Fractured vertebrea

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2020 7:07 PM

Hey guys I recently wrecked and fractured my L5 vertebrae on oct. 4th now a month in a back brace went to the doctor the other day and he said come back in another month still wearing the back brace. Just wondering if any of y’all have done this and how soon y’all got back on the bike

|

11/2/2020 2:34 AM

I broke six on August 21st. Still waiting, I go back on November 13th. Hopefully Friday the 13th is my lucky day and I can start working out harder. Not sure if I will return to riding but hope that I will.

|

11/2/2020 4:01 AM

Broke my d2-d3-d4 spinous processes and collarbone on Semptember 1st.

I can do 90% of daily things now (2 months later), BUT the doctors told me i will be back on the bike for January in the best case scenario, worst will be for march.

I still have dizziness and headache. Probably because i hit very hard my cervical:
This wednesday i'll start with the first phisiotherapist session

|

rarararaataatatatata

11/2/2020 4:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2020 6:15 AM

Doc asked me when I broke mine. Told him I didn't know. You should have seen his face. For the record I don't know when I did it.

Hope you heal up quickly and have no lasting issues. Back problems suck.

|

11/2/2020 5:37 AM

I broke the T5 and T6 just over a year ago and not from a bike related issue. Then had it operated on in March. It is still in real bad shape and I am in a lot of pain. No idea if I will ever get back on a bike.
Good luck to you, but be sure to let it heal before you ride or you may have a life time of problems.

Paw Paw

|

11/2/2020 6:03 AM

You won't know how you're really doing with healing until you get out of the brace. I wore one four months after I compressed my T8 and T9. The joy of pain didn't start until after the brace came off and the prescription drugs ended. Don't force it and take your time healing. Twisting motions are the hardest to manage at first but you'll figure it out.

|

11/2/2020 6:21 AM

Vertebra, if its just one. And one is more than enough!

Take your time. I'm 1 year and 9 months down the road from mine, 13 fractures and a fusion to secure everything. Twisting is still very tight and I'm still trying to learn what flexibility may help with and what is just not gonna change. I have tons of tightness everywhere, specifically around my fusion. At one year I got on my dirt bike and rode around the yard. I felt like I was only along for the ride as I had no real strength and definitely didn't want to dab a foot or anything. In September I rode again and felt 100x better. I'm still not even half of where I used to be but it gave me hope that I could maybe get some of it back.

Take your time, do the therapy, do the therapy home work. Be careful and get off the prescriptions as soon as possible. I felt my pain lessened after I stopped taking medicine. The way those things affect the brain is a crazy thing. Good luck and I wish you the best.

|

Motorcycles have been keeping me smiling for 19 years and counting!

The Chap - My YouTube channel. Trying to share the stoke!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTZ4lNA_xYv6N2DS4L1Now

11/2/2020 6:37 AM

I fractured my L2 and was in the brace for 3 months, then another month off the bike. A total of four months and I was riding again. I don't really have residual pain unless I push it hard and don't recover like I should. I'll be 50 next month so I don't heal as quick as in the past but other than the inconvenience of the damn brace once the healing started it wasn't that bad as this time I didn't need surgery. Photo
Photo

|

11/2/2020 6:47 AM

as Vans says above take your time
every one will heal and react differently.
fractured L2 compression fracture snow boarding. back brace on for 12 weeks and when it was removed muscle wastage was immense. I couldn't lean forward to brush my teeth, it took one and a half years to be nearly back to where I was before. physio was mainly swimming and yoga the stretching was brilliant but watch your limits and don't force it, it will come with time. build your core muscles back up and you will know yourself when the time is right.
all the best.

|

11/2/2020 6:57 AM

mac3-d wrote:

as Vans says above take your time
every one will heal and react differently.
fractured L2 compression fracture snow boarding. ...more

I couldn't agree more! Just like you said, there is no set time, when you are ready, you will know.

|

Motorcycles have been keeping me smiling for 19 years and counting!

The Chap - My YouTube channel. Trying to share the stoke!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTZ4lNA_xYv6N2DS4L1Now

11/2/2020 7:03 AM

T1, T2, T3 and T12. They told me that's it for me. In pain everyday a year later with all the hardware that I get to keep. It could have been much worse so Im grateful for the memories and leaving it at that.

Please keep your chin up and let us know how the recovery goes!

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

11/2/2020 8:10 AM

Shit, Im a year out on a herniated disc and it is still bad. I have been bad about letting it heal though.

|

11/2/2020 8:23 AM

@Skerby my herniated disc process was way worse than the L2 fracture. I did everything possible to keep from getting cut on and even the first surgery didn't fix it. Second surgery replacing the disc with an artificial one was amazing and a 100% recovery. Be careful man and the older you get the harder that herniation is on your body. Those can be so damn painful.

|

11/2/2020 12:03 PM

Had a pretty nasty compression fracture in the t7 and t6. Back on the bike in 12 weeks, only trouble I have are aches when it gets cold. Best of luck with your back.

|

11/2/2020 12:16 PM

KMC440 wrote:

Doc asked me when I broke mine. Told him I didn't know. You should have seen his face. For the record I don't know when I did ...more

Yep, I've been there too.

|

11/2/2020 12:24 PM

fanger wrote:

Had a pretty nasty compression fracture in the t7 and t6. Back on the bike in 12 weeks, only trouble I have are aches when it ...more

Was you in a back brace the whole 12 weeks?

|

11/2/2020 4:36 PM

I guess I have cheated on the brace wearing. I was in trouble many days in the hospital for not always wearing my brace 24 hours a day. Still not wearing it all the time. I do wear it if I work out at home or gym but not much otherwise. Wearing it with a broken jaw wired up sucked.

|

11/9/2020 7:34 AM

I broke my lower back years ago and didn’t know it... I rode for years with back pain and my first vertebrae popping out of place to my pelvis similar to your shoulder being dislocated.. It finally was discovered it had been broken all that time..
I had 2 different fusion surgeries on my lower back and then another fusion surgery on my neck...
I didn’t ride for about 5 years because of all this going on, but now, just started riding again several months ago and I feel great riding now!!!!!
So much so that I bought a 2020 ktm150sx.... Not planning on racing, but the exercise from riding mx can’t be beat!!!
Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

|