Fox instincts vs Sidi Crossfires

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2018 2:46 PM

Anyone have experience with both and can offer their opinions on which is better? I already know I'm gonna get people telling me to buy tech 10's or SG12'S but I'm not interested. I've had both and I'm not super impressed with either. I basically have my mind set on either the instinct or crossfire.

Thanks fellas!

|

9/13/2018 2:49 PM

Can’t compare but I love my instincts

|

9/13/2018 2:52 PM

From my experience the Fox boots are much better suited for Moto (unless you get the off-road version) because they have more ankle support. I love SIDI's for off-road because they are more comfortable for wearing for long periods of time and are more comfortable to walk around in (think gnarly off-road trails where walking or hiking is necessary).

|

9/13/2018 2:55 PM

jankymike wrote:

From my experience the Fox boots are much better suited for Moto (unless you get the off-road version) because they have more ankle support. I love SIDI's for off-road because they are more comfortable for wearing for long periods of time and are more comfortable to walk around in (think gnarly off-road trails where walking or hiking is necessary).

Gnarly offroad is mainly what I do. I don't do the Moto thing too much anymore. I was looking at the instinct offroad version in particular.

|

9/13/2018 3:07 PM

For me, its crossfire all the way. Only reason to go elsewhere is if you got hippo feet, then the fit would be better with the huge boot(fox).

|

9/13/2018 3:13 PM

agn5009 wrote:

Gnarly offroad is mainly what I do. I don't do the Moto thing too much anymore. I was looking at the instinct offroad version in particular.

I haven't had the instinct boots but EVERYONE I ride offroad with that had them said he would never buy them again (for Offroad - MX might be a different story).
I saw them come apart in a matter of months or even weeks.

My Sidis hold up well and if something gets damaged you can just replace it yourself because everything is just bolted on

|

9/13/2018 3:16 PM

jankymike wrote:

From my experience the Fox boots are much better suited for Moto (unless you get the off-road version) because they have more ankle support. I love SIDI's for off-road because they are more comfortable for wearing for long periods of time and are more comfortable to walk around in (think gnarly off-road trails where walking or hiking is necessary).

agn5009 wrote:

Gnarly offroad is mainly what I do. I don't do the Moto thing too much anymore. I was looking at the instinct offroad version in particular.

crusty_xx wrote:

I haven't had the instinct boots but EVERYONE I ride offroad with that had them said he would never buy them again (for Offroad - MX might be a different story).
I saw them come apart in a matter of months or even weeks.

My Sidis hold up well and if something gets damaged you can just replace it yourself because everything is just bolted on

I second everything said here....

Instincts will get trashed in a HURRY off road. For whatever reason they just don't hold up well (no experience on the moto side).

Like was mentioned...Sidi's are incredibly comfortable (unless you've got fat feet)...and its so nice to be able to replace pretty much replace any part of the boot if it breaks...though I've only replaced the souls on mine (crossfire 2 SRS).

|

9/13/2018 3:22 PM

Thanks guys. I don't think I have fat feet. Any preference between the crossfire 2 and 3s? Obviously the 3s are better for some reason but are they worth the price difference?

|

9/13/2018 3:26 PM

I've always been a tech 8/tech 10 guy. Then my last pair I bought the SG 12s. They're all just so bulky. Supposedly the Sidi and instincts are far less bulky. Sounds like the Sidi is what I should go with though.

|

9/13/2018 3:28 PM

Here are some awesome deals on MX boots.
www.usedmxboots.com

I've ordered like 10 pairs of boots from that site (not all for me).
All of them came as described (or even better)

|

9/13/2018 3:31 PM

Sidi runs small and narrow,. Instincts are great boots, run 1 size small. Imo.

|

9/13/2018 3:31 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Here are some awesome deals on MX boots.
www.usedmxboots.com

I've ordered like 10 pairs of boots from that site (not all for me).
All of them came as described (or even better)

Thanks. I check it daily but I haven't been able to find a pair of Sidis in size 11 that I want. Hopefully a pair comes up soon.

|

9/13/2018 3:43 PM

I wore SIDIs for the last 12 years. I just got my first pair of Instincts about a year ago. The SIDIs are very comfortable but lack the ankle support of the Instincts on a MX track. I prefer the Instincts for MX, no question. If I ride off road or trails or dual sport I wear my old SIDIs. If I were to give up MX I would buy a pair of FOX off road or Comp boots.

|

Bret Bonham

9/13/2018 3:45 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I've always been a tech 8/tech 10 guy. Then my last pair I bought the SG 12s. They're all just so bulky. Supposedly the Sidi and instincts are far less bulky. Sounds like the Sidi is what I should go with though.

Though I’ve olnly tried on tech 10’s, the instincts have the same bulky feeling

|

9/13/2018 4:08 PM

The crossfire 3 has a bit more ankle support than the 2 because of the limiter built into the hinge.

|

9/13/2018 4:24 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I've always been a tech 8/tech 10 guy. Then my last pair I bought the SG 12s. They're all just so bulky. Supposedly the Sidi and instincts are far less bulky. Sounds like the Sidi is what I should go with though.

Fresh wrote:

Though I’ve olnly tried on tech 10’s, the instincts have the same bulky feeling

Really? Well there goes that. I was under the impression they weren't bulky like the Crossfires.

|

9/13/2018 5:06 PM

agn5009 wrote:

Really? Well there goes that. I was under the impression they weren't bulky like the Crossfires.

I wear size 13 boots. I have no problem shifting or using the back brake with my Instincts. I don't find them to be bulky at all.

|

Bret Bonham

9/13/2018 5:08 PM

Fresh wrote:

Though I’ve olnly tried on tech 10’s, the instincts have the same bulky feeling

agn5009 wrote:

Really? Well there goes that. I was under the impression they weren't bulky like the Crossfires.

Bret wrote:

I wear size 13 boots. I have no problem shifting or using the back brake with my Instincts. I don't find them to be bulky at all.

I was referring to the ankle area, not the toe box. I don’t have issues with feel with my instincts. But they do have a fat feeling in the ankle, much like the tech 10’s

|

9/13/2018 5:11 PM

Fresh wrote:

I was referring to the ankle area, not the toe box. I don’t have issues with feel with my instincts. But they do have a fat feeling in the ankle, much like the tech 10’s

I agree with you on the thicker feeling in the ankle. I put on my SIDIs the other day for a dual sport ride and they felt like I was wearing a pair of shoes instead of motorcycle boots. They felt very flimsy compared to my Instincts.

|

Bret Bonham

9/13/2018 5:11 PM

If you're doing more off road have you tried on the tech 7? They make an enduro sole version as well and they are much lighter and more comfortable than the tech 10. The price is good too at $350 for the mx and $370 for the enduro version.

|

9/13/2018 5:14 PM

They are about the same, pick a color!

|

9/13/2018 5:22 PM

Spooner wrote:

If you're doing more off road have you tried on the tech 7? They make an enduro sole version as well and they are much lighter and more comfortable than the tech 10. The price is good too at $350 for the mx and $370 for the enduro version.

I haven't checked into them. I'll take a look now thanks.

|

9/13/2018 5:28 PM

Havent worn sidi's, Loved my SG10's, hated my SG12's... Second pair of fox boots, and to be honest, if I had to pay retail I would not buy them. LOVE the instincts for moto, super comfortable, can wear them at the track all day, i find myself not even unbuckling them while sitting around most of a race day. however, the first pair were Gen1's and fell apart super quick. This pair has been quite a bit better, but I doubt they'd last 3-4 seasons like my SG10's would. Sorry, no experience with SIDI to compare to.

|

9/13/2018 6:40 PM

Sidi’s look and feel like horse jockey boots.

|

9/13/2018 7:30 PM

Op your thread should be . Should I buy 2 pairs of fox boots or 1 pair of sidi s .lol

|

9/13/2018 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2018 7:33 PM

Sidi's are worth every penny. Mine are going on 5 years strong. You can replace the soles if needed. Fantastic boots.

|

9/13/2018 7:46 PM

Sidi Crossfires are great. I used to wear tech 7s but switched and wouldn't wear any other boot now. They have a nice slim light feeling which is gives awesome feel on the bike, but they definitely still feel protective. One big thing I noticed is that A stars soak up a bunch of water when riding in wet conditions and get super heavy, whereas the Sidis do not. You won't regret buying Sidis. Like switching brands with anything, it might take a couple tries to get the size right. I even have a wider foot but I'd rather cram my foot in the narrower Sidis and have the good feel on the controls.

|

9/13/2018 8:28 PM

Photo

2 years of my instincts racing H&H. No issues!

I ride with mean foot pegs on all my bikes too..
|

9/13/2018 8:48 PM

I ride with fox instinct for 2 years, buy sidi crossfire this year. Ride 5 times with it en take the fox again. Buy now new fox again en sold the sidi. Fox is so comfort, just like i wear my nikes.

|

9/13/2018 9:20 PM

agn5009 wrote:

Anyone have experience with both and can offer their opinions on which is better? I already know I'm gonna get people telling me to buy tech 10's or SG12'S but I'm not interested. I've had both and I'm not super impressed with either. I basically have my mind set on either the instinct or crossfire.

Thanks fellas!

I actually went from Fox instincts to Sidi Crossfires so I can give you a pretty good opinion and I'm a woods rider who love gnarly technical riding. The Fox boot was the most comfortable boot I have ever worn and it felt like wearing sneakers. The negative on the fox boot is that it quickly broke down and the boots did not hold up, that being said Fox was always awesome with there warranty. The Sidi crossfire sr2 and sr3 (I have them both) are almost as comfortable as the fox but a little bit stiffer when new. The Sr2 has better feel on the foot pegs and is easier to move around in slow technical riding over the SR3. The SR3 offers way better ankle support over the SR2 and the Fox instinct and I prefer wearing my SR3 when riding moto or fast open trails. The SR soles wear out pretty quick but they are super easy to replace and I like that you can put a offroad sole on them as a replacement

|