Freestone Question

P
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:17am
Did anyone see this pass that DC is talking about?

"First James followed the up-for-the-challenge Mike Alessi of the Rockstar/Makita Suzuki team for a lap in the first moto before making the pass, but then he crashed when his wheels went out from under him in a slick sweeper. Stewart regrouped and came back through from fourth, passing Davi Millsaps with a mind-boggling attempt to double-jump something that was never meant to be jumped."

P
|
Phlapjax
6/9/2008 1:15pm
had to be in the first moto in the first 6 to 7 laps.
Racer92
6/9/2008 1:21pm
I heard about that from a few folks who saw it, I believe that was just after the finish line.

Cant wait to see the race broadcast, James is unreal on a dirtsickle.
mxreid429
6/9/2008 1:38pm
omg i saw that in person, after the race davi millsaps said he almost shit his pants cause stewart was so damn close to him.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/9/2008 1:49pm
I saw video of it...

James did one jump after the finish line in Saturday practice that no one else did (a small roller over a bigger roller. But this one was even bigger than that. Pretty nuts.
nomad15
6/9/2008 2:09pm
I was standing right there, just after the finish line. three singles just out of reach to double, bubba had to much speed after passing DM on the finish line jump.
I really dont think he was attempting to double, just carrying to much speed.
He also cased the hell out of it. Dungy tried to double the first two in practice,
he came up short also. I was there all day, nobody else tried,although IT
bit it hard in the second motor right in the same spot.
P
6/9/2008 2:17pm
nomad15 wrote:
I was standing right there, just after the finish line. three singles just out of reach to double, bubba had to much speed after passing DM...
I was standing right there, just after the finish line. three singles just out of reach to double, bubba had to much speed after passing DM on the finish line jump.
I really dont think he was attempting to double, just carrying to much speed.
He also cased the hell out of it. Dungy tried to double the first two in practice,
he came up short also. I was there all day, nobody else tried,although IT
bit it hard in the second motor right in the same spot.
From what I saw, that was no accident....................

P
jtomasik
6/9/2008 3:44pm
P wrote:
From what I saw, that was no accident....................

P
If you watch Stew's interview at the end, he says something like him not sure what the heck happened. It almost sounds like he just brain farted and hung on the throttle. That's entirely possible. Henry did it with his back-breaking jump at Budds Creek, I believe.
txmxer
6/9/2008 3:57pm
don't know about brain fart, but wrist lock in the pinned WFO position...yeah.

I was standing before the finish line and could just barely see him launch and then bounce when he landed. Didn't have a good view, but from what I could see, I was amazed he stayed up.
dre3101
Fantasy
1834th
6/9/2008 4:02pm
i was flagging at the bottom of the section just south of the finish line. the hospitality tent was moved into the infield this year, immediately south of that section. it looked to me that he was clearing the hospitality tent from my angle.

i have been there 2 years, watched that section for a long time, and the only other person who was even _trying_ that was dungey, and he was not close.

stewie has nads of brass. it was in insane pass. if he was "carrying too much speed", he simply could have railed the outside line, which was faster, and set you up better for the next turn. that jump was on purpose. it may be his hannah at unadilla poster...
KAWboy14
6/9/2008 4:48pm
js and villo looked like they were mad at that track and absolutly attacked every square inch of it!
nomad15
6/9/2008 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2008 5:03pm
dre3101 wrote:
i was flagging at the bottom of the section just south of the finish line. the hospitality tent was moved into the infield this year, immediately...
i was flagging at the bottom of the section just south of the finish line. the hospitality tent was moved into the infield this year, immediately south of that section. it looked to me that he was clearing the hospitality tent from my angle.

i have been there 2 years, watched that section for a long time, and the only other person who was even _trying_ that was dungey, and he was not close.

stewie has nads of brass. it was in insane pass. if he was "carrying too much speed", he simply could have railed the outside line, which was faster, and set you up better for the next turn. that jump was on purpose. it may be his hannah at unadilla poster...
So your at the bottom of the track and cant see that section of the track, and i am standing 10 feet away from the second single in the hospitality tent . Yet you know exactly what happened. lol. BTW the fastest and preferred line all day was around the first single and over the second.
dre3101
Fantasy
1834th
6/10/2008 8:00am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:14pm
nomad15 wrote:
So your at the bottom of the track and cant see that section of the track, and i am standing 10 feet away from the second...
So your at the bottom of the track and cant see that section of the track, and i am standing 10 feet away from the second single in the hospitality tent . Yet you know exactly what happened. lol. BTW the fastest and preferred line all day was around the first single and over the second.
actually, what i said was immediately south of the track. as in down the hill from the tent. as in by the double out of the sweeper, right before the step-up, before the turn that 7 fell in during the moto which we are talking about.

what i saw was a bike in the air where no bike had been any of the past two years. the racerX post show confirmed what I thought. most of the people under the trees just gasped. still an awesome pass. cheers.

Post a reply to: Freestone Question

The Latest