French team for MXON official announcement

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2016 3:13 AM

The French federation just announced their riders for MXON:

MXGP Romain Febvre
MX2 Dylan Ferrandis
OPEN Gautier Paulin

Second hand rider: Benoît Paturel (could also ride the 450)

|

8/2/2016 3:20 AM

Marvin on a 250 would be stronger

|

8/2/2016 3:28 AM

Wow... Paulin is not going well right now, I am surprised.

Still a great team, but Marvin over GP all day long. .

|

8/2/2016 3:28 AM

Dismissing Musquin (currently 3rd in the fastest motocross series) for Paulin, regarding is lack of speed and results so far, is a non-sense.
I agree that Paulin has always been strong at MXDN but 2016 French team is not favorite anymore for the title.

|

8/2/2016 3:33 AM

Neek wrote:

Dismissing Musquin (currently 3rd in the fastest motocross series) for Paulin, regarding is lack of speed and results so far, ...more

You're kidding, thats a good team capable of winning.

|

8/2/2016 4:06 AM

Good team...but musquin should be in it.

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

8/2/2016 4:09 AM

Yeah it's still a strong team but no Musquin? What's that about?

|

8/2/2016 4:29 AM

FoxPlatinum_12 wrote:

Yeah it's still a strong team but no Musquin? What's that about?

Paulin's team Honda HRC is based in MXDN hosting country, Italy.
Maybe that's why he's in. With Febvre and Paulin so so speed at the moment I think we French can be happy with a 3rd place finish.

|

8/2/2016 4:33 AM

Paulin has been team captain last 2 years and they have won. Nothing short of a missing limb was going to stop them picking him. Plus he's won at Maggiora before. He's a better pick than Marvin IMO.

|

8/2/2016 5:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2016 5:04 AM

Kind of surprised they didn't pick Marvin but Paulin has been on the team the last 7 years and has let them to win the last 2 events. So he kinda deserves it. He's also been pretty good at Maggiora in the past.
Man it's a tough choice

|

8/2/2016 5:14 AM

RG1 wrote:

Paulin has been team captain last 2 years and they have won. Nothing short of a missing limb was going to stop them picking ...more

Paulin wouldn't see Marvin If the lined up together and it wouldn't be because he was ahead.

|

8/2/2016 5:21 AM

Ferrandis and Febvre can win heats, Paulin maybe top 10 if he's Lucky.
Musquin would be a better choice, no doubt about that

|

8/2/2016 5:48 AM

RG1 wrote:

Paulin has been team captain last 2 years and they have won. Nothing short of a missing limb was going to stop them picking ...more

Sodipop wrote:

Paulin wouldn't see Marvin If the lined up together and it wouldn't be because he was ahead.

At Maggiora, Paulin is a better choice. He's not been as bad as everyone is making out. He had a bad Lommel and Loket, but at Loket he was running up front in both motos before a crash in one and goggle problems in the other. The 2 GP's before that he was on the podium.

|

8/2/2016 6:13 AM

You've got a strong team when you can justifiably snub someone that fast.

|

8/2/2016 6:14 AM

Whitey wrote:

Marvin on a 250 would be stronger

Marvin in the open would be even stronger.

|

8/2/2016 6:20 AM

Paulin will be good... Just wait and see

|

8/2/2016 6:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2016 6:31 AM

Just saw that, then checked motoverte.com to see the article on the selection then the interview of Pascal Finot, the team manager.

So here is my take: I was really thinking Musquin would be picked since he is doing a great rookie season and even last year on the 250 he was faster than Paulin. After reading the article, I undestand the choice better.

Musquin had the longest season of his career, under Baker's heavy work load, so to train/stay in shape/having no break particularly without team mates for 1 more month may not show the true potential of Musquin during the event.

On the other side, Paulin has been Exceptional and at 110% for all his appearances except once, in 2010, and he is ultra motivated to have the opportunity to finish the season on a high note after a very very disappointing season plagged by an early season injury.

Long story short, we all think Musquin is 2 seconds a lap faster, but a 110% Paulin vs a tired Musquin means more or less the same result, while, something very important in the decision process for the federation, the team is going to train at Maggiora next week and I think it would have been more difficult logistically and even a more exhausting season for Musquin to attend. It is also a good news since Musquin will be fresher comes SX !!!

I am happy of the pro scene in France, there could be a B team with: Paturel, Musquin and CP !!! However that doesnt change the fact the racing will be hopefully tight and awesome as usual, lots of teams have actually riders that can be upfront. The race and the final result will really start from the grid luck on Saturday.

|

8/2/2016 6:34 AM

bongobongo wrote:

Top 10 if he's lucky, really? Wow
The guy has raced 14 mxdn motos so far. Apart from the dnf in franciacorta in 09 where he crashed out after winning Moto 1 he has never finished outside the top 10 and has won at least 4 motos as far as I can remember.

|

8/2/2016 6:42 AM

Would Marv have raced if he were asked? I always hear people talk about how Aldon isn't so pumped about his guys going to this race anyways.

|

8/2/2016 7:13 AM

Tough call between Marvin and Paulin in MX3, but Marvin in MX2 last year was a much stronger contender than Ferrandis this year.

|

8/2/2016 7:20 AM

The teams are all watered down this year. I think USA should win again

|

8/2/2016 7:36 AM

bongobongo wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

The guy has raced 14 mxdn motos so far. Apart from the dnf in franciacorta in 09 where he ...more

Paulin is unpredictable this season.IMO,Musquin would be the better choice on the 450.

|

8/2/2016 7:47 AM

Sodipop wrote:

The US team hasn't even been confirmed yet. I would hold out that judgement until at least Unadilla.

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

8/2/2016 7:54 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

The guy has raced 14 mxdn motos so far. Apart from the dnf in franciacorta in 09 where he ...more

the guy is having is worst season ever in mxgp.

|

8/2/2016 7:58 AM

Sodipop wrote:

MotoTribology wrote:

The US team hasn't even been confirmed yet. I would hold out that judgement until at least Unadilla.

Tomac and Webb alone is a better one two than anyone else has

|

8/2/2016 8:08 AM

Dang, I was hoping Marvin would get a spot on the team.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

8/2/2016 8:16 AM

Paulin on his old Kawi would make this a solid team...

Jokes aside, Paulin will be fine i'm sure, he's been doing ok apart from very recently. He'll turn it around!

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

8/2/2016 8:16 AM

bongobongo wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

bongobongo wrote:

the guy is having is worst season ever in mxgp.

Yeah and still he's been on the podium 3 times. That's as many times as Musquin despite missing a big part of the season due to injury. And he's been doing it in a field that is not thinned out by injuries

|

8/2/2016 8:28 AM

Paulin has always been good at the MXdN, and he was decent last year, even with a knee injury. I think Paulin will be fine.

|

8/2/2016 8:31 AM

Its a good team to be sure. Our US team is up in the air! If Tomac does not race then I would like to see (Short, Webb, Osborne)

I think those guys could all get along and have a good time. Shorty is coming on late and he is on bad suspension. Shorty is also a great starter! If he ran factory normal stuff he would do better. Zach is getting stronger also and he knows those MXGP guys. Webb? Will he is a bad ass so enough said there.

|