Friese

Jmicmoto13
1/22/2017 2:01pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
"passed" the apex isn't a bad thing, is it........? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170715/s1200_dungey_stewart_a1.jpg[/img]
"passed" the apex isn't a bad thing, is it........?

Lol its a terrible thing!! That is the original example! Still makes me think what could have been last year had that not happened to Bubba.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/22/2017 2:17pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170696/s1200_IMG_4839.jpg[/img] He's past the apex of the turn and his bike isn't even facing the path of the track. Guy should be a little more on...

He's past the apex of the turn and his bike isn't even facing the path of the track. Guy should be a little more on the cautious side and leave those kind of "passes" for the last lap of an LCQ. As others have said, Anderson will rectify the situation sooner rather than later.
Thought there was the reason the track is 15' wide so you can go anywhere between the "bales". Why follow the leader when there is an opening to advance yourself? Might not be the main, fast line, but it's within the track boundaries.
Stoneface
1/22/2017 2:43pm
So did Anderson get "Freezed", "Friesed", or "Friesied"?
APLMAN99
1/22/2017 3:16pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
"passed" the apex isn't a bad thing, is it........? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170715/s1200_dungey_stewart_a1.jpg[/img]

Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Lol its a terrible thing!! That is the original example! Still makes me think what could have been last year had that not happened to Bubba.
You may want to send a memo to Musquin while you are thinking of it.......

The Shop

fox1nz
1/22/2017 3:23pm
Friese is fuking awesome, Yes awesome, he's doing a great job of shaking up these top guys getting air time like nobodies business. He rides he's lines well, Roczen had no problem getting past clean. Keep it up Friese this is racing and thats exactly what you are doing.
brimx153
1/22/2017 3:34pm
fox1nz wrote:
Friese is fuking awesome, Yes awesome, he's doing a great job of shaking up these top guys getting air time like nobodies business. He rides he's...
Friese is fuking awesome, Yes awesome, he's doing a great job of shaking up these top guys getting air time like nobodies business. He rides he's lines well, Roczen had no problem getting past clean. Keep it up Friese this is racing and thats exactly what you are doing.
x2
DPW
1/22/2017 3:38pm
fox1nz wrote:
Friese is fuking awesome, Yes awesome, he's doing a great job of shaking up these top guys getting air time like nobodies business. He rides he's...
reminds me of the great Eric Sorby
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/22/2017 3:39pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170696/s1200_IMG_4839.jpg[/img] He's past the apex of the turn and his bike isn't even facing the path of the track. Guy should be a little more on...

He's past the apex of the turn and his bike isn't even facing the path of the track. Guy should be a little more on the cautious side and leave those kind of "passes" for the last lap of an LCQ. As others have said, Anderson will rectify the situation sooner rather than later.
I love when people say a move/pass like this is ok on the last lap of an LCQ but not any other time. The bike is CLEARLY facing the path of the track (arcing the turn). There isn't one defined radius that a rider has to take in a given turn. What in the fuck is the logic there.....
Jmicmoto13
1/22/2017 4:07pm
seth505 wrote:
I love when people say a move/pass like this is ok on the last lap of an LCQ but not any other time. The bike is...
I love when people say a move/pass like this is ok on the last lap of an LCQ but not any other time. The bike is CLEARLY facing the path of the track (arcing the turn). There isn't one defined radius that a rider has to take in a given turn. What in the fuck is the logic there.....
I freaking love it too! With your logic, why don't the riders go from side to side of track and use the whole thing cutting people off so they don't pass them. You don't see the top guys riding like that because they have sense enough not to do it. Clearly Friese is beyond common riding tact especially while he is in a transfer position. And the clear arc you reference is non existent. He hadn't even pivoted to exit the turn yet!!!!
Jmicmoto13
1/22/2017 4:08pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
You may want to send a memo to Musquin while you are thinking of it....... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/22/170731/s1200_Musquin1.jpg[/img]
You may want to send a memo to Musquin while you are thinking of it.......

Send me his contact info and I'll shoot him a note.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
1/22/2017 4:25pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
I freaking love it too! With your logic, why don't the riders go from side to side of track and use the whole thing cutting people...
I freaking love it too! With your logic, why don't the riders go from side to side of track and use the whole thing cutting people off so they don't pass them. You don't see the top guys riding like that because they have sense enough not to do it. Clearly Friese is beyond common riding tact especially while he is in a transfer position. And the clear arc you reference is non existent. He hadn't even pivoted to exit the turn yet!!!!
Dungey did that type of arc just last year and took out James. He's arguably best rider in the world.
Jmicmoto13
1/22/2017 5:06pm
seth505 wrote:
Dungey did that type of arc just last year and took out James. He's arguably best rider in the world.
And it was a dumbass move then too! I actually stated that exact instance to APLMan a few posts above us.
1/22/2017 5:14pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Exactly......passed the apex Friiese. Hate that f$&Sad &$
APLMAN99 wrote:

Except this wasn't even the same move. Dungey came up short on the jump coming into the turn and was unable to stop.
APLMAN99
1/22/2017 6:05pm
Exactly......passed the apex Friiese. Hate that f$&Sad &$
APLMAN99 wrote:

Except this wasn't even the same move. Dungey came up short on the jump coming into the turn and was unable to stop.
Dungey wasn't going to stop, he was going to block pass. I agree that he probably didn't intend to T-bone him, but his trajectory was definitely that of going to block Stewart. His plan was actually even more aggressive than Friese's was, even if he doesn't clip that obstacle.

Dungey was aiming to the left of the "apex" of the corner either way, and he was coming in a lot hotter than Friese was. It turned out worse in the Dungey/Stewart incident, obviously, but the intention was probably a bit more aggressive in the first place.

And I'm not saying that Dungey's move was dirty, either, I'm just pointing out that folks are not being at all consistent with their judgement.

As I posted in the other thread, we're seeing a lot of halo effect here. People are judging this incident on some of Friese's past actions rather than this one. He's proven that he can act like a jackass at times, but on this one it was simply a block pass on a more popular rider........
GalagaOnMYArm
Fantasy
41st
1/23/2017 7:31am
So most people here seem to more or less agree that him coming in that hard to the corner is questionable, but arguably "hard racing" (I personally think it's a dick move, but whatever). The way bigger issue is the way VF moves over and crossjumps riders when he throws anchor after a good start. Where are the fines and DQs for that? His passes and dirty slams in the corners can be argued about, but his blocking and crossjumping is a hazard for everyone on the track.
GalagaOnMYArm
Fantasy
41st
1/23/2017 8:06am
Prove? I watch Supercross. Anyone with two eyes can see he does this EVERY race! Hey if people are having problems proving it I'd be happy to edit video from the broadcast for $80 an hour.
Stuntman949
1/23/2017 8:09am
Not a Friese fan here but I see nothing wrong with his move. If you're on the vet track and someone did that, not cool bro. If you're a pro racer at a pro supercross- nothing to see here, move along

-Jason Anderson fan.
hvaughn88
1/23/2017 8:13am
My opinion (not that it matters): I don't have a problem with that particular move by Vince. I also don't have a problem with Anderson going upside his head. I also don't have a problem with Vince's mechanic kicking the bike. The only problem I have is the DQ. Some of ya'll will probably label me a neanderthal, but I just prefer to let the guys settle it between themselves, even if it's a little physical.
agn5009
1/23/2017 8:23am
hvaughn88 wrote:
My opinion (not that it matters): I don't have a problem with that particular move by Vince. I also don't have a problem with Anderson going...
My opinion (not that it matters): I don't have a problem with that particular move by Vince. I also don't have a problem with Anderson going upside his head. I also don't have a problem with Vince's mechanic kicking the bike. The only problem I have is the DQ. Some of ya'll will probably label me a neanderthal, but I just prefer to let the guys settle it between themselves, even if it's a little physical.
I don't have a problem with any of it either and I wish Anderson was never disqualified. But if I smack someone upside the head at work after a heated argument at work I'm going to be getting sent home too. No matter how much we (fans) want to believe racing is the land of utopia, it is not. It's still a business that needs to be run as such otherwise larger problems will come.
hvaughn88
1/23/2017 8:26am
hvaughn88 wrote:
My opinion (not that it matters): I don't have a problem with that particular move by Vince. I also don't have a problem with Anderson going...
agn5009 wrote:
I don't have a problem with any of it either and I wish Anderson was never disqualified. But if I smack someone upside the head at...
I don't have a problem with any of it either and I wish Anderson was never disqualified. But if I smack someone upside the head at work after a heated argument at work I'm going to be getting sent home too. No matter how much we (fans) want to believe racing is the land of utopia, it is not. It's still a business that needs to be run as such otherwise larger problems will come.
And that's fine. I have no problem with you having an opinion on it.
1/23/2017 8:35am
Purposely cutting across the turn and blocking everyone in a battle like that is irresponsible and dangerous. Sure its within the boundaries of the track but its not how you race. Like brake checking on the face of triples...its inside the boundaries and completely legal but nobody does it because its stupid. Atleast that is how I see it..
Rhody
1/23/2017 8:35am
I think the officials have sent a clear message here, don't retaliate when Friese does you dirty, do it to him first. The AMA/FIM is oubviuosly not going to punish takeouts, so rather than giving VF the opportunity to take you out, the faster riders should just park him in a tough block when they catch him. Picking himself off the dirt after every gate drop for 3 straight weeks would probably clean up his act.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/23/2017 8:37am
wb173 wrote:
Seely is probably smiling on the gate..

wb173
haha right? does everyone forget the huge takeouts anderson dished on this guy???
agn5009
1/23/2017 1:25pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I don't have a problem with any of it either and I wish Anderson was never disqualified. But if I smack someone upside the head at...
hvaughn88 wrote:
And that's fine. I have no problem with you having an opinion on it.
Yeah, it's a tough situation. I personally wish it was dealt with in a different manner. Disqualifying someone for the race sucks.
SlackBoy
1/23/2017 2:22pm
Part of racing is getting to the finish line ahead of others. If you get there by being an awesome starter and then riding a wide bike in a heat to get thru to the main, that's fine. If you're a crappy starter and you have to ride faster than BETTER starters......then that's fine too.
And if you wanna leave a massive door open on the inside in mad traffic AND then cut down.....

If Anderson had just slapped VF's helmet just the once and rode on, Feld prolly wouldn't have done diddly, but he hit him before the tunnel, gesticulated and wah wah'd and then went after him again in the tunnel. Dick move, deserves the DQ. Shoulda left it for the pits.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/23/2017 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2017 2:27pm
SlackBoy wrote:
Part of racing is getting to the finish line ahead of others. If you get there by being an awesome starter and then riding a wide...
Part of racing is getting to the finish line ahead of others. If you get there by being an awesome starter and then riding a wide bike in a heat to get thru to the main, that's fine. If you're a crappy starter and you have to ride faster than BETTER starters......then that's fine too.
And if you wanna leave a massive door open on the inside in mad traffic AND then cut down.....

If Anderson had just slapped VF's helmet just the once and rode on, Feld prolly wouldn't have done diddly, but he hit him before the tunnel, gesticulated and wah wah'd and then went after him again in the tunnel. Dick move, deserves the DQ. Shoulda left it for the pits.
The AMA/FIM officials enforce the rules. Feld is not responsible for enforcing rules.
jamma10
1/23/2017 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2017 3:04pm
Rhody wrote:
I think the officials have sent a clear message here, don't retaliate when Friese does you dirty, do it to him first. The AMA/FIM is oubviuosly...
I think the officials have sent a clear message here, don't retaliate when Friese does you dirty, do it to him first. The AMA/FIM is oubviuosly not going to punish takeouts, so rather than giving VF the opportunity to take you out, the faster riders should just park him in a tough block when they catch him. Picking himself off the dirt after every gate drop for 3 straight weeks would probably clean up his act.
Friese did nothing wrong.

Here's Malcom Stewart passing Friese (legally) in the corner prior to the Anderson incident. It's a far more aggressive move.

KlootZak
1/23/2017 3:57pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm no fan of Friese, and 99.9% of the time these things actually ARE his fault, but not this one. If Friese gets penalized for anything...
I'm no fan of Friese, and 99.9% of the time these things actually ARE his fault, but not this one.

If Friese gets penalized for anything to do with that pass, then Dungey should have been suspended for a full season for his run in with Stewart at 2016 A1.........!
Are you really so blind that you cannot realize that Dungey made a mistake while hitting Stewart? It was not his intention while with Friesbee, it's always his intention even though he is 5 seconds a lap slower.

You have been posting here from 2008 but obviously did not make any progress ...
MattyVicious
Fantasy
314th
1/23/2017 4:03pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Heat 2. Takes musquin AND anderson out. This guy needs his license revoked!
The dude is a danger to anyone near him. Week after week, year after year.
APLMAN99
1/23/2017 4:06pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm no fan of Friese, and 99.9% of the time these things actually ARE his fault, but not this one. If Friese gets penalized for anything...
I'm no fan of Friese, and 99.9% of the time these things actually ARE his fault, but not this one.

If Friese gets penalized for anything to do with that pass, then Dungey should have been suspended for a full season for his run in with Stewart at 2016 A1.........!
KlootZak wrote:
Are you really so blind that you cannot realize that Dungey made a mistake while hitting Stewart? It was not his intention while with Friesbee, it's...
Are you really so blind that you cannot realize that Dungey made a mistake while hitting Stewart? It was not his intention while with Friesbee, it's always his intention even though he is 5 seconds a lap slower.

You have been posting here from 2008 but obviously did not make any progress ...
I don't think Dungey attempted to hit Stewart, nor did Friese intend to hit Anderson. You're letting other things cloud your judgement. Have another drink and slow it down a bit.

What is similar is that both Dungey and Friese planned on turning/pivoting after the "apex" of those 2 turns. In Dungey's case, there was zero chance of him actually stopping before the spot that he hit Stewart, but he definitely messed up his timing in trying to block him. In Friese's case, he likely didn't plan on Anderson cutting down so early, as he was already turning before Anderson ran into him.

Now here's a really aggressive pass from Atlanta last year........

Post a reply to: Friese

The Latest