Fred Noren's 'Crib' from Racer X

Bearuno
https://youtu.be/T9jsbpWf6Zs

Finished 12th overall in the US Nationals this year, and, I think higher up than that a few times previous to this year?

And, there'd be a lot of others with far less support.

This is Not a 'knock' on the US Nationals, for the those prone to hysterics here.

It's the sort of thing you see through all branches of our sport, well, all sports.

The privateers and small teams in a Series are the life blood of the sport.

Fred has done very well over his years in the States, and, at times has had a few appearances for Honda. He, and his Wife , his Mechanic, seem such a great group of people - as are so many within our sport.

I just wish there wasn't such a disparity from the top riders, through to even blokes just off the top ten, let alone those making the top 30 / 40 etc.

They seem a happy group. Heck, it might just be a great example of people making do, and not wasting a single cent, that they can use with the rest of their lives away from the race at hand. And, the co-operation / help given to them by other riders / teams show the best part of our sport, I think.
|
Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 1:09am
Freddy is a great outdoor rider. The results he´s managed this year has been great considering he´s only a mostly stock bike compared to all the factory guys he´s racing.

He finished 10th outdoors 2015 and again 10th outdoors 2016.

He didnt quite reach his results from previous years but then again both 2015 and 2016 he got to fill-in for HRC mid-late in the season both years. This year best was an 8th in Southwick (on a borrowed 100% stock engine) and previous years he´s been making it into the top 6-7 on several occasions.

People like Freddy or Henry Miller or Justin Hoeft or whoever else privateers that battle it out with the factory boys should really get more help.

IMO the problem is that few gets too much. Imagine how much money is thrown at a selected few riders on the circus (ET3, RD5, RC94 etc) and because of that, the top 10-15 guys have to pit out of a van to go racing. The salaries for the top guys are just too ridicoulus. Take some of that money and pour it into factory-backed satellite teams that can house the Norens and the Millers etc.

agn5009
8/28/2017 6:02am
Would a guy like Freddy benefit from racing the Canadian, Australian or British championship etc moreso than the AMA? I mean would he make more money because he could most likely get a factory ride in one or the smaller series?
8/28/2017 6:09am
So much respect for these dudes that are keeping their dream alive on a shoe string budget.

The Shop

Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 6:18am
agn5009 wrote:
Would a guy like Freddy benefit from racing the Canadian, Australian or British championship etc moreso than the AMA? I mean would he make more money...
Would a guy like Freddy benefit from racing the Canadian, Australian or British championship etc moreso than the AMA? I mean would he make more money because he could most likely get a factory ride in one or the smaller series?
Probably yeah and he´s stated in interviews that he would be really interested in a MXGP ride if it came up. Guy must make a living and even though he and Amy looks happy doing the privateer thing and all that it just must be taxing on life having to doing everything like that year after year. I could see him going to Canada if a good offer showed up.

If he gets a similar offers in both Europe and the US, I would think he chooses the US without a doubt but since he´s so behind in supercross he wont ever land a properly "great" ride in the US whereas in Europe the deals are MX only so hi´s options should be more lucrative.
kkawboy14
8/28/2017 6:26am
Bearuno wrote:
https://youtu.be/T9jsbpWf6Zs Finished 12th overall in the US Nationals this year, and, I think higher up than that a few times previous to this year? And, there'd...
https://youtu.be/T9jsbpWf6Zs

Finished 12th overall in the US Nationals this year, and, I think higher up than that a few times previous to this year?

And, there'd be a lot of others with far less support.

This is Not a 'knock' on the US Nationals, for the those prone to hysterics here.

It's the sort of thing you see through all branches of our sport, well, all sports.

The privateers and small teams in a Series are the life blood of the sport.

Fred has done very well over his years in the States, and, at times has had a few appearances for Honda. He, and his Wife , his Mechanic, seem such a great group of people - as are so many within our sport.

I just wish there wasn't such a disparity from the top riders, through to even blokes just off the top ten, let alone those making the top 30 / 40 etc.

They seem a happy group. Heck, it might just be a great example of people making do, and not wasting a single cent, that they can use with the rest of their lives away from the race at hand. And, the co-operation / help given to them by other riders / teams show the best part of our sport, I think.
To me it says a lot about the sport!
HenryA
8/28/2017 6:39am
Love their attitude but it's kinda sad that they have to live like that. I really hope that he lands a good ride for the next year.
r.sal923
8/28/2017 6:41am
agn5009 wrote:
Would a guy like Freddy benefit from racing the Canadian, Australian or British championship etc moreso than the AMA? I mean would he make more money...
AMA = 2400$ 11th place finish
Cmrc= 200$ 11th place finish

Make more money rolling around in 35th at Glen Helen then 11th at Regina .
Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 6:45am
r.sal923 wrote:

Maybe you should compare AMA 11th to CMRC 2-3rd?

Very interested how that compares actually
agn5009
8/28/2017 6:50am
agn5009 wrote:
r.sal923 wrote:

I don't think Freddy would be an 11th place rider in the Canadian series. He would be fighting for top 5s and wins. Plus he could probably have a factory ride in Canada, which would obviously pay him to race.

Anyone know what a guy like Alessi makes racing full time in Canada?
8/28/2017 7:46am
And this lucky guy has the absolute loveliest wife in the pits!
Wink
r.sal923
8/28/2017 7:49am
agn5009 wrote:
r.sal923 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
I don't think Freddy would be an 11th place rider in the Canadian series. He would be fighting for top 5s and wins. Plus he could...
I don't think Freddy would be an 11th place rider in the Canadian series. He would be fighting for top 5s and wins. Plus he could probably have a factory ride in Canada, which would obviously pay him to race.

Cmrc 1st place finish in the 450 class is 1000$. Cannot comment on sponsorship money, only the public info on the internet. Alssei must be making more money racing Canada than the USA nationals, but he sure is not making it with purse money.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
8/28/2017 8:03am
r.sal923 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
I don't think Freddy would be an 11th place rider in the Canadian series. He would be fighting for top 5s and wins. Plus he could...

r.sal923 wrote:
Cmrc 1st place finish in the 450 class is 1000$. Cannot comment on sponsorship money, only the public info on the internet. Alssei must be making...
Cmrc 1st place finish in the 450 class is 1000$. Cannot comment on sponsorship money, only the public info on the internet. Alssei must be making more money racing Canada than the USA nationals, but he sure is not making it with purse money.
$2400 for 11th? You sure its that high?. Does anyone have the current payout at the nationals? I believe 21-40 gets $200.
tprice07
8/28/2017 8:13am
Hey, at least Christian Craig got to ride HRC 450 this year....
dirtdog36
8/28/2017 8:24am
tprice07 wrote:
I think that is the point someone made earlier... its SX holding him back.

Craig had some great SX rides and was "rewarded" with the HRC 450 this summer...

just the way it goes. SX is more important than MX right now... (Not my opinion, the factories opinion based on the decisions they make)
agn5009
8/28/2017 8:35am
tprice07 wrote:
dirtdog36 wrote:
I think that is the point someone made earlier... its SX holding him back. Craig had some great SX rides and was "rewarded" with the HRC...
I think that is the point someone made earlier... its SX holding him back.

Craig had some great SX rides and was "rewarded" with the HRC 450 this summer...

just the way it goes. SX is more important than MX right now... (Not my opinion, the factories opinion based on the decisions they make)
Christian Craig also gets better results in MX though. You're essentially comparing a guy (craig) who is capable of putting in solid top 5 finishes in SX and solid top 10 finishes every week in MX to a guy (Noren) who is typically 15th-20th in SX and 10th to 15th in MX.

I'm totally on the pay Noren bandwagon, but you can't compare him to a guy like Craig who is all around faster, gets better results consistently and has way more upside.
tcallahan707
8/28/2017 8:49am
tprice07 wrote:
To be fair, Craig kicked ass this summer on that bike. I would have loved to see Freddie on that bike but let's not act like Craig was a poor choice.

I don't get why Honda can't throw Freddie's bike and parts in their hospitality rig or something. Being able to stay home, train/ride, eat right, sleep well and then fly to the races is such a huge advantage. These guys stayed with me for the Thunder Valley round and I couldn't believe how much stuff they fit in the van. It filled my garage when they unloaded! And then we get to the track and I see 2 Honda semis sitting there solely for Seely to go racing. I can see if they were new to the series or the brand but a relationship exists between Freddie and Honda. How can they not help a dude like that out at almost zero extra cost or effort on their part? The Norens are such great ambassadors for the brand. This sport is so backwards sometimes.

brewrabb
8/28/2017 8:56am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Wink
Sacre bleu, what would Mathilde say!
8/28/2017 9:23am
tprice07 wrote:
Who else would you really have wanted to ride it? JMart was going for a championship...thats all I got. Might as well give it to the guy that puts in the effort and usually keeps it on two wheels...not to mention CC48 gets along with CS14 and KR94 so their very little BS drama.

Honda should sign Freddy, I can't imagine he would demand a huge paycheck to ride the red bike.
tprice07
8/28/2017 9:32am
tprice07 wrote:
Who else would you really have wanted to ride it? JMart was going for a championship...thats all I got. Might as well give it to the...
Who else would you really have wanted to ride it? JMart was going for a championship...thats all I got. Might as well give it to the guy that puts in the effort and usually keeps it on two wheels...not to mention CC48 gets along with CS14 and KR94 so their very little BS drama.

Honda should sign Freddy, I can't imagine he would demand a huge paycheck to ride the red bike.
I like Christian Craig, have his jersey/pants on my wall. I was just bummed that he took that 450 ride when he already had a 250 ride..now if Geico would have thrown Freddy onto the 250 that would have been cool. Just sucks to see a ride go to someone who already has a ride.
F.B
8/28/2017 10:14am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Wink
brewrabb wrote:
Dragonback is a huge fan of Musquin. He would never make that kind of comment about Mathilde, he has way too much admiration for his idol for that.
davistld01
8/28/2017 12:42pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Wink
brewrabb wrote:
Yeah, man...Mathilde Musquin has her beat in the "lovely" dept.
Flip109
8/28/2017 12:54pm
I can't believe they would live like that for more than maybe 1-2 seasons chasing "the dream". Looks like more of a nightmare.
tcallahan707
8/28/2017 1:05pm
tprice07 wrote:
Who else would you really have wanted to ride it? JMart was going for a championship...thats all I got. Might as well give it to the...

tprice07 wrote:
I like Christian Craig, have his jersey/pants on my wall. I was just bummed that he took that 450 ride when he already had a 250...
I like Christian Craig, have his jersey/pants on my wall. I was just bummed that he took that 450 ride when he already had a 250 ride..now if Geico would have thrown Freddy onto the 250 that would have been cool. Just sucks to see a ride go to someone who already has a ride.
I may be wrong but I don't think Craig was going outdoors with GEICO.
tprice07
8/28/2017 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 3:48pm

tprice07 wrote:
I like Christian Craig, have his jersey/pants on my wall. I was just bummed that he took that 450 ride when he already had a 250...
Ahh I didn't know that. I like the guy don't get me wrong. Just feel for Noren in this situation. He's got a good chick to deal with all that hassle and headache.
motofab36
8/28/2017 4:03pm
Freddy and alot of these other guys could make more money running around the midwest doing fair races all summer
sparker245
8/28/2017 4:11pm
Just watched. Ton of respect for Fast Freddie. What he's accomplishing with such limited resources is absolutely amazing.
tcallahan707
8/28/2017 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 4:32pm
tprice07 wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
Ahh I didn't know that. I like the guy don't get me wrong. Just feel for Noren in this situation. He's got a good chick to...
Ahh I didn't know that. I like the guy don't get me wrong. Just feel for Noren in this situation. He's got a good chick to deal with all that hassle and headache.
I felt the same way man. When I first heard Craig got it, I was looking for reasons why it was dumb and Freddie should of gotten it. This was one of my main thoughts and when I looked into it, I'm pretty sure that was the reason my bias opinion wasn't valid. Eventually all my thoughts were proven invalid and I finally accepted that Craig was a better (and great) choice. I think he's proven that this summer as well. Still makes me wish Honda would help Freddie out more. They don't realize that a lot of people are pulling for the Noren's. He'd be such a great return on investment. Just give him a few bikes and parts and haul it around all summer. He'd crush top 10s all day.

Post a reply to: Fred Noren's 'Crib' from Racer X

The Latest