Friese A2 2017 & Dungey A1 2016....

APLMAN99
Just for reference, not making any judgement of my own.......!

(Well, not any judgement that counts!)

|
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/22/2017 2:04pm
Gtfo of here.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
1/22/2017 2:07pm
MX Guy wrote:
Gtfo of here.
Couldn't have said it better myself.....
1/22/2017 2:08pm
Can see the similarity to be honest, BOTH racing incidents, see nothing wrong at all with Friese pass, unfortunate for Anderson that he was cutting down. Dungey one was a racing incident because he came in hot off a rhythm section.

Proper stink bait thread though.
crusher773
1/22/2017 2:13pm
Lets look at their history. There is a reason Friese is the common denominator.

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/22/2017 2:17pm
Can see the similarity to be honest, BOTH racing incidents, see nothing wrong at all with Friese pass, unfortunate for Anderson that he was cutting down...
Can see the similarity to be honest, BOTH racing incidents, see nothing wrong at all with Friese pass, unfortunate for Anderson that he was cutting down. Dungey one was a racing incident because he came in hot off a rhythm section.

Proper stink bait thread though.
Definite stink bait, but that said the only thing I'll add is we know Dungey doesn't do that stuff intentionally as in nearly every race. Freise, on the other hand does it nearly every weekend and its usually after he gets passed and is dropping anchor - seems intentional to me. I don't mind any rubbing or hard passes. It just seems to me Friese doesn't have the skill or speed to pass somebody without running it in and making contact.
1/22/2017 2:19pm
Dungey, Friese, Ando, hands on mechanic, it doesn't matter who hits the ground....what matters is that we all extend our hands to help them back up onto their feet. Peace and love to all
cali11
1/22/2017 2:28pm
Only difference, Dungey is trying to take that guy on the 7 bikes leg off
APLMAN99
1/22/2017 2:31pm
Friese's line through that corner and Musquin's identical line through the corner previously.........

RG1
1/22/2017 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2017 2:38pm
I didn't think there was anything wrong with either of them. Dungey cased the rhythm and had no chance of stopping when he hit Stew. In both situations, the rider who got taken down turned down sharply in traffic
Flip109
1/22/2017 2:42pm
RG1 wrote:
I didn't think there was anything wrong with either of them. Dungey cased the rhythm and had no chance of stopping when he hit Stew. In...
I didn't think there was anything wrong with either of them. Dungey cased the rhythm and had no chance of stopping when he hit Stew. In both situations, the rider who got taken down turned down sharply in traffic
This
TeamGreen
1/22/2017 2:42pm
I like the compare and the "homework".

Nice!
APLMAN99
1/22/2017 2:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I like the compare and the "homework".

Nice!
I was rooting for your boy, and I thought that after the crash he'd come back and crush the semi and even possibly carry that chip over to the main event. I really wish he could have not responded on the way back to the pits.

I can't fully blame him, I've reacted worse than that in pick up basketball games! Emotions and adrenalin can make us do things that we normally wouldn't do. I don't think any less of him, but I wish he could have cooled down in his rig before things go to where they did. This could have been one of those springboard events that could have helped put him up that extra half notch that he needs right now to run at the front.
TeamGreen
1/22/2017 3:12pm
Thanks. That's how I see it, too.

Time for all the guys to have a mandatory Arenacross race...let's say to the tune of 2 riders at a time/spread out thru the season...? YES. IM A CLOWN.
Jspazz
1/22/2017 3:15pm
Going for a 10 pager it seems

agree similar, awareness was absent in both cases, but a helluva lot more traffic for Anderson to expect that.
JSmith
1/22/2017 3:18pm
Rubbin is racin
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/22/2017 3:39pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Friese's line through that corner and Musquin's identical line through the corner previously......... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170724/s1200_Friese1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170725/s1200_Musquin1.jpg[/img]
Friese's line through that corner and Musquin's identical line through the corner previously.........

Had Musquin ran into Anderson, he probably wouldn't have cried that much.
The problem was just the fact that it was Vince friese...
gt80rider
1/22/2017 4:27pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Friese's line through that corner and Musquin's identical line through the corner previously......... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170724/s1200_Friese1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170725/s1200_Musquin1.jpg[/img]

While the bikes are in the same spots, they are both in completely different context....

Marvin was at his apex in that pic and was turning to double out...

VF come into that corner 4 bikes lengths behind Ando... To put him in that spot his eventual apex was gonna be by the white America's tire tough block at the top of the berm... VF was pissed for getting stuffed the corner before and was in full retard mode to stuff mookie back in the next corner.... But, he was so far behind mookie that even his kamakazi line wouldn't allow him to hit him, so he ended up taking the next guy in line which was Ando...
TeamGreen
1/22/2017 4:30pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

gt80rider wrote:
While the bikes are in the same spots, they are both in completely different context.... Marvin was at his apex in that pic and was turning...
While the bikes are in the same spots, they are both in completely different context....

VF come into that corner 4 bikes lengths behind Ando... To put him in that spot his eventual apex was gonna be by the white America's tire tough block at the top of the berm... VF was pissed for getting stuffed the corner before and was in full retard mode to stuff mookie back in the next corner.... But, he was so far behind mookie that even his kamakazi line wouldn't allow him to hit him, so he ended up taking the next guy in line which was Ando...
BOOM!

No wonder you run with an Original Gangster name like "gt80"!

Hell, I remember the marroon ones and even the very 1st...which were 60s! Back in the day.
malachi177
1/22/2017 4:33pm
gt80rider wrote:
While the bikes are in the same spots, they are both in completely different context.... Marvin was at his apex in that pic and was turning...

100% correct and accurate gt80.
APLMAN99
1/22/2017 4:42pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

gt80rider wrote:

That's absolutely false. If you watch the footage in slo mo, both Friese and Musquin make their "pivot" at the same spot. Friese was turning exactly like Musquin just before the contact with Anderson occurred.

The only difference is that in the shot with Musquin on the inside, Friese didn't cut down the way that Anderson did.

Folks are wanting to hang Friese because of things other than this incident, which is somewhat understandable. But in this incident, he really didn't do anything egregious.

You may be right about the 4 bike lengths, as long as you are talking about little scale model bikes or something......

reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
1/22/2017 5:09pm
RG1 wrote:
I didn't think there was anything wrong with either of them. Dungey cased the rhythm and had no chance of stopping when he hit Stew. In...
Not even close...

Stewart's wheel was full out in front of dungey. VF took the line away...beat him to the spot. His wheel was well ahead of JA

Stewart turned down into no one...dungey blew up
hillbilly
1/22/2017 5:16pm
You all give a fuck about the strangest things.
Crush
1/22/2017 5:32pm
Just racing.

If you cut down, you put yourself in harm's way.

If you go for a block pass late in the turn, you put yourself in harm's way.

1/22/2017 5:41pm
The Dungey incident is an easy one to understand. He cased a jump, the case caused him to bounce, the bounce caused both tires to come off the ground. Since his tires were off the ground, he couldn't apply brakes to slow his momentum, so he kept going at about the speed he was when he hit the triple. He didn't have enough time on the ground because of the case, to slow down enough. Friese went in after a pretty flat straight away and went for a pass that wasn't there
APLMAN99
1/22/2017 5:58pm
The Dungey incident is an easy one to understand. He cased a jump, the case caused him to bounce, the bounce caused both tires to come...
The Dungey incident is an easy one to understand. He cased a jump, the case caused him to bounce, the bounce caused both tires to come off the ground. Since his tires were off the ground, he couldn't apply brakes to slow his momentum, so he kept going at about the speed he was when he hit the triple. He didn't have enough time on the ground because of the case, to slow down enough. Friese went in after a pretty flat straight away and went for a pass that wasn't there
That tries to explain him actually t-boning Stewart, but doesn't address that he was headed hard left and planned to turn well after the "apex" of the corner. It's obvious he was trying to at least pull a block pass, which is what Friese appeared to do. Otherwise he wouldn't have made contact with Stewart after the "midway" point of the corner.

Folks are just viewing these things differently because of the halo effect..........
speed_racer
Fantasy
1939th
1/22/2017 6:06pm
Friese has different standards than everyone else.

Racers hate that guy beating them or taking them out, although when Anderson does it we say he is just trying to get to the front.

No a fan of Friese, but he is just trying real hard and he has the take out maneuver built into his M.O. and people get tired of it.

Anderson and Peick were sucked into the Moto Concepts drama, bummer, and I bet Brayton is not loving the drama.
DannoJ919
1/22/2017 6:26pm
Two guys could run the same line through a corner on different laps and it have total different outcomes. As a racer you have to be aware of your surroundings and what other rider's are doing. I wouldn't say VF did anything wrong in this one but taking that line he is basically pulling out into traffic and stopping. He came out clean, but easily could have went down when JA hit him. He seems to not make the best racing decisions at times.
moto282
1/22/2017 7:01pm
Anderson has done worse to Seely. Maybe Friese's move was bad but if Anderson is going to dish it out he has to be able to take it. That is why I was disappointed with his reaction.

Post a reply to: Friese A2 2017 & Dungey A1 2016....

The Latest