Fro has gotta go

Edited Date/Time 1/23/2013 9:16pm
Fro has neither the IQ nor the verbal skills to properly present our sport to the masses. Yes, he has been a little better of late, but still pretty dismal. Now that K-Dub has hung up the boots, if he so chooses, would be the perfect candidate as a replacement.

My reasons:
1. He can complete a sentence, interview, or conversation without saying "uh" or stuttering 38 times
2. He has/had an extremely technical approach to riding that I believe could bring real analysis to the broadcast
3. He is a more than worthwhile spokesman/role model for all fans, youngsters, and sponsors. He did it the right way

thoughts???
|
jeffro503
1/20/2013 10:55pm
Of course KW would be great. But it's Jeff's gig for now. I think Jeff's doing fine. He's overcome a huge obstacle with his stuttering and doesn't do it anything like when he was younger. I think he's doing great.
brianfagan9
1/20/2013 10:58pm
Chill out bro. Fro seems like a good dude, I have no problem with him. Windham would be a good guest if Jeff wanted to leave the booth.
1/20/2013 11:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Of course KW would be great. But it's Jeff's gig for now. I think Jeff's doing fine. He's overcome a huge obstacle with his stuttering and...
Of course KW would be great. But it's Jeff's gig for now. I think Jeff's doing fine. He's overcome a huge obstacle with his stuttering and doesn't do it anything like when he was younger. I think he's doing great.
I'm not attacking Fro personally, and yes he has shown improvement. We all understand it is much more difficult than we realize watching it at home. However, I have grown a little weary, as I'm sure a lot of people have, of the same 5 tag lines repeated over and over again. Also, it seems That Fro's personality, which is rather flat, comes through in his broadcast.
40Plus_922mx
1/20/2013 11:05pm
Other than how to please a woman, what most of you also don't know is that Jeff had a serious speech impediment when he was a kid. For him to be where he is today is a huge accomplishment. I have been a critic at times. But he has grown leaps and bounds over the past couple of years. He and Ralph do a great job as of late.

As for KW he should open up an MX School. And every night have a house boat BBQ.

The Shop

ocscottie
1/20/2013 11:22pm
Also, it seems That Fro's personality, which is rather flat....

That is so laughable.
enketchum
1/20/2013 11:23pm
He was a stutterer, i believe.

I am also a stutterer. I like him
ocscottie
1/20/2013 11:25pm
Other than how to please a woman, what most of you also don't know is that Jeff had a serious speech impediment when he was a...
Other than how to please a woman, what most of you also don't know is that Jeff had a serious speech impediment when he was a kid. For him to be where he is today is a huge accomplishment. I have been a critic at times. But he has grown leaps and bounds over the past couple of years. He and Ralph do a great job as of late.

As for KW he should open up an MX School. And every night have a house boat BBQ.
It was mentioned in Jeffro's very 1st reply about what he has overcome Everyone is aware of that.
1/20/2013 11:26pm
Other than how to please a woman, what most of you also don't know is that Jeff had a serious speech impediment when he was a...

As far as the speech impediment goes, I'll eat some crow on that one. But, if someone is more qualified for the position, why not. All of us know that in our professional lives if someone is more skilled and qualified then they will probably get the gig. It's business, is it not? I just don't understand why people feel the need to prop others up because we feel they were slighted somehow?

It's just a question, would KW not be a bigger draw for all involved? Including sponsors, fans, industry insiders, and TV deals
bd
1/20/2013 11:31pm
Ironically I thought this was Fro's best show. I am not sure whether I like RC and Fro in the booth together.

You think an analyst is going to bring sponsorship, fans etc?
jasonv43
1/20/2013 11:36pm
I'm thinking that KW sticks it to RC just like at Unadilla.Shocked
1/20/2013 11:39pm
Fro has neither the IQ nor the verbal skills to properly present our sport to the masses. Yes, he has been a little better of late...
Fro has neither the IQ nor the verbal skills to properly present our sport to the masses. Yes, he has been a little better of late, but still pretty dismal. Now that K-Dub has hung up the boots, if he so chooses, would be the perfect candidate as a replacement.

My reasons:
1. He can complete a sentence, interview, or conversation without saying "uh" or stuttering 38 times
2. He has/had an extremely technical approach to riding that I believe could bring real analysis to the broadcast
3. He is a more than worthwhile spokesman/role model for all fans, youngsters, and sponsors. He did it the right way

thoughts???
STFU noob.
brianfagan9
1/20/2013 11:44pm
Fro has neither the IQ nor the verbal skills to properly present our sport to the masses. Yes, he has been a little better of late...

My reasons:

thoughts???
STFU noob.
Im gonna have to go with a +1 on that.
1/20/2013 11:44pm
bd wrote:
Ironically I thought this was Fro's best show. I am not sure whether I like RC and Fro in the booth together. You think an analyst...
Ironically I thought this was Fro's best show. I am not sure whether I like RC and Fro in the booth together.

You think an analyst is going to bring sponsorship, fans etc?
Directly, of course not. My point was a more professional and polished broadcast would be more appealing to the casual fan, thus being more attractive to sponsors. More viewers, more advertisers, more dollars, more growth
kb1324
1/20/2013 11:45pm
All this hate on Emig yet no mention of RC's piss-poor grammar?! I mean I know he's the GOAT and all, but the average viewer can definitely tell he was homeschooled. I think Emig does a great job. He really isn't repetitive unless he's talking about his keys to the race, and he educates the fans on certain things that some of them may not know about.
burnside
1/20/2013 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2013 11:49pm
I expect Fro will be replaced fairly soon. He's had a good run at it in TV terms. I think generally he's done a great job, but does feel like time to mix things up.They need to get the Weege in there man. Few years off yet, but I thought Reed killed it in the booth too.

Like the Pulp guys pointed out, their (all 3 of them) knowledge of 3 digit guys is appalling.
FIREfish148
1/20/2013 11:48pm
I love Fro. Dude is super laid back and just chill. I wish Ralph had more empathy for the riders but I guess that comes with never being a racer and what not. Every time he talked about Trey "Breaking his back last year" I kind of got a dark feeing while watching. Like, uhhh so waht they're racing here today... No one is crashing. I know he was just trying to emphasize the heart that the kid has but whatev. I used to think that Ralph had it out for Bubba but after watching the broadcast this week it seemed hes just honestly trying to do his job.

Fro got some points w/ me when he stood up and said something to the effect of "I don't want to see Trey's crash from last year again, it makes me sick."
bd
1/20/2013 11:49pm
kb1324 wrote:
All this hate on Emig yet no mention of RC's piss-poor grammar?! I mean I know he's the GOAT and all, but the average viewer can...
All this hate on Emig yet no mention of RC's piss-poor grammar?! I mean I know he's the GOAT and all, but the average viewer can definitely tell he was homeschooled. I think Emig does a great job. He really isn't repetitive unless he's talking about his keys to the race, and he educates the fans on certain things that some of them may not know about.
I would like to see RC in the booth by himself before I make that call.
bd
1/20/2013 11:53pm
burnside wrote:
I expect Fro will be replaced fairly soon. He's had a good run at it in TV terms. I think generally he's done a great job...
I expect Fro will be replaced fairly soon. He's had a good run at it in TV terms. I think generally he's done a great job, but does feel like time to mix things up.They need to get the Weege in there man. Few years off yet, but I thought Reed killed it in the booth too.

Like the Pulp guys pointed out, their (all 3 of them) knowledge of 3 digit guys is appalling.
Is that Fro's role? He is an analyst who points out racing strategy and tactics. How many three digit guys make it to every race?

Do not compare this to NFL analysts like Steve Young who went to a top law school after playing football.

They have the gentleman on TNT NBA beat in professionalism.
1/20/2013 11:58pm
I certainly hope no one thought I was attacking Emig as a man, just don't feel he is the best choice available. Would you rather have Bar Rafaeli (google her) on your arm, or your next door neighbor who could be cute if she lost the braces and her acne cleared up.
enketchum
1/20/2013 11:59pm
kb1324 wrote:
All this hate on Emig yet no mention of RC's piss-poor grammar?! I mean I know he's the GOAT and all, but the average viewer can...
"Jeff, can you tell us exactly what the tear off system is?"

Ricky as terrible grammar.
1/21/2013 12:03am

As far as the speech impediment goes, I'll eat some crow on that one. But, if someone is more qualified for the position, why not. All...
As far as the speech impediment goes, I'll eat some crow on that one. But, if someone is more qualified for the position, why not. All of us know that in our professional lives if someone is more skilled and qualified then they will probably get the gig. It's business, is it not? I just don't understand why people feel the need to prop others up because we feel they were slighted somehow?

It's just a question, would KW not be a bigger draw for all involved? Including sponsors, fans, industry insiders, and TV deals

I don't think so because just as with Jeff Emig, outside the sport no one knows who he is.

I must admit I think Kevin would be awesome but when all is said and done, not really better than Jeff. The novelty of having KW commentate would soon wear off. Jeff has also worked so hard to be there and already does it well imo.

Besides that I don't think Kevin would take it. It's a huge commitment away from family and on the road. Probably the last thing Kevin want's to do full time.
MX45
1/21/2013 1:13am
I had the pleasure of sitting next to Kdub for the 3rd moto at the last Monster Energy Cup. (which will go down as the highlight of my moto-life)

Yes, he would make a great commentator.

Nothing against Jeff or RC, but Kdub was way into it. He had me rollin'. He was calling passes, yelling at riders, cheering them on (and poking fun at them), and just reacting to everything like a hardcore fan. I asked him about the track, and some strategy with the joker lane just as Tomac was opting to take it early (lap 4?). He called it, that strategy worked and Tomac won.
Motodude
1/21/2013 3:12am

My reasons:

thoughts???
STFU noob.
Im gonna have to go with a +1 on that.
and I'll raise you a +2.
Motodude
1/21/2013 3:15am
As for RC, he might be piss poor at grammar but his pin point accurate take on race situations and classic race talk is top notch in my book.
Motodude
1/21/2013 3:22am
Ralph is the one dumbing down the show. Sometimes I cringe at the totally non-moto take he has, its not even remotely autosports some of the shit he dribbles. Ok, sure they have him there for all the non-moto folks, but come on. WTF are 'markers' anyway, its POINTS!! Way to go confusing moto newbies, people arent so stupid to not know what points are. Markers, is that competitiors or people scoring style points?
mx317
1/21/2013 4:36am

My reasons:

thoughts???
thoughts???

STFU
chillrich
1/21/2013 6:02am
I vote KW to replace RC or Ralph. He will be at races doing transfesr anyway..... lots of time to preparate Wink
JB 19
1/21/2013 6:09am

My reasons:

thoughts???
Jeff Emig has probably forgot more about the mechanical side of motorcycles than you will ever know.

Congratulations, you just won the Bozo Thread of the Week.

Post a reply to: Fro has gotta go

The Latest