Freestyle bmx and the Olympics

slowgti
3/7/2018 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 10:00pm
Some people here have talked about making MX an Olympic sport. Here is a letter from the King of freestyle, Mat Hoffman, and his dealings with the IOC and UCI.

Enjoy

https://digbmx.com/dig-this/why-we-need-to-keep-the-uci-out-of-bmx
|
Dtat720
3/7/2018 6:44pm
UCI is garbage. Olympics have done zero for bmx in the states. Would do zero for mx as well. The exposure reaffirms parents fears of their kids getting hurt if they got in to the sport
slowgti
3/7/2018 7:06pm
All the olympics have done is raise the cost of bmx with zero upside. Imagine what the AMA would do to sell their souls to those guys.
JM485
3/7/2018 7:33pm
Unreal, this is why I don't understand why people in this sport are so eager to sell our souls to big corporations and promotors. Leave it to an Olympic commission to try to ruin something as pure and awesome as BMX, what a joke. If it really goes down like it appears and they try to take over management of the sport, I hope every rider boycotts the games and tells them to shove it up theirs, this isn't their sport to take control of and try to regulate. Matt is beyond a legend, and the fact that they aren't accepting his help and input with open arms tells me all I need to know about their intentions.

Post a reply to: Freestyle bmx and the Olympics

The Latest