Free Motovan build by Custom Upfits.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2020 10:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2020 10:49 PM


Custom Upfits has done a lot for the motocross community. They built a trailer and raffled it away and the proceeds went to Road 2 Recovery for Brian Moreau.

They recently ran a contest for a free motovan build and I was lucky enough to win. They're in Sacramento so I drove up from L.A. on Thursday, stayed the night at a hotel and met up with Todd Ford and his team early Friday morning to start the build. We talked about a few things and the got started with taking apart what I had already put in.

They let me help which was really cool. We took it all the way down to a bare van and then started building it back up. Everything in the van is custom. The crew at Custom Upfits built the cabinets for my van from scratch and even powder coated them on site.

I'm beyond grateful to Todd and his team for this amazing build and spending their time and money on my van. I think it turned out amazing.

He's planning on doing a few more free builds, so go give him a follow on Instagram @customupfits and then send him a email to enter. That's all I did and now I have an amazing van. Photo







Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

9/12/2020 11:48 PM

Sweet set up you got from Custom Upfits and it is really awesome that they give back to the community. Happy for you...

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

9/13/2020 12:29 AM

so cool

|

9/13/2020 4:06 AM

Great setup 👌

|

9/13/2020 4:40 AM

Do you know what the retail value of that build would be for a customer off the street? Really nice job

|

9/13/2020 5:46 AM

Huckster wrote:

Do you know what the retail value of that build would be for a customer off the street? Really nice job

I was afraid to ask. I would guess it would be north of $5k.

|

9/13/2020 6:16 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Sweet set up you got from Custom Upfits and it is really awesome that they give back to the community. Happy for you...

Thanks man.

|

9/13/2020 6:28 PM

moto67e wrote:

I was afraid to ask. I would guess it would be north of $5k.

Way NORTH 👆🏼

|

9/13/2020 6:46 PM

Huckster wrote:

Do you know what the retail value of that build would be for a customer off the street? Really nice job

moto67e wrote:

I was afraid to ask. I would guess it would be north of $5k.

langhammx wrote:

Way NORTH 👆🏼

I could definitely see that. With all the custom made items plus the stereo, inverter and battery, it wouldn't be cheap.

|

9/13/2020 6:51 PM

Very cool.

|

9/13/2020 7:05 PM

GuyB wrote:

Very cool.

Thanks. I'm beyond grateful to them for doing this.

|

9/13/2020 7:11 PM

Very cool!

Btw- who won the trailer? (Bummed I didn’t)

|

9/13/2020 7:21 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Very cool!

Btw- who won the trailer? (Bummed I didn’t)

It was a guy that bought a ticket at the Swapmoto live race series. https://www.instagram.com/p/CC1yFc8Ac4T/

|

9/13/2020 8:25 PM

Super cool and simple build.

Maybe a word of advice - Might I suggest removing any indication on the outside that this is a moto van, considering you live in Southern California. Advertising that you have a van full of awesome stuff to steal is giving a thief a peek inside without ever having to take a look.

Even though the outside looks cool, it might save you in the long run going in "cognito mode" on the outside.

BTW-Really like the table storage. Super clever idea.

Enjoy your van...

|

9/13/2020 8:27 PM

Zaugg wrote:

Super cool and simple build.

Maybe a word of advice - Might I suggest removing any indication on the outside that this is a moto van, considering you live in Southern California. Advertising that you have a van full of awesome stuff to steal is giving a thief a peek inside without ever having to take a look.

Even though the outside looks cool, it might save you in the long run going in "cognito mode" on the outside.

BTW-Really like the table storage. Super clever idea.

Enjoy your van...

That's great advice.

|

9/13/2020 9:35 PM

moto67e wrote:

That's great advice.

I would make up a graphic that says something like Personalized Dog Shit Pick Up Service. Or rattle snake removal.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

9/14/2020 4:52 AM

Super Cool !!!!! Van looks Bad Ass !!!!!!!

|

9/14/2020 8:52 AM

Zaugg wrote:

Super cool and simple build.

Maybe a word of advice - Might I suggest removing any indication on the outside that this is a moto van, considering you live in Southern California. Advertising that you have a van full of awesome stuff to steal is giving a thief a peek inside without ever having to take a look.

Even though the outside looks cool, it might save you in the long run going in "cognito mode" on the outside.

BTW-Really like the table storage. Super clever idea.

Enjoy your van...

moto67e wrote:

That's great advice.

How are those boots being held any pics of that set up ? Great Idea and the table holder also Awesome idea

|

9/14/2020 9:25 AM

moto67e wrote:

I was afraid to ask. I would guess it would be north of $5k.

Ha, dude... probably closer to $20-$25k.

|

9/14/2020 11:49 AM

Huckster wrote:

Do you know what the retail value of that build would be for a customer off the street? Really nice job

moto67e wrote:

I was afraid to ask. I would guess it would be north of $5k.

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Ha, dude... probably closer to $20-$25k.

I wouldn't doubt it.

|

9/14/2020 1:19 PM

526 wrote:

How are those boots being held any pics of that set up ? Great Idea and the table holder also Awesome idea

Photo
Photo
|

9/15/2020 9:31 AM

moto67e wrote:

That's great advice.

526 wrote:

How are those boots being held any pics of that set up ? Great Idea and the table holder also Awesome idea

moto67e wrote: Photo
Photo

Thanks !!!!!

|