bullshit.
4rings
4/27/2018 12:00pm
What a shitshow.

The ruling bodies/ officiating organizations are such jokes and continue to embarrass themselves. The AMA and FIM have no structure or consistency. The FIM should be dissolved before it ruins all things involving 2 wheels.

They don't even have the courtesy to share details with, let alone respond to BT.

disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
4/27/2018 12:00pm
Broc is more professional than the FIM
KiwiJack
4/27/2018 12:03pm
I'm all for drug testing in our sport, but this current method is a shit show.
hamncheeze
4/27/2018 12:06pm
Madmax31 wrote:
He's having some major issues with the process. Could you imagine being a privateer, with no money and no factory support trying to fight this shit...
He's having some major issues with the process. Could you imagine being a privateer, with no money and no factory support trying to fight this shit.

It's time to move on from Wada!!!
It is not WADA's fault here. They lay out the code and the testing is handled in WADA-approved labs. The athletic federation (in this case the FIM) is responsible for the suspension and communication with the athlete.

This process is obviously horribly run on the FIM's part. Look at the delays with James, Cade Clason and now this. Other sports under the WADA code can at least get things done at a reasonable pace.

If anything needs to change it's that SX should ditch the stupid FIM sanction and just go full AMA like outdoors. The AMA along with WADA and USADA can at least move things along at a reasonable pace. But I suspect there are some weird money reasons why Feld won't leave the FIM for sanction, and I suspect a big part of it might be the FIM association with a big energy drink company with a giant M.
TDeath21
4/27/2018 12:06pm
So he isn’t allowed to race at all until they test his B sample? I thought normally an appeal meant you race until the B sample is tested? Apparently not in this case?
Steadman
4/27/2018 12:11pm
Absolute bullshit. Gutted for the guy. North American motorcycle racing needs to find a way to breakaway from the FIM.
mxpro252
4/27/2018 12:13pm
kb228 wrote:
Probably meaning additional detail beyond someone reaching out to say “you failed”. Acknowledging how often there are errors all around us especially when human interaction is involved, there’s no way someone’s livelihood should be allowed to be taken from them without a lot of undeniable evidence of wrongdoing. Cheating is serious but so is handing out these types of punishments.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/27/2018 12:18pm
FIM and WADA need to go. We need to do everything on our own. This is a joke. We lost JS because of them. Cade seems to be equally as screwed, and now Broc. FIM just keeps proving how unprofessional they really are. They need to gtfo of here.
RonJon
WADA and the IOC are too incestuous for my liking. The only thing consistent between them is the amount of corruption. I have a feeling the FIM isn't far behind them. The one thing I find really odd is this, you don't hear a word about GP riders failing a drug test. If "riders are cheating" in Supercross, there have to be some doing the same thing in MXGP.....

Camp332
kb228 wrote:
mxpro252 wrote:
Probably meaning additional detail beyond someone reaching out to say “you failed”. Acknowledging how often there are errors all around us especially when human interaction is...
Probably meaning additional detail beyond someone reaching out to say “you failed”. Acknowledging how often there are errors all around us especially when human interaction is involved, there’s no way someone’s livelihood should be allowed to be taken from them without a lot of undeniable evidence of wrongdoing. Cheating is serious but so is handing out these types of punishments.
My sentiments exactly. I just didn't state them as nicely above.
ledger
What a shame how the powers to be can ruin a career. Mistakes happen daily and I honestly believe that Broc is innocent. The thing that pisses me off is the Time Lapse, the B Test should be done ASAP to eliminate any doubt. I don't know how many samples were taken at the time of BT's, but it is possible that there was a mixup. Anyway, good luck to BT.
kb228
4/27/2018 12:19pm
kb228 wrote:
mxpro252 wrote:
Probably meaning additional detail beyond someone reaching out to say “you failed”. Acknowledging how often there are errors all around us especially when human interaction is...
Makes sense. Personally i think a 6 month suspension and a year of weekly drug tests should be the penalty. Indefinitely banning a guy is extreme for what he was caught for
mauidex
4/27/2018 12:25pm
Fim officiating USA racing needs to end !!!!!!! What a crock of shitAngryAngryAngry

Post a reply to: From Broc Tickle

The Latest