Fresh grass natural terrain National

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2017 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 5:32 PM

DC said it could be something to explore.
I think it'd be a great idea for an anniversary round and make it retro livery.
Vets would take their shirts of en masse

|

7/3/2017 5:35 PM

So, like a really short GNCC?

|

7/3/2017 5:38 PM

While cool to watch for the core fans.

Wont be exciting enough for the average joe who wants to see the riders hit big jumps.

One and done if they ever went to that style race IMO

|

7/3/2017 5:50 PM

You could do it, again, at Sears Point (not "Infenion" or "Sonoma"!).

Years ago they'd just mark of the hill sides with snow-fence and race. Trust me they had jumps...off cambers...ravines...

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

7/3/2017 6:04 PM

You mean..........LIKE THIS?!
Photo

Photo

Been lucky enough to ride a few tracks where natural terrain was king, and whatever jumps there were, were all natural. A lot more fun to ride than some SX track parked on a flat field, and called Moto.

|

7/3/2017 6:08 PM

I am not sure how it would all work out but I want to see it happen. cool

|

7/3/2017 6:12 PM

Photo

There already a grass track on the schedule. All they have to do is leave it alone.
|

7/3/2017 6:12 PM

scooter5002 wrote:

You mean..........LIKE THIS?!
Photo

Photo

Been lucky enough to ride a few tracks where natural terrain was king, and whatever jumps there were, were all natural. A lot more fun to ride than some SX track parked on a flat field, and called Moto.

I would ride that !! with a big smile.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

7/3/2017 6:18 PM

Photo
|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

7/3/2017 6:21 PM

It would be awesome. A stand out track for a stand out series.

|

7/3/2017 6:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 2:29 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

While cool to watch for the core fans.

Wont be exciting enough for the average joe who wants to see the riders hit big jumps.

One and done if they ever went to that style race IMO

What is more important to the average joe, good racing or big air?

Photo

|

7/3/2017 6:30 PM

100% would be awesome to see the lines, ruts bumps and jumps that the 450s would make in a fresh grass track. Watching those vids last year of pingree and villopoto and all those guys ripping those hillside tracks was awesome. Imagine 40 of the fastest racing that track.

|

7/3/2017 6:53 PM

Photo

|

7/3/2017 6:58 PM

SCR wrote: Photo

There already a grass track on the schedule. All they have to do is leave it alone.

This. Retro gear and graphics.
Highsiding in grass is always more fun

|

7/3/2017 7:28 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Years ago they'd just mark of the hill sides with snow-fence and race. Trust me they had jumps...off cambers...ravines...

"Real motocross" is not well known around these parts my friend.

|

7/3/2017 7:31 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

"Real motocross" is not well known around these parts my friend.

The Old Guy Syndicate: we are The Magoo Divison

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

7/3/2017 7:46 PM

They have natural terrain Motocross here in north east Texas. They call it Scramblecross but it is just motocross on natural terrain. Fast growing form of racing around here for sure. The turn out is still small but just keeps growing

|

7/3/2017 7:52 PM

We hold one race a year in TN. Its kinda out from any town, but an awesome track. Way too motocross for a national.

|

7/3/2017 8:00 PM

I would love an almost all natural track on the National circuit.

|

7/3/2017 8:39 PM

Yep. Would be sweet. Big jump, just 1, or 2, natural one would be cool.

|

7/3/2017 8:47 PM

loftyair wrote:

Yep. Would be sweet. Big jump, just 1, or 2, natural one would be cool.

I vote Glamis

|

7/3/2017 8:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2017 11:41 PM

Unadilla was the way it was for quite a while, because, They just knocked the tops ( if that) of ruts down, then seeded it. Only used for a Trans AMA round, GPs, and I think at the most, a National each year?

My assumption is that they use it, the National track, for far more now - correct?

A genuine hard pack round or two would be good, but you seem to be committed to tilling deep nearly every track = Rutocross.

Reading Rodriguez's comments about the traction he found ( or didn't find) at Portugal over the weekend were good. Awesome racing, with a lot of lines being used.

|

7/3/2017 9:01 PM

Would actually be pretty cool to see how a track like that shapes up with 4 strokes and the riders of today,

|

7/4/2017 11:59 AM

|

7/4/2017 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 12:02 PM

I opened this thread thinking there was going to be some new "420" sponsored National out there..."Fresh Grass" is now being legalized in many states, and maybe weedmaps will sponsor moto some day soon.

|

7/4/2017 12:14 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

I opened this thread thinking there was going to be some new "420" sponsored National out there..."Fresh Grass" is now being legalized in many states, and maybe weedmaps will sponsor moto some day soon.

They do. Bereman and twitch are sponsored by weedmaps. They sponsor the vildosola trophy truck in Baja as well and a lot of athletes now actually. Weedmaps is becoming bigger by the day

|

7/4/2017 12:34 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

motosurf wrote:

They do. Bereman and twitch are sponsored by weedmaps. They sponsor the vildosola trophy truck in Baja as well and a lot of athletes now actually. Weedmaps is becoming bigger by the day

Didn't know that. I knew they were into surfing but not moto, good to know.

|

7/4/2017 12:43 PM

I think that would be the coolest thing ever. GP' s could have one grass track race too.

|

7/4/2017 12:51 PM

Sounds like any Sunday in New Zealand, we get the biggest turn out of riders to events like these. Not only are they really fun but it's also a different skill set to have. Riding ruts is hard to master but so is big open flat turns, espically the first races when the grass is still there and has dew.

|

7/4/2017 12:57 PM

A natural track that started off as just grass would be f***ing brilliant.

It's pretty sad that we're even discussing it being some sort of novelty.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash