Friday Digest

I missed lasts weeks post because I got too drunk and missed work:

What I want to discuss today:

Who would you take in an outdoor series in their prime for a title: RC,RV,JS,AC,JH, in my opinion I don't think there is anyone as gifted as RV on ripping an outdoor track apart and I truly believe RC would have issues keeping him behind, RV had no love on wasting time behind people.

Do you really think the Euros are ahead of the USA in motocross or is it the fact we have been sending our 2nd tier riders to compete with their best in Des Nations? Does Roczen win des Nations if he does not get hurt this year? I believe JH is the only talent to compete with a healthy JA, MM, ET, KR, BB, the rest of the euros would not be close so what is this disconnect?

Lastly, do you consider Roczen the favorite this year? I do and heres why, RV lost both of his legs and came to defeat JS and CR in their prime during the best season of supercross ever, parity wise. What is stopping KR from doing the same? He is currently the champion of mental warfare and knows how to get into Eli;s head, in my opinion this is the most important quality to having a championship rider.

Lets discuss
|
Donovan759
12/15/2017 7:56am
A great example was the Motocross of Nations at Budds Creek. RV absolutely tore everyone there a new one on a KX250F. It was a spectacular show of talent. To be fair, I believe RC went down early in the moto he ran with RV. (if my memory serves me correctly.

All of that being said, I would actually take RC in his prime because of his commitment to win no matter what.
Kowskii305
12/15/2017 8:00am
James Stewart for the most wins but RC for the title. I think JH is top 3 outdoor motocross right now in the world. And 722 said Roczen is going to win so why would I doubt him!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/15/2017 8:06am
Gotta give it to RV. The dude was just so gnarly outdoors. Smoked everyone at mxdn in 2007 and again in 2011? If I remember the year correctly. I feel like he hated losing more than anything else. Always had the bike in the right gear, never over revving. So calculated

The Shop

DoubleA
12/15/2017 8:46am
Watching at Des Nations this year I would say that the US guys have fallen behind the euros a bit now apart from Osborne (on Saturday in the dry he was great to watch, he was ripping that's for sure, struggled with the wet on Sunday though but that goes for a lot of people). But you US guys didn't send the best of team over so it will be nice to see who wants to ride at Redbud and see maybe 4/5 countries battling for a podium if everyone stays healthy. But will the guys riding in the US want to put that extra 2/3 weeks work in? Think that was a lot of the problem this year if i remember correctly (and surgeries). Would be cool for Roczen to win Des Nations but gotta remember this is 'nations anything happens, another thing is you gotta think who will be Roczen's team mates as it isn't just based on his performance. Cairoli can defiantly keep with Herlings so i feel Cairoli can keep with the US guys. Also Gasjer, Febvre, Anstie all show potential to keep with the top US guys.

Roczen is defiantly my favorite going into SX, like you said he does know how to get into Eli's head. MM might challenge him if he has learn't to skim whoops. Anderson will be there for a chasing Roczen as well I believe. Speedy Reedy will probably win 1 main event then go back to his 10th places like he going get for the rest of the season. BB never liked SX but I feel he could manage I few wins this year. Championship bets are on Roczen or Musquin and little mistake Roczen makes Musquin will take advantage. Feel like that is the only way Musquin will win this championship he's just going to have to wait for a mistake by Roczen.
Mini Elsinore
12/15/2017 10:45am
What excuse did you give the boss last Monday?
Man, you cannot use a hangover as an excuse on Vital without details.
12/15/2017 11:08am
" I had a family emergency and lost service on the train, just got to the hospital"
12/15/2017 11:10am
DoubleA wrote:
Watching at Des Nations this year I would say that the US guys have fallen behind the euros a bit now apart from Osborne (on Saturday...
Watching at Des Nations this year I would say that the US guys have fallen behind the euros a bit now apart from Osborne (on Saturday in the dry he was great to watch, he was ripping that's for sure, struggled with the wet on Sunday though but that goes for a lot of people). But you US guys didn't send the best of team over so it will be nice to see who wants to ride at Redbud and see maybe 4/5 countries battling for a podium if everyone stays healthy. But will the guys riding in the US want to put that extra 2/3 weeks work in? Think that was a lot of the problem this year if i remember correctly (and surgeries). Would be cool for Roczen to win Des Nations but gotta remember this is 'nations anything happens, another thing is you gotta think who will be Roczen's team mates as it isn't just based on his performance. Cairoli can defiantly keep with Herlings so i feel Cairoli can keep with the US guys. Also Gasjer, Febvre, Anstie all show potential to keep with the top US guys.

Roczen is defiantly my favorite going into SX, like you said he does know how to get into Eli's head. MM might challenge him if he has learn't to skim whoops. Anderson will be there for a chasing Roczen as well I believe. Speedy Reedy will probably win 1 main event then go back to his 10th places like he going get for the rest of the season. BB never liked SX but I feel he could manage I few wins this year. Championship bets are on Roczen or Musquin and little mistake Roczen makes Musquin will take advantage. Feel like that is the only way Musquin will win this championship he's just going to have to wait for a mistake by Roczen.
The whole US vs Euro track is not really an excuse besides Lommel I guess, JH came here and cleaned house at Ironman
12/15/2017 11:11am
It’s tough to say, I’m a little too new to the sport to remember RC in his prime (started watching like a year after he retired). Although, I remember seeing RV at the end of 2013 Nationals and thinking “damn, he’s got to be the fastest man to ever ride a dirt bike”. Really enjoyed watching him ride, even if he had a 30 second lead.
12/15/2017 11:12am
DoubleA wrote:
Watching at Des Nations this year I would say that the US guys have fallen behind the euros a bit now apart from Osborne (on Saturday...

Also don't think MM will surpass Eli in SX this is a pure KR vs ET showdown, they raise the bar more than anyone.

I feel that the USGPs are a better example then des nations, more of an organized race
Mini Elsinore
12/15/2017 11:23am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2017 12:04pm
" I had a family emergency and lost service on the train, just got to the hospital"
Laughing
Giving you an "A" for creativity. And, btw, you're fired.
mxb2
12/15/2017 12:13pm
It’s tough to say, I’m a little too new to the sport to remember RC in his prime (started watching like a year after he retired)...
It’s tough to say, I’m a little too new to the sport to remember RC in his prime (started watching like a year after he retired). Although, I remember seeing RV at the end of 2013 Nationals and thinking “damn, he’s got to be the fastest man to ever ride a dirt bike”. Really enjoyed watching him ride, even if he had a 30 second lead.
Herlings is a bad ass but tomac was in title mode.
DoubleA
12/15/2017 12:46pm
Also don't think MM will surpass Eli in SX this is a pure KR vs ET showdown, they raise the bar more than anyone. I feel...
Also don't think MM will surpass Eli in SX this is a pure KR vs ET showdown, they raise the bar more than anyone.

I feel that the USGPs are a better example then des nations, more of an organized race
For me I feel like Tomac is very hit and miss in SX.

Yeah USGP is for sure a better example but like mxb2 said Tomac was meant to be in title mode but imo he didn’t look like it, looked like he was defo pushing to me. Would be nice for there to be an off-season race which AMA and MXGP could attend which didn’t conflict with the schedules.
mxb2
12/15/2017 1:07pm
Also don't think MM will surpass Eli in SX this is a pure KR vs ET showdown, they raise the bar more than anyone. I feel...

DoubleA wrote:
For me I feel like Tomac is very hit and miss in SX. Yeah USGP is for sure a better example but like mxb2 said Tomac...
For me I feel like Tomac is very hit and miss in SX.

Yeah USGP is for sure a better example but like mxb2 said Tomac was meant to be in title mode but imo he didn’t look like it, looked like he was defo pushing to me. Would be nice for there to be an off-season race which AMA and MXGP could attend which didn’t conflict with the schedules.
I was there, herlings is a bad mofo, as a tomac fan I wish he had to win both motos, but I understand the title mode and $$$$.
olds cool
12/15/2017 3:17pm
Donovan759 wrote:
A great example was the Motocross of Nations at Budds Creek. RV absolutely tore everyone there a new one on a KX250F. It was a spectacular...
A great example was the Motocross of Nations at Budds Creek. RV absolutely tore everyone there a new one on a KX250F. It was a spectacular show of talent. To be fair, I believe RC went down early in the moto he ran with RV. (if my memory serves me correctly.

All of that being said, I would actually take RC in his prime because of his commitment to win no matter what.
If my old and feeble memory serves me correctly in recalling that day, I think I remember RV starting from the inside both of his motos. Ferry and RC both started further down the gate in each of thier pairings with RV. But no doubt, the azz whooping that RV put on that day was epic. The Beatles' "I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends" comes to mind.
mxb2
12/15/2017 3:24pm
Donovan759 wrote:
A great example was the Motocross of Nations at Budds Creek. RV absolutely tore everyone there a new one on a KX250F. It was a spectacular...

olds cool wrote:
If my old and feeble memory serves me correctly in recalling that day, I think I remember RV starting from the inside both of his motos...
If my old and feeble memory serves me correctly in recalling that day, I think I remember RV starting from the inside both of his motos. Ferry and RC both started further down the gate in each of thier pairings with RV. But no doubt, the azz whooping that RV put on that day was epic. The Beatles' "I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends" comes to mind.
I was there, I think a Rc gave up his inside gate. Correct me if I am wrong. That was the fastest I have ever seen a 250f go. Rv is a badazz.
olds cool
12/15/2017 5:41pm
Donovan759 wrote:

olds cool wrote:
If my old and feeble memory serves me correctly in recalling that day, I think I remember RV starting from the inside both of his motos...
mxb2 wrote:
I was there, I think a Rc gave up his inside gate. Correct me if I am wrong. That was the fastest I have ever seen...
I was there, I think a Rc gave up his inside gate. Correct me if I am wrong. That was the fastest I have ever seen a 250f go. Rv is a badazz.
So was I. Epic azz whooping = badazz. Wink
mxb2
12/15/2017 5:46pm
olds cool wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I was there, I think a Rc gave up his inside gate. Correct me if I am wrong. That was the fastest I have ever seen...
olds cool wrote:
So was I. Epic azz whooping = badazz. Wink
Yessir
12/15/2017 8:51pm
I would take RC in his prime. Undefeated seasons and straight killing the competition 2 stroke or 4 stroke. JS would be second and honestly I'd but RD over RV outdoors.

I do think the euros are ahead for motocross. That is their primary focus train all year for it. Also I think their tracks are allowed to get a little rougher compared to ours. Stateside does have larger jumps though no doubt. Herlings came over and was fast. Ferris laid some fast laps and he wasn't considered a top tier rider over there. I think TG243 would also do well outdoors.

Lastly I would say that MM has a lot of momentum coming I and will be a title contender. But Eli will come out strong and win the title. Roczen will get some W's but I think he will start the season off "slow" for his standards. Also see BB4 stepping up for podiums and a few wins and JA21 with some W's
12/15/2017 9:23pm
Ummmm.... Carmichael, because he's the most bad ass mf'er to ever swing a leg over a dirt bike.

"The Euros" aren't the fastest. Jeffery Herlings is. Tomac is close, but Florida GP was a true test. Both Herlings and Cairoli pulled away second moto and Eli said himself that he didn't have it in him.

IMO, it doesn't matter if Roczen is fast right now at the test track or not. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the arm holds him back over a series.
JB 19
12/15/2017 9:44pm
Take the entire series? No way you bet against RC. The guy has a crazy eyes intensity that I don't think anyone else could match. RV had that super serious mode......RC was more like Mike Tyson in 87'. Even to this day you can see the crazy look RC gets in interviews just talking about racing.

mikec265
12/16/2017 5:14pm
I think there's something faster about cutting half of your subframe and shock shaft off. Then riding with the bars rotated down into your lap. That's the guy who would win even if it doesn't make sense to the rest of us.

Post a reply to: Friday Digest

The Latest