Free agent: Amazing 250 rider looking for a ride

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2021 9:52 AM

Rick Elzinga has shown his talent a numerous times, but his career is in the balance. If the young Dutchman can't secure a paying gig for 2022 he will take some drastic decisions. I dunno if he's open for a American adventure, but this kid a real opportunity.

https://gatedrop.com/rick-elzinga-discusses-his-future-could-be-his-final-year-racing-at-this-level/#.YQ647HiAw0E

|

8/7/2021 4:27 PM

unless he can ride SX it would difficult to get something over here.

my .02 would be to play coming over like an amatuer kid. race the 2022 outdoors then prep for 23 sx

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

8/7/2021 4:33 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Rick Elzinga has shown his talent a numerous times, but his career is in the balance. If the young Dutchman can't secure a ...more

Is he quicker than Jimmy Clochet at Beta? Because that guy is a blue flag bandit.

|

8/7/2021 7:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2021 7:21 PM

MXMattii wrote:

Rick Elzinga has shown his talent a numerous times, but his career is in the balance. If the young Dutchman can't secure a ...more

MetricHotrods wrote:

Is he quicker than Jimmy Clochet at Beta? Because that guy is a blue flag bandit.

I would pick Cyril Genot for that place, he can do good on sand tracks and decent at hard pack. Jumping from EMX250 to MXGP is a damn leap.

Ps: About Elzinga, if he's in capable hands, he has the skillset to master supercross. Thinking about DV12, Byrne, ...

|

8/7/2021 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2021 2:25 PM

I have a race ready 21 KTM 450SXF with pro level suspension.

I also have friends who work for WP and they can fine tune it for his skill level.

I have a race van with full awning and pit setup,

I live 12 miles from Pala,

Tell him to get over to California for the upcoming Fox raceway national and I'll loan him a bike and my race rig for the week if he can get his AMA pro card quickly enough. I’m out with a broken foot so my stuff is not being used right now.

I may know others who can do the same thing for a 250 SXF. If he wants people to take notice of his talent, that would be the race.

|

8/7/2021 8:13 PM

Brent wrote:

I also have friends who work for WP and they can fine tune it ...more

I rarely hit the stupid thumbs buttons, but I'd give you a dozen more thumbs ups if I could.

|

8/7/2021 10:21 PM

I would expect Elzinga to end up at F&H.

|

8/7/2021 11:00 PM

He will have ride next year.

|

8/7/2021 11:15 PM

Brent wrote:

Thats the spirit. Positive stuff is what this forum should be about. So many good people here. If i could get my ass over there I'd jump in as his mechanic for a burger n chips.

There are always ways to catch a fox.....make it happen boys.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/7/2021 11:19 PM

MXMattii wrote:

MxMatti, send me this guys resume and your email address via pm here. I can receive pms but cannot reply with these pms so I'd need your mail address. I know someone who may help out. He has a passion for MX and brought us over and has also put in money to help many other kids out.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/8/2021 12:02 AM

I thought you were gonna talk about Dilan Schwartz...

|

8/9/2021 4:14 AM

I might have a bike for him if he can ride Arenacross.

|

8/9/2021 6:54 PM

|

8/10/2021 5:30 AM

No offense to him, but how are those results indicative of an “amazing” rider?

How is 18th at the Dutch masters in 2019 amazing? Or a 10th in EMX250? Or 24th in EMX250? Sure he’s running in third right now but from what part of any of those results is “amazing?”

I hope the kid gets a shot. It’s cool to see people here willing to help him out. I hope you can hook him up with one of those opportunities and good things happen for him.

|

8/10/2021 6:57 AM

Brent wrote:

Can you text me on instagram @ morissetjocelyn or messenger, I can give u Rick's whatsapp to talk about it.

Cheers mate

|

8/10/2021 6:58 AM

Got some solid 2th and 3th places in there!

|

8/10/2021 7:51 AM

Brent, you are a G.

|

8/10/2021 1:18 PM

kaidodragon wrote:

Can you text me on instagram @ morissetjocelyn or messenger, I can give u Rick's whatsapp to talk about it.

Cheers mate

Message sent

|

8/10/2021 1:50 PM

Elzinga had soms serious injuries in the past, that's why he was out of a ride at the start of last year.

|

8/10/2021 2:05 PM

roninho wrote:

Elzinga had soms serious injuries in the past, that's why he was out of a ride at the start of last year.

Indeed and in the races he rode he was beating guys like Benistant, Guyon, Weckman,... He raced against very talented riders and beat a lot of them.

|

8/10/2021 3:29 PM

roninho wrote:

Actually he had some nasty injuries since he made the step from 85cc to 125s and 250s. He always had speed, just couldnt put it into two decent moto’s. This year his work starts to pay off. Hopefully he gets a ride next yearcool

|

8/10/2021 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2021 3:44 PM

I’ve been in contact with him, we will see what happens in the next day or so.

The timing to be get his AMA pro license and entry if he wants to race on Sept 4th, and book flights, etc. is short- not much time left.

He’s a good rider, I really think he could raise his value by racing here and getting seen by our teams. I’ve got a few industry people willing to help where they can here also.

Stay tuned…

|

8/10/2021 3:41 PM

Brent wrote:

The timing to be get his AMA pro license and ...more

He can race with an international license. The points he'd score just wouldn't count towards earning a top 100 number. NBD!

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/11/2021 9:51 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

He can race with an international license. The points he'd score just wouldn't count towards earning a top 100 number. NBD!

We are working on making this happen. I sent you a PM

|

8/11/2021 1:49 PM

Brent wrote:

The timing to be get his AMA pro license and ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Brent wrote:

We are working on making this happen. I sent you a PM

Just checked and I didn't receive anything. If you tried sending a message from a PC that's probably why I didn't get it. For some reason the messages don't go through with that method. It seems to be hit or miss.

Try again from your phone. That method seems to be more reliable.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/13/2021 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2021 5:09 PM

UPDATE - Rick Elzinga and I have been working together to make this happen. I will be providing him support at both Pala and Hangtown.

Rick is from the Netherlands, and hopes to race both the Pala and Hangtown National. Rick is working on his AMA and Visa paperwork to get here, but my biggest problem is the motorcycle.

I have new 450's that he can use, but he is contracted by his KTM sponsor to only ride a KTM 250SXF, which I don't own, and I am having trouble finding a suitable bike for him. He is bringing all his own suspension and other components.

If anyone in the SoCal area has, or knows of a 2020 or 2021 KTM 250SXF we can rent, can you send me a PM? I will make it worth it for you.

This kid is a real talent and I think he can do well here, hopefully we can pull it off.

Photo

|

8/13/2021 6:16 PM

Brent wrote:

UPDATE - Rick Elzinga and I have been working together to make this happen. I will be providing him support at both Pala and ...more

Very cool Brent. I hope you guys make this happen.

|

8/14/2021 10:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2021 10:15 AM

Brent wrote:

UPDATE - Rick Elzinga and I have been working together to make this happen. I will be providing him support at both Pala and ...more

agn5008 wrote:

Yeah me too.

But with all the Bullshit you have to plow through to race here, it’s no wonder the euro riders don’t come here to race.

If only it was as easy as showing up and paying your money to enter…

|

8/14/2021 10:15 AM

Brent wrote:

agn5008 wrote:

+1

|

8/14/2021 12:31 PM

Brent wrote:

Maybe ask Micky at CMH. With Covid he didn’t have any customers so I’m not sure how many bikes he has to rent. He still maybe has a ktm 250.
Otherwise I would think Kurt Nichols has one at least! He only rents KTM’s and usually has all displacements.

|