Fox Vue - Roll off?

aees
Edited Date/Time 6/14/2018 3:21am
Does anyone know when Roll off is suppose to be available for purchase (and delivery...) from Fox?
|
aees
4/11/2018 4:43am
Interesting, was looking around but could not find any mass role out so i assumed it was added to some website, but when ordered it would not be delivered for a few weeks or months.

Has anyone actually used or received them from a dealer?
takitimu
6/12/2018 5:05pm
Has anyone else tried these ?, Unless I'm missing something you need to take the side bits off before you put the lens in the frame ( the strap/lens attachment doesn't fit under the roll off sides ) , then screw them back on.
It's not the most simple process, I guess you have to drill your own holes for new lenses as well.

The Shop

kNewc
6/13/2018 8:45am
For how much they cost, and you have to drill them? Screw that, if you really need roll-offs why not by a cheap pair of Scotts?
takitimu
6/14/2018 2:59am
kNewc wrote:
For how much they cost, and you have to drill them? Screw that, if you really need roll-offs why not by a cheap pair of Scotts?
They're the best goggles I've used, it's a test, to see if I prefer them over Airbrakes or 100% with roll-off's.
My biggest problem with the Vue is the lens scratches inside incredibly easily ( the anti fog I think ).
But and it's a decent but, they are amazing to wear, so I'm trying to make them work ( the lens is closer to your face and I reckon it helps ).
100% seems to make the best lens for bush ( dark soil ) from what I can tell, their yellow is amazing, but they fog up something fearful ( or I ride to slow ).
6/14/2018 3:20am
kNewc wrote:
takitimu wrote:
They're the best goggles I've used, it's a test, to see if I prefer them over Airbrakes or 100% with roll-off's. My biggest problem with the...
They're the best goggles I've used, it's a test, to see if I prefer them over Airbrakes or 100% with roll-off's.
My biggest problem with the Vue is the lens scratches inside incredibly easily ( the anti fog I think ).
But and it's a decent but, they are amazing to wear, so I'm trying to make them work ( the lens is closer to your face and I reckon it helps ).
100% seems to make the best lens for bush ( dark soil ) from what I can tell, their yellow is amazing, but they fog up something fearful ( or I ride to slow ).
The airbrake roll off system is perfect. At least the new version (called BRO: Big roll off). It's so smooth and the roll is really long and wide. Easily the best on the market IMO. It comes at a price though.
aees
4/12/2019 11:43am
Not sure how the hell Fox could let the roll-off product to the market like this

1. You have to drill holes in lenses to make them work for roll off system, incl destroying and removing the tear off pin which make the lens uselens for non roll off usage

2. There is no way to place a holeshot tear-off on top the roll off system

3. You have to use a screwdriver to replace the lens on goggles with the roll off system

4. There is big holes on the backside of canister where the threads covering the lens that the roll off film runs on, water gets in there and then ends up between the lens and the film.

Complete joke.

For tear off only they work good though.
aees
5/6/2019 6:10am
After buying and testing the new Leatt velocity, I go back to Vue. Bit more hazzle switching between roll off and year off but fits me better and not as heavy as the Leatt velocity. Leatt was not super easy either removing things.

Will get back when I have tested the Vue roll off coming weekend.
5/6/2019 6:18am
Drill holes in the lense? Reminds me when I used to put Smith Roll Offs on my Oakley's back in the day.
aees
5/6/2019 6:22am
Drill holes in the lense? Reminds me when I used to put Smith Roll Offs on my Oakley's back in the day.
If you buy a complete roll off kit it is ready for mounting, but if you buy separate lenses they are not ready for roll off and you need to modify them yourself.

Also a lense modified for roll off, can not be used for tear off. Basically the lenses are not interchangeable.
5/6/2019 6:48am
aees wrote:
If you buy a complete roll off kit it is ready for mounting, but if you buy separate lenses they are not ready for roll off...
If you buy a complete roll off kit it is ready for mounting, but if you buy separate lenses they are not ready for roll off and you need to modify them yourself.

Also a lense modified for roll off, can not be used for tear off. Basically the lenses are not interchangeable.
That's really bad design, my Airbrakes use the same lense for tear offs & roll offs.
aees
5/11/2019 10:46am
Raced with them today. They feel and fit smaller then both Leatt Velocity and Prospect. I like that, the other 2 just pinched my nose. Leatt is also very heavy.

Raced with both roll off, and tear off laminated, and regular tear off. No big issues. Roll off worked better then Scott prospect since it has the fishing line instead of wider plastic lense that film runs across.

Unfortunately dust got to some degree into between the laminated and lense but not to bad. I did put a tape ontop of the goggles to try and protect from stuff from above, but I think it entered through the side where there is a small gap between the laminated pack and lense.

Roll off I had one issue, the screw that hold the canister in place creates a stripe on the film if you get dust or something into the film canister. When you pull, the film runs tight on top of the screw head which makes a mark in the film across the lense (eventually). I'm gonna look for a screw with a flatter head.

One big hazzle is basically you have to have separate lenses for roll-off only and have to use a screwdriver to remove the roll off lense. You can not just use the smart attach system so to say. Maybe it is fine since you typically run clear only when using roll off, but since more and more tracks are forbidding use of tear off you are going to want to run tinted lenses depending on condition and then it takes a few minutes to swap lenses.

Im waiting for the Armega to be available in roll off. If they have a smoother system for switching between roll off and tear off and the same smaller fitting as Vue, I will switch. I also like the laminated tear off that 100% will release that stick to the lense so no dust or water can enter between lense and first tear off.

But all in all Vue is ok besides the roll off vs tear off situation.

Post a reply to: Fox Vue - Roll off?

The Latest