Friese is dangerous.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2020 6:35 PM

I bet a few of these guys are ready to clean him out. Who's it going to be?

|

1/11/2020 6:44 PM

He belongs, look at his qualifying times. If he start ahead of you he has all the right to ride a wide bike. Another history would be if he was a lapper, but that's not that case.

|

1/11/2020 6:44 PM

|

1/11/2020 6:48 PM

EvelMX11 wrote:

Racing is dangerous. Danger is Vince's middle name.

|

1/11/2020 6:48 PM

Every year. Problem is, he also gets faster every year.

|

1/11/2020 6:49 PM

I don’t think he’s as bad as he used to be

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/11/2020 6:51 PM

It looks like he’s cleaned up a lot of his antics while getting faster, too. Roczen’s pass in their heat was a high risk/low reward move by KR94. He could have picked a better spot to get past Friese.

|

1/11/2020 6:53 PM

Makes it more interesting when he's getting in everyones way it bunches those guys up and makes for some serious battling..

|

1/11/2020 7:01 PM

FerCzD wrote:

He belongs, look at his qualifying times. If he start ahead of you he has all the right to ride a wide bike. Another history would be if he was a lapper, but that's not that case.

Just because you technically have the right to do something... doesn't mean you always should.

|

1/11/2020 7:16 PM

Friese qualifies for the main----every race.
Friese is a recognized holeshot artist---against the best riders.
Friese has a reputation of being a worker. He busts ass during the week. Does a lot of testing.
Friese isn't known as a yapper, but rather a hard worker with a quiet demeanor.
Yet, some of you come on here repeatedly and put the guy on hyper-blast.
And, you are the same blowholes that will shit your pants when Tony Alessi is named Captain of Team USA for MXoN. 🤙

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

1/11/2020 7:16 PM

EvelMX11 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Racing is dangerous. Danger is Vince's middle name.

Yup. Friese's proved he belongs. Vince isn't anywhere close to the same rider he was a few years ago.

|

1/11/2020 7:18 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

Friese has a reputation of being a worker. He busts ass during the week. Does a lot of testing.
And, you are the same blowholes that will shit your pants when Tony Alessi is named Captain of Team USA for MXoN. 🤙

Well said, 100% agree

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/11/2020 7:22 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

Well said, 100% agree

Yep..

|

1/11/2020 7:24 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

I've been saying Tony for mxdn manager for a few years!

|

1/11/2020 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 6:54 AM

It sure isn't easy holding a perfect line going that fast thats for sure also seeing as every single top rider in the world flies off the side of the track pretty regularly, some even a lot through out a career it definitely happens to everyone. Pushing your limits in moto is not a perfect science and skills and finesse vary greatly. I like the aggressive racing style like AC , Webb, Osbourne etc are bringing these days, All these guys are amazing athletes and I respect all of them. Great season going on.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

1/11/2020 9:12 PM

crowe176 wrote:

Yup. Friese's proved he belongs. Vince isn't anywhere close to the same rider he was a few years ago.

Agree 100%; he has went from barely making the night show to a top 15 guy. And he has mellowed out his antics on the racetrack, and it honestly shows in his results. I hope he has a successful and injury free 2020 season. 👍

|

1/11/2020 9:51 PM

UGOTBIT wrote:

This made me spill my vodka tonic......

|

1/11/2020 10:02 PM

Yup, he gave KR94 room tonight. He has cleaned up his antics. But he is like the #800.... he is a good starter and I am yelling at him to let the faster riders by. But the dude deserves credit. Jesus, he is one of the top 20 fastest riders in the US.

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

1/11/2020 10:34 PM

Hard to make a clean/ safe pass around the anchor he drags every week.

|

2018 CRF250R

1/11/2020 10:47 PM

Was watching the press conference just now, and Roczen just said: "I think we can all agree there's a couple of road blocks out there, and when they're getting good starts, that makes a lot of our lives a lot more difficult and more sketchy."

Wonder who he might be talking about?

|

1/11/2020 10:52 PM

Vince is 100x better but he still has his moments. He crossed-jumped Tomac on lap 1 of the heat race at A1 last week. I think he has to override his instincts and every now and then he still does some not-so-cool moves. Kind of like how Barcia has to override Bam Bam, he's 98% better but still might torpedo someone on any given night.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

1/11/2020 10:55 PM

Premixed112 wrote:

Was watching the press conference just now, and Roczen just said: "I think we can all agree there's a couple of road blocks out there, and when they're getting good starts, that makes a lot of our lives a lot more difficult and more sketchy."

Wonder who he might be talking about?

Well the answer to that would be beat the man off the gate! It’s a race bud

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

1/11/2020 11:16 PM

He's actually there as part of the track design. He's a featured obstacle just like triples and whoops. I heard Feld has him on special retainer and allows his bike to run NOS so he gets out front regularly.

All jokes aside, he puts down fast enough lap times, qualifies out of the heat's every night, and has raised his ability on one of the most important skills in racing: holeshots

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

1/11/2020 11:16 PM

Vince is way better than he was. l am also of the opinion that there's no such thing as a road block. They all earned their right to be there and they all start on the same line. They all race for the same duration. If you have trouble passing that's on you. There are no gifts and there ain't no road blocks.

|

1/11/2020 11:20 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

Tony Alessi is the new MXdN coach👍

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

1/11/2020 11:47 PM

I don't think he's dangerous (anymore) but I can imagine he'd be faaarken frustrating to try to get around..
He's only the slightest bit slower (than the top guys) and all his lines are in the middle of the track so he's only gotta drift the slightest amount and he's 'blocking' the rider behind..
I mean he's 100% entitled to do it but I can see why the other riders are off it

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/12/2020 12:50 AM

If only others would get better at starting eh???

Why cant they focus purely on starts for a while? The hard work has been done in off season so why not spend a day EVERY week solely on starts

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

1/12/2020 1:09 AM

I say good for Friese, dude has been busting his ass for years and his speed is really improving.

|

1/12/2020 1:20 AM

I honestly think if frieze would just race forward instead of defensively he would be staying up front longer.

|

1/12/2020 3:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 3:24 AM

lol

|