Friends of Michael Goodwin - Blog

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2011 1:59 PM

|

P.S. My sister Pizzah wants to get with you.

2/28/2011 5:11 PM

I didn't peek, but I'm guessing it's probably a very short list?

|

2/28/2011 5:23 PM

Mostly whining followed by

Although, I asked in my last letter for donations to the INNOCENCE PROJECT, because of several issues, including the (above) roadblocks that have surfaced for us, I desperately need a few hundred dollars, even in parcels of $25, $50 or $100 only if any of you can spare it comfortably. Please contact Ken Landerman, 1214 Channel Dr., Monmouth Beach, N.J. 07750.

|

2/28/2011 5:27 PM

one comment concerning Goodwin.......POS !!! PERIOD

|

Team Sakai Racing helping the young Guns achieve their goals !!

Special Thanks to Motosport.com, Race Tech Suspension, Answer, FMF,Engine Ice, 139 Designs, Nihlo, Novik Gloves,DT1 Air Filters, Mika Metals, Motoseat, Mototassinari, Braap Supply

2/28/2011 5:30 PM

I miss Mickey.

He made this shit fun.

I'm jus' remembering.

|

I’d like a black S500 to receive me at the airport. I need the interior of that car to be 71 degrees exactly.

2/28/2011 5:42 PM

You mean the OJ Simpson of SX?

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

2/28/2011 5:46 PM

Madmax31 wrote:

Not really OJ got off , they threw Goodwin in jail with no hard evidence or it seems that way.

Does most people think he had it done ? = Yes but they never really had much to convict him besides Micky's sisters influence or it seems.

|

2/28/2011 5:54 PM

Madmax31 wrote:

500guy wrote:

Not really OJ got off , they threw Goodwin in jail with no hard evidence or it seems that way.

Does most people think he had it done ? = Yes but they never really had much to convict him besides Micky's sisters influence or it seems.

Damn,

Someone knows their shit!

|

I’d like a black S500 to receive me at the airport. I need the interior of that car to be 71 degrees exactly.

2/28/2011 5:55 PM

Btw,

I think Suge Knight did it.

|

2/10/2012 4:24 PM

We will be posting updates on Michael Goodwin, the creator of Supercross, at JusticeOnTrial.org. He was convicted 5 years ago but there has still been no appeal filed. His attorney refuses to comment to us as to why, after all this time, an appeal has never been filed. Although this is a complex case, the normal for a case of average complexity is less than 2 years.

In our experience, every legal professional that looked at this trial says that he was wrongfully convicted. This has nothing to do with guilt or innocence, though Goodwin is probably innocent, but just the fact he was never tied to the crimes and was convicted on what the prosecutors and witnesses said about his "moral character." Goodwin's "day in court" was a travesty of the system. The trial was flawed and everyone knows it yet there's been no appeal to allow him to present this to the courts.

We are not advocating for Goodwin any longer but felt we must comment on a miscarriage of justice.

John Bradley
Managing Director
Justice On Trial
JusticeOnTrial.org

|

2/10/2012 6:00 PM

Well......this is interesting.

|

"Welcome to Southern California......the mecca of motocross racing." ~ Jason Wiegant

2/10/2012 6:00 PM

We have recently been down this road...

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/what-really-happening-now-for-Michael-Goodwin,1229946

"...but just the fact he was never tied to the crimes..." That ignores the eyeball testimony (albeit very shaky) that put him watching the house the day of the murders.

"...was convicted on what the prosecutors and witnesses said about his "moral character." " There was a lot more than bad moral character testimony presented. The fact he made numerous death threats towards MT probably did not help Goodwin's defense or jury appeal. There was a lot of motive evidence presented as well. The neighbor eyeball testimony about the circumstances and sequence of the killings sure played into a revenge killing theory (that brought the motive and threats nicely into focus) as well.

It is probably painting with a very broad brush to say that every legal professional who has looked at this says he was wrongfully convicted and that everyone knows the trial was flawed.

It truly was a circumstantial case, but folks are convicted on circumstantial evidence every day.

If he was truly innocent, and this is such a miscarriage, then why did he not testify in his own defense to refute the testimony that he was there watching the day the killings took place, to say that all of the threats were just bluster, to say that the motive evidence was false,...and to loudly state that he did not order the hits.....?

No dog in this fight and I fully recognize that every story has at least two sides. Just trying to bring a little balance to the discussion.

As a veteran of 4 decades of trying criminal cases, I too am baffled why the appeal has taken so long to file.

|

The older I get...the less I can remember about how much faster I was....

2/10/2012 6:03 PM

You know, my OPINION was that I thought he was guilty, but they didn't have HALF of the evidence that they had with Casey Anthony or OJ Simpson - and you know how those two cases ended up. The fact that he hasn't had a chance at an appeal yet, tells me there is something fishy going on in California with the justice system.

|

2/10/2012 6:54 PM

He did it.

|

2/10/2012 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2012 8:27 PM

He was railroaded!!!!! Free our Godfather!!!!!!..........NOW, I say!

|

2/10/2012 8:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2012 8:52 PM

Walter wrote:

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/what-really-happening-now-for-Michael-Goodwin,1229946

"...but just the fact he was never tied to the crimes..." That ignores the eyeball testimony (albeit very shaky) that put him watching the house the day of the murders.

"...was convicted on what the prosecutors and witnesses said about his "moral character." " There was a lot more than bad moral character testimony presented. The fact he made numerous death threats towards MT probably did not help Goodwin's defense or jury appeal. There was a lot of motive evidence presented as well. The neighbor eyeball testimony about the circumstances and sequence of the killings sure played into a revenge killing theory (that brought the motive and threats nicely into focus) as well.

It is probably painting with a very broad brush to say that every legal professional who has looked at this says he was wrongfully convicted and that everyone knows the trial was flawed.

It truly was a circumstantial case, but folks are convicted on circumstantial evidence every day.

If he was truly innocent, and this is such a miscarriage, then why did he not testify in his own defense to refute the testimony that he was there watching the day the killings took place, to say that all of the threats were just bluster, to say that the motive evidence was false,...and to loudly state that he did not order the hits.....?

No dog in this fight and I fully recognize that every story has at least two sides. Just trying to bring a little balance to the discussion.

As a veteran of 4 decades of trying criminal cases, I too am baffled why the appeal has taken so long to file.

Your asking the right questions.

Maybe he didn't testify in his own defense because he was scared of who actually ordered the killings.

Maybe he owed alot of money to shady characters that possibly killed Micky thinking it would clear the way for Mike to start making money again in the SX biz again so he could pay the mobsters back. Maybe he felt safer in jail.

Maybe him and Micky had settled everything and Mike gave Micky a bunch of gold a few days earlier that was never recovered and could never be carried away by bike riders. The amount of gold has always been under reported in the media.

What did Colleen Cambell, Mickys's sister and Tony Rackakus the OC DA have to do with Mike's history making delay of trial and change of venue?

.......Hmmnnn

Mike may very well have something to do with the murders but there is a BIG chance he didn't.

It's just too easy to blame him because of what an ass he usually was to everybody.

One thing I do know is the eye witness who years later said he saw someone who resembled Mike staking out the scene whose testimony the prosecution relied on, had to be wrong because anyone who knew Mike knows he would never be caught dead in a beat up car as was reported; no matter what the circumstances......and he looks damn good in a furry hat and coat.

Don't be so sure...................I'm just saying.

|

2/11/2012 4:55 AM

PFitzG38: I am not sure of anything in this case...just trying to set out some matters on the other side of this that some one sided blogs and posts shy away from...

As was beaten to death in the other thread, you just cannot comment on the quality of the evidence and the verdict unless you heard it all. So often it is the tone and texture of testimony or other evidence in the context of the entire trial drives the end result.

As for the eyeball that put MG there....it was very shaky...but that is what cross examination is for and I am sure a lot was done with it by the defense.
|

The older I get...the less I can remember about how much faster I was....

2/11/2012 5:43 AM

So what is it...Goodwin is a fall guy for some other back ground plot that went down and he's using the juliet as a safe house? Why is he begging for money in jail?

|

"The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets." Baron Rothschild

2/11/2012 6:07 AM

Walter wrote:

I too have followed and read about this case for years. I couldn't live with myself if I defended it in the way it played out. Could you? If I botched something that bad my wife would handcuff me and lock me in the basement just so she would not have to endure my self-persecution. Like him or not, Goodwin deserved better.

|

2/11/2012 6:25 AM

thatdad wrote:

I too have followed and read about this case for years. I couldn't live with myself if I defended it in the way it played out. Could you? If I botched something that bad my wife would handcuff me and lock me in the basement just so she would not have to endure my self-persecution. Like him or not, Goodwin deserved better.

Quoted for truth.

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

2/11/2012 6:52 AM

Sure sounds like the legal system here really works....

|

2/11/2012 7:18 AM

Maybe the hidden message is when you go around being a complete dick to everyone your whole life when 12 of your peers end up judging you it doesn't turn out good.

|

2/11/2012 7:20 AM

I think two consecutive life sentences without parole is pretty harsh for a guy that was convicted on merely circumstantial evidence.
In the underworld setting someone up has always been a card they played on both sides of the game.
Human error is taken into consideration....and juries can be manipulated easily.
At bench trials Judges can have off days.

They really need different sentencing guidelines for these types of cases (merely based on circumstantial evidence).
It would also possibly help in getting convictions "when you think they know what happened".
Many in these types of cases walk when they indeed had some direct involvement.
Others with very little involvement or no involvement at all are convicted and sentenced to pretty lengthy prison stays.
Juries are told not to be influenced by the sentence,but all are and same with the bench.

|

2/11/2012 7:20 AM

500guy wrote:

Maybe the hidden message is when you go around being a complete dick to everyone your whole life when 12 of your peers end up judging you it doesn't turn out good.

LOL...funny you wrote this.

|

2/11/2012 7:23 AM

500guy wrote:

jtomasik wrote:

I think you would find outside of this make believe world you take so serious I'm not a dick to everybody I meet and I sure as hell don't boast about inter net skills and back doors I didn't open when I in fact did not.

|

2/11/2012 7:24 AM

FastEddy wrote:

I think two consecutive life sentences without parole is pretty harsh for a guy that was convicted on merely circumstantial evidence.
In the underworld setting someone up has always been a card they played on both sides of the game.
Human error is taken into consideration....and juries can be manipulated easily.
At bench trials Judges can have off days.

They really need different sentencing guidelines for these types of cases (merely based on circumstantial evidence).
It would also possibly help in getting convictions "when you think they know what happened".
Many in these types of cases walk when they indeed had some direct involvement.
Others with very little involvement or no involvement at all are convicted and sentenced to pretty lengthy prison stays.
Juries are told not to be influenced by the sentence,but all are and same with the bench.

No doubt Colleen political pull had a big hand in this aspect.

|

2/11/2012 8:26 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Btw,

I think Suge Knight did it.

Spill the beans, brother...

|

2/11/2012 8:37 AM

500guy wrote:

jtomasik wrote:

500guy wrote:

I think you would find outside of this make believe world you take so serious I'm not a dick to everybody I meet and I sure as hell don't boast about inter net skills and back doors I didn't open when I in fact did not.

"...back doors I didn't open when I in fact did not...."

Huh?

|

2/11/2012 8:53 AM

I always say to follow the money. Does anyone have any info on who directly benefitted from his going to jail?

1. Did he have contracts with venues etc that were able to be disolved by his prosecution?
2. Were there TV agreements that transfered to others?
3. Anything else that financially benefitted others from his demise?

I really have no idea I am just asking. Although, I will say that in my business, I have dealt with enough of the super rich to know that the majority will do anything to get richer. Trust me when I say that using their connections to move a guy like Goodwin out of the way so that they can make millions is not far fetched. By in large their moral compass only points towards the almighty dollar.

|

2/11/2012 8:56 AM

jtomasik wrote:

Sure sounds like the legal system here really works....

Much like the kangaroo court here.

|