Fred Noren's 'Crib' from Racer X

Team MMR
8/29/2017 4:21am
I have been a huge fan of Freddie's since a local race here in ohio in 2015. The track is called OIR (ohio international raceway) and Freddie showed up during a off week for the nationals. He swept the A class on sunday and monday or tuesday came and it was announced he was gonna be the Honda fill-in rider. That was awesome!
mxb2
8/29/2017 6:17am
motofab36 wrote:
Freddy and alot of these other guys could make more money running around the midwest doing fair races all summer
X2,. And some east coat tracks, good cash payouts. Either spend $2000 or make 2k,. Easy decision.
mxb2
8/29/2017 6:50am
I may be wrong but I don't think Craig was going outdoors with GEICO.
tprice07 wrote:
Ahh I didn't know that. I like the guy don't get me wrong. Just feel for Noren in this situation. He's got a good chick to...
Ahh I didn't know that. I like the guy don't get me wrong. Just feel for Noren in this situation. He's got a good chick to deal with all that hassle and headache.
I felt the same way man. When I first heard Craig got it, I was looking for reasons why it was dumb and Freddie should of...
I felt the same way man. When I first heard Craig got it, I was looking for reasons why it was dumb and Freddie should of gotten it. This was one of my main thoughts and when I looked into it, I'm pretty sure that was the reason my bias opinion wasn't valid. Eventually all my thoughts were proven invalid and I finally accepted that Craig was a better (and great) choice. I think he's proven that this summer as well. Still makes me wish Honda would help Freddie out more. They don't realize that a lot of people are pulling for the Noren's. He'd be such a great return on investment. Just give him a few bikes and parts and haul it around all summer. He'd crush top 10s all day.
Because his sx skills are average. And Honda wants SX guys also.
tcallahan707
8/29/2017 7:15am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 7:16am
tprice07 wrote:
Ahh I didn't know that. I like the guy don't get me wrong. Just feel for Noren in this situation. He's got a good chick to...
Ahh I didn't know that. I like the guy don't get me wrong. Just feel for Noren in this situation. He's got a good chick to deal with all that hassle and headache.
I felt the same way man. When I first heard Craig got it, I was looking for reasons why it was dumb and Freddie should of...
I felt the same way man. When I first heard Craig got it, I was looking for reasons why it was dumb and Freddie should of gotten it. This was one of my main thoughts and when I looked into it, I'm pretty sure that was the reason my bias opinion wasn't valid. Eventually all my thoughts were proven invalid and I finally accepted that Craig was a better (and great) choice. I think he's proven that this summer as well. Still makes me wish Honda would help Freddie out more. They don't realize that a lot of people are pulling for the Noren's. He'd be such a great return on investment. Just give him a few bikes and parts and haul it around all summer. He'd crush top 10s all day.
mxb2 wrote:
Because his sx skills are average. And Honda wants SX guys also.
This is true and I understand why he's not on the factory team (although he's getting better and I'd bet an offseason with the factory team helping him learn and perfect the craft would really show).

Honda wants guys that are a positive return on investment. Giving Freddie some minimal support would provide that return, in my opinion. I really think factories are short sighted when it comes to the guys who scrape by to do the whole series and are in the top 20. A little goes a long ways with these guys and the hardcore fans that buy new bikes and gear and parts would appreciate a manufacturer that supports these badass dudes.

The Shop

-eagle-
8/29/2017 7:54am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 8:00am
This is true and I understand why he's not on the factory team (although he's getting better and I'd bet an offseason with the factory team...
This is true and I understand why he's not on the factory team (although he's getting better and I'd bet an offseason with the factory team helping him learn and perfect the craft would really show).

Honda wants guys that are a positive return on investment. Giving Freddie some minimal support would provide that return, in my opinion. I really think factories are short sighted when it comes to the guys who scrape by to do the whole series and are in the top 20. A little goes a long ways with these guys and the hardcore fans that buy new bikes and gear and parts would appreciate a manufacturer that supports these badass dudes.
Totally agree with you about support for top 20 dudes.
Its hard for me to watch Miller and Noren kill it on parts they had to bum from other privateers practice bikes.
Dylan Wright rode around half the day without a visor last weekend.

Seems to me a few motors and visors would be cheaper than all the bad publicity a brand gets by people pointing this stuff out.
tcallahan707
8/29/2017 8:03am
This is true and I understand why he's not on the factory team (although he's getting better and I'd bet an offseason with the factory team...

-eagle- wrote:
Totally agree with you about support for top 20 dudes. Its hard for me to watch Miller and Noren kill it on parts they had to...
Totally agree with you about support for top 20 dudes.
Its hard for me to watch Miller and Noren kill it on parts they had to bum from other privateers practice bikes.
Dylan Wright rode around half the day without a visor last weekend.

Seems to me a few motors and visors would be cheaper than all the bad publicity a brand gets by people pointing this stuff out.
Exactly. I really think with the TV package, instagram, and fantasy leagues, people are much more tuned into these guys stories and are real fans of these guys. Someone will realize that, hopefully sooner than later. I'll keep pointing it out until it changes because more support means more depth and that means better racing. It's good for our sport.
TeamGreen
8/29/2017 8:58am
There's NOTHING "sad" about Freddie's Moto-Life, Career or the way he's getting it done. In-fact, he and his lady are examples of HOW you pursue a dream and HOW you get it done...as a couple...as a family...

As a Team.

When I see them at the track practicing during the week, I'm simply..."proud" of them and HOW they GET IT DONE.
8/29/2017 10:01am
TeamGreen wrote:
There's NOTHING "sad" about Freddie's Moto-Life, Career or the way he's getting it done. In-fact, he and his lady are examples of HOW you pursue a...
There's NOTHING "sad" about Freddie's Moto-Life, Career or the way he's getting it done. In-fact, he and his lady are examples of HOW you pursue a dream and HOW you get it done...as a couple...as a family...

As a Team.

When I see them at the track practicing during the week, I'm simply..."proud" of them and HOW they GET IT DONE.
I mean, this is just a fallacy. It's easy to see why people on here are bummed that freddy has to do this just to get to the races. He's an incredibly kind person that is also a very talented rider.

20 years ago, there were more factory rides and Freddy probably would be one of the guys with it. It's easy to see why some people are bummed that the sport is being dominated by 5-6 contracts every year that determine who gets a ride or not.
mxb2
8/29/2017 2:22pm
Alright then go give him a facotry ride then
Naw man, it's easier to tell people how to spend their $$.

Post a reply to: Fred Noren's 'Crib' from Racer X

The Latest